yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

1/21/2017  11:49 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Can Kp roll to the basket like WIlly

LOL...most on this forum want him playing stretch 4. He said he did not add upper body muscle in the off season, and I've complained about this for a long time, now.

Also have to say that historically, when he has gone to the basket he hasn't been recognized.

Needs to put on some muscle and stop working on 20 feet from the basket crossovers.

This. Also, KP at the 5 doesn't work if he can't set a screen.
We are still misusing KP. Its a shame because when he is the main focus we seem to be much more dangerous.

I agree some what but I also think some of it is on KP. He has the choice to pick or pop but he chose to pop even though Willy's hard roll to the basket created a few easy opportunities. They were not always successful but it did put PhX on their heals. He also needs to be aggressive when matched up against shorter players. He is getting Deebo'd on the block by shorties instead of just taking his time. He doesn't have to back them all the way down he can easily face and shoot once he gets to his spot.

I do know he is over looked on a ot of plays too which is not on him but he needs to take another pg out of Willy's book and camp in the lane for a 3 sec call, preferably early in the game.

AUTOADVERT
magicTs
Member: #5564

1/22/2017  12:00 AM
Time for a stat.....this is why we pay him the Max after all......!

Carmelo Anthony is now shooting 4-29 in the last 10 seconds of games which the Knicks are losing by 3 or less, dating back to 2012-13.

Brutal. Yet we still give him the ball and hope things will change.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/22/2017  12:53 AM
So glad I didn't watch this game. I had a feeling Noah's and Rose's defense would suck again. Noah has 8 rebounds but only 1 defensive. Rose had 0 TOs? How is that even possible?
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
magicTs
Member: #5564

1/22/2017  12:55 AM
Cartman718 wrote:So glad I didn't watch this game. I had a feeling Noah's and Rose's defense would suck again. Noah has 8 rebounds but only 1 defensive. Rose had 0 TOs? How is that even possible?

Noah had 15 rebounds (7 offensive and 8 defensive).

Cartman718

1/22/2017  1:14 AM
magicTs wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:So glad I didn't watch this game. I had a feeling Noah's and Rose's defense would suck again. Noah has 8 rebounds but only 1 defensive. Rose had 0 TOs? How is that even possible?

Sorry I misread. How was his overal defense and offense?
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/22/2017  1:17 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
magicTs wrote:

Sorry I misread. How was his overal defense and offense?

Noah was -5 in a game they lost by 3. 0/4 from the field and two turnovers in 20min. 4 of his offensive rebounds were putback attempts that he missed.

¿ △ ?
Cartman718

1/22/2017  1:26 AM
Lol this guy is a joke. Wonder what grandpa Phil saw in him
JesseDark
Member: #467
1/22/2017  2:11 AM
arkrud wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
stopstandthere wrote:Who take last shot?

Who else?

He almost made it.. He always almost winning... but not quite...

Having Melo take the last shot was the correct call. Rose can't shoot, KP is off, CLee froze on the last shot of the last game. Who would you have run the play for.

Bring back dee-fense
crzymdups
USA
1/22/2017  2:12 AM
JesseDark wrote:
arkrud wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
stopstandthere wrote:Who take last shot?

Who else?

He almost made it.. He always almost winning... but not quite...

Having Melo take the last shot was the correct call. Rose can't shoot, KP is off, CLee froze on the last shot of the last game. Who would you have run the play for.

It wasn't even a bad shot. I was just saying we all know who was gonna take it for the reasons you mentioned and a few others.

¿ △ ?
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/22/2017  4:31 AM
We need to lose games like this- we just can't add the talent we need via free agency, we just can't.
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/22/2017  7:06 AM
smackeddog wrote:We need to lose games like this- we just can't add the talent we need via free agency, we just can't.

If we win 2/10 rest of the way like we have the last 20, that's like 27 wins. Should be enough to draft 7th or 8th. Yes can definitely get talent. We need to keep drafting well, picking up players like Kuz, Plumlee in free agency.

JonsTintedTails
Member: #852
USA
1/22/2017  8:00 AM
Frustrating when Rose gets fouled multiple games in late drives to the basket. But DWade gets bailed out on a dunk on a phantom foul from Cousins.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/22/2017  10:09 AM
How long does he stick with Noah as a starter? Clearly it's not working. The game has changed and he simply can't impact it the way he once did. But for some reason, he still gets a pass.
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/22/2017  10:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/22/2017  10:17 AM
magicTs wrote:Time for a stat.....this is why we pay him the Max after all......!

Carmelo Anthony is now shooting 4-29 in the last 10 seconds of games which the Knicks are losing by 3 or less, dating back to 2012-13.

Ahh, I see what you did here...Hater logic. Lets see, he was 5 for 5 prior from the 3. A plus 5 for game. 31 points and shot only 17 shots. The ball goes around the rim and out... But you found a hater stat. Your awesome! And who should have taken the last shot? Lee? GTFOH. Go watch your boy on the Nets! With this logic the Cavs are trading LBJ.

Btw. Not that the haters want knowledge.
http://www.espn.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/4396/clutch-shots-are-tough-just-ask-lebron-james

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
crzymdups
USA
1/22/2017  11:39 AM
Knixkik wrote:How long does he stick with Noah as a starter? Clearly it's not working. The game has changed and he simply can't impact it the way he once did. But for some reason, he still gets a pass.

72M reasons, doled out over the next four years.

¿ △ ?
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/23/2017  7:40 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
magicTs wrote:Time for a stat.....this is why we pay him the Max after all......!

Ahh, I see what you did here...Hater logic. Lets see, he was 5 for 5 prior from the 3. A plus 5 for game. 31 points and shot only 17 shots. The ball goes around the rim and out... But you found a hater stat. Your awesome! And who should have taken the last shot? Lee? GTFOH. Go watch your boy on the Nets! With this logic the Cavs are trading LBJ.

Btw. Not that the haters want knowledge.
http://www.espn.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/4396/clutch-shots-are-tough-just-ask-lebron-james

Maybe we should have given it to the Unicorn...he was 0-4 or something from 3, right? Maybe that would ease Hater Expectations.

Unreal. And the Knick hater media at least has the presence of mind to call out our whole big three on unclutchness. Melo sucks. Rose sucks. KP sucks.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/23/2017  7:44 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/23/2017  7:49 AM
Really interested in seeing this lineup or type of rotation:

Hernangomez/Porzingis/Kuzminskas/Holiday/Rose
Plumlee/Kuzminskas/Holiday/Lee/Rose
Porzingis/Holiday/Lee/Baker/Jennings
Hernangomez/Porzingis/Lee/Baker/Jennings

Just to see what this team looks like without Melo, no Noah, and more for the future. Would also give them a great idea as to what type of players (role players) they would want back in Melo trade.

I think Rose given full freedom to run the team without Melo makes him a better more Westbrook like attacking PG. I've see him like to be in that role. KP needs a running mate even if he's got tunnel vision. I think the best thing that can happen to this team right now is to let Melo sit a few games and see what the team's real talent level is like, what type of player Rose still is an alpha and what needs we have in a Melo trade.

Think future Phil. Think future. We need to take the rest of the season to see the real potential of KP as a clear cut #2 option (fisrt option up front with Rose first option in the backcourt). We need to see more of Willy and Kuz against starting level talent in the league, same with Justin Holiday. We need to give Plumlee more time. We need to see what holes we have without Melo so when we (if) decide to deal Melo, we know what kind of veteran role players we need because we know we are going to have to take on some massive contracts back in a Melo trade.

If we do this right, we could end up with a future real fast in the present. Need to draft a good player in the lottery this year and then hopefully pick up some role players that fit the above mentioned team in a Melo trade (as well as a 1st round pick). Rose is 28, Holiday is 27, Kuz is 27, Kris is 21, Willy 22. That's a young starting 5 all with primes ahead of them or in their primes. Ensure in a Melo trade you get players in their 20's not 30's. Try to get a first round pick as well. It's all doable in my opinion.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

1/23/2017  9:15 PM
Love Billys game
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
GameThread: Noah and Lee are starting tonight v PHO

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy