[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

This game really shows the difference Rubio could make
Author Thread
newyorker4ever
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5816

1/24/2017  9:36 AM
sealy wrote:If CP3 is a an absolute no, then yes I'd be more than happy with Rubio and drafting/signing a two way player in offseason.

I just think CP3, while older, would bring a certain intangible that would help, not only KP but, Melo and this team as a whole. Then you could draft a PG to sit and learn behind him.

I'm sure CP3 is on top of most all of our lists of PG signings to make this off season but i would also think that Melo would already know if there's any chance of Paul coming to New York. I'd take Rubio now if we could get him and then guys like J.Holiday, J.Teague and G.Hill would be good gets as well.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/24/2017  9:48 AM
What will those guys cost as free agents?
and will rose get that kind of money, or more as he seeks?

Rose protects the ball so well he does not get fouled. His shot seemingly hits the front rim frequently.

Welpee
Member: #6239

1/24/2017  12:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/24/2017  12:49 PM
Knixkik wrote:He would do wonders for KP and Willy. He's a great defender and even though he can't score, he's a good free throw shooter and playmaker obviously. Willy seeing more minutes can compensate for some of Rose's scoring. Plus KP will improve his scoring and efficiency with a real pg. Rubio is only 26 and has two years left on his deal so he's worth the gamble either at the trade deadline or in the offseason.
Steals doesn't equal "great defender." Iverson also had a lot of steals. The biggest myth in the NBA is that Rubio is a good defender. If Rubio becomes a Knick watch how quickly the fan base turns on him. Rubio is WAY overrated and has never lived up to his hype. I would take Jrue Holiday over Rubio any day.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/24/2017  2:47 PM
Welpee wrote:
Knixkik wrote:He would do wonders for KP and Willy. He's a great defender and even though he can't score, he's a good free throw shooter and playmaker obviously. Willy seeing more minutes can compensate for some of Rose's scoring. Plus KP will improve his scoring and efficiency with a real pg. Rubio is only 26 and has two years left on his deal so he's worth the gamble either at the trade deadline or in the offseason.
Steals doesn't equal "great defender." Iverson also had a lot of steals. The biggest myth in the NBA is that Rubio is a good defender. If Rubio becomes a Knick watch how quickly the fan base turns on him. Rubio is WAY overrated and has never lived up to his hype. I would take Jrue Holiday over Rubio any day.

I don't think anyone feels Rubio is better than Jrue. I think this is more about being able to secure a player who can help fill glaring needs. Jrue will have his pick of destinations and the Knicks would be competing with a lot of teams. Rubio would be a trade and much easier to get.

SwishAndDish13
Member: #5700

1/24/2017  2:51 PM
Welpee wrote:

Not a knock, but a legit question, do people actually think Rubio is a good defender? That's pretty surprising if true. I am personally not a fan of Rubio. You have to be able to knock down shots with some consistency or at least defend. I'd sooner role the dice on another guard in FA. His injury issues on top of his flaws are a hard pass for me.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/24/2017  3:47 PM
Welpee wrote:

Actually, you're right about his defense. I just looked into the player tracking data.
Bonn1997
USA
1/24/2017  3:48 PM
nixluva wrote:
Welpee wrote:

I don't think anyone feels Rubio is better than Jrue. I think this is more about being able to secure a player who can help fill glaring needs. Jrue will have his pick of destinations and the Knicks would be competing with a lot of teams. Rubio would be a trade and much easier to get.

Less than zero interest in Jrue. He's just another chucker who shoots about as bad as the worst team in the league. If getting high PPG players resulted in winning, we'd have one of the best franchises in the league the past 10 years.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/24/2017  4:12 PM
nixluva wrote:
Welpee wrote:

I think he gets maxed in NOLA. Also, they were very supportive of him during his wife's illness. I don't think he leaves but if he does there will be a lot of suitors as you say.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
USA
1/24/2017  4:21 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Welpee wrote:

I think he gets maxed in NOLA. Also, they were very supportive of him during his wife's illness. I don't think he leaves but if he does there will be a lot of suitors as you say.

I'm done with the pipe dream sexy player of the month stuff! We haven't had success getting those players and I don't see the Knicks getting Jrue either. Now Rubio is a different story. He's not a hot name but his PG Skills are legit and very much what we need. We have scoring talent but no one to run the team! I say stop playing around and make a deal for a PG that has elite passing skills that we need!!!

Bonn1997
USA
1/24/2017  4:31 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Welpee wrote:

I'm done with the pipe dream sexy player of the month stuff! We haven't had success getting those players and I don't see the Knicks getting Jrue either. Now Rubio is a different story. He's not a hot name but his PG Skills are legit and very much what we need. We have scoring talent but no one to run the team! I say stop playing around and make a deal for a PG that has elite passing skills that we need!!!

His defense and shooting bad though. I know I supported getting him earlier (before looking into it more) but he's got too many weaknesses to pay him $14 mil a year. Maybe if we were trying to immediately win a few more games it would make sense but that's not us. Phil has gotten us productive Cs and an SF for just a few mil a year. I'd rather he kept trying to do that. The guys that he brings in for $12 or 20 mil are barely contributing more than the $2 mil players.

CrushAlot
USA
1/24/2017  4:43 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Welpee wrote:

His defense and shooting bad though. I know I supported getting him earlier (before looking into it more) but he's got too many weaknesses to pay him $14 mil a year. Maybe if we were trying to immediately win a few more games it would make sense but that's not us. Phil has gotten us productive Cs and an SF for just a few mil a year. I'd rather he kept trying to do that. The guys that he brings in for $12 or 20 mil are barely contributing more than the $2 mil players.

I don't watch the Wolves except for when they play the Knicks. Rubio's rep is that he is a good defender. Is that not accurate? I haven't seen him play enough to say that he is or isn't.
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
1/24/2017  4:44 PM
Rubio is interesting but not sure how the fit would work... Rubio next to Lee means better defense and ok shooting. Rubio next to Rose suggests Rose can penetrate and score, but no outside shooting and not sure if Rose will let Rubio facilitate. Think it could work but would have to run it by Melo first :)... any ball dominant point guard (aside from Billups and Rose) has always deferred to Melo (eg Lin, Felton). Thinking if they did this, let Rose walk and (eventually) move Melo - Rubio would work great with KP and the younger players!
nixluva
USA
1/24/2017  4:45 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Welpee wrote:

I actually don't think Rubio's lack of shooting will impact the team negatively. We already have poor shooting PG's but the difference is Rubio's passing ability would enhance our shooters and bigs.
Likewise his D may not be much different than what we have.

Now Rubio's contract isn't cheap but it's not prohibitive either and it's short. There aren't many $2mil players that can pass like Rubio and that's what we'd be getting him for. Think about our main players and young players benefiting from Rubio's passing. Being smarter closing out games!!!

CrushAlot
USA
1/24/2017  4:49 PM
jskinny35 wrote:Rubio is interesting but not sure how the fit would work... Rubio next to Lee means better defense and ok shooting. Rubio next to Rose suggests Rose can penetrate and score, but no outside shooting and not sure if Rose will let Rubio facilitate. Think it could work but would have to run it by Melo first :)... any ball dominant point guard (aside from Billups and Rose) has always deferred to Melo (eg Lin, Felton). Thinking if they did this, let Rose walk and (eventually) move Melo - Rubio would work great with KP and the younger players!
I am open to letting Rose walk if that is the best move for the team. But getting Rubio with the plan of not having Rose or Melo doesn't seem like a good one. Melo is the team's best player and Rose is the second or third best guy on the team. If you are going total rebuild then draft a guard. There are already speculation that the Celtics might trade BK's pick because they have Isiaah Thomas and the top picks are going to be point guards.
nixluva
USA
1/24/2017  4:59 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
jskinny35 wrote:Rubio is interesting but not sure how the fit would work... Rubio next to Lee means better defense and ok shooting. Rubio next to Rose suggests Rose can penetrate and score, but no outside shooting and not sure if Rose will let Rubio facilitate. Think it could work but would have to run it by Melo first :)... any ball dominant point guard (aside from Billups and Rose) has always deferred to Melo (eg Lin, Felton). Thinking if they did this, let Rose walk and (eventually) move Melo - Rubio would work great with KP and the younger players!
I am open to letting Rose walk if that is the best move for the team. But getting Rubio with the plan of not having Rose or Melo doesn't seem like a good one. Melo is the team's best player and Rose is the second or third best guy on the team. If you are going total rebuild then draft a guard. There are already speculation that the Celtics might trade BK's pick because they have Isiaah Thomas and the top picks are going to be point guards.

Yeah the Rubio move is if they don't blow it up! You want Rubio here with Melo. If the team is dismantled then you're looking at the draft anyway and don't need Rubio.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/24/2017  6:04 PM
nixluva wrote:It's SOOOOOOO obvious that this team desperately needs a passing PG!!! Trade LT and BJ for Rubio! He's a consistent floor leader who will enhance the talent we have. He would solve so many of the issues this team has with turnovers and bad decisions with the ball.

No he's not perfect but his contract is short and what he does best is sorely needed. This team should be performing better than it has and a legit floor leader is the main reason. He would immediately make the D stronger too!

Rubio doesn't know how to win, his skills have done nothing for minny, and he wont do shht here..

ES
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
1/24/2017  6:11 PM
Getting Rubio would be a really good move by Phil this team needs a facilitator more than a shooter. I do believe that Rubio would be a positive addition on the entire team.
knicks1248
Member: #582
1/24/2017  6:15 PM
smackeddog wrote:
holfresh wrote:The NBA changed to rules to favor perimeter players who can score..It would be such a Knick thing to do to trade for a PG who can't score..

Yep and pair him with Lee! Madness!

he's never even been to the playoffs, or had a winning season, so what is his mentality like if all he knows is losing

ES
nixluva
USA
1/24/2017  6:17 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:It's SOOOOOOO obvious that this team desperately needs a passing PG!!! Trade LT and BJ for Rubio! He's a consistent floor leader who will enhance the talent we have. He would solve so many of the issues this team has with turnovers and bad decisions with the ball.

No he's not perfect but his contract is short and what he does best is sorely needed. This team should be performing better than it has and a legit floor leader is the main reason. He would immediately make the D stronger too!

Rubio doesn't know how to win, his skills have done nothing for minny, and he wont do shht here..

I don't understand what you're trying to say! We have primary and secondary scorers and don't need Rubio to "WIN" games for us. We need better passing and decision making with the ball. We have plenty of finishers and shot makers but no floor general.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
1/24/2017  6:17 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

I think you answered your own question when you said Minny.

This game really shows the difference Rubio could make

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy