[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Do we have an excuse to shut down melo?
Author Thread
KP4Life
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6117
USA
2/24/2017  1:13 PM
Does he having a nagging injury that needs surgery? Maybe a vacation? We need to tank :/
AUTOADVERT
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
2/24/2017  1:15 PM
let's just let him go iso-melo all game long if he likes. guarantee we lose every game.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/24/2017  1:17 PM
feature him. Run 30 plays a game for him. We will have the #1 pick and we can see him high with his awesome scoring average
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Chandler
Member: #6197

2/24/2017  1:47 PM
I think the coach needs some nads

Don't play defense consistently; don't run back fast enough etc. You sit and you watch and learn from those who will do that. No exceptions

(5)(5)
SwishAndDish13
Member: #5700

2/24/2017  1:47 PM
No, but we can and should shut down KP. He's hurt again (shocker I know).
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/24/2017  1:52 PM
35-40mins a night, break out Woody's 4th Q playbook of iso melo after iso melo
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
2/24/2017  2:10 PM
KP4Life wrote:Does he having a nagging injury that needs surgery? Maybe a vacation? We need to tank :/

Just play the man, that in itself is the art of tanking.

knicks1248
Member: #582
2/24/2017  2:11 PM
KP4Life wrote:Does he having a nagging injury that needs surgery? Maybe a vacation? We need to tank :/

Are we winning with him?

ES
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

2/24/2017  2:13 PM
fishmike wrote:feature him. Run 30 plays a game for him. We will have the #1 pick and we can see him high with his awesome scoring average

Funny, yet so true.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/24/2017  2:13 PM
Other then getting lucky with lotto balls. I don't see us finishing higher then 7th. The other teams below us will tank just as hard. Mavs might pick up some wins with the addition of Noel. But Nets(Celtics farm team), 76ers, Magic, Suns, Lakers won't get any better. Kings will drop but Pelicans should rise. Wolves have enough young talent to compete but don't know if they want to.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/24/2017  2:19 PM
SwishAndDish13 wrote:No, but we can and should shut down KP. He's hurt again (shocker I know).

WTF does this mean! Are you taking a shot at KP for an ankle sprain and earlier playing thru an Achilles injury??? KP will heal and be back. I'm not sure what you're angle is but don't piss on KP for getting hurt with a common minor injury.

SwishAndDish13

2/24/2017  2:35 PM
nixluva wrote:
SwishAndDish13 wrote:No, but we can and should shut down KP. He's hurt again (shocker I know).

WTF does this mean! Are you taking a shot at KP for an ankle sprain and earlier playing thru an Achilles injury??? KP will heal and be back. I'm not sure what you're angle is but don't piss on KP for getting hurt with a common minor injury.

My angle is he always has a health setback and in general is poorly conditioned. At some point maybe we can look at him under a similar microscope to the one we use for every other player in a Knicks jersey. It's a fair challenge, especially in a ridiculous thread like this.

nixluva
USA
2/24/2017  2:47 PM
SwishAndDish13 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

My angle is he always has a health setback and in general is poorly conditioned. At some point maybe we can look at him under a similar microscope to the one we use for every other player in a Knicks jersey. It's a fair challenge, especially in a ridiculous thread like this.

The kid is 7-3 and he actually hustles. I bet his growth plates haven't even finished yet. It's not unreasonable for a kid that tall to have minor injuries. Not sure why you feel the need to pick at him for that.

KP missed some games and this will be a few more but it's hardly the worst case. He's not Embiid or Simmons!!! You need to think about that before killing the kid.

Daily Knicks
Feb 12, 2017

New York Knicks: Update On Kristaps Porzingis’ Ankle Injury
by Maxwell Ogden19 minutes ago
Follow @MaxwellOgden

The New York Knicks lost Kristaps Porzingis to a sprained right ankle against the Cleveland Cavaliers. Thankfully, he avoided structural damage.

The New York Knicks received potentially disastrous news on Thursday, Feb. 23. Mere hours after the Knicks failed to execute a move before the trade deadline, star power forward Kristaps Porzingis sprained his right ankle.

Porzingis was forced to leave the game against the Cleveland Cavaliers, but the good news is that the injury wasn’t as severe as it could have been.

Earlier this season, Porzingis battled an achilles injury that limited his range of motion and forced him to miss what added up to eight games. Thus, there was inevitable concern that the achilles injury may have been aggravated by the ankle sprain.

According to Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical, Porzingis will be out for several days, but avoided ligament damage in his ankle.

That’s reason to breathe a massive sigh of relief.

Porzingis has missed eight games this season, but has been generally healthy during his stellar second season. Thus far, he’s averaging 18.1 points, 7.1 rebounds, 1.3 assists, 2.0 blocks, and 1.9 3-point field goals made per game.

Porzingis is second on the Knicks in scoring and leads the team in both blocks and 3-point field goals made per game.

In just his second season in the NBA, Porzingis producing at a rate that puts him in rare territory.

Porzingis is one of two players who have recorded at least 800 points, 300 rebounds, 90 blocks, and 90 3-point field goals made in 2016-17. The only other player who has reached those numbers is 2014 MVP and five-time All-NBA First Team honoree Kevin Durant.

Missing Porzingis for any period of time will be tough for the 23-35 Knicks, but he should return to the court in the near future and continue producing at a borderline elite level.

http://dailyknicks.com/2017/02/24/new-york-knicks-update-kristaps-porzingis-ankle-injury/
SwishAndDish13

2/24/2017  2:58 PM
nixluva wrote:
SwishAndDish13 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

The kid is 7-3 and he actually hustles. I bet his growth plates haven't even finished yet. It's not unreasonable for a kid that tall to have minor injuries. Not sure why you feel the need to pick at him for that.

KP missed some games and this will be a few more but it's hardly the worst case. He's not Embiid or Simmons!!! You need to think about that before killing the kid.

Daily Knicks
Feb 12, 2017

Follow @MaxwellOgden

The New York Knicks lost Kristaps Porzingis to a sprained right ankle against the Cleveland Cavaliers. Thankfully, he avoided structural damage.

The New York Knicks received potentially disastrous news on Thursday, Feb. 23. Mere hours after the Knicks failed to execute a move before the trade deadline, star power forward Kristaps Porzingis sprained his right ankle.

Porzingis was forced to leave the game against the Cleveland Cavaliers, but the good news is that the injury wasn’t as severe as it could have been.

Earlier this season, Porzingis battled an achilles injury that limited his range of motion and forced him to miss what added up to eight games. Thus, there was inevitable concern that the achilles injury may have been aggravated by the ankle sprain.

According to Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical, Porzingis will be out for several days, but avoided ligament damage in his ankle.

Porzingis has missed eight games this season, but has been generally healthy during his stellar second season. Thus far, he’s averaging 18.1 points, 7.1 rebounds, 1.3 assists, 2.0 blocks, and 1.9 3-point field goals made per game.

Porzingis is second on the Knicks in scoring and leads the team in both blocks and 3-point field goals made per game.

In just his second season in the NBA, Porzingis producing at a rate that puts him in rare territory.

Porzingis is one of two players who have recorded at least 800 points, 300 rebounds, 90 blocks, and 90 3-point field goals made in 2016-17. The only other player who has reached those numbers is 2014 MVP and five-time All-NBA First Team honoree Kevin Durant.

Missing Porzingis for any period of time will be tough for the 23-35 Knicks, but he should return to the court in the near future and continue producing at a borderline elite level.

http://dailyknicks.com/2017/02/24/new-york-knicks-update-kristaps-porzingis-ankle-injury/

I did think. He has had various injuries. Not just the one above, for which I had seen the report prior to posting. I didn't consider your growth plates angle, but I will hope for the best here. I'm likely being a tad more realistic that some, but agree to disagree here.

nixluva
USA
2/24/2017  3:07 PM
SwishAndDish13 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
SwishAndDish13 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Daily Knicks
Feb 12, 2017

Follow @MaxwellOgden

I did think. He has had various injuries. Not just the one above, for which I had seen the report prior to posting. I didn't consider your growth plates angle, but I will hope for the best here. I'm likely being a tad more realistic that some, but agree to disagree here.

I think your take is Shyte! There are a ton of worse examples I can point to and KP is starting off with a body that most thought would take MANY years to be able to contribute. Well he's been way ahead of predictions and really doing well.

I more than disagree with your take I think it's garbage. How about some perspective taking into account how the kid moves at his height? That's gonna put some unreal stresses on such a young and long frame. IMO he's done better than expected. You should be ecstatic about having such a talented young player doing so well.

knickslions
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #138
2/24/2017  3:26 PM

knicks will be lucky to go 6-18 rest of the way even with him

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/24/2017  4:06 PM
What happened to the thread you started yesterday? You kept the boo Melo thread up.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
SwishAndDish13

2/24/2017  4:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2017  4:10 PM
nixluva wrote:
SwishAndDish13 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
SwishAndDish13 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Daily Knicks
Feb 12, 2017

Follow @MaxwellOgden

I think your take is Shyte! There are a ton of worse examples I can point to and KP is starting off with a body that most thought would take MANY years to be able to contribute. Well he's been way ahead of predictions and really doing well.

I more than disagree with your take I think it's garbage. How about some perspective taking into account how the kid moves at his height? That's gonna put some unreal stresses on such a young and long frame. IMO he's done better than expected. You should be ecstatic about having such a talented young player doing so well.

Breathe man! You're getting beyond carried away for what is a fair observation.

nixluva
USA
2/24/2017  7:22 PM
SwishAndDish13 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
SwishAndDish13 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
SwishAndDish13 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Daily Knicks
Feb 12, 2017

Follow @MaxwellOgden

It's an odd observation when the overwhelming evidence is that KP has been better than most picks and ahead of what was expected for him coming into the league. He was starting with a very weak body to begin with. I think he's a slow developer unlike a lot of guys that mature physically at a faster rate. ANYONE that jumps and moves like KP can turn his ankle. It's not a sign of anything you can really knock him for.
SwishAndDish13

2/25/2017  9:26 AM
nixluva wrote:
SwishAndDish13 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
SwishAndDish13 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
SwishAndDish13 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Daily Knicks
Feb 12, 2017

Follow @MaxwellOgden

It's an odd observation when the overwhelming evidence is that KP has been better than most picks and ahead of what was expected for him coming into the league. He was starting with a very weak body to begin with. I think he's a slow developer unlike a lot of guys that mature physically at a faster rate. ANYONE that jumps and moves like KP can turn his ankle. It's not a sign of anything you can really knock him for.

Barely relevant to the concern I raised. What a reach!! It was impressive, so I tip my cap to that. Thanks for the reply.

Do we have an excuse to shut down melo?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy