Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/20/2017  10:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/20/2017  10:25 AM
Melo to Cleveland
Shump & Tristan to Minnesota
Lavine, Rubio and Peković to the Knicks

Knicks could take a pick sprinkled here but that's being greedy. We get Rubio and Lavine (on a rookie scale) aka our new starting back court for Melo. Sounds good to me. We do take back a horrible contact but we could buy him out or release him. We could then just let Rose walk to compensate the cap. KP, Willy, Lavine, Rubio, a high draft pick... sounds like a nice rebuild happening here.

Minnesota does it cuz they want to get rid of Rubio and they want to improve the defense. It's rumored Thibbs loves Shumpert. Tristan is a Thibbs kinda guy too. They can put out Tristan, Wiggins, KAT, Dunn and Shump... that's a potential playoff team next year.

Cleveland gets Melo to help compensate for Love... when he comes back they have 4 elite level players on the roster. Melo, Lebron, Love, Kyrie... sprinkle in the rest of their roster and they just reloaded.

#boom

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

2/20/2017  10:29 AM
Why would the Cavs trade their only center and best interior defender who rebounded them to the Finals one year...
EnySpree

2/20/2017  10:34 AM
holfresh wrote:Why would the Cavs trade their only center and best interior defender who rebounded them to the Finals one year...

Read above.... also they all have room to pick up a free agent or make a lateral trade for a big.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/20/2017  10:37 AM
It works on trade machine and Hollinger has the Cavs winning 5 more games.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

2/20/2017  10:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/20/2017  10:48 AM
Eny, you really think Minny would give us Lavine? that constitutes as trade robbery in my opinion. I really doubt that would happen. EDIT: misread the trade. It kinda makes sense, but I agree with holfresh. Tristan was the unsung hero of that finals that can't be replaced by some hypothetical trade deal. Best defender in the league IMO
The Future is Bright!
EnySpree

2/20/2017  10:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/20/2017  10:46 AM
TPercy wrote:Eny, you really think Minny would give us Lavine? that constitutes as trade robbery in my opinion. I really doubt that would happen.

How is it trade robbery if they get Tristan and Shump back? Their team becomes much improved defensively. Next year they could be a playoff team under Thibbs

CrushAlot
USA
2/20/2017  10:50 AM
I think one of the other front offices would need to do the leg work.
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/20/2017  10:57 AM
EnySpree wrote:
holfresh wrote:Why would the Cavs trade their only center and best interior defender who rebounded them to the Finals one year...

Read above.... also they all have room to pick up a free agent or make a lateral trade for a big.

This isn't NBAK17...
VCoug
Member: #1406

2/20/2017  11:00 AM
I don't see Cleveland or Minny agreeing to this. Cleveland can't afford to give up Tristan Thompson without getting a legit center back. And I don't know why Minnesota is trading Lavine for Thompson when they already have KAT. Is it just to get rid of Pekovic?
Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

2/20/2017  11:37 AM
EnySpree wrote:Melo to Cleveland

Knicks could take a pick sprinkled here but that's being greedy. We get Rubio and Lavine (on a rookie scale) aka our new starting back court for Melo. Sounds good to me. We do take back a horrible contact but we could buy him out or release him. We could then just let Rose walk to compensate the cap. KP, Willy, Lavine, Rubio, a high draft pick... sounds like a nice rebuild happening here.

Minnesota does it cuz they want to get rid of Rubio and they want to improve the defense. It's rumored Thibbs loves Shumpert. Tristan is a Thibbs kinda guy too. They can put out Tristan, Wiggins, KAT, Dunn and Shump... that's a potential playoff team next year.

Cleveland gets Melo to help compensate for Love... when he comes back they have 4 elite level players on the roster. Melo, Lebron, Love, Kyrie... sprinkle in the rest of their roster and they just reloaded.

#boom

No other team but the Knicks would do this. The Wolves are fairly set insofar as big men are concerned, so I don't understand the interest in Thompsom. And then Shumpert (and JR) is just straight ass but is benefiting emmensely from the LeBron effect as did some other notable bums like Damon Jones, Booby Gibson, etc. Why would the T'Wolves want any of that, especially if they have to give up a talent like LaVine?

I kinda get the Cavs making the deal for Melo because I think he could sway the title contender conversation toward CLE as a 6th man. On the other hand, what does CLE do to address their bigman situation without Thompson? They are not particularly deep their and become thinner still. Besides, they are not going to beat GSW playing GSW's game; the Warriors are still the best small ball team ever. If the Cavs want to win, they need to take advantage of the Warriors height by preventing them from getting 2nd shots and keeping them off the board, which doesn't happen without Thompson.

NardDogNation

2/20/2017  11:39 AM
VCoug wrote:I don't see Cleveland or Minny agreeing to this. Cleveland can't afford to give up Tristan Thompson without getting a legit center back. And I don't know why Minnesota is trading Lavine for Thompson when they already have KAT. Is it just to get rid of Pekovic?

Pekovic will be able to medically-retire in the not too distant future, so I don't see why the Wolves would opt to move him at all.

EnySpree

2/20/2017  12:27 PM
VCoug wrote:I don't see Cleveland or Minny agreeing to this. Cleveland can't afford to give up Tristan Thompson without getting a legit center back. And I don't know why Minnesota is trading Lavine for Thompson when they already have KAT. Is it just to get rid of Pekovic?

Kat is alone inside. Tristan gets him an enforcer to help him inside. Lavine can't defend yet. Shump still getting paid to play defense. I think it balances out the team. As it stand Minnesota needs experienced players mixed into their youth. Especially now with cousins and Davis together... Kat will need that help.

EnySpree

2/20/2017  12:28 PM
NardDogNation wrote:

Pekovic will be able to medically-retire in the not too distant future, so I don't see why the Wolves would opt to move him at all.

To improve the team

smackeddog
Member: #883
2/20/2017  12:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/20/2017  12:40 PM
Wake up, dreamers, Melo is either staying or going to the Clippers- that's the reality. barman said he'll only consider LA, and Hahn said Cavs has no chance as they won't take on extra salary (and Melo won't want to go to Cleveland- LA gives him more money making opportunities, which are important to him). There will be no Cavs trade, unfortunately.

I think Rose goes to the Mavs for Deron (expiring), Bogut (expiring) and something (hopefully Justin Anderson). I think Courtney Lee goes to Twolves for Rubio

EnySpree

2/20/2017  12:33 PM
NardDogNation wrote:

#boom

No other team but the Knicks would do this. The Wolves are fairly set insofar as big men are concerned, so I don't understand the interest in Thompsom. And then Shumpert (and JR) is just straight ass but is benefiting emmensely from the LeBron effect as did some other notable bums like Damon Jones, Booby Gibson, etc. Why would the T'Wolves want any of that, especially if they have to give up a talent like LaVine?

Cuz they get rid of 2 players they don't need and get 2 players they do need. Lavine is still growing. He's erratic and driving Thibbs crazy. They said they need too tightend the defense and this does it for them. If Dunn takes the next step and the draft well, that would offset the Lavine potential... this trade helps accelerate winning for them

NardDogNation

2/20/2017  12:42 PM
EnySpree wrote:

Kat is alone inside. Tristan gets him an enforcer to help him inside. Lavine can't defend yet. Shump still getting paid to play defense. I think it balances out the team. As it stand Minnesota needs experienced players mixed into their youth. Especially now with cousins and Davis together... Kat will need that help.

Gourgui Dieng is a pretty good player, albeit a poor fit next to KAT. Even so, I think it's unfair to say KAT is "alone" in the paint. Besides, the league is moving away from a two big format ao why would the Wolves foolishly value continuing the tradition?

NardDogNation

2/20/2017  12:48 PM
EnySpree wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

#boom

Cuz they get rid of 2 players they don't need and get 2 players they do need. Lavine is still growing. He's erratic and driving Thibbs crazy. They said they need too tightend the defense and this does it for them. If Dunn takes the next step and the draft well, that would offset the Lavine potential... this trade helps accelerate winning for them

Ginobili drove Pop crazy when he first started coaching him too. It doesn't mean they would've traded him for the modern day equivalent of Shannon Anderson. And I've heard multiple reporters suggest that Andrew Wiggins is the bigger problem with that team, not Lavine. I'm not sure I agree with that but Wiggins definitely seems to only be concerned about scoring the ball and could likely fetch a better deal.

I also doubt they look to compound the issue by going with a two big format, if defense is your concern. Most teams are rolling out swingmen at the 4 spot, so I don't see how it'd be a good idea to play a big against that if your intent is to be good defensively.

EnySpree

2/20/2017  1:05 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Gourgui Dieng is a pretty good player, albeit a poor fit next to KAT. Even so, I think it's unfair to say KAT is "alone" in the paint. Besides, the league is moving away from a two big format ao why would the Wolves foolishly value continuing the tradition?

Their record is wise than the Knicks... KAT is alone inside. And after the pelicans made the trade for cousins, you still say the league is moving away from two bigs front court? Btw... Tristan isn't close to as talented as KAT. Tristan is a double doubles energy guy. KAT needs that next to him. With Dieng off the bench, now you are talking about a playoff caliber front court with Wiggins. Dunn, Shumpert their current bench and their draft pick will improve the back court. That's a good situation for them

NardDogNation

2/20/2017  1:12 PM
EnySpree wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Their record is wise than the Knicks... KAT is alone inside. And after the pelicans made the trade for cousins, you still say the league is moving away from two bigs front court? Btw... Tristan isn't close to as talented as KAT. Tristan is a double doubles energy guy. KAT needs that next to him. With Dieng off the bench, now you are talking about a playoff caliber front court with Wiggins. Dunn, Shumpert their current bench and their draft pick will improve the back court. That's a good situation for them

You're using one of the worst run teams in the league and a current lottery team as evidence that two-big formats are still relevant? In spite of the talent upgrade, people are still skeptical of the Pelicans even making playoffs.

As for the Wolves, they will still be "playoff caliber" next year as presently constructed. People are forgetting that their core is only 21 years old and by no means a finished product. They are still maturing and need time to actually grow. Trading for two overrated players doesn't help that process.

CrushAlot
USA
2/20/2017  1:17 PM
smackeddog wrote:Wake up, dreamers, Melo is either staying or going to the Clippers- that's the reality. barman said he'll only consider LA, and Hahn said Cavs has no chance as they won't take on extra salary (and Melo won't want to go to Cleveland- LA gives him more money making opportunities, which are important to him). There will be no Cavs trade, unfortunately.

I think Rose goes to the Mavs for Deron (expiring), Bogut (expiring) and something (hopefully Justin Anderson). I think Courtney Lee goes to Twolves for Rubio

THose are interesting trades that could happen.
Trade idea with Cleveland & Minnesota

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy