[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2017 NBA Draft Thread
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
3/27/2017  3:52 PM
I don't think this is worth its own thread, but Berman says according to an "NBA source" the Knicks are intrigued by Josh Jackson and they'd consider taking him if he's there when they pick. I'm down with that.

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/27/2017  4:18 PM
crzymdups wrote:I don't think this is worth its own thread, but Berman says according to an "NBA source" the Knicks are intrigued by Josh Jackson and they'd consider taking him if he's there when they pick. I'm down with that.

If the goal is essentially drafting a defensive-minded, point-forward, i agree this is a great option. Sort of like a Scottie Pippen as far as triangle-fit. It allows more options in the backcourt. But i am still thinking he goes top 3 and i don't think we end up there.

wargames
Member: #6053

3/27/2017  4:20 PM
crzymdups wrote:I don't think this is worth its own thread, but Berman says according to an "NBA source" the Knicks are intrigued by Josh Jackson and they'd consider taking him if he's there when they pick. I'm down with that.

I mean Phil won chips with Pippin and Odom.... so it's a known fact he loves SF who are Point Forwards. Also Josh Jackson is considered the 3rd best player in the draft...... if he falls to the Knicks at #4 (best case scenario) they would be crazy not to get him.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
crzymdups
USA
3/27/2017  4:29 PM
wargames wrote:

I mean Phil won chips with Pippin and Odom.... so it's a known fact he loves SF who are Point Forwards. Also Josh Jackson is considered the 3rd best player in the draft...... if he falls to the Knicks at #4 (best case scenario) they would be crazy not to get him.

Never know what can happen in the lottery... teams that have the 4th worst record move up into the top three picks all the time.

¿ △ ?
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/27/2017  4:58 PM

I like that that Bermen thinks that thought requires an NBA source. Knicks would consider taking a top 3 player in the draft if they land a top three pick- who'd of thunk it?!

crzymdups
USA
3/27/2017  5:26 PM
smackeddog wrote:

I like that that Bermen thinks that thought requires an NBA source. Knicks would consider taking a top 3 player in the draft if they land a top three pick- who'd of thunk it?!

Well, some people are stuck on the conventional wisdom that the Knicks would take a point guard because it's a guard heavy draft. I don't think that's a given.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
3/27/2017  6:12 PM
Euro stock report from Draft.net on Frank Ntilikina and others -

http://www.nbadraft.net/european-stock-watch-8

Stock Up

Frank Ntilikina (98', 6-5, PG, France, Strasbourg)

Frank Ntilikina
Frank Ntilikina
After several months as a back up point guard, the French prospect is now officially the starting point guard of his team. And the truth is that he seems to be up for the challenge! Ntilikina was terrific over the past month, particularly at the end of the month of February. He's had some really good games against very good competition, especially with a game against Aris in the elimitation round of Basketball Champions League, where he wasn't afraid of the big stage. He's had a few low scoring outputs recently but the team has been winning. The truth is that the scouts were already in love with him and the things that he can do on both ends of the floor. Now it's up to Ntilikina to prove to everyone that all this noise about him is legit.

¿ △ ?
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/27/2017  6:18 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:I'm on the use-a-second-on-Sindarius-Thornwell bandwagon

I'd be cool with that. I'm targeting Williams-Goss for the second round. I think he'd fit in the triangle as rotation guard down the line, kinda like late career Brian Shaw.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
wargames

3/27/2017  7:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/27/2017  7:32 PM
crzymdups wrote:Euro stock report from Draft.net on Frank Ntilikina and others -

Stock Up

Frank Ntilikina
Frank Ntilikina
After several months as a back up point guard, the French prospect is now officially the starting point guard of his team. And the truth is that he seems to be up for the challenge! Ntilikina was terrific over the past month, particularly at the end of the month of February. He's had some really good games against very good competition, especially with a game against Aris in the elimitation round of Basketball Champions League, where he wasn't afraid of the big stage. He's had a few low scoring outputs recently but the team has been winning. The truth is that the scouts were already in love with him and the things that he can do on both ends of the floor. Now it's up to Ntilikina to prove to everyone that all this noise about him is legit.

Here is the game between Aris and Ntilkina's team. His defense and that 3 or shot look real good. Also his arms are really long...... maybe those 6'11 wingspan rumors are true. It looks like he only plays in the first half. He doesn't really drive but with his skinny frame I understand why.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/27/2017  8:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/27/2017  8:19 PM
wargames wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Euro stock report from Draft.net on Frank Ntilikina and others -

Stock Up

Frank Ntilikina
Frank Ntilikina

Here is the game between Aris and Ntilkina's team. His defense and that 3 or shot look real good. Also his arms are really long...... maybe those 6'11 wingspan rumors are true. It looks like he only plays in the first half. He doesn't really drive but with his skinny frame I understand why.

If he can defend, hit open shots, and move the ball, he would be a rotation player right away. I think he would be a great fit, my only concern is, in a draft full of high upside guys, does he have star potential...

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

3/27/2017  10:07 PM
nixluva wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
crzymdups wrote:De'Aaron Fox after the loss. This makes me like him even more.

I might sound finicky but that to me makes Fox my pick as well. That video gives me the feeling he will never stop working on his game because losing is just that personal to him. He'd suck in the triangle but.....the triangle might not be played for very much longer...

Fox wouldn't suck in the Triangle. He's too talented and patient to suck. If you watch him play he isn't just 100mph all the time. He gives it up and allows the balk to move before getting it back. He knows when to attack or turn it on. He'd be in the Jordan/Kobe role and not the Kerr/Fisher role. He defends too. I think Phil would LOVE this kid.

He can't shoot and to be a triangle PG, you need to be able to space the floor and move without the ball.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

3/27/2017  10:27 PM

Stock Up

Frank Ntilikina
Frank Ntilikina

Still very interested in him, but I need to see some full games of his where I only watch him, and not rely on highlights.

Did this with Fox and I was impressed. I also think Fox's shooting form is not as bad as I had heard. With time I think Fox can be a special player...would be very satisfied if we ended up with him.

These are the two guys I'm looking at right now...larger PGs who are team oriented players who can also play D.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

3/27/2017  10:31 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
nixluva wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

I might sound finicky but that to me makes Fox my pick as well. That video gives me the feeling he will never stop working on his game because losing is just that personal to him. He'd suck in the triangle but.....the triangle might not be played for very much longer...

Fox wouldn't suck in the Triangle. He's too talented and patient to suck. If you watch him play he isn't just 100mph all the time. He gives it up and allows the balk to move before getting it back. He knows when to attack or turn it on. He'd be in the Jordan/Kobe role and not the Kerr/Fisher role. He defends too. I think Phil would LOVE this kid.

He can't shoot and to be a triangle PG, you need to be able to space the floor and move without the ball.

Not sure he is as bad a shooter as you believe...His form is not terrible. Watch that last 3 he took from the corner...beautiful form. Consistency comes with time...I think his shooting will be fine from what I have seen.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/27/2017  10:33 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
nixluva wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Do I need to list the many PG's that improved their shooting in the NBA? The kid's shot isn't broken. I think he'll be fine with more work. Just so you know Ron Harper played PG for Phil and wasn't a strong shooter.

wargames

3/27/2017  10:40 PM
welp forget Josh Jackson...... Dumb knicks gonna win dumb games
crzymdups
USA
3/27/2017  10:43 PM
wargames wrote:welp forget Josh Jackson...... Dumb knicks gonna win dumb games

I think they could lose every game until the Sixers game to close the year... have to keep the faith.

Though if we beat Miami Wednesday we're in sole possession of 8th in the lotto standings aka the Jordan Hill Zone.

¿ △ ?
wargames

3/27/2017  10:44 PM
crzymdups wrote:

I think they could lose every game until the Sixers game to close the year... have to keep the faith.

Though if we beat Miami Wednesday we're in sole possession of 8th in the lotto standings aka the Jordan Hill Zone.

I think they are dumb enough to ignore reality and try to win pointless games. The players spiting the FO even if in the long run it hurts them more.

crzymdups
USA
3/27/2017  10:48 PM
wargames wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

I think they are dumb enough to ignore reality and try to win pointless games. The players spiting the FO even if in the long run it hurts them more.

I think this Pistons team is a mess right now. Miami is playing great, even with some injuries. I hope they're smarter about this stuff to close out the year... one win won't kill us... but winning three in a row right now would just be a knife in the gut.

¿ △ ?
WaltLongmire

3/27/2017  11:14 PM
wargames wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Guys are playing for contracts or positioning themselves to be trade-worthy. Rose it playing for what might be his last big contract. No way he's thinking about tanking...and from his perspective he is doing the right thing for his career.

If you watched this game you would have thought the Knicks were the ones making a push for the playoffs and the Pistons were playing for a better pick in the draft...

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

3/28/2017  9:04 AM
nixluva wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
nixluva wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Do I need to list the many PG's that improved their shooting in the NBA? The kid's shot isn't broken. I think he'll be fine with more work. Just so you know Ron Harper played PG for Phil and wasn't a strong shooter.

Go ahead and list PG's that couldn't shoot and became good enough at it in this era of space-and-pace basketball.

2017 NBA Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy