5/16/2017  8:05 PM
EnySpree wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Chandler wrote:after watching the Celts - wiz series I'm not sure I see the Fox - Wall comparison. Wall is fast but he's also like 50 lbs heavier than Fox. That's a big difference over the course of a game let alone a series in terms of the way you can drive to the hoop, fight through screens etc.

Knicks brass will need to convince themselves that Fox can improve his shot, and maintain his speed even while putting on mass (and to the latter point it's a tall order to put on 50 pounds of relatively lean body mass

Thats why I like F Jackson. I think (sans moving up) we could actually move down a tad in a good draft --perhaps pick up another pick this year or next--take Jackson who is 6-3 202 and the best athlete in the draft--who showed at the combine its a no brainer he can play PG. He has an NBA body which IS important--kind of like DEvon Booker--was HIDDEN on a quality team--but has the goods---as many good as any of the other players. You could see how he used a combination of strength length quickness and force to get to the hoop at will. He didnt have the ball in his hands enough at Duke--when you play off ball--its a different game. BIG BIG difference between a 170 pound man and a 203 pound man with the same body fat YET the 203 pound man is just as good of an athlete

I agree re the difference in size. I'm just suspicious of the Wall comparison. And for that matter I'm not saying he needs to imitate Wall

If Phil wanted my advice (he shouldn't) he would go for a wing who plays defense and is really smart with the basketball (can score or pass). I'd be happy if they can pick up another pick somehow. And I would be happy with a pg later in the draft

Brandon Jennings is 6-1 170. Kemba Walker is 6-1 172 and starring in the NBA! The weight of a PG isn't as important as other positions.

Neither one plays defense and the smaller guards usually have to have a 3pt. game to be successful

Right but Fox is 6-3 and does play D and I actually think his shot will not be a problem in our System.

On the college level he played defense but will he be able to withstand the wear and tear of the NBA game when he will face screen after screen after screen in this heavy high PnR league?

Also, I hope the Knicks do not take that system specific approach with a top 10 pick because this system the Knicks are running could disappear in 2 years.

That's every player.... just because a guy is skinny doesn't mean he won't be able to adapt to being a pro. Heavier players have to deal With the same rigors. I mean it's a ridiculous argument. The Knicks would be lucky to get Fox. I see the bigger picture here... there is a very real possibility Fox could drop to the Knicks in the draft. So guys want to get a head start on hating guys before they even get into the league. I got you. Roger that.

hating and evaluating are two different things. You are right that it doesn't mean he won't be able to adapt but like it or not it is a concern.

AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
5/16/2017  9:54 PM
Monk at #8 Would be my preference, assuming fox doesn't drop. Monk's downside is elite bench scorer/6th man. His upside, if he develops his guard skills, is elite combo guard. He is a great shooter and athlete. His length hurts him defensively, but like harden, you play him next to a good defender and it compensates.
Knixkik
USA
5/16/2017  10:56 PM
My big board is

1. Fultz
2. Ball
3. Jackson
4. Fox
5. Tatum
6. Monk
7. Smith
8. Ntilikina

No one else matter for us. Still going to get a very good prospect. Any of these guys would go top 5 in a typical draft.

Chandler
Member: #6197

5/17/2017  6:47 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Chandler wrote:after watching the Celts - wiz series I'm not sure I see the Fox - Wall comparison. Wall is fast but he's also like 50 lbs heavier than Fox. That's a big difference over the course of a game let alone a series in terms of the way you can drive to the hoop, fight through screens etc.

Knicks brass will need to convince themselves that Fox can improve his shot, and maintain his speed even while putting on mass (and to the latter point it's a tall order to put on 50 pounds of relatively lean body mass

Thats why I like F Jackson. I think (sans moving up) we could actually move down a tad in a good draft --perhaps pick up another pick this year or next--take Jackson who is 6-3 202 and the best athlete in the draft--who showed at the combine its a no brainer he can play PG. He has an NBA body which IS important--kind of like DEvon Booker--was HIDDEN on a quality team--but has the goods---as many good as any of the other players. You could see how he used a combination of strength length quickness and force to get to the hoop at will. He didnt have the ball in his hands enough at Duke--when you play off ball--its a different game. BIG BIG difference between a 170 pound man and a 203 pound man with the same body fat YET the 203 pound man is just as good of an athlete

I agree re the difference in size. I'm just suspicious of the Wall comparison. And for that matter I'm not saying he needs to imitate Wall

If Phil wanted my advice (he shouldn't) he would go for a wing who plays defense and is really smart with the basketball (can score or pass). I'd be happy if they can pick up another pick somehow. And I would be happy with a pg later in the draft

Brandon Jennings is 6-1 170. Kemba Walker is 6-1 172 and starring in the NBA! The weight of a PG isn't as important as other positions.

Neither one plays defense and the smaller guards usually have to have a 3pt. game to be successful

Right but Fox is 6-3 and does play D and I actually think his shot will not be a problem in our System.

On the college level he played defense but will he be able to withstand the wear and tear of the NBA game when he will face screen after screen after screen in this heavy high PnR league?

Also, I hope the Knicks do not take that system specific approach with a top 10 pick because this system the Knicks are running could disappear in 2 years.

For 82 games! And the guys setting the screen are bigger and tougher

Weight is an issue but not disqualifying

Durant was and is a Bona fide wimp in weight room
Curry is slight

But if you have that build you need that much more toughness and heart bc you will get beat up

(5)(5)
Chandler
Member: #6197

5/17/2017  7:06 AM
So am I the only one who thinks celts will be contacting Phil with the #1 pick for KP

He has the length and shooting they want

Phil should of course hang up the phone when anyone mentions KP

(5)(5)
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/17/2017  7:28 AM
Chandler wrote:So am I the only one who thinks celts will be contacting Phil with the #1 pick for KP

He has the length and shooting they want

Phil should of course hang up the phone when anyone mentions KP

I think they will at least consider it and I think we should at least consider it too. I've been very disappointed in KPs diva act since the season ended - if he's this much of a diva after 2 flawed years, I dread to think what he'll be like as the face of the franchise

Cartman718
Member: #1694

5/17/2017  8:37 AM
ian begley @ espn...
Phil Jackson had a measured response to the New York Knicks dropping down to No. 8 in the lottery.

"Our opportunity [at] seven could have been 10, so eight we'll live with," Jackson said. "I think that we're good at what we do."

The Knicks last picked eighth when they selected Jordan Hill after targeting Stephen Curry.

The Knicks won four out of their final nine games to drop from the fourth worst record to tied with the Wolves for sixth. They then lost a tiebreaker with the Wolves to finish in the seventh spot.

Jackson reiterated that the club has a void to fill at guard and wing.

....and then of course dropped to 8th because of lakers leap frogging. so if we had maintained the 4h worst record we'd have picked 5th in june.

so the way i look at it...hornacek needs to monitor 5th 6th 7th picks and if either one of them does better than his rookie...he should just quit.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

5/17/2017  9:14 AM
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

5/17/2017  2:48 PM
we have advanced in the lottery...once...that's ONE TIME...UNO.
dropped 5 times and stayed at the same spot 8 times.

the curse is real. someone needs to give Ewing a call and bring him on the coaching staff with guarantee to eventually become head coach.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
5/18/2017  8:32 AM
Cartman718 wrote:we have advanced in the lottery...once...that's ONE TIME...UNO.
dropped 5 times and stayed at the same spot 8 times.

the curse is real. someone needs to give Ewing a call and bring him on the coaching staff with guarantee to eventually become head coach.

the only curse was trading picks and taking the wrong guys. Everyone talks about missing Curry and taking Jordan Hill. Few mention that Derozan was still on the board and the Knicks simply took the wrong player.

This is a good draft to pick 8 in. This is a lot like the KP draft

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
5/18/2017  10:20 AM
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/18/2017  10:56 AM
nixluva wrote:

Why in the world would they workout Kasey Hill?

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/18/2017  12:43 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

D-League, free agent camp fodder etc. It's just a workout.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
reub
Member: #6227

5/18/2017  3:44 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

D-League, free agent camp fodder etc. It's just a workout.

I like Tyler Dorsey with a late pick.

nixluva
USA
5/18/2017  3:44 PM
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/19/2017  7:50 AM
Knixkik wrote:My big board is

1. Fultz
2. Ball
3. Jackson
4. Fox
5. Tatum
6. Monk
7. Smith
8. Ntilikina

No one else matter for us. Still going to get a very good prospect. Any of these guys would go top 5 in a typical draft.

Issac I think would be up there for some teams.

Knixkik
USA
5/19/2017  10:04 AM
Nalod wrote:

1. Fultz
2. Ball
3. Jackson
4. Fox
5. Tatum
6. Monk
7. Smith
8. Ntilikina

Right, but not for us.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/19/2017  10:23 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Nalod wrote:

1. Fultz
2. Ball
3. Jackson
4. Fox
5. Tatum
6. Monk
7. Smith
8. Ntilikina

Right, but not for us.

He should be in the top 3 of the knicks board. The knicks need a potential transcendent player and Isaac has more upside than anyone. To me he is like the wing version of Myles Turner. BPA should trump need for a team like the knicks who are going to be in the lottery again.

nixluva
USA
5/19/2017  3:42 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Nalod wrote:

1. Fultz
2. Ball
3. Jackson
4. Fox
5. Tatum
6. Monk
7. Smith
8. Ntilikina

Right, but not for us.

He should be in the top 3 of the knicks board. The knicks need a potential transcendent player and Isaac has more upside than anyone. To me he is like the wing version of Myles Turner. BPA should trump need for a team like the knicks who are going to be in the lottery again.

Knicks could go Isaac #8 and try to get another 1st and go for Donovan Mitchell or Frank Jackson.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/19/2017  3:46 PM
IM not so sure Issac if on the board at 8 would not be a good pick for us.
My thinking is you take the best player available regardless of position.
The "PG" thing is not as important in my mind as "good guard". Issac is not that, but if we can obtain one thru free agency and draft Issac who might have a great upside as a stretch 4, or 3 then you go that route.
Teams when draft by position sometimes live to regret that decision.
2017 NBA Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy