[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo is frustrated 🤔
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/24/2017  10:22 AM
Carmelo Anthony Comments on Knicks' Lack of Activity at Trade Deadline | Bleacher Report

http://teamstre.am/2mkGsH0

Anyway....

If he's so frustrated why don't he get the **** outta here? Lift your no trade clause and go!

Is he trying to get the media on his side to put pressure on Dolan to fire Phil? Melo had 13 years in the league and is about to be 33 years old.... you don't want to win. You want the Knicks to get the right players around you to win. That is a ****ing quadratic equation. Rocket science. He's only won in this league when he had alpha males around him. When it's just him left to lead the Knicks are a lottery team.

Let's be real here....I'm a big Melo fan but my respect for him off the court no longer will be the crutch that holds up the respect I have for him on the court. He is a loser.... straight like that. How dare he criticize what the Knicks are doing. It starts on the court. He has to lead the guys he has. He's 33 years old. You expect the Knicks to keep catering to you? Melo had 2 years left on this deal. So we're going to fire Phil and starphuch for 2 years while we have Kristaps to build around?

If it was on me right now? You wanna see a circus? Melo to the bench Rose to the bench... might play today, might play tomorrow, might not play again. Dolan is a racist, Phil is a moron? Yeah ok... sit on the ****ing bench. Start Lance Thomas and Brandon Jennings and **** these two guys....

I'm at the end of my rope with Melo and Rose. This is Kristaps team cot damn it!!! We are rebuilding and that's evident by Phil not making that Rubio trade.... it's all about the draft right now. Melo sit down shut up or get the **** out!!!!

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Dagger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4184

2/24/2017  10:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2017  10:40 AM
Yeah melo comes off really bad criticizing the team right after the trade deadline. If he wanted out I'm sure Phil would have packed his bags on the spot. If you don't want to be here why are you "napping" through the trade deadline? Watching him smile and laugh playing his same stupid basketball last night as we got steamrolled by the cavs was infuriating. Please Melo, just go already, the majority of fans really want nothing to do with you anymore.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/24/2017  10:41 AM
I know I'm straight up lying to myself here, but what if Phil actually has a plan and this is part of Phil's scheme to get Melo to waive his NTC in the summer?

I know, I know... if Phil had a plan he wouldn't have given Melo a NTC to begin with... but I need to manufacture hope goddamnit

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
EnySpree

2/24/2017  10:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2017  10:50 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:I know I'm straight up lying to myself here, but what if Phil actually has a plan and this is part of Phil's scheme to get Melo to waive his NTC in the summer?

I know, I know... if Phil had a plan he wouldn't have given Melo a NTC to begin with... but I need to manufacture hope goddamnit

Phil gave Melo that no trade clause in good faith. Melo took a pay cut because he could have did what Lebron did and take a 2 year deal so he could get the bigger max deal. Melo wants to stay in ny... so Phil gave him power and authority to dictate where he wanted to go when things went south... why isn't that the narrative? That's absolutely what happened and for Melo to sit here and claim he's frustrated? Dude you have to leave. It's over. Phil met him like a man and laid down the plan. Melo is the one that's not living up to his part. Sorry man you have to go.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/24/2017  10:55 AM
EnySpree wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I know I'm straight up lying to myself here, but what if Phil actually has a plan and this is part of Phil's scheme to get Melo to waive his NTC in the summer?

Phil gave Melo that no trade clause in good faith. Melo took a pay cut because he could have did what Lebron did and take a 2 year deal so he could get the bigger max deal. Melo wants to stay in ny... so Phil gave him power and authority to dictate where he wanted to go when things went south... why isn't that the narrative? That's absolutely what happened and for Melo to sit here and claim he's frustrated? Dude you have to leave. It's over. Phil met him like a man and laid down the plan. Melo is the one that's not living up to his part. Sorry man you have to go.

Melo can't act like he has no control in all of this!!! First is his play on the court and his leadership! Since he has not done what Phil asked that's on Melo. Second is the fact that Melo could easily ask for a trade to get out of here but he chose not to. He wants to be comfortable and at the same time deflect blame to Phil and the org.

Melo is a decade removed from KP, Willy and whoever we draft this summer. He knows darned well what the direction of this team is!!!

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/24/2017  11:04 AM
I am with you... Not many here have supported Melo like I have over recent years and I am just done with him. Doesnt want to pass or move the ball. Doesnt want to play defense. He wants guys around him that help him win his way which is being the big scorer. Times up. Its done. Its over man. Getting Melo back to the playoffs isnt the Knick's job, its Melo's job. Lets keep featuring Melo so he can chase his coveted scoring milestones while we continue to lose at the pace we are at.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/24/2017  11:08 AM
fishmike wrote:I am with you... Not many here have supported Melo like I have over recent years and I am just done with him. Doesnt want to pass or move the ball. Doesnt want to play defense. He wants guys around him that help him win his way which is being the big scorer. Times up. Its done. Its over man. Getting Melo back to the playoffs isnt the Knick's job, its Melo's job. Lets keep featuring Melo so he can chase his coveted scoring milestones while we continue to lose at the pace we are at.

I'm with you on that... ahhh memories of arguing of the merits of the trade... wasted time. wasted talent. I thought Melo would've been something like KG - a star that needed a change in scenery to succeed. let's face it - Melo just wanted to live the big life in NYC

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/24/2017  11:10 AM
fishmike wrote:I am with you... Not many here have supported Melo like I have over recent years and I am just done with him. Doesnt want to pass or move the ball. Doesnt want to play defense. He wants guys around him that help him win his way which is being the big scorer. Times up. Its done. Its over man. Getting Melo back to the playoffs isnt the Knick's job, its Melo's job. Lets keep featuring Melo so he can chase his coveted scoring milestones while we continue to lose at the pace we are at.

The crazy thing is I actually like Melo! I just thought he was finally ready to be DadMelo after last year. He actually was passing last night but the chemistry is so bad that the passes were just off enough that they resulted in turnovers. Not to mention the strong D of the Cavs. Still Melo was a key part of the failure since he has been the best player on the team. He can't absolve himself from responsibility for the losing.

fishmike
USA
2/24/2017  11:13 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:

I'm with you on that... ahhh memories of arguing of the merits of the trade... wasted time. wasted talent. I thought Melo would've been something like KG - a star that needed a change in scenery to succeed. let's face it - Melo just wanted to live the big life in NYC

this. He likes to win, everyone wants to. However winning is second to his lifestyle, his brand and his milestones. He's a tremendous talent and great scorer and could be part of a winning situation but so could most guys in the league. He's not a driver or a pusher. He wants guys to like him. Many times that is fine, many others it doesnt work. I appreciate he wanted to be here and was willing to shoulder the weight as they say, but its not working and it isnt going to work.
EnySpree

2/24/2017  11:21 AM
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

this. He likes to win, everyone wants to. However winning is second to his lifestyle, his brand and his milestones. He's a tremendous talent and great scorer and could be part of a winning situation but so could most guys in the league. He's not a driver or a pusher. He wants guys to like him. Many times that is fine, many others it doesnt work. I appreciate he wanted to be here and was willing to shoulder the weight as they say, but its not working and it isnt going to work.

All of this...

I'm tired of the media trying to push a fake agenda... this **** is over. Melo needs to go and he needs to lay it out and stop the ****ing mind **** bull****.

JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

2/24/2017  11:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2017  11:27 AM
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

I agree with this. Melo the person and the professional has been someone you commend. He's handled the recent bull**** as well as his time in New York fairly well. The guy never gets in trouble, has made charitable contributions and has had a fairly positive outlook with everything. It's just that winning isn't the TOP priority, something this organization is long overdue for. Some guys have it, some guys don't. That's all. Time to move on.

smackeddog
Member: #883
2/24/2017  11:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2017  11:38 AM
I've defended Melo a lot but I cannot stand him at the moment- Phil's direction is he wants him to go, he refuses to go and then complains we have no direction. We do, he's just blocking it because of his brand interests. Fine, reduce him to sixth man status for the rest of his NY days and let him know that we will not re-sign him under any circumstances when his contract is up. If he wants to waste the rest of his career to win a p-ing contest with Phil, let it be.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
2/24/2017  11:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2017  11:35 AM
Cannot agree more with the sentiment but Melo is here to stay minimum until the end of the season.
So what to do with that? Especially from his perspective...
Knicks have a direction and a lot of learning and work to do.
Melo has non. His professional life has no meaning, no purpose, no goals to reach.
I see why he is frustrated.
Blaming and deflecting will not help his state of mind.
Talk about painting himself in the corner with no way out.
First time I really feel for the man.
Will not be surprised if he will have some alignment flaring up and go to the beach until summer...
This may be the best thing for everybody.
Same goes for Rose.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/24/2017  11:37 AM
EnySpree wrote:

I do wonder when Phil and Melo fell out and what exactly triggered it- was it because Phil didn't hire Thibs? The stopped speaking before this season started, just not sure why or when

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/24/2017  11:37 AM
There are more Melo quotes from the article that Bleacher Report links to here.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18754646/carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-understand-team-direction-inactivity-trade-deadline
I can't find the interview. I am not sure how he is supposed to respond to the questions he was asked. Melo and Jeff are the guys that have to face the media.
In regards to it being KP's team or building around KP, that makes a lot of sense. But keeping Rose certainly wasn't a build around KP move. Neither was bringing in Rose, Jennings, Lee, and Noah. I am not sure what the plan is. It has been 5 months and two days since Phil talked to the media. Melo doesn't know the plan. Jeff either doesn't know it or won't share it. No one else talks to the press.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
2/24/2017  11:38 AM
Maybe the plan will be tweeted in code today.
EnySpree

2/24/2017  11:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2017  11:44 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Maybe the plan will be tweeted in code today.

I tell you what... that's not even funny anymore. Truth is Phil never intended for any of his tweets to be pulled out of context. He's said that and apologized for the confusion. But still Phil is hurting Melo so bad with his comments. His peers around the league are standing up for him and his oppressed state.... don't know how he can play under those conditions.

Fuck that stupid ****. Enough is enough. Get the **** off my basketball team!!!!

fishmike
USA
2/24/2017  11:50 AM
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Maybe the plan will be tweeted in code today.

I tell you what... that's not even funny anymore. Truth is Phil never intended for any of his tweets to be pulled out of context. He's said that and apologized for the confusion. But still Phil is hurting Melo so bad with his comments. His peers around the league are standing up for him and his oppressed state.... don't know how he can play under those conditions.

Fuck that stupid ****. Enough is enough. Get the **** off my basketball team!!!!

tell me how you really feel
EnySpree

2/24/2017  11:53 AM
CrushAlot wrote:There are more Melo quotes from the article that Bleacher Report links to here.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18754646/carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-understand-team-direction-inactivity-trade-deadline
I can't find the interview. I am not sure how he is supposed to respond to the questions he was asked. Melo and Jeff are the guys that have to face the media.
In regards to it being KP's team or building around KP, that makes a lot of sense. But keeping Rose certainly wasn't a build around KP move. Neither was bringing in Rose, Jennings, Lee, and Noah. I am not sure what the plan is. It has been 5 months and two days since Phil talked to the media. Melo doesn't know the plan. Jeff either doesn't know it or won't share it. No one else talks to the press.

Bro stop saying you don't know what the plan is. Rose is on a one year deal. That's the only reason why we took the chance. Low risk high reward....he didn't work out and now we have cap space aka he's gone. We are not resigning him. That's the plan. Noah is a guy Phil admires and wanted him in the organization. That's it. Of course he was expecting Noah to contribute more on the court but he's still a guy Phil wants herespect to help Kristaps and the future Knicks. Jennings is a expiring. Lee is a movable piece.... what is so hard to understand. Phil still left him space to build on winning or build around KP.... turns out we're just going to build around KP. Get with the program. Stop feeding into that bull**** espn spits out.

CrushAlot
USA
2/24/2017  11:58 AM
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:There are more Melo quotes from the article that Bleacher Report links to here.

Bro stop saying you don't know what the plan is. Rose is on a one year deal. That's the only reason why we took the chance. Low risk high reward....he didn't work out and now we have cap space aka he's gone. We are not resigning him. That's the plan. Noah is a guy Phil admires and wanted him in the organization. That's it. Of course he was expecting Noah to contribute more on the court but he's still a guy Phil wants herespect to help Kristaps and the future Knicks. Jennings is a expiring. Lee is a movable piece.... what is so hard to understand. Phil still left him space to build on winning or build around KP.... turns out we're just going to build around KP. Get with the program. Stop feeding into that bull**** espn spits out.

The article you posted links to espn for the quotes.
Melo is frustrated 🤔

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy