[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Dread: Knicks vs. Pencers in Indy......
Author Thread
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

1/23/2017  10:55 PM
stopstandthere wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Chandler wrote:Why does Melo think that's funny?

Frustration laugh...you do it instead of going crazy...I do it all the time.

Yes, that is a mature way of reaction as a grown man.

Figure since you posted twice... Used to do it a lot when I was a coach to keep me under control after a ref or one of my kids screwed up.

You see coaches on the bench do it all the time.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
nyknickzingis wrote:How does this team win in Boston and in Indiana against two teams that are great home teams and playoff bound and then lose at home to Phenoix as well as Washington

Just will never get this team

We have so much better talent than our record indicates

Really good games from Willy, Melo and Rose

Our team actually played some defence wow !!!

Minutes for Noah vs Willy have something to do with it. Not whole story but part of it.

¿ △ ?
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

George is still no match for Melo down low and can get his own when Hibbert is not backing George up. Turner will get there though he already leads the league in blk%. Also, even though the refs missed him goaltending Rose in the 4th it was just a make up for the clean blk they called a goaltend earlier
WaltLongmire

1/23/2017  10:56 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Honest to God, I thought we would lose that game. Melo closed this one out.
But I think Jeff let the pacers back in by killing or flow. Need to settle on rotations.

But damn it's good to see Reggie Miller cry

When we were up 98-88 I was going to post something about my feeling that we were going to lose. Didn't post because I thought I would jinx the team.

I'm taking some responsibility for us winning tonight because of this.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/23/2017  10:57 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:How does this team win in Boston and in Indiana against two teams that are great home teams and playoff bound and then lose at home to Phenoix as well as Washington

Just will never get this team

We have so much better talent than our record indicates

Really good games from Willy, Melo and Rose

Our team actually played some defence wow !!!

Seems like its by playing Willy and Holiday bigger minutes. Kp also played 24 and out against the Celts. When he gets back to form, watch out.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
crzymdups
USA
1/23/2017  10:58 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Honest to God, I thought we would lose that game. Melo closed this one out.
But I think Jeff let the pacers back in by killing or flow. Need to settle on rotations.

When we were up 98-88 I was going to post something about my feeling that we were going to lose. Didn't post because I thought I would jinx the team.

It takes a team effort

¿ △ ?
holfresh
Member: #1081

1/23/2017  11:00 PM
Rose still not getting calls..Few times he was hit..Some one has to point this out to the refs before games..
HofstraBBall

1/23/2017  11:00 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
matt wrote:Why nobody pass to kristaps.

because he doesn't demand the ball, he waits until they notice him open

PGs get the ball to the open man...should be no need to demand it...sorry.

Wake me up when we have a real pg again

For real. It would make all the difference.

Walt is right that KP shouldn't have to demand the ball. At the same time he should send a message to Rose that he's tired of not getting any touches.

If I were KP and I got tired of being frozen out, I would do my level best to embarass Rose in practice, no cheaps shots. Put a little mustard on those blocks. Might respect that more than asking him to share the rock. Eventually he'll get the message.

I cant think of a worse move than bringing back Rose so he can call his own number ad nauseum.

KP took 5 less shots than Rose and Rose played 40 Minutes and KP 24. But agree, a true PG would greatly help KP's game. Specially cuz he would be yelling at KP to cut more off PnR's.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

1/23/2017  11:01 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:

LOL

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
HofstraBBall

1/23/2017  11:01 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
stopstandthere wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Chandler wrote:Why does Melo think that's funny?

Frustration laugh...you do it instead of going crazy...I do it all the time.

Yes, that is a mature way of reaction as a grown man.

I do it still. It is kind of a defense mechanism- if you put your face into a smile you stay cool. Nothing to do with not taking something seriously.

He was laughing becasue he knew he would be hitting the MOFO game winner. lol

WaltLongmire

1/23/2017  11:02 PM
holfresh wrote:Half way point and it's still a disjointed group..No rhythm with each other..

Coach or players, though.

We used to have 1 ISO go to player, now we have two. Both have issues with trying to do too much.

I think other guys on the team are less likely to move or take big shots in certain moments...I saw the standing around going on a lot late in the game.

I have more issues with the D, which has been very spotty, as you know. Is that on Rambis or Horny?

crzymdups
USA
1/23/2017  11:03 PM
holfresh wrote:Rose still not getting calls..Few times he was hit..Some one has to point this out to the refs before games..

I really am starting to think it's because he's quick and strong. His drives are fast as hell and he gets hit but because he's strong and doesn't try to "sell the foul" by flailing around - so it's hard for the refs to tell.

I think Harden gets so many calls for just the opposite reason. He has an old man game, he's deceptively quick, but normally his drives almost look slow motion. And then he exaggerates any contact and flails his arm around like someone just stole his girl.

¿ △ ?
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

HofstraBBall wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Walt is right that KP shouldn't have to demand the ball. At the same time he should send a message to Rose that he's tired of not getting any touches.

If I were KP and I got tired of being frozen out, I would do my level best to embarass Rose in practice, no cheaps shots. Put a little mustard on those blocks. Might respect that more than asking him to share the rock. Eventually he'll get the message.

I cant think of a worse move than bringing back Rose so he can call his own number ad nauseum.

KP took 5 less shots than Rose and Rose played 40 Minutes and KP 24. But agree, a true PG would greatly help KP's game. Specially cuz he would be yelling at KP to cut more off PnR's.

Whatever shots KP gets, its rarely off an assist from Rose.

yellowboy90

I must say Myles Turner is on his way to becoming a special talent and he is already doing great things.
crzymdups
USA
HofstraBBall wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I saw Jrue Holiday highlights tonight and was hoping and praying we get a crack at him this summer.

¿ △ ?
WaltLongmire

holfresh wrote:Holiday has to play ahead of Kuz for defensive purposes..Bury Noah..

Agree...but the Noah move has to be gradual. Hornacek started him 2nd half, put pulled him very quickly, so maybe he is seeing the light.
holfresh
Member: #1081

1/23/2017  11:05 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

KP has to roll..Rose is rolling..Rose will have to stop and turn to pass back to KP..

yellowboy90

1/23/2017  11:06 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Recently he has made a couple of great passes to KP at the top of the key after driving the ball all the way under the basket and he needs to do that more often. KP missed it tonight There is no reason why Rose shouldn't create 5 easy shots for KP by himself.
WaltLongmire

1/23/2017  11:06 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:When did Melo has been scoring very efficiently and tonight I only notice a couple of bad defensive moments. One was in the 4th were he fell asleep ball watching and was late to close but the Pavers missed the 3. Overall a decent defensive effort trying to help in the post while making sure his man was still were he left him

You take away those 4 bad shots at end of 3rd, which he does when left in too long, and 2 end of shot clock 3's, he had to take. He is 9 for 11. Liked that he went down low at end. Must of heard me yelling.

It is always about shot selection with Anthony, but he is rarely getting open shots created by others except for 3 point shots.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/23/2017  11:09 PM
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

KP has to roll..Rose is rolling..Rose will have to stop and turn to pass back to KP..

I agree there are more things KP can do to get open, but there are too many times he's flailing his arms wide open, and Rose looks him off and drives on one or two defenders. Its been going on since the first preseason game. Its beyond the point IMO where it looks like its just about chemistry, my guess its more about $$$$$.

Game Dread: Knicks vs. Pencers in Indy......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy