Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/24/2017  12:19 PM
Knixkik wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I've had enough of his bad shot selection non passing and not using his size for things they need to be used for Until he plays the right way he should come off the bench. He's a bad starter right now

Im very disappointed in his play this year, I would move him if we could back a legitimate number 1 player. I believe he has been poisoned by melo, Rose and the toxic environment

Trade him? Are we really at that point? Lol. Might be the most outrageous statement in the history of this forum, I hate to say. Homegrown talent. 2nd year player. Let's trade him smh.

I would trade him in the right deal, the chances of finding that are pretty slim

How about for an aging superstar? Seems like we are ready for that. I will say something, this thread in general and some of the opinions in it are something only knicks fans would say.

Like for Chris Paul... If Isiah was around... it will be no-brainer...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
AUTOADVERT
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

1/24/2017  12:20 PM
Knixkik wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I've had enough of his bad shot selection non passing and not using his size for things they need to be used for Until he plays the right way he should come off the bench. He's a bad starter right now

Im very disappointed in his play this year, I would move him if we could back a legitimate number 1 player. I believe he has been poisoned by melo, Rose and the toxic environment

Trade him? Are we really at that point? Lol. Might be the most outrageous statement in the history of this forum, I hate to say. Homegrown talent. 2nd year player. Let's trade him smh.

Definitely in the running for stupidest comment ever on this forum. Sheesh! (smh2)

smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
1/24/2017  12:24 PM
arkrud wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

I would trade him in the right deal, the chances of finding that are pretty slim

How about for an aging superstar? Seems like we are ready for that. I will say something, this thread in general and some of the opinions in it are something only knicks fans would say.

Come on now, Isaiah would have traded him for Rose!

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/24/2017  12:33 PM
smackeddog wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Come on now, Isaiah would have traded him for Rose!

Or Howard? Superman in NY... Imagine this!!!

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/24/2017  12:35 PM
Holy crap. I read the 1st page and can't continue after that. People are really advocating to trade KP? NY fans really are "What have you done for me lately?" type of crowd.
Welpee
Member: #6239

1/24/2017  12:43 PM
Knick fans

Dec. 2016 - This should be KPs team, Melo needs to step aside.
Jan. 2017 - We need to bench and/or trade KP.
Feb. 2017 - We need to offer a max extension to KP to make sure he never leaves the Knicks.

NYKBocker
USA
1/24/2017  1:00 PM
martin wrote:Feel like KP's shooting will come back. Seems like he hasn't hit a bank shot since November and that is troubling. But there are 2 areas of effort that I don't like: his screens suck; he is barely impeding the player he is trying to pick, and I know that some times is a quick screen to a roll, but KP has got to get a little more contact and separation with the opposing player. And the switching, wtf is up with the most casual, unnecessary switching? I hope that is something that just needs to be pointed out to him and not a bad habit learned from other bad switchers.

The switching I think he got from Melo. Also, his success against defending quick PGs in the past has gotten to his head. He is forgetting that it puts his teammate in a bad matchup.

His shot is way flat. He looks like he is shooting it down. A line drive shot. He needs to give it more arc.

His screens are correctable. He thinks every screen is a slip screen.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/24/2017  1:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/24/2017  1:33 PM
Have to remember that this is KP's sophomore year (sophomore slump?) He has been asked to learn an offense with a new coach, competing philosophies at times this season. Porzingis is playing behind two of the biggest volume shooters in NBA history. One of them is supposed to make sure that everyone is on the same page but doesnt, for whatever reason. Melo has made more of an effort too often to be a PG than Rose. On top of that there is also all the drama, and the pressure of topping last season.

Get a point guard who is an actual Point Guard. Stick with one offensive philosophy (the coach's), Mgmt needs to decide wether its going to be another desperate quick fix to make a little noise in the playoffs, or are they going to commit to a long term rebuilding plan around Porzingis.

Martin posted some stats about KP's numbers so far in relation to some of the greats and its quite remarkable. This shouldn't get lost in all the dsyfunction around the Knicks, and KP's struggles.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/24/2017  1:36 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Have to remember that this is KP's sophomore year (sophomore slump?) He has been asked to learn an offense with a new coach, competing philosophies at times this season. Porzingis is playing behind two of the biggest volume shooters in NBA history. One of them is supposed to make sure that everyone is on the same page but doesnt, for whatever reason. Melo has made more of an effort too often to be a PG than Rose. On top of that there is also all the drama, and the pressure of topping last season.

Get a point guard who is an actual Point Guard. Stick with one offensive philosophy (the coach's), Mgmt needs to decide wether its going to be another desperate quick fix to make a little noise in the playoffs, or are they going to commit to a long term rebuilding plan around Porzingis.

Martin posted some numbers about KP's numbers so far in relation to some of the greats and its quite remarkable. This shouldn't get lost in all the dsyfunction around the Knicks, and KP's struggles.

Exactly right. He simply can't really be judged in the role he is in now. He is being asked to be a spot up shooter and complimentary player to the iso game of Melo and Rose. That's tough. He needs a PG who is able to create for him, plays run for him, and a team built around him to really see what he can do. And i don't agree with him being in a soph slump, he is having a great year overall for a soph player, he has simply had a stretch of games (coinciding with an injury) that he is completely out of rhythm. He will have a couple of big breakout games and all will be forgotten. But in typical Knicks fashion, everything gets exaggerated.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/24/2017  1:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/24/2017  6:55 PM
You definately bench him, why bother developing him? And if he doesn't turn it around, we trade him for a chance at a really good quality draft pick. And if that guy doesn't get it right away ,we trade him for another chance at a really good draft pick. And if that guy doesn't work out....
Same goes for Melo. Trade him for another chance to start the process referenced above. It's the NY way.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/24/2017  2:01 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
martin wrote:Feel like KP's shooting will come back. Seems like he hasn't hit a bank shot since November and that is troubling. But there are 2 areas of effort that I don't like: his screens suck; he is barely impeding the player he is trying to pick, and I know that some times is a quick screen to a roll, but KP has got to get a little more contact and separation with the opposing player. And the switching, wtf is up with the most casual, unnecessary switching? I hope that is something that just needs to be pointed out to him and not a bad habit learned from other bad switchers.

The switching I think he got from Melo. Also, his success against defending quick PGs in the past has gotten to his head. He is forgetting that it puts his teammate in a bad matchup.

His shot is way flat. He looks like he is shooting it down. A line drive shot. He needs to give it more arc.

100% agreed

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler

1/24/2017  2:06 PM
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

100% agreed

When did they put Melo in charge of the defense?

MS
Member: #724
1/24/2017  2:18 PM
It's actually not a bad idea. It allows Melo and Rose to carry the first unit and KP to play 30 minutes with the second unit.

Rose, Holiday, Kuz, Melo, Noah - Jennings, Lee, KP, Willy, KOQ

We need more balance.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/24/2017  2:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/24/2017  2:26 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

100% agreed

Haven't you heard, Melo is at fault for everything wrong with KP. So far I saw posts that it was Melo's fault he was taking too many 3pt. shots. Makes sense, It's not like he was drafted because of his ability to do so. Leaving guys open at 3pt. line, when trying to block shots in paint, Melo. Lack of post up success...Melo. Missing shots, clearly Melo yelling. Lack of weight gain..Melo feeding him salads. Okay, maybe not the weight one but check the boards, you will see the rest.

Do agree about switching without needing to. PG may be at fault a bit as well. After all, if he fights through pick strongly, KP can continue to guard his man. The one that does not make sense is leaving stretch 4's open to help. As he has been burned many times and is probably something the staff has told him. THink it is just a product of habit. And the fact a nice block in the paint brings more of a reaction from the crowd than staying with your man at 3pt. line.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
NYKBocker
USA
1/24/2017  2:38 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

100% agreed
Melo is the leader of this team. The team follows what he does. Even if Melo doesn't tell him to do it, KP sees it and plays the same way. I am not disparaging Melo just saying that he tends to copy what he sees and Melo is his mentor right now. I love how Melo protects KP and how he is always looking for him. The Woodson defensive tendencies is still there
GustavBahler

1/24/2017  3:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/24/2017  3:03 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

100% agreed
Melo is the leader of this team. The team follows what he does. Even if Melo doesn't tell him to do it, KP sees it and plays the same way. I am not disparaging Melo just saying that he tends to copy what he sees and Melo is his mentor right now. I love how Melo protects KP and how he is always looking for him. The Woodson defensive tendencies is still there

The leader of this team has been a step slow on offense and defense this season. His shoulder has been bothering him as well, which makes it harder to fight through screens. Porzingis knows this, he's been playing pro ball long enough to know how that would affect his game. But you are suggesting that he's ignoring the reasons for the dip defensively from last season, and just imitating him? I dont see him being that type of player.

This team has been bad defensively across the board, thank Rambis, not Melo.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

1/24/2017  3:24 PM

Yeah benching a young kid that's being talked about as our future will be real good for his mentality.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/24/2017  3:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/24/2017  3:25 PM
MS wrote:It's actually not a bad idea. It allows Melo and Rose to carry the first unit and KP to play 30 minutes with the second unit.

Rose, Holiday, Kuz, Melo, Noah - Jennings, Lee, KP, Willy, KOQ

We need more balance.

The balance is taking KP out half way thru the 1st quarter and returning at the beginning of the 2nd quarter. You can't bring your young, franchise player off the bench, unless you want to be the laughing stock of the league more than you already are.

newyorker4ever

1/24/2017  3:25 PM
Knixkik wrote:Bad idea. The better idea would be bench the horrible Noah and use KP differently. They run no pick and roll for him. Only iso.

I don't think Noah needs to be benched, i just think we need to keep his minutes around 20 and start giving more to Billy.

newyorker4ever

1/24/2017  3:41 PM
Vmart wrote:
Papabear wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Papabear Says

I new sooner or later some of you guys wanted to throw KP under the bus. But blaming Melo!! COME ON MAN

Only the fans get thrown under the bus. These guys are gonna laugh all the way to the bank. I just don't understand what the Knicks are trying to accomplish by making KP a small 7'3 player. He should be eating up the painted area.

He tries eating up the painted area and fails pretty much every time and it's on him to make himself better in the paint. Get a hook shot or take some of Billy's dream shaker moves and use them but i think he just thinks too much when he gets in the paint and too much thinking isn't always a good thing.

Bench KP

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy