Melo is frustrated 🤔
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/24/2017  12:00 PM
smackeddog wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I know I'm straight up lying to myself here, but what if Phil actually has a plan and this is part of Phil's scheme to get Melo to waive his NTC in the summer?

I know, I know... if Phil had a plan he wouldn't have given Melo a NTC to begin with... but I need to manufacture hope goddamnit

Phil gave Melo that no trade clause in good faith. Melo took a pay cut because he could have did what Lebron did and take a 2 year deal so he could get the bigger max deal. Melo wants to stay in ny... so Phil gave him power and authority to dictate where he wanted to go when things went south... why isn't that the narrative? That's absolutely what happened and for Melo to sit here and claim he's frustrated? Dude you have to leave. It's over. Phil met him like a man and laid down the plan. Melo is the one that's not living up to his part. Sorry man you have to go.

I do wonder when Phil and Melo fell out and what exactly triggered it- was it because Phil didn't hire Thibs? The stopped speaking before this season started, just not sure why or when

Dude who cares?... Melo having a falling out with Phil? What the **** is that? Melo plays basketball. He needs to concentrate why he has 20pts on 8-25 shooting and why his team around him completely sucks and lacks chemistry in ****ing February. He's not supposed to even see Phil. Who cares if they blocked each other on Facebook or stopped leaving the kitchen light on for them at niget. Guys have jobs to do. Melo is a loser but we want to know when he fell out with Phil? I mean what the **** is that? I never heard Ewing mention management by name when he was here. He had other things to do like win basketball games. Fucking unbelievable. I'm so sick of this garbage.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree

2/24/2017  12:04 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:There are more Melo quotes from the article that Bleacher Report links to here.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18754646/carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-understand-team-direction-inactivity-trade-deadline
I can't find the interview. I am not sure how he is supposed to respond to the questions he was asked. Melo and Jeff are the guys that have to face the media.
In regards to it being KP's team or building around KP, that makes a lot of sense. But keeping Rose certainly wasn't a build around KP move. Neither was bringing in Rose, Jennings, Lee, and Noah. I am not sure what the plan is. It has been 5 months and two days since Phil talked to the media. Melo doesn't know the plan. Jeff either doesn't know it or won't share it. No one else talks to the press.

Bro stop saying you don't know what the plan is. Rose is on a one year deal. That's the only reason why we took the chance. Low risk high reward....he didn't work out and now we have cap space aka he's gone. We are not resigning him. That's the plan. Noah is a guy Phil admires and wanted him in the organization. That's it. Of course he was expecting Noah to contribute more on the court but he's still a guy Phil wants herespect to help Kristaps and the future Knicks. Jennings is a expiring. Lee is a movable piece.... what is so hard to understand. Phil still left him space to build on winning or build around KP.... turns out we're just going to build around KP. Get with the program. Stop feeding into that bull**** espn spits out.

The article you posted links to espn for the quotes.

I posted the link smart ass. That was for you to lick the screen while you read it.

Espn wants the sound bites and quotes that make everyone go crazy. That bitch from the Daily news too.... even Newsday that's owned by Dolan is getting in on the Drama now.

The reality is that Melo is a loser and needs to go. Read that quote. We are building through the draft. Get the **** off my team

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
2/24/2017  12:16 PM
CrushAlot wrote:There are more Melo quotes from the article that Bleacher Report links to here.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18754646/carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-understand-team-direction-inactivity-trade-deadline
I can't find the interview. I am not sure how he is supposed to respond to the questions he was asked. Melo and Jeff are the guys that have to face the media.
In regards to it being KP's team or building around KP, that makes a lot of sense. But keeping Rose certainly wasn't a build around KP move. Neither was bringing in Rose, Jennings, Lee, and Noah. I am not sure what the plan is. It has been 5 months and two days since Phil talked to the media. Melo doesn't know the plan. Jeff either doesn't know it or won't share it. No one else talks to the press.

The plan was to try giving it one more shot- surround Melo with the vets he wanted, plus KP would gain by playing winning basketball, BUT, unlike previous regimes, we still had flexibility if it didn't work out (Rose was expiring). It was a nice idea but it didn't work, so now we're back to the original plan of rebuilding by the draft. We couldn't do that before this season because we didn't have our picks for 2 of those years. It's not rocket science- why do people pretend like they can't fathom this out? We still end up with a high pick and cap space anyways, my main problem is that Rose and drama has stunted KPs development

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/24/2017  12:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2017  12:34 PM
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Bro stop saying you don't know what the plan is. Rose is on a one year deal. That's the only reason why we took the chance. Low risk high reward....he didn't work out and now we have cap space aka he's gone. We are not resigning him. That's the plan. Noah is a guy Phil admires and wanted him in the organization. That's it. Of course he was expecting Noah to contribute more on the court but he's still a guy Phil wants herespect to help Kristaps and the future Knicks. Jennings is a expiring. Lee is a movable piece.... what is so hard to understand. Phil still left him space to build on winning or build around KP.... turns out we're just going to build around KP. Get with the program. Stop feeding into that bull**** espn spits out.

I posted the link smart ass. That was for you to lick the screen while you read it.

Espn wants the sound bites and quotes that make everyone go crazy. That bitch from the Daily news too.... even Newsday that's owned by Dolan is getting in on the Drama now.

The reality is that Melo is a loser and needs to go. Read that quote. We are building through the draft. Get the **** off my team

I am going to enjoy Melo on the team for the next couple of years. As it flips the switch on forum roids.

How is he supposed to respond? I'm glad we are staying in the path that's gotten us so few wins? Glad we stayed still and didn't disrupt the great chemistry we have built? Im glad I still have my 17M center on the bench cuz he gives great high fives? Rose is definately starting to see the floor well and Baker to MVP form?

Thisteam is a piece of ****. Its all on the guy that ripped it apart and put it together 3 times in 3 years. Simple as that. My ****ing landscaper would have done a better job if he left everything alone 3 years ago. I know you want to put your panties in a wad and blame one player but it takes a lot of Fuck ups to be this bad. You make it sound like we would be killing it if not for Melo. Fact is the moves made so far all suck. Don't make me list them yet again.

Here is my bet, you name the amount, Willy will be a back up for a few years and return to Spain. KP will always have trouble playing a specific position. Rose will be a back up next year. Jennings will be on a new team every year. Noah is waived within three years(not by us ofcourse) Kuz will be back in some Euro league, Lee will continue to be extremely inconsistent, Holiday will get fewer minutes for no reason, no good young free agent, with any brauns, will come here, every other misfit on this team will ride the bench on some team before leaving the NBA. That's the direction Phil has us in. But your right....it's Melo's fault. This TEAM is a joke. And the old man that put it together with the HUGE ego should get the Fuck off my team!!

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/24/2017  12:31 PM
smackeddog wrote:

The plan was to try giving it one more shot- surround Melo with the vets he wanted, plus KP would gain by playing winning basketball, BUT, unlike previous regimes, we still had flexibility if it didn't work out (Rose was expiring). It was a nice idea but it didn't work, so now we're back to the original plan of rebuilding by the draft. We couldn't do that before this season because we didn't have our picks for 2 of those years. It's not rocket science- why do people pretend like they can't fathom this out? We still end up with a high pick and cap space anyways, my main problem is that Rose and drama has stunted KPs development

KP will bounce back just fine. Once Rose/Melo are gone the vets will be Lee/Noah/Lance and those are the guys you want. All team ball and defense. It doesnt matter if we stink. Feature KP and Willy. Get guys to push the ball and play defense and let this coach run the team without worrying about losing his lockerroom because Melo isnt happy.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/24/2017  12:32 PM
also, maybe Melo hasn't had his Honey Nut Cheerios in awhile
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/24/2017  12:33 PM
smackeddog wrote:

I agree especially with the last sentence. It makes sense. I think Rose should have been moved. I also am not a fan of KP starting to tweet about his frustrations. He really didn't do anything wrong or say anything that bad but that is what he is seeing the vets and the president do. Hopefully good things happen this offseason. Free agents aren't leaving their teams anyway. Building through the draft is the best bet. The Knicks have 5 rookies and a second year player already. At least 3-4 of those guys appear like they can be rotation players. Building some continuity would be nice. Maybe keeping Jennings and Holiday on reasonable deals.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
EnySpree

2/24/2017  12:39 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

I am going to enjoy Melo on the team for the next couple of years. As it flips the switch on forum roids.

How is he supposed to respond? I'm glad we are staying in the path that's gotten us so few wins? Glad we stayed still and didn't disrupt the great chemistry we have built? Im glad I still have my 17M center on the bench cuz he gives great high fives? Rose is definately starting to see the floor well and Baker to MVP form?

Thisteam is a piece of ****. Its all on the guy that ripped it apart and put it together 3 times in 3 years. Simple as that. My ****ing landscaper would have done a better job if he left everything alone 3 years ago. I know you want to put your panties in a wad and blame one player but it takes a lot of Fuck ups to be this bad. You make it sound like we would be killing it if not for Melo. Fact is the moves made so far all suck. Don't make me list them yet again.

Here is my bet, you name the amount, Willy will be a back up for a few years and return to Spain. KP will always have trouble playing a specific position. Rose will be a back up next year. Jennings will be on a new team every year. Noah is waived within three years(not by us ofcourse) Kuz will be back in some Euro league, Lee will continue to be extremely inconsistent, Holiday will get fewer minutes for no reason, no good young free agent, with any brauns, will come here, every other misfit on this team will ride the bench on some team before leaving the NBA. That's the direction Phil has us in. But your right....it's Melo's fault. This TEAM is a joke. And the old man that put it together with the HUGE ego should get the Fuck off my team!!

And then what build around Melo? That whole rant was for nothing. Phil broke the team down and got us Kristaps... he tried to help Melo by getting legit talent around him. Melo ****ing sucks... but let's blame Phil cuz he put the players here? So Phil is supposed to completely gut and get a top pick one year and then get a championship caliber tan the next....

Get the **** out of my thread!!!!!!

smackeddog
Member: #883
2/24/2017  12:53 PM
EnySpree wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

And then what build around Melo? That whole rant was for nothing. Phil broke the team down and got us Kristaps... he tried to help Melo by getting legit talent around him. Melo ****ing sucks... but let's blame Phil cuz he put the players here? So Phil is supposed to completely gut and get a top pick one year and then get a championship caliber tan the next....

Ha ha, EnySpree is on a post-trade deadline rampage!

Chandler
Member: #6197

2/24/2017  1:02 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:I know I'm straight up lying to myself here, but what if Phil actually has a plan and this is part of Phil's scheme to get Melo to waive his NTC in the summer?

I know, I know... if Phil had a plan he wouldn't have given Melo a NTC to begin with... but I need to manufacture hope goddamnit

Isn't the answer to the NTC and the kicker that Phil gave him that because Melo took less than max. Phil gave him multiple offers including a less than max deal, with the idea that by accepting less than max the Knicks could get more talent

I thought that was smart, and I thought Melo deserves credit for taking less than max since there was a true max on that same table. The NTC and the kicker were there so that it was clear Melo was giving the Knicks a break, but not some other team that he was traded to

(5)(5)
stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

2/24/2017  1:11 PM
I think we can agree that Melo cares deeply about his brand. His brand in NY, up to this point, has provided him and his wife great opportunities, but to cement his status as a great player - and therefore increase the value of his brand - he needs to go to a win-now club. I think he'll get this and we'll see a trade in the off season, though wonder if he's concerned about the Knicks becoming a viable team once he leaves and takes his ball-stopping play with him.
The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
HofstraBBall

2/24/2017  1:11 PM
EnySpree wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Oh okay, yeah ill get out.. ummmm Fuck NO! Give you a clue. You make a thread and say things I don't agree with then I post a counter argument. Thats what a forum. Umkay? Melo is not innocent. Can play better team ball. Not my lint, if you read it the way it was written. Point is you blame our beat player and not the guy that was brought in to put a TEAM together. Was Melo in charge of trades? Is he getting paid to put team together? And No, Gaines picked KP not Phil. And like I said, KP will always be out of position defensively and will have issues being main target of defenses. FACT! But you can dream. And yes, I expect a guy that broke up a 54 win team to get us more than how many wins in 3 years? Keep throwing your **** fit. It's not going to change the fact the team sucks and is not heading in a good direction. NO ONE wants to come here. Oh yeah but we get a 7 to 15 pick. Big Fucking deal! Go ask Denver how they did with all our must have picks. Would expect more from people that know how well the Knicks have picked in 17 years. GTFOH

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/24/2017  1:12 PM
EnySpree wrote:

Wanting Melo gone doesn't mean we have to defend phil and his questionable moves. He flucked up by not signing and trading Melo when he had the chance. Then he compounds the problem by adding a NTC in the mix. Asinine!

Signing Melo meant we want to win now! Signing Rose was a swing for the fences trying to win now! So was adding Noah and his albatross contract. Lee was supposed to be the final piece to a team that I'm sure he thought would be top 5 in the east. You dont add Rose, Noah, and Lee and expect to be one of the bottom teams in the east. And thats just this seasons plan....He had a dif plan last yr and the yr before...

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/24/2017  1:14 PM
EnySpree wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Phil gave Melo that no trade clause in good faith. Melo took a pay cut because he could have did what Lebron did and take a 2 year deal so he could get the bigger max deal. Melo wants to stay in ny... so Phil gave him power and authority to dictate where he wanted to go when things went south... why isn't that the narrative? That's absolutely what happened and for Melo to sit here and claim he's frustrated? Dude you have to leave. It's over. Phil met him like a man and laid down the plan. Melo is the one that's not living up to his part. Sorry man you have to go.

I do wonder when Phil and Melo fell out and what exactly triggered it- was it because Phil didn't hire Thibs? The stopped speaking before this season started, just not sure why or when

Dude who cares?... Melo having a falling out with Phil? What the **** is that? Melo plays basketball. He needs to concentrate why he has 20pts on 8-25 shooting and why his team around him completely sucks and lacks chemistry in ****ing February. He's not supposed to even see Phil. Who cares if they blocked each other on Facebook or stopped leaving the kitchen light on for them at niget. Guys have jobs to do. Melo is a loser but we want to know when he fell out with Phil? I mean what the **** is that? I never heard Ewing mention management by name when he was here. He had other things to do like win basketball games. Fucking unbelievable. I'm so sick of this garbage.

When did Checketts (sp) or Grunfeld ever call a player out like phil has?! Wanting Melo gone doesn't mean we have to side with phil...He has not done a good job at all....He's actually added to the circus that has existed since Layden and Isiah....

Chandler

2/24/2017  1:25 PM

Isn't the answer that they were trying what is sometimes called a "competitive rebuild". They would try and win now around Melo, get back to a winning culture, but not mortgage the future to do so. Phil had limited assets to do so. Clearly that part of the plan failed miserably though it was well intended.

What frustrates me is the criticism Phil receives. Yes, one can reasonably argue that competitive rebuilds are an oxymoron and doomed from the start. I get that but that's also a statement that we should have tried to force Melo out this Summer after his DadMelo campaign

But if we were going to attempt it I think he made a very laudable attempt. No one even thought Rose was available. It seemed like a good idea. And while he gave up fan-favorite Lopez, Phil also demonstrated an ability to find good bigs (Noah being the disappointment of course)

Something happened this year, not totally clear to me, where Phil and/or Melo had a clear falling-out. But Phi now seems totally convinced this competitive rebuild won't work. Melo not buying into the system vision deeply enough. The pieces he got didn't buy in enough or work well enough

Right now, he seems to think we need to do a ground up rebuild. Can't teach old dogs new tricks etc

(5)(5)
knicks1248
Member: #582
2/24/2017  1:29 PM
This losing sht is because of the system and defensive philosophy.. When you can flip your entire roster 3 straight season and get the exact same results..its so obvious. You guys can keep in blaming player after player as your scapegoat.

Who wouldn't be frustrated, no one has heard a peep from the man who built this. No answers on the dozens of questions that players, media and fans would like answers. This is getting worse than Isaiah.

Losing starts from the top and works its way down

ES
Chandler

2/24/2017  1:29 PM
smackeddog wrote:

agreed. well said

winning is difficult business. The Summer risks made sense to me given all the available options. We have to keep in mind that Melo came off of DadMelo campaign and trying to build on that made sense at the time

(5)(5)
HofstraBBall

2/24/2017  1:30 PM
Chandler wrote:

Isn't the answer to the NTC and the kicker that Phil gave him that because Melo took less than max. Phil gave him multiple offers including a less than max deal, with the idea that by accepting less than max the Knicks could get more talent

I thought that was smart, and I thought Melo deserves credit for taking less than max since there was a true max on that same table. The NTC and the kicker were there so that it was clear Melo was giving the Knicks a break, but not some other team that he was traded to

Good point. No one gets that. He wanted a NTC so he wouldn't have a senile old egomaniac run him out of town. It's the ultimate f*** you if management doesn't do what they promised. Which has been happening to players for years. I think Melo should be saying it more often. But the idiots on here want him to uproot his family and let Phil to run him out. Just so they can see if the wet dream they are having, for these unproven players, will come true. Cuz I am sure they would do the same for him.

EnySpree

2/24/2017  1:32 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Oh okay, yeah ill get out.. ummmm Fuck NO! Give you a clue. You make a thread and say things I don't agree with then I post a counter argument. Thats what a forum. Umkay? Melo is not innocent. Can play better team ball. Not my lint, if you read it the way it was written. Point is you blame our beat player and not the guy that was brought in to put a TEAM together. Was Melo in charge of trades? Is he getting paid to put team together? And No, Gaines picked KP not Phil. And like I said, KP will always be out of position defensively and will have issues being main target of defenses. FACT! But you can dream. And yes, I expect a guy that broke up a 54 win team to get us more than how many wins in 3 years? Keep throwing your **** fit. It's not going to change the fact the team sucks and is not heading in a good direction. NO ONE wants to come here. Oh yeah but we get a 7 to 15 pick. Big Fucking deal! Go ask Denver how they did with all our must have picks. Would expect more from people that know how well the Knicks have picked in 17 years. GTFOH

So what's the answer? Bring Isiah back and lay him trade every draft pick allowed un till 2030. Bring in all the starphuch Caa Caa poo poos we can so Melo can take 25 shots and not play defense and all lose every year and go to the lottery for another team to pick a winner chicken dinner!!!!

Gtfoh! Get the **** outta my bandwidth!!!!

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

2/24/2017  1:39 PM

We kind of have Melo over a barrel now --- he wanted to stay --- well welcome to NY Melo....good luck with the losing.

If I'm Phil I do Melo ZERO favors this summer -- he goes where I want him to go or he simply stays here and collects a pay-check.

Melo does NOTHING to help this team win (that much is apparent to anyone with a set of eyeballs).

When Clips/Cavs come calling with their awful trade offers --- I simply tell Melo sorry but NOT good enough -- we want you here to lead us

Melo is frustrated 🤔

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy