[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If Phil leaves.....and we cannot get a top notch GM to replace...I suggest...
Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

2/24/2017  8:25 PM
Pray to God, Phil doesn't leave, he has given me the only sliver of hope I have felt about the Knicks in the last 20 years. Yes he made mistakes too, but I like to hope, I don't know about you.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/24/2017  10:14 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:god no.. he's nothing but an MSG yes man. At least with Phil he brought in Gaines which has brought us KP/Willy. You need people who bring in good people. What tree is Houston plucking people from?

kp and willy ain't helping us win no games, there guilty of the same thing everyone on the team is. Some nights they look great, other nights they look like trash. I don't why we keep producing the most inconsistent players on the league

WTF??? Man you are F'n LOST!!! You really think it makes sense to bash 21 and 22 yr old sophomore and Rookie for not being perfectly consistent??? This is some BULL ISH you're spouting here. How about some time to F'n develop as NBA Players??? JESUS man try to show some degrees of perspective and understanding. This was a HORRIBLE post you made and you should re-examine your priorities if this is your gripe with the team.

By saying someone is inconsistant im BASHING them, where losing as a fckng team. against the cavs, the ball was moving like a pinball, and guys were missing shots, passes, turnover. This Offense looks Gross at times with or with out melo. Every young player in the league has talent and shows flashes, that don't mean they know how to win and play hard every single minute. I don't get that from near one person on this roster

KP can put up a 100 points a night and i could careless if were losing. I'm not singling out no one. This is a team fkng game, and i dont see anyone stepping up on a regular, and i haven't seen any player we have had since phil got here play with any consistancy.

Young talent means nothing if your losing Game after Game. WTF are the young kids learning, Losing doesn't build confidence or trust, it gets you frustrated and tired, evident from the tweets and comments KP himself has made.. Nobody likes losing...We have to change thre front offce, including mills and allan

coming from the guy who doesnt think you need to build through the draft to win. When GS was losing game after game with Curry and Klay was it for nothing? You really have no clue. Losing isnt a requirement but its also not a bad thing if you are aquiring high caliber talent as a result of it. So far the season they killed Phil for has yielded KP and Willy. Hopefully this season yield equal quality.

Great example. Fuckin Curry and Thompson? What no MJ and Pippen? Hold on, uploading endless examples of draft picks fans had a hard on for that proved to be just ok, bad, or gone in 3 years or less. Willy looks good at times but Clay or Steph?? What Phil pipe are you smokin?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

2/24/2017  10:18 PM
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:god no.. he's nothing but an MSG yes man. At least with Phil he brought in Gaines which has brought us KP/Willy. You need people who bring in good people. What tree is Houston plucking people from?

kp and willy ain't helping us win no games, there guilty of the same thing everyone on the team is. Some nights they look great, other nights they look like trash. I don't why we keep producing the most inconsistent players on the league

WTF??? Man you are F'n LOST!!! You really think it makes sense to bash 21 and 22 yr old sophomore and Rookie for not being perfectly consistent??? This is some BULL ISH you're spouting here. How about some time to F'n develop as NBA Players??? JESUS man try to show some degrees of perspective and understanding. This was a HORRIBLE post you made and you should re-examine your priorities if this is your gripe with the team.

Willy can easily be next years Kyle Oquinn. Remember how everyone thought KO was the answer. Or maybe Jerian Grant? KP can still be a better three point shooting version of Sean Bradley. Just ask Phil.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

2/24/2017  10:20 PM
If? Phil had no plans of staying with the Knicks. That is until Buss dumped his ass. Dolan will sign him to another 5 years. He will rebuild every year and blame his main player for lack of success.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/24/2017  10:51 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Willy can easily be next years Kyle Oquinn. Remember how everyone thought KO was the answer. Or maybe Jerian Grant? KP can still be a better three point shooting version of Sean Bradley. Just ask Phil.

You're not making any sense at all. KOQ is what we hoped he'd be but Willy has a higher ceiling which should make you happy. I'm not clear on what you're gripe is. KP and Willy are true bright spots for this team and Phil and his team are responsible for them being here. Let's hope they can be successful again in the coming Draft.

knicks1248
Member: #582
2/25/2017  1:40 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

By saying someone is inconsistant im BASHING them, where losing as a fckng team. against the cavs, the ball was moving like a pinball, and guys were missing shots, passes, turnover. This Offense looks Gross at times with or with out melo. Every young player in the league has talent and shows flashes, that don't mean they know how to win and play hard every single minute. I don't get that from near one person on this roster

KP can put up a 100 points a night and i could careless if were losing. I'm not singling out no one. This is a team fkng game, and i dont see anyone stepping up on a regular, and i haven't seen any player we have had since phil got here play with any consistancy.

Young talent means nothing if your losing Game after Game. WTF are the young kids learning, Losing doesn't build confidence or trust, it gets you frustrated and tired, evident from the tweets and comments KP himself has made.. Nobody likes losing...We have to change thre front offce, including mills and allan

coming from the guy who doesnt think you need to build through the draft to win. When GS was losing game after game with Curry and Klay was it for nothing? You really have no clue. Losing isnt a requirement but its also not a bad thing if you are aquiring high caliber talent as a result of it. So far the season they killed Phil for has yielded KP and Willy. Hopefully this season yield equal quality.

Great example. Fuckin Curry and Thompson? What no MJ and Pippen? Hold on, uploading endless examples of draft picks fans had a hard on for that proved to be just ok, bad, or gone in 3 years or less. Willy looks good at times but Clay or Steph?? What Phil pipe are you smokin?

Who are you kidding. Curry had ankle injuries his first 2 seasons. To the point he signed on for a measly 44 mill extension and was almost traded..we have the worst record on the league since Xmas for the second time in 3 season with a pretty solid roster.

Phil is a complete jack ass. I never liked him from the JVG days, and he has made the Knicks I to one of the worst teams in franchise history for the 2nd time in 3 yrs..I would rather have Trump running this team..at least he speaks

ES
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/25/2017  5:01 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Seriously, go look at the CBA because you're living in the past- YOU CANNOT REBUILD VIA FREE AGENCY ANY MORE, the only way to add talent is via DRAFT PICKS (use them or trade them). The higher the pick the greater the chance of getting better talent and the higher the value other teams place on them. How can you be oblivious to this basic fact?!?!? Look at the players Boston could have landed for the Nets pick- paul george, Butler, Griffin, look at the players they could draft with it- Fultz, Lonzo Ball, Josh jackson. Sure you can end up drafting someone who doesn't pan out but you have a higher chance of drafting a great payer with a high pick than you do with a low pick- its BASIC FACTS!

Under this (and last CBA):

1)You can't do sign and trades
2)even the most average of restricted free agents get offered max deals, AND their home team matches it
3)unrestricted Free agents can get a ridiculously highly higher amount be staying with their current team- tens of millions
4)Great players get extended BEFORE their rookie contract is up so they don't even make it to free agency

YOU CANNOT REBUILD VIA FREE AGENCY, the CBA was DESIGNED specifically to stop this because of the big three to Miami- you can add role players but you can't add stars unless a) they have a personal reason for wanting to go to a specific team that trumps money, b) you're on the cusp of winning, c) they are approaching 30 (becaiuse they get extended before their rookie contract is up, the first time they become available is after their second contract.

The draft is your only hope- you have to draft wisely, you can end up with a bust, but you have a higher chance of adding great talent AND on a low contract AND you can easily keep them under this CBA. How do you net get this?!?!?!

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/25/2017  9:04 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Who are you kidding. Curry had ankle injuries his first 2 seasons. To the point he signed on for a measly 44 mill extension and was almost traded..we have the worst record on the league since Xmas for the second time in 3 season with a pretty solid roster.

Phil is a complete jack ass. I never liked him from the JVG days, and he has made the Knicks I to one of the worst teams in franchise history for the 2nd time in 3 yrs..I would rather have Trump running this team..at least he speaks

Phil isn't a "jack ass"! Yes there has been failure. You also have to at least acknowledge that he's been trying to do 2 things at the same time and after this season we will be on only ONE PATH! Phil has made it possible to rebuild this team the right way. The process has already begun.

He goes into this draft with picks and already having Future Frontcourt players in place! Now he can focus on guards n wings. That is a very real and logical plan. In addition the team will again have cap space. This is actually a GOOD position for this franchise to be in.

HofstraBBall

2/25/2017  10:28 AM
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

You're not making any sense at all. KOQ is what we hoped he'd be but Willy has a higher ceiling which should make you happy. I'm not clear on what you're gripe is. KP and Willy are true bright spots for this team and Phil and his team are responsible for them being here. Let's hope they can be successful again in the coming Draft.

Sorry, but its been said many times that Gaines puahed KP and Willy. If not for Gaines and the fact we had the 4the pick, who knows who Phil liked. It was mentioned he thought highly of OK4. Part for the course at the time. Bit why is it that If someone speaks about KP or Willy with any kind of realistic prospective or minor criticism, you see it as not making sense. Point was it is YET to be seen how good they will be. That's all. I like Willy and KP. Have said many times Willy is a better 5 than KP and has good fundamentals. I just don't like the unrealistic expectations fans set for young players that have had a string of good games. These are usually the ones that dump on them when things don't pan out. I would like to see KP and Willy here for many years. But that does not mean they still have a long way to go.

HofstraBBall

2/25/2017  10:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/25/2017  10:37 AM
smackeddog wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Seriously, go look at the CBA because you're living in the past- YOU CANNOT REBUILD VIA FREE AGENCY ANY MORE, the only way to add talent is via DRAFT PICKS (use them or trade them). The higher the pick the greater the chance of getting better talent and the higher the value other teams place on them. How can you be oblivious to this basic fact?!?!? Look at the players Boston could have landed for the Nets pick- paul george, Butler, Griffin, look at the players they could draft with it- Fultz, Lonzo Ball, Josh jackson. Sure you can end up drafting someone who doesn't pan out but you have a higher chance of drafting a great payer with a high pick than you do with a low pick- its BASIC FACTS!

2)even the most average of restricted free agents get offered max deals, AND their home team matches it
3)unrestricted Free agents can get a ridiculously highly higher amount be staying with their current team- tens of millions
4)Great players get extended BEFORE their rookie contract is up so they don't even make it to free agency

YOU CANNOT REBUILD VIA FREE AGENCY, the CBA was DESIGNED specifically to stop this because of the big three to Miami- you can add role players but you can't add stars unless a) they have a personal reason for wanting to go to a specific team that trumps money, b) you're on the cusp of winning, c) they are approaching 30 (becaiuse they get extended before their rookie contract is up, the first time they become available is after their second contract.

The draft is your only hope- you have to draft wisely, you can end up with a bust, but you have a higher chance of adding great talent AND on a low contract AND you can easily keep them under this CBA. How do you net get this?!?!?!

Please give me examples of teams that won a chip JUST through draft picks? Answer has always been a combination of young NBA standouts, experienced vets, and yes, getting lucky with your draft picks. That was and has been my main point. Phil will never attract any young experienced NBA players, Noah and Rose were bad fits to that model. Hopefully we get a good PG in draft that pans out.

smackeddog
Member: #883
2/25/2017  1:06 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Please give me examples of teams that won a chip JUST through draft picks? Answer has always been a combination of young NBA standouts, experienced vets, and yes, getting lucky with your draft picks. That was and has been my main point. Phil will never attract any young experienced NBA players, Noah and Rose were bad fits to that model. Hopefully we get a good PG in draft that pans out.

Why are you looking back past the current CBA?! It's irrelevant- look at whats happened with contenders in the past couple of years once the last CAB took hold, and project whats going to happen under this new CBA which kills free agency even further. The rules of the game have changed- wake up man!

Look at the numbers- home teams now have an even larger advantage to retain their players:

For next season, players with up to six years of experience can earn salaries projecting to start at $25.5 million. Those between seven and nine are at $30.6 million, while veterans of 10 or more seasons can sign for $35.7 million in the first year.

Teams may have to choose between going under the cap or staying over, with the Mid-Level Exception climbing to $8.4 million and the Bi-Annual Exception to $3.3 million.

A team that can get to $11.7 million in cap space would have the same spending power if they stay over the cap and use their exceptions. The most they’d be able to pay a single player would be $8.4 million in the first year, but they may have more flexibility above the cap.

Players who qualify as designated veterans, while entering their eighth or ninth seasons, can re-sign with their existing teams to the highest max tier ($35.7 million), provided they reach certain qualifications (MVP, Defensive Player of the Year, All-NBA Team etc.).

Empty roster charges for every open spot under 13 will be the rookie minimum salary of $815,615.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/2017-18-nba-cap-projections-at-2016-17-trade-deadline/

The new CBA has been design to keep free agents with their current team, so they don't leave small market teams for big ones.

If Phil leaves.....and we cannot get a top notch GM to replace...I suggest...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy