[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo is frustrated 🤔
Author Thread
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
2/24/2017  3:04 PM
Let's take a quick step back here.

So the GM publically disrespects him. Tweets about him being selfish and devalues his player at every turn. He's lost every trade he's made miserably.

10-11 - 26.3pts 6.7rbs 3.0 ass 46%
11-12 - 22.6pts 6.3rbs 3.6ass 43%
12-13 - 28.7pts 6.9rbs 2.6ass 45%
13-14 - 27.4pts 8.1rbs 3.1ass 45%
14-15 - 24.2pts 6.6pts 3.1ass 44%
15-16 - 21.8pts 7.7rbs 4.2ass 43%
16-17 - 23.3pts 6.0rbs 3.0ass 44%

He's played well here. Has he won. No. But, who has in the last 15 years. Jim Dolan is nightmare and free agents don't want to play here. Too much pressure, to many taxes, to many inept coaches and the worst management in the NBA.

The GM gave the worst contract out of the entire offseason and we lost a max slot because of it. It's ok for him to question the organization after they just dragged him through the mud.

AUTOADVERT
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

2/24/2017  3:05 PM
The right deal wasn't available before the trade deadline. That's ok. We will get another shot in the pre-draft trading to land more picks. I would MUCH rather Phil max our returns for Melo, but it's important to ALSO max our draft position by losing. That needs to be part of "the plan". So far so good - 1 game, 1 loss. Let's see if we can build on that. 76ers games and Orlando will be tough to lose, so hopefully KP is out those games. Raptors should be an easy loss.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/24/2017  3:12 PM
Moonangie wrote:The right deal wasn't available before the trade deadline. That's ok. We will get another shot in the pre-draft trading to land more picks. I would MUCH rather Phil max our returns for Melo, but it's important to ALSO max our draft position by losing. That needs to be part of "the plan". So far so good - 1 game, 1 loss. Let's see if we can build on that. 76ers games and Orlando will be tough to lose, so hopefully KP is out those games. Raptors should be an easy loss.
agreed. Its probably best waiting for the summer
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/24/2017  3:20 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:There are more Melo quotes from the article that Bleacher Report links to here.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18754646/carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-understand-team-direction-inactivity-trade-deadline
I can't find the interview. I am not sure how he is supposed to respond to the questions he was asked. Melo and Jeff are the guys that have to face the media.
In regards to it being KP's team or building around KP, that makes a lot of sense. But keeping Rose certainly wasn't a build around KP move. Neither was bringing in Rose, Jennings, Lee, and Noah. I am not sure what the plan is. It has been 5 months and two days since Phil talked to the media. Melo doesn't know the plan. Jeff either doesn't know it or won't share it. No one else talks to the press.

Bro stop saying you don't know what the plan is. Rose is on a one year deal. That's the only reason why we took the chance. Low risk high reward....he didn't work out and now we have cap space aka he's gone. We are not resigning him. That's the plan. Noah is a guy Phil admires and wanted him in the organization. That's it. Of course he was expecting Noah to contribute more on the court but he's still a guy Phil wants herespect to help Kristaps and the future Knicks. Jennings is a expiring. Lee is a movable piece.... what is so hard to understand. Phil still left him space to build on winning or build around KP.... turns out we're just going to build around KP. Get with the program. Stop feeding into that bull**** espn spits out.

The article you posted links to espn for the quotes.

I posted the link smart ass. That was for you to lick the screen while you read it.

Espn wants the sound bites and quotes that make everyone go crazy. That bitch from the Daily news too.... even Newsday that's owned by Dolan is getting in on the Drama now.

The reality is that Melo is a loser and needs to go. Read that quote. We are building through the draft. Get the **** off my team

I am going to enjoy Melo on the team for the next couple of years. As it flips the switch on forum roids.

How is he supposed to respond? I'm glad we are staying in the path that's gotten us so few wins? Glad we stayed still and didn't disrupt the great chemistry we have built? Im glad I still have my 17M center on the bench cuz he gives great high fives? Rose is definately starting to see the floor well and Baker to MVP form?

Thisteam is a piece of ****. Its all on the guy that ripped it apart and put it together 3 times in 3 years. Simple as that. My ****ing landscaper would have done a better job if he left everything alone 3 years ago. I know you want to put your panties in a wad and blame one player but it takes a lot of Fuck ups to be this bad. You make it sound like we would be killing it if not for Melo. Fact is the moves made so far all suck. Don't make me list them yet again.

Here is my bet, you name the amount, Willy will be a back up for a few years and return to Spain. KP will always have trouble playing a specific position. Rose will be a back up next year. Jennings will be on a new team every year. Noah is waived within three years(not by us ofcourse) Kuz will be back in some Euro league, Lee will continue to be extremely inconsistent, Holiday will get fewer minutes for no reason, no good young free agent, with any brauns, will come here, every other misfit on this team will ride the bench on some team before leaving the NBA. That's the direction Phil has us in. But your right....it's Melo's fault. This TEAM is a joke. And the old man that put it together with the HUGE ego should get the Fuck off my team!!

And then what build around Melo? That whole rant was for nothing. Phil broke the team down and got us Kristaps... he tried to help Melo by getting legit talent around him. Melo ****ing sucks... but let's blame Phil cuz he put the players here? So Phil is supposed to completely gut and get a top pick one year and then get a championship caliber tan the next....

Get the **** out of my thread!!!!!!

Oh okay, yeah ill get out.. ummmm Fuck NO! Give you a clue. You make a thread and say things I don't agree with then I post a counter argument. Thats what a forum. Umkay? Melo is not innocent. Can play better team ball. Not my lint, if you read it the way it was written. Point is you blame our beat player and not the guy that was brought in to put a TEAM together. Was Melo in charge of trades? Is he getting paid to put team together? And No, Gaines picked KP not Phil. And like I said, KP will always be out of position defensively and will have issues being main target of defenses. FACT! But you can dream. And yes, I expect a guy that broke up a 54 win team to get us more than how many wins in 3 years? Keep throwing your **** fit. It's not going to change the fact the team sucks and is not heading in a good direction. NO ONE wants to come here. Oh yeah but we get a 7 to 15 pick. Big Fucking deal! Go ask Denver how they did with all our must have picks. Would expect more from people that know how well the Knicks have picked in 17 years. GTFOH

So what's the answer? Bring Isiah back and lay him trade every draft pick allowed un till 2030. Bring in all the starphuch Caa Caa poo poos we can so Melo can take 25 shots and not play defense and all lose every year and go to the lottery for another team to pick a winner chicken dinner!!!!

Gtfoh! Get the **** outta my bandwidth!!!!

Yep, that's exactly what I said, bring back IT?? And btw, bringing in an old coach because he won rings with best players of all time but had zero GM experience, is the ULTIMATE Starphuck??? Come on...think brah.

And No once again. If you can't take the banter then feel free to leave your own thread.

Most teams win when they have strength at the top and those top players lead the team to wins. You can't absolve Melo and Rose from their responsibility to lead the way. That's simply how it works. The role players aren't supposed to lead. Melo has been the best player and default leader. Even if only by example. If he gives Max Effort on D and passes the ball others will follow!!!

In any event this team is inevitably headed towards a youth movement and so all the Phil bashing won't matter much in the long term.

Never absolved Melo. Said it several times, he doesn't set up his team mates enough. Takes it upon himself to single handedly score. And can play better defense. As for Rose, don't blame a guy that has a type of game that does not fit a sheme or is in decline, I blame the guy who thought he could change and signed him. Btw, isn't KP our #2 guy? How has he played?

Agree on young movement direction. So will bashing Melo change that?

Will bashing Phil do something? Anyway, who's bashing Melo. It's a fact that he's a loser. It's a fact he doesn't pass. It's a fact he won't play defense.... Phil is wrong for trusting in him. He was right for leaving it open to rebuild with or without Melo.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

2/24/2017  3:22 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Moonangie wrote:The right deal wasn't available before the trade deadline. That's ok. We will get another shot in the pre-draft trading to land more picks. I would MUCH rather Phil max our returns for Melo, but it's important to ALSO max our draft position by losing. That needs to be part of "the plan". So far so good - 1 game, 1 loss. Let's see if we can build on that. 76ers games and Orlando will be tough to lose, so hopefully KP is out those games. Raptors should be an easy loss.

Absolutely. Also we know Phil isn't trading picks. So we'll get penny's on the dollar but change is gonna come best believe

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

2/24/2017  3:42 PM
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Absolutely. Also we know Phil isn't trading picks. So we'll get penny's on the dollar but change is gonna come best believe

I wouldn't assume anything about Melo's trade value. With enough time between now and draft day, Phil has a chance to leverage knowledge in advancing Melo's case to join a contender. For example, if CLE doesn't make the finals - there will be serious motivation to add Melo. If Clippers bounce early from playoffs - ditto. Same for Boston. NONE of these teams added a major piece, so they will all be rolling into the playoffs as currently constructed. Depending on how it goes, somebody gonna want Melo to improve their chances next year.

Despite what haters like Hof say about Phil, he is NOT a fool. I think he is playing this well so far. Now if we start winning, that WOULD be bad. So hopefully we find a way to have key scorers go down at various points of the remaining season.

Where's Tyson to spread the flu around when ya need him

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/24/2017  3:48 PM
EnySpree wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:There are more Melo quotes from the article that Bleacher Report links to here.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18754646/carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-understand-team-direction-inactivity-trade-deadline
I can't find the interview. I am not sure how he is supposed to respond to the questions he was asked. Melo and Jeff are the guys that have to face the media.
In regards to it being KP's team or building around KP, that makes a lot of sense. But keeping Rose certainly wasn't a build around KP move. Neither was bringing in Rose, Jennings, Lee, and Noah. I am not sure what the plan is. It has been 5 months and two days since Phil talked to the media. Melo doesn't know the plan. Jeff either doesn't know it or won't share it. No one else talks to the press.

Bro stop saying you don't know what the plan is. Rose is on a one year deal. That's the only reason why we took the chance. Low risk high reward....he didn't work out and now we have cap space aka he's gone. We are not resigning him. That's the plan. Noah is a guy Phil admires and wanted him in the organization. That's it. Of course he was expecting Noah to contribute more on the court but he's still a guy Phil wants herespect to help Kristaps and the future Knicks. Jennings is a expiring. Lee is a movable piece.... what is so hard to understand. Phil still left him space to build on winning or build around KP.... turns out we're just going to build around KP. Get with the program. Stop feeding into that bull**** espn spits out.

I posted the link smart ass. That was for you to lick the screen while you read it.

Espn wants the sound bites and quotes that make everyone go crazy. That bitch from the Daily news too.... even Newsday that's owned by Dolan is getting in on the Drama now.

The reality is that Melo is a loser and needs to go. Read that quote. We are building through the draft. Get the **** off my team

I am going to enjoy Melo on the team for the next couple of years. As it flips the switch on forum roids.

How is he supposed to respond? I'm glad we are staying in the path that's gotten us so few wins? Glad we stayed still and didn't disrupt the great chemistry we have built? Im glad I still have my 17M center on the bench cuz he gives great high fives? Rose is definately starting to see the floor well and Baker to MVP form?

Thisteam is a piece of ****. Its all on the guy that ripped it apart and put it together 3 times in 3 years. Simple as that. My ****ing landscaper would have done a better job if he left everything alone 3 years ago. I know you want to put your panties in a wad and blame one player but it takes a lot of Fuck ups to be this bad. You make it sound like we would be killing it if not for Melo. Fact is the moves made so far all suck. Don't make me list them yet again.

Here is my bet, you name the amount, Willy will be a back up for a few years and return to Spain. KP will always have trouble playing a specific position. Rose will be a back up next year. Jennings will be on a new team every year. Noah is waived within three years(not by us ofcourse) Kuz will be back in some Euro league, Lee will continue to be extremely inconsistent, Holiday will get fewer minutes for no reason, no good young free agent, with any brauns, will come here, every other misfit on this team will ride the bench on some team before leaving the NBA. That's the direction Phil has us in. But your right....it's Melo's fault. This TEAM is a joke. And the old man that put it together with the HUGE ego should get the Fuck off my team!!

And then what build around Melo? That whole rant was for nothing. Phil broke the team down and got us Kristaps... he tried to help Melo by getting legit talent around him. Melo ****ing sucks... but let's blame Phil cuz he put the players here? So Phil is supposed to completely gut and get a top pick one year and then get a championship caliber tan the next....

Oh okay, yeah ill get out.. ummmm Fuck NO! Give you a clue. You make a thread and say things I don't agree with then I post a counter argument. Thats what a forum. Umkay? Melo is not innocent. Can play better team ball. Not my lint, if you read it the way it was written. Point is you blame our beat player and not the guy that was brought in to put a TEAM together. Was Melo in charge of trades? Is he getting paid to put team together? And No, Gaines picked KP not Phil. And like I said, KP will always be out of position defensively and will have issues being main target of defenses. FACT! But you can dream. And yes, I expect a guy that broke up a 54 win team to get us more than how many wins in 3 years? Keep throwing your **** fit. It's not going to change the fact the team sucks and is not heading in a good direction. NO ONE wants to come here. Oh yeah but we get a 7 to 15 pick. Big Fucking deal! Go ask Denver how they did with all our must have picks. Would expect more from people that know how well the Knicks have picked in 17 years. GTFOH

So what's the answer? Bring Isiah back and lay him trade every draft pick allowed un till 2030. Bring in all the starphuch Caa Caa poo poos we can so Melo can take 25 shots and not play defense and all lose every year and go to the lottery for another team to pick a winner chicken dinner!!!!

Yep, that's exactly what I said, bring back IT?? And btw, bringing in an old coach because he won rings with best players of all time but had zero GM experience, is the ULTIMATE Starphuck??? Come on...think brah.

And No once again. If you can't take the banter then feel free to leave your own thread.

Most teams win when they have strength at the top and those top players lead the team to wins. You can't absolve Melo and Rose from their responsibility to lead the way. That's simply how it works. The role players aren't supposed to lead. Melo has been the best player and default leader. Even if only by example. If he gives Max Effort on D and passes the ball others will follow!!!

In any event this team is inevitably headed towards a youth movement and so all the Phil bashing won't matter much in the long term.

Never absolved Melo. Said it several times, he doesn't set up his team mates enough. Takes it upon himself to single handedly score. And can play better defense. As for Rose, don't blame a guy that has a type of game that does not fit a sheme or is in decline, I blame the guy who thought he could change and signed him. Btw, isn't KP our #2 guy? How has he played?

Will bashing Phil do something? Anyway, who's bashing Melo. It's a fact that he's a loser. It's a fact he doesn't pass. It's a fact he won't play defense.... Phil is wrong for trusting in him. He was right for leaving it open to rebuild with or without Melo.

Bashing Phil won't do anything. It's just more appropriate, intelligent and deserving than blaming ONE player. And when a team sucks every unrealostic fan thinks they can replace ONE player and it all be better. Some fans throw a **** fit because they can't wear their XXXL fake jersey proudly. Your facts are way off. But you already know that. He wins 54 games (Fact)if you give him some type of cast and get out of his way. That means no Fucking triangle. He passes well if you give him guys that don't scatter to 3pt line.(Lead team in areas Istanbul last year..fact). His defense is best at 4 position. (Fact) . You still haven't said anything except child like angry venting. (Fact)

Thing your missing is that we are both in agreement that this team is a pile of ****. Difference we have, is that my list as to the cause of it is much longer than yours. Also that Phil has a special star next to his name and sits in first place.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/24/2017  3:55 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Uptown wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Wanting Melo gone doesn't mean we have to defend phil and his questionable moves. He flucked up by not signing and trading Melo when he had the chance. Then he compounds the problem by adding a NTC in the mix. Asinine!

Signing Melo meant we want to win now! Signing Rose was a swing for the fences trying to win now! So was adding Noah and his albatross contract. Lee was supposed to be the final piece to a team that I'm sure he thought would be top 5 in the east. You dont add Rose, Noah, and Lee and expect to be one of the bottom teams in the east. And thats just this seasons plan....He had a dif plan last yr and the yr before...

Who is defending his questionable moves? He hasn't made a move? You wanna talk about stiff that happens 2 years ago, 400 days ago 200 days ago?

We're talking about eight now!!!! Melo is a loser. Rose is coming off the books. A lotto pick is coming. Yet people want to talk about what Phil did last summer. Right now Melo needs to go. Fuck ask this meticulous miracle work you want Phil to do. Melo is going to be 33. Nothing can be done in an off season that's going to make Melo a winner unless we trade him to a winner.

Then Phil needs to somehow fix the mistakes he made. NTC, trade kicker, huge salary for an older player. It is almost impossible to move Melo because of Phil. So if you talk about moving Melo you have to talk about all of the mistakes Phil made when he negotiated that contract. And to compound things, Phil is criticizing his game publicly making his value lower and his resolve to stay and outlast Phil stronger.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
2/24/2017  3:59 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Wanting Melo gone doesn't mean we have to defend phil and his questionable moves. He flucked up by not signing and trading Melo when he had the chance. Then he compounds the problem by adding a NTC in the mix. Asinine!

Signing Melo meant we want to win now! Signing Rose was a swing for the fences trying to win now! So was adding Noah and his albatross contract. Lee was supposed to be the final piece to a team that I'm sure he thought would be top 5 in the east. You dont add Rose, Noah, and Lee and expect to be one of the bottom teams in the east. And thats just this seasons plan....He had a dif plan last yr and the yr before...

There was no point where Phil could have signed and traded Melo. It was either resign Melo with a no trade clause or lose him to the Bulls as a FA and get nothing in return. There would be no incentive for Bulls to offer anything for Melo if they could possibly land him as a FA due to Phil and Melo not agreeing to terms and Melo being very selective about what team he would play for.

We have all our draft picks going forward(1 first rounder and 2 2nd rounders this draft) and some solid young players to move on with. Phil tried to win this season it didn't work out. Now we fall back on our draft picks and the expiring(s) of Rose and Jennings. Its not like we have no picks and are in salary cap hell.

I don't know what went on in negotiations for Melo to resign. We do know that he took a little less. Could taking less have been a compromise for the ntc and trade kicker? Maybe. The Bulls were offering 89 mil. Melo got 120 mil from the Knicks. I don't think he walks away from 30 mil over a ntc.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/24/2017  4:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2017  4:01 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Uptown wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Who is defending his questionable moves? He hasn't made a move? You wanna talk about stiff that happens 2 years ago, 400 days ago 200 days ago?

We're talking about eight now!!!! Melo is a loser. Rose is coming off the books. A lotto pick is coming. Yet people want to talk about what Phil did last summer. Right now Melo needs to go. Fuck ask this meticulous miracle work you want Phil to do. Melo is going to be 33. Nothing can be done in an off season that's going to make Melo a winner unless we trade him to a winner.

Then Phil needs to somehow fix the mistakes he made. NTC, trade kicker, huge salary for an older player. It is almost impossible to move Melo because of Phil. So if you talk about moving Melo you have to talk about all of the mistakes Phil made when he negotiated that contract. And to compound things, Phil is criticizing his game publicly making his value lower and his resolve to stay and outlast Phil stronger.
i may be wrong but i think the NTC was Dolans call. It doesnt seem like phil would have ever offered that unless forced to. We know Dolan called the shots in the original melo trade. I agree phil has made plenty of mistakes but im not convinced the NTC was his call
CrushAlot
USA
2/24/2017  4:04 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Uptown wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

i may be wrong but i think the NTC was Dolans call. It doesnt seem like phil would have ever offered that unless forced to. We know Dolan called the shots in the original melo trade. I agree phil has made plenty of mistakes but im not convinced the NTC was his call
Dolan has said all along that Phil has autonomy. Phil has made a lot of mistakes as pres. He gets paid by Dolan but he is in charge of basketball decisions. Phil was saying things in the paper like were good if Melo resigns and were good if he leaves etc. Its on Phil. He wanted money to work with to sign guys (not Aldridge though)in the summer of 15.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/24/2017  4:05 PM
MS wrote:Let's take a quick step back here.

So the GM publically disrespects him. Tweets about him being selfish and devalues his player at every turn. He's lost every trade he's made miserably.

He's played well here. Has he won. No. But, who has in the last 15 years. Jim Dolan is nightmare and free agents don't want to play here. Too much pressure, to many taxes, to many inept coaches and the worst management in the NBA.

The GM gave the worst contract out of the entire offseason and we lost a max slot because of it. It's ok for him to question the organization after they just dragged him through the mud.

Stop Making Sense!!!

Chandler
Member: #6197

2/24/2017  4:09 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Chandler wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I know I'm straight up lying to myself here, but what if Phil actually has a plan and this is part of Phil's scheme to get Melo to waive his NTC in the summer?

I know, I know... if Phil had a plan he wouldn't have given Melo a NTC to begin with... but I need to manufacture hope goddamnit

Isn't the answer to the NTC and the kicker that Phil gave him that because Melo took less than max. Phil gave him multiple offers including a less than max deal, with the idea that by accepting less than max the Knicks could get more talent

I thought that was smart, and I thought Melo deserves credit for taking less than max since there was a true max on that same table. The NTC and the kicker were there so that it was clear Melo was giving the Knicks a break, but not some other team that he was traded to

I think he gave us a $1mil discount, though we were still offering him more than any team could offer. And he gets an extra $10mil if traded. How generous of him.

is that right? my memory was it was 5 million. In any event, he should be commended for taking less.

having said that, I do think it's time for him to move on. I think Phil is icing him on team goals (this is intentional message that Phil doesn't want Melo's input, because heis not building around Melo anymore) We realistically can't build around Melo any better than we have already attempted (a couple of times) without mortgaging our future. And we don't want to do that

I do think Phil get's unfairly blasted. He is calling the situation straight. I think the truth hurts but it's the best policy

(5)(5)
CrushAlot
USA
2/24/2017  4:11 PM
Chandler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Chandler wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I know I'm straight up lying to myself here, but what if Phil actually has a plan and this is part of Phil's scheme to get Melo to waive his NTC in the summer?

I know, I know... if Phil had a plan he wouldn't have given Melo a NTC to begin with... but I need to manufacture hope goddamnit

Isn't the answer to the NTC and the kicker that Phil gave him that because Melo took less than max. Phil gave him multiple offers including a less than max deal, with the idea that by accepting less than max the Knicks could get more talent

I thought that was smart, and I thought Melo deserves credit for taking less than max since there was a true max on that same table. The NTC and the kicker were there so that it was clear Melo was giving the Knicks a break, but not some other team that he was traded to

I think he gave us a $1mil discount, though we were still offering him more than any team could offer. And he gets an extra $10mil if traded. How generous of him.

is that right? my memory was it was 5 million. In any event, he should be commended for taking less.

having said that, I do think it's time for him to move on. I think Phil is icing him on team goals (this is intentional message that Phil doesn't want Melo's input, because heis not building around Melo anymore) We realistically can't build around Melo any better than we have already attempted (a couple of times) without mortgaging our future. And we don't want to do that

I do think Phil get's unfairly blasted. He is calling the situation straight. I think the truth hurts but it's the best policy

I remember it as 5 mil as well.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/24/2017  4:16 PM
Uptown wrote:
MS wrote:Let's take a quick step back here.

Stop Making Sense!!!

Melo also has the highest usage% in the league for a non guard every year. Go look... he's always in the top 10 in the league and top 2 or 3 for non guards. He literally has held the ball longer than anyone in the NBA over that time. So one can show his pts/rebs/assists and say he's been productive, but he hasnt. We have run the ball through him over and over and the record stinks. Biggest failure was the Bargs deal. Knicks have done a very poor job putting players around Melo. We got the one good year. He quit on MDA. I let it go after watching what he did with Woodson but Im pretty sure he quit on Phil also.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
2/24/2017  4:28 PM
The way I see it is that Phil already tested the Market for Melo and it's going to be much better once some of the teams come up empty in the playoffs. Rose has very little value and Phil figured it out. He might let him walk which would be the best thing to do. Opens up 25 Mill on the cap.
Chandler

2/24/2017  5:07 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:

and with a little luck the Cavs and Clippers don't win, making those teams feel more desperate for an upgrade on the dwindling window of CP3 and even Lebron (Keep in mind GS is so young and getting better every year they gel together)

(5)(5)
Chandler

2/24/2017  5:15 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

There was no point where Phil could have signed and traded Melo. It was either resign Melo with a no trade clause or lose him to the Bulls as a FA and get nothing in return. There would be no incentive for Bulls to offer anything for Melo if they could possibly land him as a FA due to Phil and Melo not agreeing to terms and Melo being very selective about what team he would play for.

We have all our draft picks going forward(1 first rounder and 2 2nd rounders this draft) and some solid young players to move on with. Phil tried to win this season it didn't work out. Now we fall back on our draft picks and the expiring(s) of Rose and Jennings. Its not like we have no picks and are in salary cap hell.

I don't know what went on in negotiations for Melo to resign. We do know that he took a little less. Could taking less have been a compromise for the ntc and trade kicker? Maybe. The Bulls were offering 89 mil. Melo got 120 mil from the Knicks. I don't think he walks away from 30 mil over a ntc.

this raises a very interesting question. For those criticizing Phil, does that criticism extend to Phil giving such a generous offer? Would he have been better to play hardball with Melo way back when; if t was an 89 mill contract, I think Melo would have been traded Thurs

Personally I don't criticize Phil for that offer. I think he saw Melo as a potential centerpiece to combat Lebron (GS was still a 50 win team at that time). I think he saw a lighter version of MJ, Kobe or others but a real opportunity

(5)(5)
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/24/2017  5:34 PM
Chandler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Uptown wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

this raises a very interesting question. For those criticizing Phil, does that criticism extend to Phil giving such a generous offer? Would he have been better to play hardball with Melo way back when; if t was an 89 mill contract, I think Melo would have been traded Thurs

Personally I don't criticize Phil for that offer. I think he saw Melo as a potential centerpiece to combat Lebron (GS was still a 50 win team at that time). I think he saw a lighter version of MJ, Kobe or others but a real opportunity

Yes he gets blame for the offer and the contract. He also gets blame for not doing a S&T with chicago when they had Boozer's contract.

He also gets blame for the team he built around Melo when he knew his flaws. Where are the defensive wings he brought in and I am not talking about old players who had a media rep for being a defensive player, I mean actual legit defensive talent? Calderon, Larkin, Early, Grant, D.williams, Kuz, AA, Lee, Rose, and Jennings all kind of suck when it comes to defense for a variety of reasons. Even Noah sucks because he was loosing he agility and ability. He was the heart and soul of a team and they let him walk. why did that not raise red flags? These teams have access to all kind of data and this is what Phil comes up with?

Phil has not shown he knows how to make good trades or select talent in FAs but yet fans still trust him. He hasn't even shown the ability to work full time.

EnySpree

2/24/2017  5:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2017  5:59 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Bashing Phil won't do anything. It's just more appropriate, intelligent and deserving than blaming ONE player. And when a team sucks every unrealostic fan thinks they can replace ONE player and it all be better. Some fans throw a **** fit because they can't wear their XXXL fake jersey proudly. Your facts are way off. But you already know that. He wins 54 games (Fact)if you give him some type of cast and get out of his way. That means no Fucking triangle. He passes well if you give him guys that don't scatter to 3pt line.(Lead team in areas Istanbul last year..fact). His defense is best at 4 position. (Fact) . You still haven't said anything except child like angry venting. (Fact)

Thing your missing is that we are both in agreement that this team is a pile of ****. Difference we have, is that my list as to the cause of it is much longer than yours. Also that Phil has a special star next to his name and sits in first place.

You are just arguing just to argue. Nobody is blaming one player. And is more intelligent to blame Phil? That sounds idiotic.

You keep talking about pampering Melo. So if Phil pampered the one player then we would be winning 54 games again? Yet just getting rid of that one player us stupid right? Again you are just arguing just to argue.

And why do you care how big my list is? I've never had any complaints about my list.it's not how big the list but how you do the listing. 🐝🐤

Phil has a star next to his name? What are you talking about? This is a Crack house not a methodon lab dude.

Melo is frustrated 🤔

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy