[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Free Agent Targets for this Summer?
Author Thread
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

2/25/2017  1:15 AM
Europe hasn't disappointed. We got Kuz for a quarter of what Dwill would've gotten .
The Future is Bright!
AUTOADVERT
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

2/25/2017  5:32 AM
ekstarks94 wrote:With the way Phil treated Melo....he looks like he has a sign on the front of the garden saying.."Get Off My Lawn".....no one will come..

I see this kind of stuff posted over and over and I just shake my damn head sometimes.

How has Melo TREATED THIS FRANCHISE?

The last time this team truly embraced and played team basketball, I mean legitimate fundamental basketball from top to bottom on the ACTIVE roster, Melo was injured and this was during Linsanity. How did Melo respond? Sulking, and dogging it so D'Antoni would get fired. Then mocking Lin's contract situation public and seeming more than happy to see the kid gone. Never mind the Knicks were winning, who cares, it's all about Melo.

Feuded with Tyson Chandler, so Chandler has to go.

Publicly gutted the Zinger pick because he wanted Winslow or some other player.

Dogs it on defense. Came into each season chronically out of peak condition. Ball stopper, simply refuses to play team basketball.

You know why Tim Duncan is so awesome?

In part because you can be a Duncan fan as an individual player AND you can be a Spurs fan at the same time. The goal of winning is aligned in both. Duncan could have taken as many shots as he wanted. He could have just not cared about defense and no one could have done or said anything. He didn't have to pass to Danny Green because Green was the open shot behind the arc. He could have said what he wanted in the press that was anti-team and all about him. But he chose to focus on what was best for the team, which was the best for winning.

In my book, there are dudes all over this site who are clearly "Melo Fans" And that's fine, their right. But to justify their beloved Melo, they are really saying F**K THE KNICKS. Because how Melo plays and conducts himself is not aligned with helping this team win.

He is not, by choice, helping the team win basketball games

No, no, YOU ARE A HATER! You are jealous!

He was player of the month several years ago!

He said something almost nice in an interview about some rookie player

This is how he is, you just have to accept it!

No one has ever given him an elite roster to help him!

Phil Jackson said BIG MEANIE THINGS TO HIM! I bet Jackson slammed him on Snapchat!

Sorry, some of you guys, I realize everyone has a right to their own fandom and opinion, but I'm calling out this motherf**king happy horsesh!t.

Putting on a Knicks jersey should mean something. It should mean dignity and honor and value winning and team work and represent excellence. Any player who puts on that jersey should treat it like a blessing and an opportunity and come here to fight every single day at 300 percent and represent the very best values that embody a true professional and a true ambassador of the game itself.

I REFUSE to watch some selfish shotjacker care more about the name on the back of the jersey mean more than the team name on the front and then get some kind of soft serve rationalization that he's the victim here.

Steph Curry played the game the right way when he had no one on the roster around him. He played it the right way when his ankle was gimpy. He played the right way when even Monta Ellis hogged the ball. He played the right way when Don Nelson went full on senile on him. He played the right way when the Warriors were contenders. He played the right way when they won a ring.

Some of you truly act like when a player plays this game the right way, like he's doing the fans a favor. What a way to set the bar so damn low.

Melo wants less criticism? Some of you want less criticism of him? Then how about he does something as simple as PLAYING THE GAME THE RIGHT WAY AND ACTING LIKE AT TRUE PROFESSIONAL.

It's amusing to me whenever his shotjacking, ball stopping and defensive apathy come up, it's almost completely ignored by some, and simply written off as abuse against Melo and everyone must be a hater. Yes, because some fans want to actually see the KNICKS WIN, they are haters.

Has anyone ever stopped to think, if Melo played the game the right way, set a true example on the court in all phases of the game, that more FAs would see the potential here? If you don't want Phil Jackson's criticisms, then don't leave him any reason to shell you in public.

It's easy not to be a fan of how Melo plays this game, you just have to actually love the New York Knicks first and foremost.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/25/2017  8:43 AM
smackeddog wrote:
fishmike wrote:If we can move Melo it changes everything. Then maybe you look to spend on a couple building block guys to go around KP/Willy/KOQ/2007 lottery pick. If Melo stays I do nothing but draft guys. Let Rose walk and stay $20mm under the cap for when the deadline comes.

Yep, that would be my startegy too. There's not really any free agents I covet anyways, so it make sit easy.

That's it for me too. No need to use it just to use it. It's time to play the youth

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
SkyWalker
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #814
2/25/2017  9:34 AM
What is the list of free agents available?
Kenny SkyWalker
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

2/25/2017  10:31 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:With the way Phil treated Melo....he looks like he has a sign on the front of the garden saying.."Get Off My Lawn".....no one will come..

I see this kind of stuff posted over and over and I just shake my damn head sometimes.

The last time this team truly embraced and played team basketball, I mean legitimate fundamental basketball from top to bottom on the ACTIVE roster, Melo was injured and this was during Linsanity. How did Melo respond? Sulking, and dogging it so D'Antoni would get fired. Then mocking Lin's contract situation public and seeming more than happy to see the kid gone. Never mind the Knicks were winning, who cares, it's all about Melo.

Dogs it on defense. Came into each season chronically out of peak condition. Ball stopper, simply refuses to play team basketball.

In part because you can be a Duncan fan as an individual player AND you can be a Spurs fan at the same time. The goal of winning is aligned in both. Duncan could have taken as many shots as he wanted. He could have just not cared about defense and no one could have done or said anything. He didn't have to pass to Danny Green because Green was the open shot behind the arc. He could have said what he wanted in the press that was anti-team and all about him. But he chose to focus on what was best for the team, which was the best for winning.

In my book, there are dudes all over this site who are clearly "Melo Fans" And that's fine, their right. But to justify their beloved Melo, they are really saying F**K THE KNICKS. Because how Melo plays and conducts himself is not aligned with helping this team win.

Phil Jackson said BIG MEANIE THINGS TO HIM! I bet Jackson slammed him on Snapchat!

Sorry, some of you guys, I realize everyone has a right to their own fandom and opinion, but I'm calling out this motherf**king happy horsesh!t.

Putting on a Knicks jersey should mean something. It should mean dignity and honor and value winning and team work and represent excellence. Any player who puts on that jersey should treat it like a blessing and an opportunity and come here to fight every single day at 300 percent and represent the very best values that embody a true professional and a true ambassador of the game itself.

I REFUSE to watch some selfish shotjacker care more about the name on the back of the jersey mean more than the team name on the front and then get some kind of soft serve rationalization that he's the victim here.

Steph Curry played the game the right way when he had no one on the roster around him. He played it the right way when his ankle was gimpy. He played the right way when even Monta Ellis hogged the ball. He played the right way when Don Nelson went full on senile on him. He played the right way when the Warriors were contenders. He played the right way when they won a ring.

Some of you truly act like when a player plays this game the right way, like he's doing the fans a favor. What a way to set the bar so damn low.

Melo wants less criticism? Some of you want less criticism of him? Then how about he does something as simple as PLAYING THE GAME THE RIGHT WAY AND ACTING LIKE AT TRUE PROFESSIONAL.

It's amusing to me whenever his shotjacking, ball stopping and defensive apathy come up, it's almost completely ignored by some, and simply written off as abuse against Melo and everyone must be a hater. Yes, because some fans want to actually see the KNICKS WIN, they are haters.

Has anyone ever stopped to think, if Melo played the game the right way, set a true example on the court in all phases of the game, that more FAs would see the potential here? If you don't want Phil Jackson's criticisms, then don't leave him any reason to shell you in public.

It's easy not to be a fan of how Melo plays this game, you just have to actually love the New York Knicks first and foremost.

In agreement with...but in a mgmt position at any company...things should be handled more tactfully. Whether Phil is right or wrong is not the point it is how he handled it. Players and others are not coming to Melos defense saying that...no Phil is wrong he is not a ball stopper...they are coming to his defense on his treatment by the franchise who by the way has bent over backwards for him.

Phil in his comments is doing the counterproductive thing by driving down the perceived value of his player....other teams see the dysfunction and Melo age and say 25 cents on the dollar is best you will get.

Perception in some cases supersedes reality

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

2/25/2017  10:34 AM
smackeddog wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:Nobody is coming here particularly after the toxic past couple of weeks...

That will take a few seasons to blow over- but to be honest no one big came here anyways, plus there will always be some middling FAs who want to come to NY.

NY is, however still a huge draw for international players- glad we're finally stepping up our European scouting. New York is a big draw internationally, we can capitalize on that while focusing on the draft

If we're gonna rebuild we need to do it with guys who play both ends of the floor especially defense and the international guys aren't exactly known for their defense. We need to basically do it the way Boston has done theirs but for us will be harder and take longer cause we don't have all of those extra draft picks Boston had for their rebuild. I think people forget that it's taken Boston a good little while to do their rebuild cause Ainge was patient with it. We have a few good young guys to get us going in KP, Billy, Kuz (not so young but young enough)and R.Burgandy but we still have a lot of work to do so if a true rebuild is the way we want this to go then you better be prepared with patience and it won't be Phil finishing the rebuild cause it will go longer than two more years for sure so we gotta hope Dolan replaces him with the right guy or it will end up being a rebuild that never gets finished.

newyorker4ever

2/25/2017  10:43 AM
nixluva wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:Nobody is coming here particularly after the toxic past couple of weeks...

That will take a few seasons to blow over- but to be honest no one big came here anyways, plus there will always be some middling FAs who want to come to NY.

NY is, however still a huge draw for international players- glad we're finally stepping up our European scouting. New York is a big draw internationally, we can capitalize on that while focusing on the draft

You know that's a great point. We should def gear towards that angle.

Yeah this is a great point. Quietly NY is becoming a place to be for Euros. We have a great location and quite a few Euros on board that make it a comfortable place. They don't give a FLIP about Phil dissing Melo!!!

I actually disagree to a point. I love the euros but i don't love that they don't play much defense if any at all so if we put a team full of euros together we'd be going away from the way i think a rebuild needs to be done which is with defense as the #1 focus.

ekstarks94

2/25/2017  10:46 AM
TripleThreat wrote:

No one has to be abMelo bootstrap licker because ....Phil treated him unfairly comment.....Melo is selfish and mgmt resigned him...however mgmt gave him the no trade clause when they did not have to...if Melo walked so be it...but Melo wanted 120 vs 80 mill....and Phil hemmed himself in with the no trade....but the President of the team ...the CEO of the franchise does not publicly call out the player....if your boss called you out on Facebook or LinkedIn about you lack of x or you don't do y....guess what your boss is out whether what they said is true or not...

Yes Phil was trying his Jedi mind trick games he always had and it backfired and was made worse with the Oakley nonsense and now our organization looks like Chernobyl...

So in my Tony Montana voice...."Save your bull**** Saldbeum, you got nothing on me"

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/25/2017  12:26 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

No one has to be abMelo bootstrap licker because ....Phil treated him unfairly comment.....Melo is selfish and mgmt resigned him...however mgmt gave him the no trade clause when they did not have to...if Melo walked so be it...but Melo wanted 120 vs 80 mill....and Phil hemmed himself in with the no trade....but the President of the team ...the CEO of the franchise does not publicly call out the player....if your boss called you out on Facebook or LinkedIn about you lack of x or you don't do y....guess what your boss is out whether what they said is true or not...

Yes Phil was trying his Jedi mind trick games he always had and it backfired and was made worse with the Oakley nonsense and now our organization looks like Chernobyl...

So in my Tony Montana voice...."Save your bull**** Saldbeum, you got nothing on me"

LOL - Love the revisionist history you Melo Bootstrap-lickers provide. Now it's - "If Melo walks so be it" - 2 years ago you same Melo fans would have absolutely crucified Phil for letting Melo "walk for nothing". Well you can't have it both ways, Triple threat did a fantastic job of calling bull**** on people who keep rooting for Melo. If you can't be Knicks fan then you can go jump.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/25/2017  12:58 PM
SkyWalker wrote:What is the list of free agents available?

http://hoopshype.com/2017/01/25/nba-free-agency-2017-the-top-players/

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/25/2017  1:45 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

+100000000000000

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TripleThreat

2/25/2017  2:38 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:In agreement with...but in a mgmt position at any company...things should be handled more tactfully. Whether Phil is right or wrong is not the point it is how he handled it. Players and others are not coming to Melos defense saying that...no Phil is wrong he is not a ball stopper...they are coming to his defense on his treatment by the franchise who by the way has bent over backwards for him.

Phil in his comments is doing the counterproductive thing by driving down the perceived value of his player....other teams see the dysfunction and Melo age and say 25 cents on the dollar is best you will get.

The Knicks can only hope to build for the future, start over, attempt to win, attempt to be competitive, attempt to consistently make the playoffs, attempt to be a contender if they can move forward, starting now. Moving forward means getting Melo off the roster.

It's almost like it's not in blinding flashing neon lights for some of you. Melo could care less about the Knicks winning or what's best for this team or playing team basketball, he cares about living in NY, his 'branding' and his marketing opportunities outside the game. If that's not clear, there was a giant article in SI or ESPN the magazine or some sports rag where it goes in depth to his view about "winning" versus "branding"

Phil Jackson is using the one weapon that will work. Melo cares about his public image. Apparently most of us wish he cared about team basketball, defense, passing the ball and teamwork as much as he cares about said public image.

Jackson going after Melo will do one of two things.

A) It will get Melo to play team basketball. Just about as unlikely as you winning an Olympic gold in figure skating in 8 years, but OK, why not try.

or

B) It will force Melo to see his "branding" will be at risk and the only way to protect his public image from being labeled as a mercenary malcontent selfish player is to waive his NTC or to do so for a larger range of teams.

Jackson is not driving down Melos trade value

What drives down his trade value is

A) His age. Father Time is undefeated

B) The way he plays the game, it creates a very limited fit for most teams

C) His massive salary plus the trade kicker, which makes salary matching difficult if not impossible

D) His NTC, in which case he has tremendous power over which team and what compensation come across the board.

You cannot drive down trade value if it's already at rock bottom. Again, why do people keep pushing this narrative? With or without Jackson's comments, Melo's trade value is rock bottom. He's an aging gunner who doesn't play team basketball and causes a massive salary issue for any trade.

Yes, he can create his own shot, but the VORP ( Value Over Replacement Player) issue comes to mind. Can you get a player who can give you 60-70 percent of what Melo gives you at a fraction of the cost. Lou Williams is instant offense off the bench. He's not costing you what Melo is going to cost you, then again, he has limitations, but then again Melo has self imposed limitations.

Yes, other players in the league are coming to his "defense" Are we talking about the same players, who are so dogmatic about the NBAPA fraternal order that they almost to a man universally supported the players when in Detroit, players WENT INTO THE STANDS AND STARTED PUNCHING FANS OUT?

Are any of those players who spoke out against Jackson, were they going to sign with the Knicks anyway? NBA FA history shows that players pick teams that are winning/contending and can pay the most. The best players try to get both. The not as best players try to get the latter if they can. It's not rocket science.

Nothing you are saying actually lines up with NBA FA history, the general NBA marketplace or factors in the existing trade leverage situation here with Melo.

If you want an example to show the Melo/Knicks situation, here is one. It's a MARRIAGE. Not an old school aligning two powerful Game Of Thrones dynasties type of marriage. It's a situation where Melo is the jilted wife and the Knicks are the battered down husband. She can decide to never have sex with you again ( play defense), never clean (pass the ball), never be civil (be a leader), the kids don't even have to be yours ( push out coaches and teammates who don't fit your selfish agenda), they could be the mailmans, and she can leave at any time take more than half of everything you own (NTC/Trade Kicker). The Knicks are the "husband" who simply left his "wife" get totally out of control. But then again, he knew she was "slut" when he married her. Melo's spots and his flaws were evident from his Denver days. You can't wife a whore. You can't ring up a ho. Now it's time to dump the b!tch and now it's gonna cost.

This is not a TRADE, it's a DIVORCE. And the ALIMONY ( gutting the Knicks by personnel moves to appease Melo) and CHILD SUPPORT ( years it will take to recover from having Melo's toxic play/behavior/contract legacy on the roster) are going to hurt.

But you know what they say about divorce and it's COST?

It's worth it.

Why does divorce cost so much? Because it's worth it.

IT IS WORTH IT.

No one will pay top dollar ( see 2nd marriage commitment) to a busted out aging whore who did nothing but nag and grind her "husband" into the ground. This is why Melo has no trade value. It has nothing to do with Jackson. Jackson is just calling Melo out for being the coked out pumped out former party girl turned wannabe Martha Stewart fake without all the pretense about it. Anyone want to wife up a broken down nag, with her face pounded to dust from too much tanning, too much drinking, too much getting bent over pool tables and is all used up with a lousy attitude?

Melo is the NBA equivalent of a just about to hit menopause rode hard single mom with bad credit and sagging t!ts.

Zinger now is the NBA equivalent of a 22 year old hottie virgin who cooks, cleans and is actually pleasant to be around.

Is it really that hard to see why the Knicks want to move on and don't care how Melo feels about it?

I know what you are going to say next. People marry whores all the time. Yes, they do. Stupid people. The Knicks married Melo, which is why they have been, sadly, a stupid franchise for such a long time. But now it's time to get that divorce ( because IT IS WORTH IT) and start over with this new nubile virgin without all the baggage.

Yes, yes, some people will criticize Jackson for his tactics. Then again, there will be people who will try to shame a man for realizing his mistake too late, but tries to make amends by divorcing that whore. What would you rather have? Virtue by shaky perception that has no real value or leverage, or still being married to a worthless whore?

Divorce the b!itch. Trust me, it's worth it.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/25/2017  3:22 PM
martin wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

+100000000000000

you do realize you are + a post with inaccuracies? Publicly roasted the pick? Where are the quotes by Melo? Feuded with TYson but Tyson tried to recuit him to Dallas. SO how bad was the feud

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

2/25/2017  3:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/25/2017  3:31 PM
Honestly, I think if we drop Rose, sign a good point guard with way decent assists averages and shooting percentages, even Teague will do since we probably can't get CP3, plus draft a lights-out shooter like Monk, we would be able to challenge for the chip even with how the team is presently constructed.
We will also need to hire a better defensive coach, though. Maybe bring in Ewing as an assistant.
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

2/25/2017  4:59 PM
George Hill
Danilo Gallinari
ekstarks94

2/25/2017  5:06 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

LOL - Love the revisionist history you Melo Bootstrap-lickers provide. Now it's - "If Melo walks so be it" - 2 years ago you same Melo fans would have absolutely crucified Phil for letting Melo "walk for nothing". Well you can't have it both ways, Triple threat did a fantastic job of calling bull**** on people who keep rooting for Melo. If you can't be Knicks fan then you can go jump.

Melo is what he is....if he left you would have a rise of folks lamenting Phils decision...if he stayed we are where we are now and our discussion.....his style is not conducive to pushing a team particularly at his age....but he has always been like this and my how tunes have changed...similar to us missing out on LBJ and getting Stat and talking our way into loving him the 1st year and then crying to get him the hell out....when his knees became mush...

It's funny how Melo haters where quiet as hell when we gave up our first born for him....did you like the taste of boot straps then????

ekstarks94

2/25/2017  5:16 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:In agreement with...but in a mgmt position at any company...things should be handled more tactfully. Whether Phil is right or wrong is not the point it is how he handled it. Players and others are not coming to Melos defense saying that...no Phil is wrong he is not a ball stopper...they are coming to his defense on his treatment by the franchise who by the way has bent over backwards for him.

The Knicks can only hope to build for the future, start over, attempt to win, attempt to be competitive, attempt to consistently make the playoffs, attempt to be a contender if they can move forward, starting now. Moving forward means getting Melo off the roster.

It's almost like it's not in blinding flashing neon lights for some of you. Melo could care less about the Knicks winning or what's best for this team or playing team basketball, he cares about living in NY, his 'branding' and his marketing opportunities outside the game. If that's not clear, there was a giant article in SI or ESPN the magazine or some sports rag where it goes in depth to his view about "winning" versus "branding"

Phil Jackson is using the one weapon that will work. Melo cares about his public image. Apparently most of us wish he cared about team basketball, defense, passing the ball and teamwork as much as he cares about said public image.

Jackson going after Melo will do one of two things.

A) It will get Melo to play team basketball. Just about as unlikely as you winning an Olympic gold in figure skating in 8 years, but OK, why not try.

or

B) It will force Melo to see his "branding" will be at risk and the only way to protect his public image from being labeled as a mercenary malcontent selfish player is to waive his NTC or to do so for a larger range of teams.

Jackson is not driving down Melos trade value

What drives down his trade value is

A) His age. Father Time is undefeated

B) The way he plays the game, it creates a very limited fit for most teams

C) His massive salary plus the trade kicker, which makes salary matching difficult if not impossible

D) His NTC, in which case he has tremendous power over which team and what compensation come across the board.

You cannot drive down trade value if it's already at rock bottom. Again, why do people keep pushing this narrative? With or without Jackson's comments, Melo's trade value is rock bottom. He's an aging gunner who doesn't play team basketball and causes a massive salary issue for any trade.

Yes, he can create his own shot, but the VORP ( Value Over Replacement Player) issue comes to mind. Can you get a player who can give you 60-70 percent of what Melo gives you at a fraction of the cost. Lou Williams is instant offense off the bench. He's not costing you what Melo is going to cost you, then again, he has limitations, but then again Melo has self imposed limitations.

Yes, other players in the league are coming to his "defense" Are we talking about the same players, who are so dogmatic about the NBAPA fraternal order that they almost to a man universally supported the players when in Detroit, players WENT INTO THE STANDS AND STARTED PUNCHING FANS OUT?

Are any of those players who spoke out against Jackson, were they going to sign with the Knicks anyway? NBA FA history shows that players pick teams that are winning/contending and can pay the most. The best players try to get both. The not as best players try to get the latter if they can. It's not rocket science.

Nothing you are saying actually lines up with NBA FA history, the general NBA marketplace or factors in the existing trade leverage situation here with Melo.

If you want an example to show the Melo/Knicks situation, here is one. It's a MARRIAGE. Not an old school aligning two powerful Game Of Thrones dynasties type of marriage. It's a situation where Melo is the jilted wife and the Knicks are the battered down husband. She can decide to never have sex with you again ( play defense), never clean (pass the ball), never be civil (be a leader), the kids don't even have to be yours ( push out coaches and teammates who don't fit your selfish agenda), they could be the mailmans, and she can leave at any time take more than half of everything you own (NTC/Trade Kicker). The Knicks are the "husband" who simply left his "wife" get totally out of control. But then again, he knew she was "slut" when he married her. Melo's spots and his flaws were evident from his Denver days. You can't wife a whore. You can't ring up a ho. Now it's time to dump the b!tch and now it's gonna cost.

This is not a TRADE, it's a DIVORCE. And the ALIMONY ( gutting the Knicks by personnel moves to appease Melo) and CHILD SUPPORT ( years it will take to recover from having Melo's toxic play/behavior/contract legacy on the roster) are going to hurt.

But you know what they say about divorce and it's COST?

It's worth it.

Why does divorce cost so much? Because it's worth it.

IT IS WORTH IT.

No one will pay top dollar ( see 2nd marriage commitment) to a busted out aging whore who did nothing but nag and grind her "husband" into the ground. This is why Melo has no trade value. It has nothing to do with Jackson. Jackson is just calling Melo out for being the coked out pumped out former party girl turned wannabe Martha Stewart fake without all the pretense about it. Anyone want to wife up a broken down nag, with her face pounded to dust from too much tanning, too much drinking, too much getting bent over pool tables and is all used up with a lousy attitude?

Melo is the NBA equivalent of a just about to hit menopause rode hard single mom with bad credit and sagging t!ts.

Zinger now is the NBA equivalent of a 22 year old hottie virgin who cooks, cleans and is actually pleasant to be around.

Is it really that hard to see why the Knicks want to move on and don't care how Melo feels about it?

I know what you are going to say next. People marry whores all the time. Yes, they do. Stupid people. The Knicks married Melo, which is why they have been, sadly, a stupid franchise for such a long time. But now it's time to get that divorce ( because IT IS WORTH IT) and start over with this new nubile virgin without all the baggage.

Yes, yes, some people will criticize Jackson for his tactics. Then again, there will be people who will try to shame a man for realizing his mistake too late, but tries to make amends by divorcing that whore. What would you rather have? Virtue by shaky perception that has no real value or leverage, or still being married to a worthless whore?

Divorce the b!itch. Trust me, it's worth it.

We all know this...but when you are in divorce court are you going to be yelling in the courtroom at your soon to be ex...you h*e, you *itch, etc...how this going to help your case...

Phil effectively did this....Melo is selfish but guess what he resigned him....when you marry a trophy wife you kinda have to know what she is about and not be shocked when she does what she does....

All I am saying is that the Pres of an organization should not be on the back pages calling out a player...and then when you so called Knicks lovers are overpaying for Jrue Holiday or Jeff Teague ask yourself why...

Melo is what he is as a second or third option(preferably) he on the right team can contribute....but he is on our team...yes he needs to go....but we put the ring on that finger without a prenup....Phil should have said zero and leave it to the fans like you TT to voice the frustration from the bleachers....

TripleThreat

2/25/2017  7:30 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:We all know this...but when you are in divorce court are you going to be yelling in the courtroom at your soon to be ex...you h*e, you *itch, etc...how this going to help your case...

Phil effectively did this....Melo is selfish but guess what he resigned him....when you marry a trophy wife you kinda have to know what she is about and not be shocked when she does what she does....

All I am saying is that the Pres of an organization should not be on the back pages calling out a player...and then when you so called Knicks lovers are overpaying for Jrue Holiday or Jeff Teague ask yourself why...

Melo is what he is as a second or third option(preferably) he on the right team can contribute....but he is on our team...yes he needs to go....but we put the ring on that finger without a prenup....Phil should have said zero and leave it to the fans like you TT to voice the frustration from the bleachers....

First, what did Phil Jackson say that was so horrible?

Second, even if you did think it was horrible, what does it matter what you say when clearly the other side, who is getting the benefits of the "marriage" decides they don't want a divorce and have the power to stop it?

I can't make you leave, but I'll ensure you'll hate staying. If you don't want to cook, clean, blow me and be pleasant and it will cost me either way, I'm looking to get rid of you.

What exactly has appeasement gotten the "husband" in this situation? The Knicks have given Melo everything he has wanted and how did that turn out?

Phil Jackson saying zero does nothing to help the KNICKS AS A FRANCHISE. His JOB is to help the team win, in order to do that, Melo has to get off the roster. Jackson is DOING HIS JOB HERE.

And let's not pretend that Melo has never played this game himself. He wanted D'Antoni gone. SSOL under Lin was true team ball, but Melo couldn't be the center of attention, so Pringles had to go. Did he just sit there and let things happen on their own? No, he dogged it, he made it clear he was dogging it, he made it clear he was going to dog it as long as Pringles was coach. It's not like this gamesmanship is simply all on Jackson and Melo has never played it himself.

If Holiday and Teague sign with the Knicks on a market overpay, it's because IT IS WHAT THE MARKET WILL BEAR. This factors into the ability to win, to contend, to get the most total money, ability to start/get minutes, the most number of years and smaller issues like lifestyle or hometowns or family. Please name any situation in NBA history where a FA has openly stated they "taxed" a team for something that was said or done to a player before them on the roster. You keep pushing this narrative in which nothing in the modern age of NBA free agency has shown this to be true.

Just because someone marries a whore doesn't mean they have to be stuck with them forever. That seems to be your narrative, the Knicks chose badly so they should just sit there and eat sh!t for two more years for the mistake.

Sorry, Melo just continued to overplay his hand here. You stop cooking, cleaning, and blowing, you are gonna get kicked out. If Melo didn't want his franchise to start screaming about divorce, then he should have behaved like someone who wasn't daring the other party to force one.

You are talking about what NBA players SAY THEY ARE GOING TO DO. I'm talking about WHAT NBA PLAYERS ACTUALLY DO. Once you focus on what NBA players actually do, your entire narrative here falls apart.

smackeddog
Member: #883
2/26/2017  3:42 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:We all know this...but when you are in divorce court are you going to be yelling in the courtroom at your soon to be ex...you h*e, you *itch, etc...how this going to help your case...

First, what did Phil Jackson say that was so horrible?

Exactly- this has been irritating me for weeks- what did Phil say that isn't true AND what those blasting him haven't said? His criticism was pretty mild and it was a fact.

It's a standard manipulative response- someone does or says something (usually a valid criticism) and the other person then suddenly has a huge reaction, like they are the most sensitive person on earth, so all the focus is then on trying to appease their reaction, completely distracting all attention away from the original criticism. So, if you're familiar with this in any relationships you have, it usually ends with you having to apologize or placate the person who you criticized in the first place for doing something wrong, while they get to pretend it never happened!

newyorker4ever

2/26/2017  10:19 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:George Hill
Danilo Gallinari

George Hill is a guy i have my eye on. He's not a top PG in the league but he's a bigger PG and he plays both sides of the floor and plays the defensive side very well.

Free Agent Targets for this Summer?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy