Knicks did 0
Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

2/23/2017  3:49 PM
Welpee wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knicks have at least three very tradeable assets: Rose, Lee, and KO'Q and swung and missed. Whatever they're paying Phil it's the worst investment in the NBA.

Minny was always suspect. C'mon, they're realizing Knicks willing to trade him, and concluding that they can just wait until summer and sign him as a FA; Minny wanted to dump Rubio (which may be tougher)

(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/23/2017  3:52 PM
This is bad.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
2/23/2017  3:57 PM
CrushAlot wrote:This is bad.

These statement probably made to make the Knicks look bad. Most likely there was no deal.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/23/2017  3:58 PM

Wow. Difference between having Steve Mills/Phil Jackson and a good GM.

RIP Crushalot😞
CrushAlot
USA
2/23/2017  4:00 PM
Vmart wrote:

These statement probably made to make the Knicks look bad. Most likely there was no deal.

Begley covers the Knicks. His sources are from the Knicks. Not sure why he would try to make them look bad.
Vmart
USA
BRIGGS wrote:

Wow. Difference between having Steve Mills/Phil Jackson and a good GM.

It doesn't work like that. If there is a deal going on they let it go on until it gets done.

Vmart
USA
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Begley covers the Knicks. His sources are from the Knicks. Not sure why he would try to make them look bad.

I don't buy it he doesn't even know the rules.

CrushAlot
USA
2/23/2017  4:15 PM
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:

I don't buy it he doesn't even know the rules.

Begley doesn't?
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/23/2017  4:20 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:

ESPN 🤔

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

2/23/2017  4:28 PM
The reports I read state that Wolves (Per Marc Stein) didn't want to do Rose/Rubio in the end. People have to understand, Rose is not regarded as a good player in the league anymore. The best we could do is the team who had a coach he was a MVP for and probably his biggest fan in the league, who ran the basketball operations. He had interest, but not enough to give us Rubio. Stein has clearly stated that Wolves balked at Rubio for Rose.

Right now Rubio is a better asset than Rose.

For Rose, it should give him an indication what his market value is right now. I have my doubts right now that in free agency that Rose gets better than the Dwight Howard/Atlanta contract. 70$ million over 3 years gets you DRose. He may hate that, but there's no way I see any team pay him what he inititally thought his value was.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/23/2017  4:38 PM
LOL. I love everyone griping about Fake News with regards to the fact that Phil did absolutely nothing for a second straight year at the trade deadline.

How can you even defend Phil? We all agreed moving Rose for Rubio was the right move, but they messed it up. That was a simple, easy, good trade and Phil tried to milk it for another asset which he was never getting.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
2/23/2017  4:39 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:The reports I read state that Wolves (Per Marc Stein) didn't want to do Rose/Rubio in the end. People have to understand, Rose is not regarded as a good player in the league anymore. The best we could do is the team who had a coach he was a MVP for and probably his biggest fan in the league, who ran the basketball operations. He had interest, but not enough to give us Rubio. Stein has clearly stated that Wolves balked at Rubio for Rose.

For Rose, it should give him an indication what his market value is right now. I have my doubts right now that in free agency that Rose gets better than the Dwight Howard/Atlanta contract. 70$ million over 3 years gets you DRose. He may hate that, but there's no way I see any team pay him what he inititally thought his value was.

Phil could've gotten Rubio for Rose two days ago. Minnesota approached the Knicks.

Phil tried to get more, Wolves backed away. Phil got nothing.

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
USA
2/23/2017  4:42 PM
crzymdups wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:The reports I read state that Wolves (Per Marc Stein) didn't want to do Rose/Rubio in the end. People have to understand, Rose is not regarded as a good player in the league anymore. The best we could do is the team who had a coach he was a MVP for and probably his biggest fan in the league, who ran the basketball operations. He had interest, but not enough to give us Rubio. Stein has clearly stated that Wolves balked at Rubio for Rose.

Phil could've gotten Rubio for Rose two days ago. Minnesota approached the Knicks.

This. Phil is in a race with Vlade for worst exec in the nba.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/23/2017  4:43 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Says you guys. Anything to build on the narrative that Phil is an idiot.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
knicks1248
Member: #582
2/23/2017  4:54 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:

Jesus, he probably didn't even here his cell blowing up minutes before the dead line..

ES
crzymdups
USA
2/23/2017  4:55 PM
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Says reporters whose livelihood depends on getting these things right.

C'mon, man - you really think this stuff is completely made up?

¿ △ ?
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

2/23/2017  4:56 PM
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

This is what Marc Stein tweeted

"At the finish line, Knicks were willing to deal Rose for Rubio. Wolves balked".

Do we know how a negotiation goes? It does't go "Hey give me your first offer, I'll run and take it".
You go back and forth, and you try to get something done.
You don't go with your best offer until the end.

I wanted Rubio, but I also want to see who we draft and what the situation is like 3 months from now, We will likely look to trade Melo. What if we wind up with a point guard in that trade? Rubio's less valuable in that scenario. What if we draft a point guard? Again rather sign Jennnings and develop the PG we drafted.

So lets see how this all plays out. I want changes and I really wanted Rubio over Rose. However I am excited about the draft, a probably Melo trade, and who Knicks can sign in free agency. I'll reserve judgements until July 15-20, 2017. Hopefully we end up with better than what we may have been able to pull off today.

Vmart
USA
2/23/2017  4:58 PM
crzymdups wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

This is fake shyt. They didn't even sniff out the Mavs trade or Bulls trade or any trade that happened.

crzymdups
USA
2/23/2017  5:01 PM
Vmart wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

This is fake shyt. They didn't even sniff out the Mavs trade or Bulls trade or any trade that happened.

Let me ask you this - why would professional reporters from different media companies make up the same fake news?

If it's fake, why do so many different companies have it down?

¿ △ ?
y2zipper
Member: #3287

2/23/2017  5:03 PM
I understand Phil wanting to get another asset. Rose isn't a good player, but the 25 million dollars in cap space is. Rubio isn't a great player and has injury history plus a long-term deal and can't shoot, so I get wanting to pry another asset from Minnesota in order to make it work. A lot of teams were hanging onto draft picks and the Knicks can tank just fine with what they already have so nothing got done. I can be okay with that.
Knicks did 0

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy