[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo's Camp Believes Phil Trying To Get Him To Waive No-Trade
Author Thread
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/24/2017  12:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/24/2017  12:31 PM
I would guess many posters out there working the jobs they hate because they are paid good money.
Why Melo should be different. He is normal person who get money and settings he wanted.
Something needs to give.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/24/2017  12:33 PM
Nalod wrote:
fishmike wrote:Knicks have 2 weeks to decide what the plan is. If they show signs of life and they start winning some games OK, then you stay on course and work on getting this group into the playoffs.

If the Knicks decide to be sellers simple be transparent with Melo. Tell them they may look to move some guys to aquire more future pieces and they are going to focus on the draft. If Melo is good with sticking through those times I would simply make it clear what we expect from him a player.

Essentially these are the kinds of situations the Knicks totally screw up.

Mostly Melo does not want to take a public relations hit on this, and I'll take it as his word that he does not want to move.
He has two more years on his contract and if he moves to a contender, like the Clippers, he will be the last man standing because all the contracts expire before. Thus, more turmoil for him.
I don't see a deal with Cleveland unless they move Love, and then Melo is the PF? Do we even want Love? For now, he and KP are similar.
He is not going to Houstan with MDA. Never say never.
Melo to Lakers, but I'd want some yoot in return. Not a contender, but a starphuch with better weather.
Miami would be a good place for him, but Riles is rebuilding.
Boston could be good, but it would be hard to send salary back to us and we need that brooklyn pick!!!
Celts would be potentially giving up franchise talent. There could be a scenario where we can swap for the pick, thus they still get a very good pick likely. In a deep draft, they could actually do just as good if they pick right.

Love would be fine because thats a flippable asset for sure. I bet you could get Brewer/Ariza/Beverly and a pair of #1s for Love and Baker to Houston. Something like that... I think Love is moveable commodity if you wanted to get another team involved. Cle has some other parts they could use as well. Not to focus on that specifically, just that there are plenty of options IMO. Sadly I dont talk to NBA GMs
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/24/2017  12:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/24/2017  12:38 PM
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:
fishmike wrote:Knicks have 2 weeks to decide what the plan is. If they show signs of life and they start winning some games OK, then you stay on course and work on getting this group into the playoffs.

If the Knicks decide to be sellers simple be transparent with Melo. Tell them they may look to move some guys to aquire more future pieces and they are going to focus on the draft. If Melo is good with sticking through those times I would simply make it clear what we expect from him a player.

Mostly Melo does not want to take a public relations hit on this, and I'll take it as his word that he does not want to move.
He has two more years on his contract and if he moves to a contender, like the Clippers, he will be the last man standing because all the contracts expire before. Thus, more turmoil for him.
I don't see a deal with Cleveland unless they move Love, and then Melo is the PF? Do we even want Love? For now, he and KP are similar.
Melo to Lakers, but I'd want some yoot in return. Not a contender, but a starphuch with better weather.
Boston could be good, but it would be hard to send salary back to us and we need that brooklyn pick!!!
Celts would be potentially giving up franchise talent. There could be a scenario where we can swap for the pick, thus they still get a very good pick likely. In a deep draft, they could actually do just as good if they pick right.

Love would be fine because thats a flippable asset for sure. I bet you could get Brewer/Ariza/Beverly and a pair of #1s for Love and Baker to Houston. Something like that... I think Love is moveable commodity if you wanted to get another team involved. Cle has some other parts they could use as well. Not to focus on that specifically, just that there are plenty of options IMO. Sadly I dont talk to NBA GMs

If Cle will lose the chip to Warriors they may consider to rent Melo for a year. Kind of to compensate KD...
Cle sucks for Melo as a city but he can win a chip or at least make a run and enjoy a lot winning around LeBron and Irving.
And they will keep him in check form ISO to much.
Nice way to retire for him. Glorious...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

1/24/2017  1:04 PM
arkrud wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:

If Cle will lose the chip to Warriors they may consider to rent Melo for a year. Kind of to compensate KD...
Cle sucks for Melo as a city but he can win a chip or at least make a run and enjoy a lot winning around LeBron and Irving.
And they will keep him in check form ISO to much.
Nice way to retire for him. Glorious...

But would Boston want KLove for that first rounder? If not, then what's the point for the Knicks. Love has no passion for NYC. We'd need any move of Melo to actually improve our draft prospects.

newyorker4ever
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5816

1/24/2017  3:58 PM
Chandler wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
EnySpree wrote:It's not about Phil. It's about Melo. He needs to pass the ball. He holds it way too much. It kills games. We can't give it to him 7-8 plays straight. It kills the momentum.... dont get me wrong we need Melo to do his thing....but not every time down. He's got to move the ball. Hornacek isn't calling for Melo to iso. You can see Melo stalling where you have to give it to him.

I'm frustrated with the bull**** now. It's not all on Melo. Rose calls his number too and has been turning the ball over and bypassing open players to jam it inside....the refs aren't giving him calls. Noah is a step slow on every play. The perimeter defense keeps getting caught in the paint... it's like wtf.

Melo has been doing much better with the iso though. He only really does now when his guys aren't moving around enough and one doesn't get open for him to pass it to and then he'll go iso cause the clock is running down.

maybe he is doing a little better, but not last night to end the third when he got complacent and he thought he was entitled to go 1 on 5. And if he didn't hit those clutch shots last night (intermixed with boneheaded D on a 93% FT shooter)we'd be saying a different story. I was very glad to see him go to the rim more, and hope he does try to move the ball more.

the whole team plays better on offense and defense when the ball moves. Our win last night and against the Celts was because of the second unit, not Melo.

Ummmmmmmmmm.....Melo didn't win that game last night?? The 2nd unit did great to get us back in that game for sure and there's no denying that but Melo won that game in the end.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/24/2017  4:04 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
Chandler wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
EnySpree wrote:It's not about Phil. It's about Melo. He needs to pass the ball. He holds it way too much. It kills games. We can't give it to him 7-8 plays straight. It kills the momentum.... dont get me wrong we need Melo to do his thing....but not every time down. He's got to move the ball. Hornacek isn't calling for Melo to iso. You can see Melo stalling where you have to give it to him.

I'm frustrated with the bull**** now. It's not all on Melo. Rose calls his number too and has been turning the ball over and bypassing open players to jam it inside....the refs aren't giving him calls. Noah is a step slow on every play. The perimeter defense keeps getting caught in the paint... it's like wtf.

Melo has been doing much better with the iso though. He only really does now when his guys aren't moving around enough and one doesn't get open for him to pass it to and then he'll go iso cause the clock is running down.

maybe he is doing a little better, but not last night to end the third when he got complacent and he thought he was entitled to go 1 on 5. And if he didn't hit those clutch shots last night (intermixed with boneheaded D on a 93% FT shooter)we'd be saying a different story. I was very glad to see him go to the rim more, and hope he does try to move the ball more.

the whole team plays better on offense and defense when the ball moves. Our win last night and against the Celts was because of the second unit, not Melo.

Ummmmmmmmmm.....Melo didn't win that game last night?? The 2nd unit did great to get us back in that game for sure and there's no denying that but Melo won that game in the end.

This. Also, there is a school of thought that Phil doesn't want to be seen as the bad guy that tells Melo to leave. He wants it to appear Melo is abandoning NY.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/25/2017  11:25 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Chandler wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

This. Also, there is a school of thought that Phil doesn't want to be seen as the bad guy that tells Melo to leave. He wants it to appear Melo is abandoning NY.

Im not sure that is entirely true. Phil can sell moving Melo as "Direction changing move" but seems a bit premature to bail on the current squad. I don't think this team is unfixable.
Dolan and knicks really do need to make the playoffs and I would not expect a late season trade. Melo MIGHT ( I don't speak for him)find it undesirable to join a team for the last 25 games for two reasons:

1. Is it a real chip if you just join for a playoff run? Might seem "Poser", not gratifying, and not brand building.
2. Cavs are the champs. If he goes to Cle and they don't win, he will get blasted regardless of fault.

Thus I think a deal is highly unlikely. Steven A. is really making a reach and it helps his ratings.
Im only using logic as my guildline.

Back on point, I don't think Phil cares about being the bad guy here. If its right for the franchise He'll do it. Right now the team is not turned on their coach, nor are they playing god awful basketball.
They are having chemistry problems. Some of it is not all bad, we have Baker and Willy playing very well at times. Kuz looked lost in Indy, but his play has been good.

We as fans were ready to dump KOQ at the start of the season and now he is playing real well. Its a long season, one that is only half finished. Or half still to go! Depends on how you look at it!

Chandler
Member: #6197

1/25/2017  12:24 PM
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Chandler wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Im not sure that is entirely true. Phil can sell moving Melo as "Direction changing move" but seems a bit premature to bail on the current squad. I don't think this team is unfixable.
Dolan and knicks really do need to make the playoffs and I would not expect a late season trade. Melo MIGHT ( I don't speak for him)find it undesirable to join a team for the last 25 games for two reasons:

1. Is it a real chip if you just join for a playoff run? Might seem "Poser", not gratifying, and not brand building.
2. Cavs are the champs. If he goes to Cle and they don't win, he will get blasted regardless of fault.

Thus I think a deal is highly unlikely. Steven A. is really making a reach and it helps his ratings.
Im only using logic as my guildline.

Back on point, I don't think Phil cares about being the bad guy here. If its right for the franchise He'll do it. Right now the team is not turned on their coach, nor are they playing god awful basketball.
They are having chemistry problems. Some of it is not all bad, we have Baker and Willy playing very well at times. Kuz looked lost in Indy, but his play has been good.

We as fans were ready to dump KOQ at the start of the season and now he is playing real well. Its a long season, one that is only half finished. Or half still to go! Depends on how you look at it!

devils advocate: given Melo's age, clevland is by far the best opportunity for him to get a chip. GS is stacked and doesn't want him. SAS don't want him for same reasons. Clevland could want him at PF because they feel they need more scoring against GS? Love or Tristan Thomas would have to be involved somehow

Having said that, I don't see it happening. I think we're stuck with Melo and that's ok. We just need to start treating him for what he is, a very good, star (but not superstar) player.

(5)(5)
Chandler

1/25/2017  12:27 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
Chandler wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

no doubt he came up big when it mattered most, but FWIW he was -1 and many of the bench guys were like +10. I am very happy he hit that shot (both for the team's sake and his own confidence going forward); i still think he's too content to trade baskets with other team

(5)(5)
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

1/25/2017  12:45 PM
Chandler wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Chandler wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

no doubt he came up big when it mattered most, but FWIW he was -1 and many of the bench guys were like +10. I am very happy he hit that shot (both for the team's sake and his own confidence going forward); i still think he's too content to trade baskets with other team

That's really the important point. Melo is such a dependable scorer (albeit on volume shooting in an offense-disrupting iso mode, and nowadays not THAT dependable) that he feels like he can shoot his way into keeping games close, then pull out a win in the final seconds.

We need a leader who focuses on team dynamics, not personal scoring ability. We need a leader who shows defensive grit, who hustles all the time, who elevates his entire team. That's not Melo. Not even close.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/25/2017  12:46 PM
Hard to have Anthony and Rose on the same team.

You look at James and Irving and you know that James can be a Melo type scorer, but can also be a true point forward and the facilitate for the entire offense.

Anthony had his best year ever assist-wise last year, but can never be the kind distributor James has been (7.0APG for his career!).

I think our offense would have similar issues if Irving was our PG, despite the fact that he's better than Rose at this point, although Irving's 3pt shooting is a very big difference, and would help spread the offense more.

I think Rose is more of an issue than Anthony, therefore, but Anthony has more value than him at this point.

Cavs would be a good fit for him if they could pick up another PG...I'm not a Love fan, though, and would rather do a 3way.
My post on another thread was to do a 3 way with Boston to get some of their picks, with Love going to them and Anthony to the Cavs.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/25/2017  12:50 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Hard to have Anthony and Rose on the same team.

You look at James and Irving and you know that James can be a Melo type scorer, but can also be a true point forward and the facilitate for the entire offense.

Anthony had his best year ever assist-wise last year, but can never be the kind distributor James has been (7.0APG for his career!).

I think our offense would have similar issues if Irving was our PG, despite the fact that he's better than Rose at this point, although Irving's 3pt shooting is a very big difference, and would help spread the offense more.

I think Rose is more of an issue than Anthony, therefore, but Anthony has more value than him at this point.

Cavs would be a good fit for him if they could pick up another PG...I'm not a Love fan, though, and would rather do a 3way.
My post on another thread was to do a 3 way with Boston to get some of their picks, with Love going to them and Anthony to the Cavs.

Rose is like a PG version of Amare. A bull to the basket with explosiveness.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/25/2017  1:10 PM
For what it is worth...

SAS saying his sources are telling him that the Celtics actually have a significant interest in Anthony, and that under the right circumstances, Anthony would consent to a trade to Boston.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/25/2017  1:15 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Chandler wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

This is soooooo stupid. I am not calling you out Crush, rather I agree with it. If I was GM I would simply be transparent. There doesnt have to be games. If we arent winning you sit down with Melo and be honest. Sorry this didnt work, we did the best with what was available without damaging our future. If you want to stay great, but understand we will be taking a step back to hopefully take two steps forward. That may include mentoring young players. If that isnt something that interests you at this stage of your career than I understand and respect that as well. If your preference is to look at other options give me a list of teams and I will start the talks.

How hard is that?

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Chandler

1/25/2017  1:22 PM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Chandler wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

This is soooooo stupid. I am not calling you out Crush, rather I agree with it. If I was GM I would simply be transparent. There doesnt have to be games. If we arent winning you sit down with Melo and be honest. Sorry this didnt work, we did the best with what was available without damaging our future. If you want to stay great, but understand we will be taking a step back to hopefully take two steps forward. That may include mentoring young players. If that isnt something that interests you at this stage of your career than I understand and respect that as well. If your preference is to look at other options give me a list of teams and I will start the talks.

How hard is that?

That's the right way to do it.

(5)(5)
Melo's Camp Believes Phil Trying To Get Him To Waive No-Trade

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy