[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Time to start Willy Hernangomez
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
1/21/2017  10:01 PM
His last two games - when he's on the floor this is a different team on offense AND defense.

17pts and 11rebs (+9 in plus/minus) in Boston in one of our best all around performances of the year.

6pts and 8rebs (+13) and changed the game tonight - gave the Knicks a lead.

Start Willy.

I'm sorry, I love Noah... but he's atrocious right now. He is the complete wrong fit at center for this team. He needs to sit for the good of the team.

DRose
CLee
Melo
KP
Willy

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
USA
1/21/2017  10:03 PM
I'm also not opposed to starting Baker over CLee. Baker is our best on ball defender on the perimeter.

CLee looked pretty good off the bench and can still get his minutes.

¿ △ ?
fwk00
Member: #6048

1/21/2017  10:10 PM
Jennings needs to be traded. He's just noise at this point. I thought that long three that Porzingis shot nearing the end of game was a real bad idea.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/21/2017  10:21 PM
fwk00 wrote:Jennings needs to be traded. He's just noise at this point. I thought that long three that Porzingis shot nearing the end of game was a real bad idea.
Yeah a Prigs like trade would be perfect. I can't remember the last time Jennings picked up his man full court. Earlier in the season I enjoyed when he came in.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/21/2017  10:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/21/2017  10:35 PM
I like Willy. Not sure he is ready for major minutes because h's 22 and a rookie. However he should be getting consistently 15-20 a game. He's our second best young player after KP. I like him. I also like Kuz so much. All 3 of them basically make a good young starting frontcourt if your backcourt is Rose and another really good 2-way shooting guard that can carry the higher burden,

I don't want to stray off topic but if I had my way, I'd deal Melo to his team of liking, and get their best pieces sent to get a backcourt mate for Rose. Lets just say if we got enough pieces to convince Portland to give up CJ.

Willy
Porzingis
Kuz
CJ
Rose

That's a fun young group of players that can play really well together in my opinion. We'd be competitive with that group, only younger and better longterm prospects.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/21/2017  11:09 PM
Phil's gotta make a deal to restructure this roster and add functionality where they're deficient. Gotta make room for the kids to play!!!
CrushAlot
USA
1/21/2017  11:16 PM
nixluva wrote:Phil's gotta make a deal to restructure this roster and add functionality where they're deficient. Gotta make room for the kids to play!!!
It might be a smart move to see how Rose plays with another, defensive minded point guard in the back court before resigning him. Is there an Eric Snow type out there to compliment Rose?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/21/2017  11:31 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:Phil's gotta make a deal to restructure this roster and add functionality where they're deficient. Gotta make room for the kids to play!!!
It might be a smart move to see how Rose plays with another, defensive minded point guard in the back court before resigning him. Is there an Eric Snow type out there to compliment Rose?

I haven't been paying attention to players out there but gotta imagine the Knicks scouts have been keeping track of options to improve the team. BJ isn't reliable as a PG next to Rose and he can't defend like Baker.

crzymdups
USA
1/22/2017  1:13 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:I like Willy. Not sure he is ready for major minutes because h's 22 and a rookie. However he should be getting consistently 15-20 a game. He's our second best young player after KP. I like him. I also like Kuz so much. All 3 of them basically make a good young starting frontcourt if your backcourt is Rose and another really good 2-way shooting guard that can carry the higher burden,

I don't want to stray off topic but if I had my way, I'd deal Melo to his team of liking, and get their best pieces sent to get a backcourt mate for Rose. Lets just say if we got enough pieces to convince Portland to give up CJ.

Willy
Porzingis
Kuz
CJ
Rose

That's a fun young group of players that can play really well together in my opinion. We'd be competitive with that group, only younger and better longterm prospects.

I love CJ as a player. I'd be shocked if Portland traded him but I wouldn't say no.

Willy is 22. KP is 21. Embiid is 22. Towns is 21. Being an NBA big is often a young man's game. Willy should be starting based on merit. It's not about building for the future - it's about putting the best team on the floor right now of the players we have. Willy is the best.

¿ △ ?
masud
Member: #2442

1/22/2017  2:15 AM
It's time to lose some more or blow it up.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/22/2017  4:05 AM
Willy shouldn't be dragged along. He's a seasoned professional. Yeah we drafted him but he might as well have been a free agent signing like Kuz.

At this point it's time to stop playing around. Willy is our future center standing next to KP....they are a perfect compliment to each other. They have experience playing with each other over seas. Make their dreams come true already. At this point what the Knicks are trying to do isn't working. The future is now

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/22/2017  12:38 PM
EnySpree wrote:Willy shouldn't be dragged along. He's a seasoned professional. Yeah we drafted him but he might as well have been a free agent signing like Kuz.

At this point it's time to stop playing around. Willy is our future center standing next to KP....they are a perfect compliment to each other. They have experience playing with each other over seas. Make their dreams come true already. At this point what the Knicks are trying to do isn't working. The future is now

I agree. Start playing the euro lineup.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/22/2017  12:53 PM
Starting is not the same result extrapolated.
I would say get the kid into the rotation first and build on that.
CrushAlot
USA
1/22/2017  1:05 PM
Nalod wrote:Starting is not the same result extrapolated.
I agree. Also, the Knicks need to make a decision and move one of Willy, KOQ, or Plumlee. Noah can't be traded and KP isn't going anywhere. Carrying 5 centers on a 15 man roster with two point guards in today's nba is not smart.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

1/22/2017  1:33 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
I agree. Also, the Knicks need to make a decision and move one of Willy, KOQ, or Plumlee. Noah can't be traded and KP isn't going anywhere. Carrying 5 centers on a 15 man roster with two point guards in today's nba is not smart.
they better not trade willy. KOQ is probably the one who goes despite being pretty decent this year
crzymdups
USA
1/22/2017  1:38 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
they better not trade willy. KOQ is probably the one who goes despite being pretty decent this year

I agree with both of you - I think KOQ is our most movable center and makes the most sense to move.

We can better balance the roster. It'd be ideal to get a PG, but maybe even a 2/3 to make playing Melo at the 4 more common.

If we could move KOQ for another Justin Holiday type player, I think that'd be very good.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
1/22/2017  1:41 PM

Nothing is guaranteed.

But last year if KP had been coming off the bench we might have doubted his ability to expand upon his stats. Luckily Fisher was ballsy enough to start the kid.

I honestly think Willy is their best center right now. This is not about building for the future or anything - this is about putting the best team on the floor RIGHT NOW. Willy is their best center. KP is not really ready to play center full time and he may never be a real center.

4 man big rotation of KP, Willy, Noah, Melo . Plumlee is there is foul trouble or an emergency. Need to move KOQ for a second round pick or another 1,2, or even 3.

Whether it's starting or consistent minutes or what - Willy should be playing minimum 24 minutes a night right now.

¿ △ ?
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

1/22/2017  2:10 PM
I don't know if he is a starter yet but to me Willy is like a Kanter/M. Gasol hybrid. He just needs to keep working on his defense and his passing while adding a consistent jumper and he'll get there. One summer at a time and he will probably get there but for right now I think he should be used like Kanter.
CrushAlot
USA
1/22/2017  2:17 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:I don't know if he is a starter yet but to me Willy is like a Kanter/M. Gasol hybrid. He just needs to keep working on his defense and his passing while adding a consistent jumper and he'll get there. One summer at a time and he will probably get there but for right now I think he should be used like Kanter.
If he turns out to be that it would be awesome and a tremendous steal for a second round pick.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/22/2017  4:29 PM
crzymdups wrote:His last two games - when he's on the floor this is a different team on offense AND defense.

17pts and 11rebs (+9 in plus/minus) in Boston in one of our best all around performances of the year.

6pts and 8rebs (+13) and changed the game tonight - gave the Knicks a lead.

Start Willy.

I'm sorry, I love Noah... but he's atrocious right now. He is the complete wrong fit at center for this team. He needs to sit for the good of the team.

DRose
CLee
Melo
KP
Willy

why

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Time to start Willy Hernangomez

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy