[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Bench KP
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
1/24/2017  3:10 AM
Typical Knicks fans, zero patience, zero player development- young players are either gods or bums and nothing else will be tolerated.
AUTOADVERT
holfresh
Member: #1081

1/24/2017  6:19 AM
smackeddog wrote:Typical Knicks fans, zero patience, zero player development- young players are either gods or bums and nothing else will be tolerated.

I'm not worried about his offense but some one needs to tell him to cover the guy at the three point line..The coach and the assistants won't do it..No one on the team will do it..It took Breen a month and a half to even mention he isn't running out on defense..Can't run a team this way..

blkexec
Member: #748
1/24/2017  7:24 AM
Just to be clear.....I'm not advocating KP should be benched. My point is KP shouldn't have been a rookie starter. I think his game would've been far advanced by now, playing with Willy and BJ as the main guy. He would've been a better player as a starter right now, probably as a 5. Making him more of a facilitator in the triangle offense or better pick and roll player next to BJ. As a starter hes the 3rd option, sometimes 4th with horny telling Lee to shoot more. That's 4 guys in the starting line up looking to chuck it up. There's no balance.

Benching him now is too late. But u can still help balance out the gunners like benching Lee for holiday or cheese. Get BJ more involved and move rose to SG.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/24/2017  7:45 AM

KP was killing it a few weeks a go. So to install continuity and a stable environment, lets fire Rambis.
why was KP playing well and now not? Trade him for Davis, who is seemingly hurt frequently?
KP was making those shots and we all were like in awe, but he is playing hurt now. Can we at least praise his "Toughness"?
Can we be critical of his shot selection without a fit of anger and spew trade talk?
Sure, fans can get angry and do this, but it strips credibility.
Knicks did kind of melt down more after he fouled out last nite.
He played ugly, we won the game.

Yes, Willy should play 20 min a nite as reggie said. Him and KOQ looked good together last night.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/24/2017  8:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/24/2017  8:15 AM
Why people want to turn someone with KPs unique talent into an old school Center I have no idea.
Hey let's just trade KP for Marcin Gortat!!!

KP is a Dirk type of player and operator. Why do you think Horny tried to get Dirk and him to work out before the season? The knock on Dirk most of his career until he won a ring was that he played soft settled for weak shots.

20 years ago playing more physical would have helped. Now all KP needs is game experience, health and teammates that find him at good times. He will learn how to be a better post player only when he goes through a whole summer dedicated towards that. Also if you look at Dirk and how he plays at the top of the arc, not many times does he roll to the hoop. He's a screen and pop player not so much a screen and roll threat. That said KP should roll better and harder to the basket because he's bigger and more athletic than Dirk.

I don't see any reason to ask KP to change how he plays. He hasn't been the same player since his Achilles injury. It has affected his shot and also his rhythm is not same having missed 7 of the last 11 games.

As for coming off the bench, it is not a bad idea rest of the season so Melo can play 4. It is part do the reason Melo needs to be dealt in the offseason. Melo is best at 4, KP needs to start at 4 and play backup 5 minutes. I know us Knicks fans are not used to this. We actually have to wait, be patient and go through the growing pains of a young star. How typical some want the older has been stars to put up very good numbers on lottery teams vs developing someone who could be your future on a good team. Typical Knicks logic. Next logical step let's trade him for an all star and make a run with Melo and Rose !!!!

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/24/2017  8:32 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Why people want to turn someone with KPs unique talent into an old school Center I have no idea.
Hey let's just trade KP for Marcin Gortat!!!

KP is a Dirk type of player and operator. Why do you think Horny tried to get Dirk and him to work out before the season? The knock on Dirk most of his career until he won a ring was that he played soft settled for weak shots.

20 years ago playing more physical would have helped. Now all KP needs is game experience, health and teammates that find him at good times. He will learn how to be a better post player only when he goes through a whole summer dedicated towards that. Also if you look at Dirk and how he plays at the top of the arc, not many times does he roll to the hoop. He's a screen and pop player not so much a screen and roll threat. That said KP should roll better and harder to the basket because he's bigger and more athletic than Dirk.

I don't see any reason to ask KP to change how he plays. He hasn't been the same player since his Achilles injury. It has affected his shot and also his rhythm is not same having missed 7 of the last 11 games.

As for coming off the bench, it is not a bad idea rest of the season so Melo can play 4. It is part do the reason Melo needs to be dealt in the offseason. Melo is best at 4, KP needs to start at 4 and play backup 5 minutes. I know us Knicks fans are not used to this. We actually have to wait, be patient and go through the growing pains of a young star. How typical some want the older has been stars to put up very good numbers on lottery teams vs developing someone who could be your future on a good team. Typical Knicks logic. Next logical step let's trade him for an all star and make a run with Melo and Rose !!!!

You just can't bring KP off the bench at this point. It's too late for that. He already has confidence issues, that would really bother him. If we brought KP off the bench, we would become even more of a laughing stock around the league. Everyone would say KP has to get out of there as soon as he can. You have a bad team with a young star coming off the bench when you should be trying to turn this into his team. Just makes no sense to restrict him now.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/24/2017  8:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/24/2017  8:52 AM
Is he even healthy? He's normally much better than this. Tendonitis usually takes a month of rest to heal, and then you have to stop doing whatever caused it.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/24/2017  9:00 AM
Yeah, he is playing hurt. I am not sure why he is even playing at all. As Bonn said, he should take a month off. It's not like we are winning anyway.

Even if he were healthy, you have to realize that this was his game dating back to Europe. He has been playing like this his entire pro/amateur career. You are all going to have to accept his style of play and just hope he becomes more consistent and also better on defense.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/24/2017  10:22 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/24/2017  10:28 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I've had enough of his bad shot selection non passing and not using his size for things they need to be used for Until he plays the right way he should come off the bench. He's a bad starter right now

Im very disappointed in his play this year, I would move him if we could back a legitimate number 1 player. I believe he has been poisoned by melo, Rose and the toxic environment

Yes absolutely poisoned by Melo. I mean pre Melo...down low monster with solid Mid range game. Never even thought about a 3pt. shot. Post Melo...3pt. happy 2 guard who favors helping to get a possible block and leaves man wide open. Smh. Give the kid a break, he is 21. Tried adding post moves last night in first half, didn't succeed. Gave up on it in second half. But again 21, Give him some credit for trying to add to his game. He is also trying to make adjustments for teams being more familiar with him. Not to mention he is trying to regain strength in legs. He will get it. How about we try him at 5 to start and limit his minutes until he gets to full strength. As for lapses on D, he will learn when to help on weak side and when to stay with shooter.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/24/2017  10:27 AM
Feel like KP's shooting will come back. Seems like he hasn't hit a bank shot since November and that is troubling. But there are 2 areas of effort that I don't like: his screens suck; he is barely impeding the player he is trying to pick, and I know that some times is a quick screen to a roll, but KP has got to get a little more contact and separation with the opposing player. And the switching, wtf is up with the most casual, unnecessary switching? I hope that is something that just needs to be pointed out to him and not a bad habit learned from other bad switchers.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
1/24/2017  10:33 AM
KP has regressed. He has no post game what so ever. He cannot even post a much smaller player. He is too content setting up beyond the arc and waiting for the pass.

I would like so see him roll off his picks. He hardly does it.

The other issue is Rose DOES NOT look for KP. Jennings does, Baker too. Rose is too busy looking for his own shot.

That being said, it is on KP to make himself a leader and demand the ball.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/24/2017  10:53 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:KP has regressed. He has no post game what so ever. He cannot even post a much smaller player. He is too content setting up beyond the arc and waiting for the pass.

The other issue is Rose DOES NOT look for KP. Jennings does, Baker too. Rose is too busy looking for his own shot.

Jennings does see him, but now chooses to not pass. Jennings looks like he does not know what to do. His shot is awful and has lost confidence in it. It has thus lost his effectiveness

holfresh
Member: #1081

1/24/2017  11:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/24/2017  11:10 AM
Health is a very important thing in a career..Too much pressure is put on KP to be them man now...It takes some time to figure out how your body responds after a 82 game season, how to prepare for it..I thought he started pacing himself earlier this year by not overexerting himself, like he did last year, going after every put back...It is difficult to put a team on your back and show up night in and night out..We take these things for granted..We have seen players like Jordan show up every night in almost a maniacal manner...He even hear stories of MJ up at 5am gambling before a game and showing up to perform..These aren't normal guy type activities...You can't expect this of everyone...KP needs time for his body to adjust to what will be needed to carry a franchise...
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

1/24/2017  11:18 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I've had enough of his bad shot selection non passing and not using his size for things they need to be used for Until he plays the right way he should come off the bench. He's a bad starter right now

Im very disappointed in his play this year, I would move him if we could back a legitimate number 1 player. I believe he has been poisoned by melo, Rose and the toxic environment

Papabear Says

I new sooner or later some of you guys wanted to throw KP under the bus. But blaming Melo!! COME ON MAN

Papabear
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/24/2017  11:28 AM
Bringing KP off the bench for 10-15 games might be smart for his development and to get through his injury problem.

Hes taking a lot of bad shots--hes not passing the ball--hes not rebounding the ball--he does not set screens--he hangs out to far from the basket too much. Hes not using his size and length enough on the D. Bringing him in at the 6-7 minute mark puts him against either tired frontline guys or second stringers. I think someone needs to talk to him about more efficiency to his game and making sure he gets adequate point blank type opportunities---making sure he understands that a pass can lead to an even better shot etc.... Its part of development.

RIP Crushalot😞
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
1/24/2017  11:32 AM
Papabear wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Papabear Says

I new sooner or later some of you guys wanted to throw KP under the bus. But blaming Melo!! COME ON MAN

Only the fans get thrown under the bus. These guys are gonna laugh all the way to the bank. I just don't understand what the Knicks are trying to accomplish by making KP a small 7'3 player. He should be eating up the painted area.

babyKnicks
Member: #1191
USA
1/24/2017  11:36 AM
he has looked horrible and contributed to a couple of the losses... Maybe he's hurt...as soon as he says he wants to play every game, adios.

Last night his 0-6 start and turnover display had me dying a slow death.

He and Rose contributed to a 14 point deficit in the FIRST QUARTER.

He comes off the bench, plays with the hungry kids, within himself and defers appropriately, he can work his way back to starting, but at this stage, OQuinn is outplaying him.

BUT...who starts?

I have no idea what to do with Noah? Is he even contributing?

Let's go Knicks. That's amare
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/24/2017  11:42 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Bringing KP off the bench for 10-15 games might be smart for his development and to get through his injury problem.

Hes taking a lot of bad shots--hes not passing the ball--hes not rebounding the ball--he does not set screens--he hangs out to far from the basket too much. Hes not using his size and length enough on the D. Bringing him in at the 6-7 minute mark puts him against either tired frontline guys or second stringers. I think someone needs to talk to him about more efficiency to his game and making sure he gets adequate point blank type opportunities---making sure he understands that a pass can lead to an even better shot etc.... Its part of development.

Stuff that Phil Jackson the coach would have taught him.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/24/2017  12:05 PM
Panos wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Bringing KP off the bench for 10-15 games might be smart for his development and to get through his injury problem.

Stuff that Phil Jackson the coach would have taught him.

We were getting on him for not shooting enough and now we're killing him for shooting too much. If the rationale for benching him is he's still hurt, the put him on the injured reserve. He's the most talented player on the team. I think it's too early to even consider this move unless his condition is worse than the team is saying. Players have bad stretches. If guys like Curry and KD have slumps every once in a while, then you have to expect that a second-year player coming off of an injury will.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/24/2017  12:07 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:KP has regressed. He has no post game what so ever. He cannot even post a much smaller player. He is too content setting up beyond the arc and waiting for the pass.

By regressed, he is in a slump since the injury. Overall, he is still having a good year. He is only 21 and way ahead of any development we could ever imagine. Some of us are getting too comfortable with how good he has been this early in this career and expect a progressive improvement with zero regression. It's just not realistic. If you look at the big picture, he is still having a much better year than Dirk did at the same age in his 2nd NBA season. I think we need to just expect and accept that he will be extremely inconsistent at this stage in his career, and improvements won't be linear.
Bench KP

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy