[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Dread: Knicks vs. Pencers in Indy......
Author Thread
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

1/23/2017  11:09 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:When did Melo has been scoring very efficiently and tonight I only notice a couple of bad defensive moments. One was in the 4th were he fell asleep ball watching and was late to close but the Pavers missed the 3. Overall a decent defensive effort trying to help in the post while making sure his man was still were he left him

You take away those 4 bad shots at end of 3rd, which he does when left in too long, and 2 end of shot clock 3's, he had to take. He is 9 for 11. Liked that he went down low at end. Must of heard me yelling.

It is always about shot selection with Anthony, but he is rarely getting open shots created by others except for 3 point shots.

When the team stagnates like that..Have Melo run pick and rolls at the top of the key..Make him pass and create for others..He is a good passer...
AUTOADVERT
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/23/2017  11:10 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
stopstandthere wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Chandler wrote:Why does Melo think that's funny?

Frustration laugh...you do it instead of going crazy...I do it all the time.

Yes, that is a mature way of reaction as a grown man.

I do it still. It is kind of a defense mechanism- if you put your face into a smile you stay cool. Nothing to do with not taking something seriously.

He was laughing becasue he knew he would be hitting the MOFO game winner. lol

Shyte...nobody should be that loose and confident on this bloody team.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
holfresh

1/23/2017  11:10 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
matt wrote:Why nobody pass to kristaps.

because he doesn't demand the ball, he waits until they notice him open

PGs get the ball to the open man...should be no need to demand it...sorry.

Wake me up when we have a real pg again

For real. It would make all the difference.

Walt is right that KP shouldn't have to demand the ball. At the same time he should send a message to Rose that he's tired of not getting any touches.

If I were KP and I got tired of being frozen out, I would do my level best to embarass Rose in practice, no cheaps shots. Put a little mustard on those blocks. Might respect that more than asking him to share the rock. Eventually he'll get the message.

I cant think of a worse move than bringing back Rose so he can call his own number ad nauseum.

KP took 5 less shots than Rose and Rose played 40 Minutes and KP 24. But agree, a true PG would greatly help KP's game. Specially cuz he would be yelling at KP to cut more off PnR's.

Whatever shots KP gets, its rarely off an assist from Rose.

KP has to roll..Rose is rolling..Rose will have to stop and turn to pass back to KP..

I agree there are more things KP can do to get open, but there are too many times he's flailing his arms wide open, and Rose looks him off and drives on one or two defenders. Its been going on since the first preseason game. Its beyond the point IMO where it looks like its just about chemistry, my guess its more about $$$$$.

It's just not Rose..you see it a lot when KP plays with the second unit..

WaltLongmire

1/23/2017  11:13 PM
crzymdups wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Walt is right that KP shouldn't have to demand the ball. At the same time he should send a message to Rose that he's tired of not getting any touches.

If I were KP and I got tired of being frozen out, I would do my level best to embarass Rose in practice, no cheaps shots. Put a little mustard on those blocks. Might respect that more than asking him to share the rock. Eventually he'll get the message.

I cant think of a worse move than bringing back Rose so he can call his own number ad nauseum.

KP took 5 less shots than Rose and Rose played 40 Minutes and KP 24. But agree, a true PG would greatly help KP's game. Specially cuz he would be yelling at KP to cut more off PnR's.

I saw Jrue Holiday highlights tonight and was hoping and praying we get a crack at him this summer.

We have his brother at this moment...maybe a sweetener?

Holiday was one of the guys I liked in that draft...they asked him in twice that year but didn't pull the trigger on him.

Would like Phil to consider him.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

1/23/2017  11:15 PM
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:When did Melo has been scoring very efficiently and tonight I only notice a couple of bad defensive moments. One was in the 4th were he fell asleep ball watching and was late to close but the Pavers missed the 3. Overall a decent defensive effort trying to help in the post while making sure his man was still were he left him

You take away those 4 bad shots at end of 3rd, which he does when left in too long, and 2 end of shot clock 3's, he had to take. He is 9 for 11. Liked that he went down low at end. Must of heard me yelling.

It is always about shot selection with Anthony, but he is rarely getting open shots created by others except for 3 point shots.

When the team stagnates like that..Have Melo run pick and rolls at the top of the key..Make him pass and create for others..He is a good passer...

Would love to see that...would also like to see him involved in some pick and pops for his midrange J.

Would love to see our practices and what we work on offensively.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

1/23/2017  11:18 PM
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

I agree with this and why I think he should rest earlier in the 3rd so he can close out 4ths strong. Tonight he got to rest a long time to start the 4th and he had energy to play in the post late.

If he has his legs there is zero reason why Jennings and Rose should close late which helps the defense because Lee and Holiday can play the wings while Melo and Rose/Jennings handle the PnR duties up top. I know this would be hard but I would also keep reminding Melo to never bring the ball up the court just wait to receive it after a screen when it gets pass halfcourt.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/23/2017  11:20 PM
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

KP has to roll..Rose is rolling..Rose will have to stop and turn to pass back to KP..

I agree there are more things KP can do to get open, but there are too many times he's flailing his arms wide open, and Rose looks him off and drives on one or two defenders. Its been going on since the first preseason game. Its beyond the point IMO where it looks like its just about chemistry, my guess its more about $$$$$.

It's just not Rose..you see it a lot when KP plays with the second unit..

Right again, but not as much with the second unit. The big difference IMO is that this is the starting PG, and he does it more than anyone else, as far as I can tell. If Rose was looking for KP more, others might follow his lead.

You are right though that there is more that KP can do. In the game, I would battle in the paint more, putbacks, tip outs, be more if a lunch pail player like Willy at times. Its only his second year so its understandable KP has a lot of learning to do. Rose is a vet, former MVP, and should know better. He seems to think that only stats will determine his future in NY, when its more to his advantage to show that he can work with Porzingis. Right now it looks like he is competing against him.

holfresh

1/23/2017  11:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/23/2017  11:27 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

I agree with this and why I think he should rest earlier in the 3rd so he can close out 4ths strong. Tonight he got to rest a long time to start the 4th and he had energy to play in the post late.

If he has his legs there is zero reason why Jennings and Rose should close late which helps the defense because Lee and Holiday can play the wings while Melo and Rose/Jennings handle the PnR duties up top. I know this would be hard but I would also keep reminding Melo to never bring the ball up the court just wait to receive it after a screen when it gets pass halfcourt.

I think running Melo for full quarters is wearing him out..They have to cut his minutes in the first and third quarters..I think it's really hurting the team..Marv Albert watches the team I think and he says Melo has tired legs..It's true..

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/23/2017  11:40 PM
Not to be a downer but we've got Dallas on the road, Charlotte at home and Atlanta on the road.
Easily could be 20-29 by the end of the month. How we've been playing as of late (won 4 of last 11) we probably take 1 game, get blown out 1 game and lose 1 game by 1 point/possession.

21-28 by end of January looks likely. I'd like us to get more wins, but these games like tonight are few and far between,

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/23/2017  11:55 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Not to be a downer but we've got Dallas on the road, Charlotte at home and Atlanta on the road.
Easily could be 20-29 by the end of the month. How we've been playing as of late (won 4 of last 11) we probably take 1 game, get blown out 1 game and lose 1 game by 1 point/possession.

21-28 by end of January looks likely. I'd like us to get more wins, but these games like tonight are few and far between,

If they're playing well they could easily win all of those games.

A big part of it will be how healthy KP is.

Also, how many minutes Holiday and Willy get. Holiday got 28min tonight and Willy got 24min - that sounds about right to me.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/24/2017  1:09 AM
This team is wildly inconsistent but also they've been getting better in terms of their resolve to compete. The losses have been close and frustrating but the wins have been impressive!!! This game needs to be used to gain confidence.

It seems as if the Knicks need Jeff to have a short leash for Noah. Too often the team clearly plays better with smaller lineups. The Knicks looked TOTALLY different when they went small with Melo at the 4!!! We know Jeff believes in that style! He has to stick to his guns and run more SMALL BALL.

smackeddog
Member: #883
1/24/2017  3:06 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:I must say Myles Turner is on his way to becoming a special talent and he is already doing great things.

Yeah, I don't get why he's got so little coverage this season- looks to be doing very well.

Chandler
Member: #6197

1/24/2017  7:43 AM
Knicks needs to develop their killer instinct. How many games have we we lost after leading by double digits?

End of third quarter we got sloppy and pacers took advantage gained momentum and confidence

If we develop that our players will be fresher

(5)(5)
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/24/2017  8:17 AM
Chandler wrote:Knicks needs to develop their killer instinct. How many games have we we lost after leading by double digits?

End of third quarter we got sloppy and pacers took advantage gained momentum and confidence

Lack of leadership

Need a floor general who will take care of that not let players lose focus or get too happy.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/24/2017  9:30 AM
You guys are funny... this is the most bipolar game thread ever. I would venture to say the fan base, or at least the group that posts here is more passionate about hating the team than liking it. Try reading the game thread from start to end

Season is very far from lost. Sooooo many games and the Knicks are never getting blown out, they are in it till the end. I get the many close losses are tough to stomach. Hell Ive taken a little break because the negativity isnt my cup of tea, and the agenda driven trolls come out in fury when the Knicks struggle.

Mr "We need Seth Curry" comes in takes his dump on the thread early on
Mr "I still miss Isiah and he just didnt get a fair shake" reminding us that every player would be better than the whoever Jeff puts in

Some observations: We have a glut of bigs. I wanted Willy to win the backup job this offseason. However KOQ won it fair and square and played great ball. Its tough to see his minutes cut for anyone. Noah is not an Iso player, he's a ball mover. I do think playing him in the 2nd unit with Jennings could get him going. Noah even in limited minutes is one of the best offensive rebounders in the league. Play him with the 2nd unit that spreads and attacks more. The more ISO-centric first unit is a bad fit. Melo/KP/Noah/Willy/KOQ all need minutes and all are 4s or 5s and (Melo) is terrible anywhere else. None would be easy to move. Willy/KP are untouchable. KOQ is a lockerroom guy that is very important, he's a blossoming young player and his contract is an amazing asset. Melo/Noah arent going anywhere so its not an easy situation. I think thats why you see Willy/Noah/KOQ essentially rotate 2 slots.

I think the best move now is essentially keep the rotation and go with the 2 most effective of the 3 centers and really try to limit KP and MElo's minutes to 30 a night. If 10 of Melo's 30 minutes comes at the 3 that leaves 46 minutes to split between Willy/KOQ/Noah and I think that is reasonable.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/24/2017  9:32 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:
Chandler wrote:Knicks needs to develop their killer instinct. How many games have we we lost after leading by double digits?

Lack of leadership

Need a floor general who will take care of that not let players lose focus or get too happy.

YUP!!! Rubio! Jrue! Either way it would instantly improve this team.

Chandler
Member: #6197

1/24/2017  9:48 AM
nixluva wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

Lack of leadership

YUP!!! Rubio! Jrue! Either way it would instantly improve this team.

floor general would be great. doesn't need to be a pg either -- see Pierce, KG, Lebron. It's the one reason I've been pulling for Noah (maybe hoping beyond reason)

some teams (e.g. Spurs) get that focus from their coach. I don't think that's Jeff's personality (and that's ok), but we do need a policeman to make sure we stay focused for 48 minutes

As an aside, both Reggie Miller and Tommy Heinsohn -- perhaps the two biggest Knicks haters on the planet -- have gushed about our bench and Willy in particular. I hope Jeff and team brass are paying notice

(5)(5)
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/24/2017  12:48 PM
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Rose is a dumb player. That's why he always does that stupid jump pass that leads to a TO most of the times. Rose doesn't understand that his assists to KP will only make it easier for him in getting to the rim.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/24/2017  12:50 PM
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:Rose still not getting calls..Few times he was hit..Some one has to point this out to the refs before games..

I really am starting to think it's because he's quick and strong. His drives are fast as hell and he gets hit but because he's strong and doesn't try to "sell the foul" by flailing around - so it's hard for the refs to tell.

I think Harden gets so many calls for just the opposite reason. He has an old man game, he's deceptively quick, but normally his drives almost look slow motion. And then he exaggerates any contact and flails his arm around like someone just stole his girl.

so you are saying that harden is the smarter and better PG/SG. and that rose needs some acting classes instead of poker face all game.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/24/2017  1:34 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:Rose still not getting calls..Few times he was hit..Some one has to point this out to the refs before games..

I really am starting to think it's because he's quick and strong. His drives are fast as hell and he gets hit but because he's strong and doesn't try to "sell the foul" by flailing around - so it's hard for the refs to tell.

I think Harden gets so many calls for just the opposite reason. He has an old man game, he's deceptively quick, but normally his drives almost look slow motion. And then he exaggerates any contact and flails his arm around like someone just stole his girl.

so you are saying that harden is the smarter and better PG/SG. and that rose needs some acting classes instead of poker face all game.

Yes, Harden is better at the gamesmanship. He's definitely smart. And a great player.

I think Melo and Rose are sort of too proud to show that they are drawing contact by reacting - they're both strong guys and they go through the contact a lot of the time. Just observing that I think that leads to less calls for both of them. I don't know which approach is the correct one. Probably smarter to draw fouls. Just an observation.

¿ △ ?
Game Dread: Knicks vs. Pencers in Indy......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy