[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Noah and Lee are starting tonight v PHO
Author Thread
magicTs
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5564

1/21/2017  10:15 PM
2pts in the last 4 minutes is not going to win you tight games.
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

1/21/2017  10:15 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Can Kp roll to the basket like WIlly

LOL...most on this forum want him playing stretch 4. He said he did not add upper body muscle in the off season, and I've complained about this for a long time, now.

Also have to say that historically, when he has gone to the basket he hasn't been recognized.

Needs to put on some muscle and stop working on 20 feet from the basket crossovers.

This. Also, KP at the 5 doesn't work if he can't set a screen.
We are still misusing KP. Its a shame because when he is the main focus we seem to be much more dangerous.

I've been saying it for a while now but how about some curl plays for KP? Set a Down Screen for him to catch and shoot in rhythm?

we really need a traditional point guard who can pass.

Yes. In addition to offense, a starting PG who sets the tone on D has a better chance of getting everyone to buy in than one who doesnt play D, but talks about it a lot. Also believe a legit two way PG will get more calls when it matters.

Yeah I agree. I'm not trying to bash Rose he is great at driving to the hoop but he just isn't a point guard
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/21/2017  10:17 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

LOL...most on this forum want him playing stretch 4. He said he did not add upper body muscle in the off season, and I've complained about this for a long time, now.

Also have to say that historically, when he has gone to the basket he hasn't been recognized.

Needs to put on some muscle and stop working on 20 feet from the basket crossovers.

We are still misusing KP. Its a shame because when he is the main focus we seem to be much more dangerous.

I've been saying it for a while now but how about some curl plays for KP? Set a Down Screen for him to catch and shoot in rhythm?

Yes. In addition to offense, a starting PG who sets the tone on D has a better chance of getting everyone to buy in than one who doesnt play D, but talks about it a lot. Also believe a legit two way PG will get more calls when it matters.

Yeah I agree. I'm not trying to bash Rose he is great at driving to the hoop but he just isn't a point guard
His hands are down and he doesn't pick up his man until he is almost at the three point line. Talking about d is great but he needs to play it.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1

1/21/2017  10:17 PM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

As soon as we do KP will TAKE OFF! They forget about KP or simply can't make the pass on time or on target.

I agree with you 100%. I also think it will give KP more confidence if he is given the reigns so to speak. It would also benefit melo if he slides into the secondary role IMO.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/21/2017  10:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/21/2017  10:21 PM
They're talking about Melo's passing on MSG. One thing I noticed, Melo brought up the ball once late in the game, and dribbled right past Rose who was calling for the ball and passed to Willy, like he knew Rose was going to call his own number again. The next time down the floor Rose passed to Willy for the bucket.
StarksEwing1

1/21/2017  10:19 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

His hands are down and he doesn't pick up his man until he is almost at the three point line. Talking about d is great but he needs to play it.
Yeah Crush I agree his lack of defense is really a Achilles heel. I'm not saying he has to be a top notch defender BUT even adequate defensive play would eliminate so many open looks we give to other teams
stopstandthere
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #6004

1/21/2017  10:20 PM
This team has a lot to fix but don't know where to start.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/21/2017  10:25 PM
The Knicks aren't outclassed! They are simply not executing and other teams are. If they could be more efficient on BOTH ENDS it would make all the difference. Wasted possessions and poor D is killing this team.

Willy and Plumlee are better at C for this team than Noah IMO. Even when they played KP and Melo at the 4/5 it was effective but they are paying Noah so much they almost have to play him. I don't see how this is sustainable having all these 5's and no real PG?

CrushAlot
USA
1/21/2017  10:28 PM
nixluva wrote:The Knicks aren't outclassed! They are simply not executing and other teams are. If they could be more efficient on BOTH ENDS it would make all the difference. Wasted possessions and poor D is killing this team.

Willy and Plumlee are better at C for this team than Noah IMO. Even when they played KP and Melo at the 4/5 it was effective but they are paying Noah so much they almost have to play him. I don't see how this is sustainable having all these 5's and no real PG?

Pretty poor roster planning. Do you think the Knicks should trade for a point guard? I think Briante Weber will make someone look smart when he is eventually signed.
nixluva
USA
1/21/2017  10:34 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:The Knicks aren't outclassed! They are simply not executing and other teams are. If they could be more efficient on BOTH ENDS it would make all the difference. Wasted possessions and poor D is killing this team.

Pretty poor roster planning. Do you think the Knicks should trade for a point guard? I think Briante Weber will make someone look smart when he is eventually signed.

They've gotta do something. BJ started the season looking like he would provide the PG play we need but he fell off a cliff!!! We have no natural PG on the roster and that is a glaring need. I don't have a problem with Rose as a SG but he can't run the team.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/21/2017  10:36 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Yeah Crush I agree his lack of defense is really a Achilles heel. I'm not saying he has to be a top notch defender BUT even adequate defensive play would eliminate so many open looks we give to other teams

Was Booker his man from the beginning on that game winner, or was it a rotation?
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
holfresh
Member: #1081

1/21/2017  10:36 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

They've gotta do something. BJ started the season looking like he would provide the PG play we need but he fell off a cliff!!! We have no natural PG on the roster and that is a glaring need. I don't have a problem with Rose as a SG but he can't run the team.

You guys watch an entire game and come away after a loss looking for a scapegoat..Rose today??..OK..

CrushAlot
USA
1/21/2017  10:40 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I think waiving Sasha or NDour and signing Weber to a 10 day makes sense. Maybe NDour shows a lot in practice. I know they have him on a very team friendly deal but I think someone needs to go to make room for a point guard. I don't think the Knicks are waiving Sasha.
nixluva
USA
1/21/2017  10:49 PM
holfresh wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

You guys watch an entire game and come away after a loss looking for a scapegoat..Rose today??..OK..

This has been a multiplayer discussion and not just about Rose.

holfresh
Member: #1081

1/21/2017  10:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/21/2017  10:52 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I think waiving Sasha or NDour and signing Weber to a 10 day makes sense. Maybe NDour shows a lot in practice. I know they have him on a very team friendly deal but I think someone needs to go to make room for a point guard. I don't think the Knicks are waiving Sasha.

Sasha should have never made the team..We now have to put Baker out there who had no business playing the entire 4th tonight..He didn't do poorly but we need much better than what he provides..
stopstandthere
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #6004

1/21/2017  10:55 PM

They were out classed in the last min of the games, not just once.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/21/2017  10:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/21/2017  11:00 PM
holfresh wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Sasha should have never made the team..We now have to put Baker out there who had no business playing the entire 4th tonight..He didn't do poorly but we need much better than what he provides..

To be honest...as a defender, Sasha is pretty good...doing more defense/offense substitutions might be suitable.

I'm more likely to keep Ndour and waive Sasha, though. I figure Sasha is a Phil thing, but he would be the one to get rid of.

No way that Booker can be left that open for the clincher 3, however.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
USA
1/21/2017  11:06 PM
stopstandthere wrote:

They were out classed in the last min of the games, not just once.

You don't seem to understand what it means to be outclassed!!! The Knicks have been right there in these games but poor decisions, lack of effort or poor execution has caused them to lose these games that were totally winnable.

CrushAlot
USA
1/21/2017  11:08 PM
holfresh wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I wonder if Jennings and KO are moved at the deadline.
nixluva
USA
1/21/2017  11:15 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I wonder if Jennings and KO are moved at the deadline.

I'm hoping Phil can get something done before the deadline 😬 There are parts that work and some additions that need to be made to address weaknesses. Just gotta clean up the roster clutter of bigs.

GameThread: Noah and Lee are starting tonight v PHO

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy