[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2017 NBA Draft Thread
Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

4/19/2017  2:19 PM
I invested some time on Draftexpress finally. Unfortunately I pretty much talked myself out of loving any player

All the more respect to the real "pros" in this field who can identify which prospects can be fixed -- they all have flaws. Thinking of SAS for example where it seems they're picks consistently play better than expected

(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/20/2017  10:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/20/2017  10:42 AM
Chandler wrote:I invested some time on Draftexpress finally. Unfortunately I pretty much talked myself out of loving any player

All the more respect to the real "pros" in this field who can identify which prospects can be fixed -- they all have flaws. Thinking of SAS for example where it seems they're picks consistently play better than expected

There are no guarantees, they all have flaws. That is why teams have such a hard time rebuilding and searching for franchise players. This is a very strong draft, yet still doesn't have a can't-miss superstar. We need to count our lucky stars that KP landed on our laps and hope we can draft a good player with our pick and turn things around. Fortunately, we should have the opportunity to draft a really good player. The value of this draft is the 4-10 range, because these are guys who would be top 3-5 in 90% of drafts. The top 3 (Ball, Fultz, Jackson) are what you would expect a top 3 to be, potential all-stars. But there are many others who have that upside as well.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/23/2017  5:47 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/23/2017  5:48 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/24/2017  10:36 AM
Frank Jackson has entered the draft. Now some people have talked about how Malik Monk can help us as a PG--but really hes not a PG---but hes not an NBA 2 either. Jackson the same height is much more PG orientated with really good ball control and a unique combination of an NBA ready body 6-3 210 at 19 and the corresponding elite athleticism and efficient skill base. When people have said Monk is a clone of CJ McCollum they are off--CJ is much thicker physically. Jackson has the same size--think through the ass and legs strong upper body.
Its a player who likely is built and made for the NBA. He wouldve been a top 3 pick in last years draft if it was preps to pros still and certainly a guy who would go way up on my wish list if we acquire a later 1st rounder or early 2nd. He represents quality value there. I like Brunsone better but Jackson is a quality pick IF he stays in and we get a later 1 early 2. Hes a quality choice--hes made for the NBA. Good physical defender as well. I dont view the Knicks as savvy but rather rigid thinkers but this would be a nice grab if we can get the later 1. A Tatum Jackson draft would give us two players who would help our offense go to another level of quality while giving us the 2 way action on the D.,
RIP Crushalot😞
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/24/2017  2:11 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Strange...I actually thought about Larkin the other day when I was thinking of the players Jackson had brought over to the Knicks during his tenure.

Glad to see that he is doing OK overseas.

Can't remember why the Nets let him go...I thought he had some nice moments for them.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/24/2017  2:57 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Strange...I actually thought about Larkin the other day when I was thinking of the players Jackson had brought over to the Knicks during his tenure.

Can't remember why the Nets let him go...I thought he had some nice moments for them.

small hands

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/24/2017  9:53 PM
martin wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

small hands

why did he trade for him then? Did he not know his measurements from the combine?

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/25/2017  3:09 AM
martin wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

small hands

Shyte...didn't keep bloody Trump from getting elected...just saying.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/25/2017  10:49 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
martin wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

small hands

why did he trade for him then? Did he not know his measurements from the combine?

This kind of exacerbates the level of Phil-hating at any moment that has been going on. To be sure, I was making a joke. Came out that he had small hands and it was a small criticism of his abilities, nothing big really, and then the Trump connection too.

And you turned it into something you could take a dig at against someone who you hate already. Come on man, there are some real criticisms out there but if you feel like you need to take any small thing and tie it back, maybe time to rethink. It's tiring.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/25/2017  12:07 PM
martin wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
martin wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

small hands

This kind of exacerbates the level of Phil-hating at any moment that has been going on. To be sure, I was making a joke. Came out that he had small hands and it was a small criticism of his abilities, nothing big really, and then the Trump connection too.

And you turned it into something you could take a dig at against someone who you hate already. Come on man, there are some real criticisms out there but if you feel like you need to take any small thing and tie it back, maybe time to rethink. It's tiring.

Hard to know you are joking without the emoticons? My bad

BRIGGS
4/25/2017  9:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/25/2017  9:48 PM
Im off Frank N --every time I look at new video I see the same thing. Loose high dribble no burst PG skills highly questionable.

I dont want to come out of the draft with that. Hes off my lottery board. His value is below 15.

RIP Crushalot😞
wargames
Member: #6053

4/25/2017  10:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/25/2017  10:34 PM
The knicks should do everything they can to get a second 1st rounder and draft Hamidou Diallo. Kid could be a top 10 pick next year but is going to declare this year due to a loop hole in one-and-done

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/04/25/hamidou-diallo-kentucky-nba-draft

I don't think he'll get drafted before at least 20 but the upside is there if he can learn to shoot

Local NY product so you get that feeling if he goes somewhere else we as NYC fans will regret it

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

4/26/2017  10:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/26/2017  10:06 AM
I'm going to probably change this a few times but right now I think my top 8 order is

Jackson
Fultz
Ball (drops because of dad)
Fox
Isaac
Tatum
Monk
Smith

I will be happy with any of those players, more happy with some, less with others. However we can probably pencil some of those guys in as immediate starters, such as Monk, Tatum, Ball, Jackson or Fultz,

Worth the chance outside top 8: Z Collins, Ntlinkina, Markkanen

Likely in the range we're at (7) I'll be pleased with one of Tatum, Isaac, Monk or Smith. I think any of those 4 could do some immediate work for us and develop into longterm starters/core players.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/26/2017  10:43 AM
I really still like OG Anonuby. There are some guys I would take him over in the top ten right now.

If it's possible to trade back a few spots - Anonuby is slotted 11-15. If we could trade back a little and get some assets. I'd consider that.

¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
4/26/2017  11:23 AM
wargames wrote:The knicks should do everything they can to get a second 1st rounder and draft Hamidou Diallo. Kid could be a top 10 pick next year but is going to declare this year due to a loop hole in one-and-done

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/04/25/hamidou-diallo-kentucky-nba-draft

I don't think he'll get drafted before at least 20 but the upside is there if he can learn to shoot

Local NY product so you get that feeling if he goes somewhere else we as NYC fans will regret it

He was supposed to go to Uconn next year and duped them to go to Kentucky(which it appear he will never go to) You know hed probably be a top 3 pick in 2018 so at 7 or 8 Id be open to thinking about moving down and taking a player like this if Tatum is gone. This is the type of 2 guard athlete that I personally like--but to be fair hes also a project like Frank--not as advanced as Frank BUT hes got the it factor with elite 2 guard athleticism--which almost no player has coming into the draft. His upside becomes very high---but hes got a 1/2 to 1 year in the D league coming to him to work on his jumpshot and overall game. He does have an MJ like short range turn around jumpshot--remember MJ couldnt shoot 3's early in his career--but same athlete.

If we could trade down to Portland for all their picks and go Collins Jackson Diallo and lets say Derrick White with pick 57--I think that would be a good draft. Id be down with that. I m starting to think spreading my risk around may be smart.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/26/2017  1:58 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Im off Frank N --every time I look at new video I see the same thing. Loose high dribble no burst PG skills highly questionable.

I dont want to come out of the draft with that. Hes off my lottery board. His value is below 15.

He's still probably the best defender in the draft and can shoot. Ball handling will improve. Of course he's a project, but he should develop into a George Hill/Jrue Holiday type.

wargames

4/26/2017  3:42 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
wargames wrote:The knicks should do everything they can to get a second 1st rounder and draft Hamidou Diallo. Kid could be a top 10 pick next year but is going to declare this year due to a loop hole in one-and-done

He was supposed to go to Uconn next year and duped them to go to Kentucky(which it appear he will never go to) You know hed probably be a top 3 pick in 2018 so at 7 or 8 Id be open to thinking about moving down and taking a player like this if Tatum is gone. This is the type of 2 guard athlete that I personally like--but to be fair hes also a project like Frank--not as advanced as Frank BUT hes got the it factor with elite 2 guard athleticism--which almost no player has coming into the draft. His upside becomes very high---but hes got a 1/2 to 1 year in the D league coming to him to work on his jumpshot and overall game. He does have an MJ like short range turn around jumpshot--remember MJ couldnt shoot 3's early in his career--but same athlete.

If we could trade down to Portland for all their picks and go Collins Jackson Diallo and lets say Derrick White with pick 57--I think that would be a good draft. Id be down with that. I m starting to think spreading my risk around may be smart.

Yeah I think we could keep #7 and then just trade for one of Portlands picks. They need to shed salary and as a 8th seed they want to get better sooner than later. A trade for O'Quinn to them or taking back Turner or Crabbe should be more than enough to get one or even two of their picks.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/26/2017  4:22 PM
How about Wesley Iwundu 6-7 SG Kansas St. and Edmund Sumner 6-5 PG Xavier with our two 2nd rd picks? Big and long Guards that have defensive potential.
wargames

4/26/2017  4:44 PM
nixluva wrote:How about Wesley Iwundu 6-7 SG Kansas St. and Edmund Sumner 6-5 PG Xavier with our two 2nd rd picks? Big and long Guards that have defensive potential.

I like Wesley Iwundu. On paper he is everything that Phil likes

2017 NBA Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy