[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2017 NBA Draft Thread
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
1/21/2017  4:32 PM
callmened wrote:#forkintheroad...

Do you tank or try to make the playoffs only to get massacred in the 1st rd.

Ps ...I wouldn't trade anymore picks...especially a 1st Rd pick. Also I don't know if the combo of willy, Kuz and baker will get much.

If it was up to me, I'd try to trade any vet with value...like Lee or rose or noah (if some gm wants to lose their job by trading for him). In the meantime play the young role players like baker, O'Quinn, holiday. That way they get experience but they're not good enough to win games. Lastly pray to the bball gods to land a top 7 pick.

I op for tanking, mainly because I don't want Rose long term and there's no chance we sign a PG of substance in the offseason. That leaves us with aging Melo and KP- not enough going forward

AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/21/2017  9:21 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Ps ...I wouldn't trade anymore picks...especially a 1st Rd pick. Also I don't know if the combo of willy, Kuz and baker will get much.

If it was up to me, I'd try to trade any vet with value...like Lee or rose or noah (if some gm wants to lose their job by trading for him). In the meantime play the young role players like baker, O'Quinn, holiday. That way they get experience but they're not good enough to win games. Lastly pray to the bball gods to land a top 7 pick.

I op for tanking, mainly because I don't want Rose long term and there's no chance we sign a PG of substance in the offseason. That leaves us with aging Melo and KP- not enough going forward

I'd try to keep our kids, definitely keep our pick, try to sign Jrue Holiday in the off-season, draft OG Anunoby. I'd be okay bringing back Jennings on the cheap at backup PG.

I'd try to move Lance and Noah, if at all possible. I'd just let DRose go elsewhere this summer. If they can move him for a pick it might be worth it.

Jrue the Destroyer, Jennings, Baker
CLee, Justin Holiday
OG Anunoby, Kuz, some Melo here
Melo, some KP here
KP, KOQ, Willy

It'd be nice to draft another 4 and guard in the second round...

¿ △ ?
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

1/21/2017  10:13 PM
Id rather get as good of a pick as possible instead of getting destroyed as the 8th seed. Maybe trading Rose and possibly KOQ gives us the extra picks to move around into the first round again
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/22/2017  12:54 AM
Tank tank tank!
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
smackeddog
1/22/2017  4:30 AM
That was a good night for draft chances- a lot of bad teams with worse records than us won. Now one more loss and we shoot up to tie the Sixers for losses (who are in 7th place) and two more losses and we tie in losses with the Twolves (they're in 6th).

Honestly we need to lose now because there will be a lot of teams with worse records than us tanking hard in a few weeks time- we need to get the jump on them now. We still have 5 more wins than the the team with the second worse record (Miami). We're on: 19-26, Heat are on 14-30 (but we do still have two games vs the heat to play near the end of the season)- WE HAVE TO KEEP LOSING!

callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

1/22/2017  11:13 AM
crzymdups wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I'd try to keep our kids, definitely keep our pick, try to sign Jrue Holiday in the off-season, draft OG Anunoby. I'd be okay bringing back Jennings on the cheap at backup PG.

I'd try to move Lance and Noah, if at all possible. I'd just let DRose go elsewhere this summer. If they can move him for a pick it might be worth it.

Jrue the Destroyer, Jennings, Baker
CLee, Justin Holiday
OG Anunoby, Kuz, some Melo here
Melo, some KP here
KP, KOQ, Willy

It'd be nice to draft another 4 and guard in the second round...

i dont know if this changes who you would draft (like it does mine)but OG Anunoby just ended his season after suffering an ACL injury. unfortunately im sure his stock will drop

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/22/2017  12:57 PM
Yeah I dont think Anunoby will be a lottery pick anymore.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/22/2017  2:43 PM
smackeddog wrote:That was a good night for draft chances- a lot of bad teams with worse records than us won. Now one more loss and we shoot up to tie the Sixers for losses (who are in 7th place) and two more losses and we tie in losses with the Twolves (they're in 6th).

Honestly we need to lose now because there will be a lot of teams with worse records than us tanking hard in a few weeks time- we need to get the jump on them now. We still have 5 more wins than the the team with the second worse record (Miami). We're on: 19-26, Heat are on 14-30 (but we do still have two games vs the heat to play near the end of the season)- WE HAVE TO KEEP LOSING!

Not even at the all star break yet . Defeatism masquerading as pragmatism.

smackeddog
1/22/2017  2:47 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:That was a good night for draft chances- a lot of bad teams with worse records than us won. Now one more loss and we shoot up to tie the Sixers for losses (who are in 7th place) and two more losses and we tie in losses with the Twolves (they're in 6th).

More a case of pragmatism masquerading as defeatism

Honestly, we suck- you know this in your heart. Do you want to pay and build around Rose? (Serious question)

That's why we get the jump on it now- leave it until all star and all those teams ahead will be tanking and we won't have a hope of a top 5 pick.

GustavBahler

1/22/2017  3:02 PM
smackeddog wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Honestly, we suck- you know this in your heart. Do you want to pay and build around Rose? (Serious question)

That's why we get the jump on it now- leave it until all star and all those teams ahead will be tanking and we won't have a hope of a top 5 pick.

If we were near the end of the season, I could understand this. But this tanking BS seems to start earlier and earlier. Enough already. Im sure KP loves the idea of flushing the season halfway into it, and within striking distance of the playoffs so he and everyone else can watch some ping ping balls in a glass jar. Thats not how you keep talent. If Hinkie hadnt been fired, they would be still tanking.

We talk about this team not having the will to win, changing the culture. Tanking halfway into the season wont accomplish that.

callmened

1/22/2017  5:45 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

If we were near the end of the season, I could understand this. But this tanking BS seems to start earlier and earlier. Enough already. Im sure KP loves the idea of flushing the season halfway into it, and within striking distance of the playoffs so he and everyone else can watch some ping ping balls in a glass jar. Thats not how you keep talent. If Hinkie hadnt been fired, they would be still tanking.

We talk about this team not having the will to win, changing the culture. Tanking halfway into the season wont accomplish that.

absolutely fair points all around...one could argue that its too early to tank

but i think its clear to most people (at least to me) that this team does NOT have much potential to do damage in the playoffs (if they even make the playoffs). at the very BEST, their caught in NBA purgatory as a "mediocre-middle-of-the-pack" team. its THAT status that i worry about - because there's little opportunity to succeed or little opportunity to get a high draft pick

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
GustavBahler

1/22/2017  6:33 PM
callmened wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

but i think its clear to most people (at least to me) that this team does NOT have much potential to do damage in the playoffs (if they even make the playoffs). at the very BEST, their caught in NBA purgatory as a "mediocre-middle-of-the-pack" team. its THAT status that i worry about - because there's little opportunity to succeed or little opportunity to get a high draft pick

The difference now IMO and all those years in purgatory, is that we drafted our potential franchise player. Not only that, through the draft and free agency, we have the most rookies (of varying age) playing in the league. So when I hear, lets tank not even at the all star break, I wonder if its a case of not seeing the forest through the trees. We wanted yoots, we got yoots, time to let them learn to win.

The only way I would be on board with the team falling in the rankings, would be if it meant moving Noah/Rose/Melo. Something to make the team more competitive. The end result might be the same, but its not the same thing as tanking. Sends a different message to the players.

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

1/23/2017  12:08 AM
Are there any scenarios where we could pursue a pick swap with a team that has a poorer record than we do?
callmened

1/23/2017  2:51 AM
NardDogNation wrote:Are there any scenarios where we could pursue a pick swap with a team that has a poorer record than we do?

why would a poorer team want to pick swap with us?

callmened

1/23/2017  2:53 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
callmened wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

The difference now IMO and all those years in purgatory, is that we drafted our potential franchise player. Not only that, through the draft and free agency, we have the most rookies (of varying age) playing in the league. So when I hear, lets tank not even at the all star break, I wonder if its a case of not seeing the forest through the trees. We wanted yoots, we got yoots, time to let them learn to win.

The only way I would be on board with the team falling in the rankings, would be if it meant moving Noah/Rose/Melo. Something to make the team more competitive. The end result might be the same, but its not the same thing as tanking. Sends a different message to the players.

i vote for pseudo-tanking then...let the youth play: baker, holiday, willy, etc etc...they might even be more competitive. but let them gain experience. most likely theyre not THAT good anyways so we can keep losing to get a good pick.

smackeddog
1/23/2017  3:51 AM
Twolves, Suns and Mavs all won tonight- that's good
wargames
Member: #6053

1/23/2017  9:39 AM
callmened wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
callmened wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

i vote for pseudo-tanking then...let the youth play: baker, holiday, willy, etc etc...they might even be more competitive. but let them gain experience. most likely theyre not THAT good anyways so we can keep losing to get a good pick.

Some teams may require heavy minutes from Noah........

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
callmened

1/23/2017  11:42 AM
wargames wrote:
callmened wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
callmened wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Some teams may require heavy minutes from Noah........

even better. noah helps our chances at losing. lol. smh

GustavBahler

1/23/2017  1:22 PM
callmened wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
callmened wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Curious as to how good they need to be beyond quality role players? Its not about hitting a home run every time. Right now they all look like they have a chance of being that. If we could trade one or more of them to move up in the draft for an all star caliber PG, I would do it. Absent of that opportunity, all our rooks have shown something at one time or another during the season. Thats good news.

Chandler
Member: #6197

1/23/2017  1:30 PM
callmened wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
callmened wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

i'm in this camp. also think outright tanking is just bad karma

(5)(5)
2017 NBA Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy