[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trade deadline trades and rumors
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
2/14/2017  11:21 AM
Toronto gets Serge Ibaka. Great move for them. I think he can be really good in the right situation.

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/14/2017  11:26 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

I don't understand this trade. Cavs are getting a 2nd rounder and clearing space. Is this just a money issue? Where the Hornets get cash for the service?

smackeddog
Member: #883
2/14/2017  2:21 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I don't understand this trade. Cavs are getting a 2nd rounder and clearing space. Is this just a money issue? Where the Hornets get cash for the service?

Cavs clear a roster spot for a PG signing and save money- although the salary was only $1.5 mil, since they're over the luxury tax threshold, they save a lot more.

NYKBocker
USA
2/14/2017  2:28 PM
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Cavs clear a roster spot for a PG signing and save money- although the salary was only $1.5 mil, since they're over the luxury tax threshold, they save a lot more.

but why do the Hornets do it?

crzymdups
USA
2/14/2017  2:29 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Cavs gave the Hornets money.

¿ △ ?
smackeddog
2/14/2017  2:30 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Cavs aren't getting the second rounder, the Hornets are

NYKBocker
USA
2/14/2017  2:33 PM
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Am I reading this wrong?

crzymdups
USA
2/14/2017  3:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/14/2017  3:49 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Am I reading this wrong?

You're correct - it was a pure cash deal. The pick going to Cleveland is top 55 protected. Hornets can just waive Andersen with no cap impact, whereas the Cavs have a luxury tax bill, so getting Andersen off the books means a lower luxury tax bill at the end of the year. Hornets get some money for doing the paperwork. Seems essentially meaningless, but maybe the Hornets got $100,000 or $200,000 out of it?

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/cavs-free-up-roster-spot-save-cash-by-trading-injured-chris-andersen-to-hornets/

¿ △ ?
smackeddog
2/14/2017  3:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/14/2017  3:51 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Am I reading this wrong?

I think he's writing it wrong, or I read it wrong. Actually the pick is so heavily protected they won't get it. So basically hornets did it for some money

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

2/14/2017  4:04 PM
crzymdups wrote:Toronto gets Serge Ibaka. Great move for them. I think he can be really good in the right situation.

Well they're already good and getting Ibaka will help make them better.

Kemet
Member: #6148

2/14/2017  6:41 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Why do Portland get a first? Nurkic has looked pretty good at times, I like this deal a lot for them.

Nurkic sucks and Mason is a good center. However, I do not see why Denver would do this when you have Jokic and still have to pay Plumlee coming up. Denver front office seems content with being stuck in mediocrity

Plumlee/Jokic/and Willie brother Juancho Hernangomez = Camby/K.Martin/Nene/Birdman without Ball-Hogger ISO-Melo .. great move by Denver

Kemet
Member: #6148

2/14/2017  7:01 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Toronto gets Serge Ibaka. Great move for them. I think he can be really good in the right situation.

Raptors really need Ibaka for the playoffs last season the Pacers almost knocked them out of the playoffs

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/14/2017  8:31 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/14/2017  11:35 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Could be a smokescreen but trading Melo was always going to be tough for all the reasons NTC and more. Still could see a smaller move being made.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

2/15/2017  9:24 AM
Kemet wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Raptors really need Ibaka for the playoffs last season the Pacers almost knocked them out of the playoffs

Last year it was B.Biyombo that stepped up for the Raptors big time in the playoffs and i can see Ibaka doing what Biyombo did plus more on offense so this should be a good move for them.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

2/15/2017  9:40 AM
If Horny sticks with a rotation which he has not most of the season, and we follow that:

Hernangomez/Noah/Plumlee
Porzingis/O'Quinn
Melo/Thomas/Kuzminskas
Lee/Holiday/Vujacic/Baker
Rose/Jennings

If we look at our roster, the make up, the smaller moves we could/should make is to move Lee since we could probably promote Holiday to full starter and not lose that much. Baker and Sasha can help Holiday at 2. I could see a team that needs some wing depth trade for Lee. An expiring contract and a late first round pick may be possible. Would open up even more capspace for the Knicks in the summer and give them more draft picks. It would also give the Knicks a better shot at keeping Holiday. You'd award him the same type of contract Lee makes. Holiday is younger, more athletic and a better defender. Not as great a shooter or scorer, but we don't need that as much as we need the speed, defense and athleticism.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

2/15/2017  10:59 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:If Horny sticks with a rotation which he has not most of the season, and we follow that:

Hernangomez/Noah/Plumlee
Porzingis/O'Quinn
Melo/Thomas/Kuzminskas
Rose/Jennings

If we look at our roster, the make up, the smaller moves we could/should make is to move Lee since we could probably promote Holiday to full starter and not lose that much. Baker and Sasha can help Holiday at 2. I could see a team that needs some wing depth trade for Lee. An expiring contract and a late first round pick may be possible. Would open up even more capspace for the Knicks in the summer and give them more draft picks. It would also give the Knicks a better shot at keeping Holiday. You'd award him the same type of contract Lee makes. Holiday is younger, more athletic and a better defender. Not as great a shooter or scorer, but we don't need that as much as we need the speed, defense and athleticism.

The issue is that we NEED to lose, not win. By winning we reduce our options in the draft. Bad plan. They should waive Rose immediately if they don't trade him. They should trade KoQ, too. Let's not screw up our rebuild by making the playoffs this season.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/15/2017  11:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/15/2017  11:07 AM
Moonangie wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:If Horny sticks with a rotation which he has not most of the season, and we follow that:

Hernangomez/Noah/Plumlee
Porzingis/O'Quinn
Melo/Thomas/Kuzminskas
Rose/Jennings

The issue is that we NEED to lose, not win. By winning we reduce our options in the draft. Bad plan. They should waive Rose immediately if they don't trade him. They should trade KoQ, too. Let's not screw up our rebuild by making the playoffs this season.

The next loss could cement Phil's mind about making smaller trades to break the thing up! This OKC game could be huge. A loss tonight could be the final nail in the coffin for this roster.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/19/2017  2:48 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
smackeddog
2/19/2017  3:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/19/2017  3:12 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

I've always assumed that Woj's main source is someone in the NBA office that approves trades, so he's usually first for finalized trades. with anything pre that stage of a trade , his sources are as unreliable as anyone else's

Trade deadline trades and rumors

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy