Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
2/19/2017  3:18 PM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I've always assumed that Woj's main source is someone in the NBA office that approves trades, so he's usually first for finalized trades. with anything pre that stage of a trade , his sources are as unreliable as anyone else's

He knows all the agents and a few front agent guys. There was an article a few years ago explaining how he got his stories. He's rarely wrong.

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/19/2017  3:18 PM
Seems Wizards and Pacers will give up a first, the former for bench depth, the latter for backcourt and front court help. I think we could send KOQ or Jennings to wizards- would you do it for a first (at this rate, it will be pretty late in the draft due to the way the wizards are soaring
crzymdups
USA
2/19/2017  3:20 PM
smackeddog wrote:Seems Wizards and Pacers will give up a first, the former for bench depth, the latter for backcourt and front court help. I think we could send KOQ or Jennings to wizards- would you do it for a first (at this rate, it will be pretty late in the draft due to the way the wizards are soaring

At this point - yes. If we could get a late first rounder it may be something we could use to move up a spot or two in the lottery to get our guy.

Some years a spot or two doesn't matter. But in 2008 we had the 6th pick and got Gallo. Westbrook went 4th and Love went 5th. In 2009 we picked Jordan Hill 8th and Steph Curry went 7th

¿ △ ?
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/19/2017  5:46 PM
Cavs trade exemptions expire Monday, they have a $4mil one that could absorb KOQ, so reduces the chance of a Melo & KOQ to cavs trade if it's not done by then.
crzymdups
USA
2/19/2017  6:06 PM

I still really don't understand this idea to try to pair AD with a ball dominant front court guy. It seems idiotic frankly.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
2/19/2017  6:07 PM
smackeddog wrote:Cavs trade exemptions expire Monday, they have a $4mil one that could absorb KOQ, so reduces the chance of a Melo & KOQ to cavs trade if it's not done by then.

I wonder if there's a way they could use that to just get Jennings?

I don't know if I see a Melo trade happening at this point.

¿ △ ?
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

2/19/2017  6:22 PM
crzymdups wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Seems Wizards and Pacers will give up a first, the former for bench depth, the latter for backcourt and front court help. I think we could send KOQ or Jennings to wizards- would you do it for a first (at this rate, it will be pretty late in the draft due to the way the wizards are soaring

At this point - yes. If we could get a late first rounder it may be something we could use to move up a spot or two in the lottery to get our guy.

Some years a spot or two doesn't matter. But in 2008 we had the 6th pick and got Gallo. Westbrook went 4th and Love went 5th. In 2009 we picked Jordan Hill 8th and Steph Curry went 7th

true. Plus we have a few 2nd rounders we could use to move around. I expect to to at least get a couple more 2nds at the deadline
crzymdups
USA
2/19/2017  6:27 PM

Sweet Jesus. How does Sacramento say no to this trade? Do it now, Sacto!!

¿ △ ?
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

2/19/2017  7:37 PM
nixluva wrote:Could be a smokescreen but trading Melo was always going to be tough for all the reasons NTC and more. Still could see a smaller move being made.

I'm not quite sure why people don't see the handwriting on the wall. If Phil Jackson was staying past this season, odds are Melo would waive his NTC to go somewhere else. His refusal is basically him playing a game of chicken with Phil Jackson, and if he's not traded by the deadline, then Phil Jackson will either be fired or be asked to retire with full pay.

There's no more loss for Jackson here. He drafted Hernangomez and Zinger, so he can say he did something positive and if blame is to be spread, it will burn out on Melo and Dolan.

I wager Phil Jackson is as good as gone at this point.

Bill Simmons pointed it out clearly, Melo has never lost a power struggle in his entire career. His teams have suffered for it , of course, but he's never NOT gotten his way.

BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
2/19/2017  7:52 PM
crzymdups wrote:

Terrible trade for Sacramento. Not sure what u r looking at

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/19/2017  7:57 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
nixluva wrote:Could be a smokescreen but trading Melo was always going to be tough for all the reasons NTC and more. Still could see a smaller move being made.

I'm not quite sure why people don't see the handwriting on the wall. If Phil Jackson was staying past this season, odds are Melo would waive his NTC to go somewhere else. His refusal is basically him playing a game of chicken with Phil Jackson, and if he's not traded by the deadline, then Phil Jackson will either be fired or be asked to retire with full pay.

There's no more loss for Jackson here. He drafted Hernangomez and Zinger, so he can say he did something positive and if blame is to be spread, it will burn out on Melo and Dolan.

I wager Phil Jackson is as good as gone at this point.

Bill Simmons pointed it out clearly, Melo has never lost a power struggle in his entire career. His teams have suffered for it , of course, but he's never NOT gotten his way.

I think this is most likely what Melo is doing but I think he will actually LOSE this time. Phil doesn't have to trade Melo to still achieve part of what he wants to do with the Knicks. Melo would be surrounded by kids and only getting older and with fewer options to play on a team that's ready to challenge for a Title. Kind of dumb on Melo's part. Phil would be in a more solid position with a new 1st rd Draft Pick plus other young new talent and Melo the odd man out on a rebuilding roster.

crzymdups
USA
2/19/2017  9:32 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Uh, they'd get two lotto picks in one of the best lottos of all time and wouldn't have to pay Boogie Cousins the $200m he's asking for? Seems like a win to me.

¿ △ ?
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/19/2017  9:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/19/2017  9:54 PM
crzymdups wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Uh, they'd get two lotto picks in one of the best lottos of all time and wouldn't have to pay Boogie Cousins the $200m he's asking for? Seems like a win to me.

Boogie, AD and Holiday in their primes will be a lottery team??..Surround them with three point shooters..
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
2/19/2017  10:13 PM
crzymdups wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

One lottery pick. The next #1 won't be that good . Cousins is the best center in the league. Need much more for him if you are going to trade him. Sacramento would be awful after this trade

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

2/19/2017  10:19 PM
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Boogie, AD and Holiday in their primes will be a lottery team??..Surround them with three point shooters..

N.O. only 2.5 games out of the playoffs. Denver #8, Blazers and Kings ahead of them. Kings would drop without Cousins...Blazers might sell off players.

They would definitely have a chance to squeeze in at 8 this year.

Really depends on Cousins and how he decides to react to the trade...No?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
crzymdups
USA
2/19/2017  10:27 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

One lottery pick. The next #1 won't be that good . Cousins is the best center in the league. Need much more for him if you are going to trade him. Sacramento would be awful after this trade

Cousins and Jrue Holiday are both about to be free agents. Can NO sign them both?

By two lotto picks in this draft I meant Sacramento's own and New Orleans' pick.

Mainly I don't think Cousins and AD would work on the floor together. But I would not turn that trade down if I were Sacramento. I also like Buddy Hield though.

¿ △ ?
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/19/2017  10:33 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

N.O. only 2.5 games out of the playoffs. Denver #8, Blazers and Kings ahead of them. Kings would drop without Cousins...Blazers might sell off players.

They would definitely have a chance to squeeze in at 8 this year.

Really depends on Cousins and how he decides to react to the trade...No?

Yep..Always scary thinking about making that type of investment on a guy like Cousins..
crzymdups
USA
2/19/2017  10:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/19/2017  10:59 PM

Sounds like Cousins may be on the move for real this time. He played only 2 minutes in the game tonight. Every other guy played at least 13.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
2/19/2017  11:01 PM

Based on this, I'd bet the final two teams are Boston and New Orleans.

Boston gets Cousins, the East could get verrrrry interesting with Love out for a while. Boston gets Cousins, Cleveland may feel the need for Melo with a side of KOQ.

¿ △ ?
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

2/20/2017  1:52 AM

Jennings for Trey Burke works financially. I don't think the difference in talent is large enough to demand a 1st though and the Wiz don't have a 2nd round pick this year to give up.

Trade deadline trades and rumors

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy