[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Free Agent Targets for this Summer?
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
2/23/2017  8:06 PM
Ian Clark is a nice under the radar target.
AUTOADVERT
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

2/23/2017  9:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/23/2017  10:32 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Miloš Teodosić

Would you do so even if we draft a PG?

I doubt the knicks draft a pg but if they draft ntilikina or Fox I would do it because of Teodosic ability to play off the ball. Fox and Ntilikina May have those abilities too especially defensively but either way neither one will likely show up ready day one. Euros usually come over at a small price so if they can get Teodosic for $6 - $12m. I would do it.

How many years on the deal? Why would he sign for us when there are multiple teams, with significant cap space that want him? It seems like accomplished foreign players that can sign as free agents in our league tend to go to teams that are something between middling to contender-status e.g. Pablo Prigioni, Sarunas Jasikevicas, Andres Nocioni, etc. Maybe we might be able to become middling next season but I don't understand why he'd be interested unless we exceed the $12 million you suggested.

NardDogNation

2/23/2017  9:49 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:I pursue Darren Collison on a 2 year, $20 million deal with a team option for a 3rd and do dick-else. We need a veteran PG to stabilize the position, long enough for our potential pick to learn the ropes and nothing else. Collision isn't anything spectacular but I think he'd fill that role well enough. Other than that, I'd also attempt to re-sign Justin Holiday who is a decent 3-and-D guy and then dole out minimum deals to D-league talent that may continue to grow with us. We'll likely suck again that year but still be at or around the 8th seed, which is FINE. We need to grow the team organically through draft picks anyway.

Aha, jinx. But yes I agree. I'd really like to bring back Justin Holiday, too.

This should be a slow build - I would really like to keep Courtney Lee and KOQ and even Brandon Jennings. This team needs some continuity going forward.

Lose Rose, draft well, try to improve from within. Stop with the dang major overalls that get us nowhere.

We have no choice. We will be in rebuild mode next year as well unless something drastic happens. Melo has to be moved. Makes to much sense for both sides at this point.

There is always a choice and routinely we make the wrong one (with exception to the 2015 offseason when we did everything right aside from signing Kevin Seraphin instead of Alexey Shved).

We don't have many other smart options, so other then making poor choices we really only have one route to go. Slow rebuild, get what we can for Melo in the off season to a team of his preference. Depend on hitting on a draft pick.

Best case scenario is we can come away with Bradley & Crowder from the Celtics. And land a quality Pg at the draft.

The Celtics didn't want to give up Crowder or Bradley for Jimmy Butler. They ain't doing it for Melo.

Welpee
Member: #6239

2/23/2017  10:04 PM
Vmart wrote:Have you learned nothing people. The best moves are the ones you don't make. FA is a huge disappointment. Just keep racking up picks and go that route. Trade Melo do whatever but don't touch FAs especially the high profile ones. They tend to disappoint the most.
Yeah, just do what Philly is doing and wait for 2023 to start winning big.
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

2/23/2017  10:33 PM
how much money are the knicks expected to have? 25 mill?
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/23/2017  10:55 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:I pursue Darren Collison on a 2 year, $20 million deal with a team option for a 3rd and do dick-else. We need a veteran PG to stabilize the position, long enough for our potential pick to learn the ropes and nothing else. Collision isn't anything spectacular but I think he'd fill that role well enough. Other than that, I'd also attempt to re-sign Justin Holiday who is a decent 3-and-D guy and then dole out minimum deals to D-league talent that may continue to grow with us. We'll likely suck again that year but still be at or around the 8th seed, which is FINE. We need to grow the team organically through draft picks anyway.

This should be a slow build - I would really like to keep Courtney Lee and KOQ and even Brandon Jennings. This team needs some continuity going forward.

Lose Rose, draft well, try to improve from within. Stop with the dang major overalls that get us nowhere.

We have no choice. We will be in rebuild mode next year as well unless something drastic happens. Melo has to be moved. Makes to much sense for both sides at this point.

There is always a choice and routinely we make the wrong one (with exception to the 2015 offseason when we did everything right aside from signing Kevin Seraphin instead of Alexey Shved).

We don't have many other smart options, so other then making poor choices we really only have one route to go. Slow rebuild, get what we can for Melo in the off season to a team of his preference. Depend on hitting on a draft pick.

Best case scenario is we can come away with Bradley & Crowder from the Celtics. And land a quality Pg at the draft.

The Celtics didn't want to give up Crowder or Bradley for Jimmy Butler. They ain't doing it for Melo.

Didn't follow the details of the trade negotiations. Was it because they didn't want to give them up as well as with draft picks? Or were the draft picks fine and they didn't want give up any of pieces of their core? I would be fine with no draft picks included for those 2. I doubt Chi would have been happy with that.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

2/23/2017  11:30 PM
Team desperately needs help on the wing.

Andre Iguodala
PJ Tucker
Tony Allen
Thabo Selofosha

I do not think they can get Iggy or Tucker. I think given their range of "potential get", i.e. Tier 1 and Tier 2 FAs aren't coming to the Knicks, I think Thabo and Allen are interesting short term possibilities.

Iggy would be interesting because I think he would also serve as a positive leadership guy as well. But odds are he and Tucker would require a massive overpay to get them here.

Allen is older and Thabo has serious offensive limitations, but both can defend and both can probably be had for very short contracts. If Melo is stuck on this roster, this team needs guys who can defend and who don't need the ball in their hands much. Sadly neither guy is an elite 3 point shooter, but this is why they would actually available in the Tiers of FA that the Knicks can possibly get a player.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

2/24/2017  12:01 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Miloš Teodosić

Would you do so even if we draft a PG?

I doubt the knicks draft a pg but if they draft ntilikina or Fox I would do it because of Teodosic ability to play off the ball. Fox and Ntilikina May have those abilities too especially defensively but either way neither one will likely show up ready day one. Euros usually come over at a small price so if they can get Teodosic for $6 - $12m. I would do it.

How many years on the deal? Why would he sign for us when there are multiple teams, with significant cap space that want him? It seems like accomplished foreign players that can sign as free agents in our league tend to go to teams that are something between middling to contender-status e.g. Pablo Prigioni, Sarunas Jasikevicas, Andres Nocioni, etc. Maybe we might be able to become middling next season but I don't understand why he'd be interested unless we exceed the $12 million you suggested.

3yrs would be okay as a stop gap. He would probably want to play on a contender but then again maybe he wants to start and be in a NYC. I think the knicks need to create a cultural background before KPs 4th season when he will likely put it together. Its not a win it all year but I think that would be a great year to shoot for a 2nd rd playoff run.

NardDogNation

2/24/2017  12:19 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Didn't follow the details of the trade negotiations. Was it because they didn't want to give them up as well as with draft picks? Or were the draft picks fine and they didn't want give up any of pieces of their core? I would be fine with no draft picks included for those 2. I doubt Chi would have been happy with that.

Reportedly, the Celtics wanted to keep their core players and only surrender that 2017 Nets pick, which they also wanted protection on. Supposedly other draft picks (other than the 2018 Nets pick) and young players were involved as well.

smackeddog
Member: #883
2/24/2017  3:46 AM
fishmike wrote:If we can move Melo it changes everything. Then maybe you look to spend on a couple building block guys to go around KP/Willy/KOQ/2007 lottery pick. If Melo stays I do nothing but draft guys. Let Rose walk and stay $20mm under the cap for when the deadline comes.

Yep, that would be my startegy too. There's not really any free agents I covet anyways, so it make sit easy.

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

2/24/2017  9:57 AM
Nobody is coming here particularly after the toxic past couple of weeks...if we tank the remainder of the season no established player is coming unless we drastically overpay...I can see potential restricted free agents that may want to build their "brand"...but they are restricted....

Unless we pick up our play substantially and come off the season having a feel good moment...by either making the playoffs or pushing towards the playoffs and just missing it...but in both cases everything is clicking....vets and young talent looking promising...I do not see how someone comes hear....

With the way Phil treated Melo....he looks like he has a sign on the front of the garden saying.."Get Off My Lawn".....no one will come..

I say build through the draft....

In fact I would have taken the Clips package with draft picks in 2022,2024, etc.....because of the Brooklyn Celts situation...

Celts took the picks and Brooklyn had old talent for one more run that never materialized...now Celts have the hottest pick in the NBA(before the draft positioning is revealed)...

The Clips with Paul in 2022 would be old....they will not have a substantial infusion of young talent unless they trade DJ or Blake....but Doc is not Masai in Toronto...and he sure isn't Ainge....so I would expect them to be bad at the end of Paul's contract...they also would be close to capped out so now substantial infusion of high level talent unless someone is taking a pay cut to play for them which I do not see anyone doing that just to get steam rolled by Golden State.

Young Talent Baby....time to trust the "Draft" Process...not Phil's process

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/24/2017  11:04 AM
ekstarks94 wrote:Young Talent Baby....time to trust the "Draft" Process...not Phil's process

Phil has been working to improve thru the Draft and I expect that to continue and grow. He has 3 picks already in this draft and hopefully he can add more. The best part of Phil's tenure has been the Draft and UDFA's.
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/24/2017  11:32 AM
ekstarks94 wrote:Nobody is coming here particularly after the toxic past couple of weeks...

That will take a few seasons to blow over- but to be honest no one big came here anyways, plus there will always be some middling FAs who want to come to NY.

NY is, however still a huge draw for international players- glad we're finally stepping up our European scouting. New York is a big draw internationally, we can capitalize on that while focusing on the draft

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/24/2017  11:46 AM
I would say wait until after the draft to assess. We don't need another Noah blocking PT (in theory... if his ass was healthy). Then I would target young guys like KOQ who have upside but are somewhat unproven.

Literally every FA the Knicks consider should be similarly aged to KP, not Melo.

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Chandler
Member: #6197

2/24/2017  12:38 PM
TripleThreat wrote:Team desperately needs help on the wing.

Andre Iguodala
PJ Tucker
Tony Allen
Thabo Selofosha

I do not think they can get Iggy or Tucker. I think given their range of "potential get", i.e. Tier 1 and Tier 2 FAs aren't coming to the Knicks, I think Thabo and Allen are interesting short term possibilities.

Iggy would be interesting because I think he would also serve as a positive leadership guy as well. But odds are he and Tucker would require a massive overpay to get them here.

Allen is older and Thabo has serious offensive limitations, but both can defend and both can probably be had for very short contracts. If Melo is stuck on this roster, this team needs guys who can defend and who don't need the ball in their hands much. Sadly neither guy is an elite 3 point shooter, but this is why they would actually available in the Tiers of FA that the Knicks can possibly get a player.

I agree with the first sentence but not the rest. We need our scouts to find the younger players who will become players like the above on KP's and Willy's timeline. That requires more of a crystal ball judging a player's attitude, ability to grow etc.

(5)(5)
VCoug
Member: #1406

2/24/2017  8:11 PM
Welpee wrote:
Vmart wrote:Have you learned nothing people. The best moves are the ones you don't make. FA is a huge disappointment. Just keep racking up picks and go that route. Trade Melo do whatever but don't touch FAs especially the high profile ones. They tend to disappoint the most.
Yeah, just do what Philly is doing and wait for 2023 to start winning big.

And the Knicks have been trying to win and are only barely better than Philly. Probably not the best example you could use.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/24/2017  8:26 PM
smackeddog wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:Nobody is coming here particularly after the toxic past couple of weeks...

That will take a few seasons to blow over- but to be honest no one big came here anyways, plus there will always be some middling FAs who want to come to NY.

NY is, however still a huge draw for international players- glad we're finally stepping up our European scouting. New York is a big draw internationally, we can capitalize on that while focusing on the draft

You know that's a great point. We should def gear towards that angle.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/24/2017  8:42 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Yeah this is a great point. Quietly NY is becoming a place to be for Euros. We have a great location and quite a few Euros on board that make it a comfortable place. They don't give a FLIP about Phil dissing Melo!!!

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/24/2017  11:07 PM
nixluva wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Yeah this is a great point. Quietly NY is becoming a place to be for Euros. We have a great location and quite a few Euros on board that make it a comfortable place. They don't give a FLIP about Phil dissing Melo!!!

Not sure if anyone noticed but he's been heavily reliant on European prospects. I expect that trend to continue

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

2/24/2017  11:49 PM
EnySpree wrote:
nixluva wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Not sure if anyone noticed but he's been heavily reliant on European prospects. I expect that trend to continue

Euro prospects are divorced from AAU....more fundamentals and a team ball approach
Free Agent Targets for this Summer?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy