The direction I'd go in is to improve
Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

2/24/2017  10:55 PM
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Athletiscm speed and 3 point shooting. These attributes will make kp and willy much better

You can see how Cleveland opens the floor with the 3 point shooting and adds athletiscm and speed on defense.

do not acquire any player. Rubio fox etc who can't shoot it. It shortens the floor

I like it. When do we waive everyone we have? And who do we sign that's available? Is this another Denzel Valentine thread Briggs?

Your post makes no sense. The idea is to draft more front line talent. Why are you talking like that is a foreign concept to you? This is a good draft for the kind of players we need. There is no other magical place we can hope to get better talent.

There will still be options in Free Agency and also more Euro options, but for the core of this team it's gonna have to come from the Draft.

I believe the technical term is "denial"

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/24/2017  11:28 PM
The direction I would go is to build a team based on multiple windows of opportunity based on Willy and KP entering their prime. They have to add two more core pieces by the time KP reaches his second contract to have a team that will create the necessary chemistry and synergy to make consistent deep runs into the playoffs. This summer is big and the knicks would be wise to go beast player available and not reach for a PG. I think Isaac should be the goal. I think each year they should focus on doing 3 things. Drafting a starter, drafting a rotation player, and aquiring an asset(future draft pk/young FA/expiring FA).
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/24/2017  11:50 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:The direction I would go is to build a team based on multiple windows of opportunity based on Willy and KP entering their prime. They have to add two more core pieces by the time KP reaches his second contract to have a team that will create the necessary chemistry and synergy to make consistent deep runs into the playoffs. This summer is big and the knicks would be wise to go beast player available and not reach for a PG. I think Isaac should be the goal. I think each year they should focus on doing 3 things. Drafting a starter, drafting a rotation player, and aquiring an asset(future draft pk/young FA/expiring FA).

I agree the Knicks don't need to reach for a specific position but this draft has a high level of talent and they should be able to find a PG, SG or SF in the 1st rd. The best player in that group of positions is how I would go.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/25/2017  9:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/25/2017  10:09 AM
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Athletiscm speed and 3 point shooting. These attributes will make kp and willy much better

You can see how Cleveland opens the floor with the 3 point shooting and adds athletiscm and speed on defense.

do not acquire any player. Rubio fox etc who can't shoot it. It shortens the floor

I like it. When do we waive everyone we have? And who do we sign that's available? Is this another Denzel Valentine thread Briggs?

Your post makes no sense. The idea is to draft more front line talent. Why are you talking like that is a foreign concept to you? This is a good draft for the kind of players we need. There is no other magical place we can hope to get better talent.

There will still be options in Free Agency and also more Euro options, but for the core of this team it's gonna have to come from the Draft.

Let me make it easy. Sarcasm asside. I don't like anyone on this team Except for Melo, KP, Willy, Holiday and Baker. Specially the owner and GM. Feel KP is very talented but because of his size and lack of physique, will always be playing out of position. Think Melo is not going anywhere so tired of that being everyones sole solution. Think Noah will hinder any flexibility to add young, already proven talent for next 3 years. Not a fan of doing what Philly or Minnesota or Phoenix or Denver has done for last ten years. As they still are not very good. Think the plan should be to hire a young GM not Triangle delusional. Get a mix of young proven players, continue to keep and make our draft picks, have a couple of vets not afraid of the moment, and lets see what else? Oh yeah..hire an experienced defensive minded assistant as we have had many games where we gave up almost 70 points in a half? 70 points!! But many on here keep talking about who can make the offense better? You can only be that bad if the entire team concept is a complete **** up.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/25/2017  1:21 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Let me make it easy. Sarcasm asside. I don't like anyone on this team Except for Melo, KP, Willy, Holiday and Baker. Specially the owner and GM. Feel KP is very talented but because of his size and lack of physique, will always be playing out of position. Think Melo is not going anywhere so tired of that being everyones sole solution. Think Noah will hinder any flexibility to add young, already proven talent for next 3 years. Not a fan of doing what Philly or Minnesota or Phoenix or Denver has done for last ten years. As they still are not very good. Think the plan should be to hire a young GM not Triangle delusional. Get a mix of young proven players, continue to keep and make our draft picks, have a couple of vets not afraid of the moment, and lets see what else? Oh yeah..hire an experienced defensive minded assistant as we have had many games where we gave up almost 70 points in a half? 70 points!! But many on here keep talking about who can make the offense better? You can only be that bad if the entire team concept is a complete **** up.

Restricted free agency will stop us from adding young, already proven talent. Cap space isn't an issue- we'll have up to $30mil free this offseason, I don't get why people cry over Noah's contract- we have plenty of cap space.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/25/2017  1:39 PM
Boston is going to have to pay Isiah Thomas and Bradley a lot of money in 2018-2019. To go along with Smart who they love as an intangible glue guy.

At the draft they may feel that Bradley is expendable when they have options like Ball, Fultz, Jackson.

Another option would be seeing if a Melo and #7-10 for Crowder and #1-3 would interest Boston.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
The direction I'd go in is to improve

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy