[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2017 NBA Draft Thread
Author Thread
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

3/20/2017  11:13 PM
crzymdups wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:If Boston or Lakers end up with the top pick do they trade down? If so would we be prepared to trade up? what would it take? I just can't see those teams adding a PG

If the Lakers get #1, I can't see Magic Johnson passing on Lonzo Ball for Showtime 2. You move D'Angelo Russell in that scenario.

Why couldn't they just slide Russell to the 2 and have a two-PG front like the Suns use to have with Dragic and Bledsoe?

AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
3/20/2017  11:20 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:If Boston or Lakers end up with the top pick do they trade down? If so would we be prepared to trade up? what would it take? I just can't see those teams adding a PG

If the Lakers get #1, I can't see Magic Johnson passing on Lonzo Ball for Showtime 2. You move D'Angelo Russell in that scenario.

Why couldn't they just slide Russell to the 2 and have a two-PG front like the Suns use to have with Dragic and Bledsoe?

They could do that, too. I just can't see Magic passing on Lonzo Ball.

¿ △ ?
Chandler
Member: #6197

3/20/2017  11:26 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
JamaicanJetFan wrote:Not impressed at all with Malik Monk. I think his best case scenario is a shorter Jamal Crawford.

He has worn down--no doubt about that--hes a wildcard. When you first got to see Kentucky--the guy looked like an athletic version of something between a superstar 4 point shooter and maybe a young Monta Ellis. He had 7-8 3's against Michigan State 47 points and 7-8 3's against North Carolina--as a freshmen. I think as the season has worn down--so has he. Hes built somewhat slight--Hes an undersized two guard. He doesnt have great ball handling skills--good but no where near great. Every single player will need to be checked out. He started hot and just has fallen off--but hes also a freshmen.

Sounds like steph curry coming out of college

Hope our scouts are up to snuff but sounds exactly like the pick u need to trust ur gut and have some Nads to boot

I don't follow college hoops but the one full game I watched this year kid looked legit

(5)(5)
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

3/20/2017  11:35 PM
crzymdups wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

They could do that, too. I just can't see Magic passing on Lonzo Ball.

Nor can I. Hennigan is on the hot seat and will likely look for a splash to keep his job. Passing on sure-fire talent for lesser talent and future assets does not further that agenda.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/20/2017  11:45 PM
Chandler wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
JamaicanJetFan wrote:Not impressed at all with Malik Monk. I think his best case scenario is a shorter Jamal Crawford.

He has worn down--no doubt about that--hes a wildcard. When you first got to see Kentucky--the guy looked like an athletic version of something between a superstar 4 point shooter and maybe a young Monta Ellis. He had 7-8 3's against Michigan State 47 points and 7-8 3's against North Carolina--as a freshmen. I think as the season has worn down--so has he. Hes built somewhat slight--Hes an undersized two guard. He doesnt have great ball handling skills--good but no where near great. Every single player will need to be checked out. He started hot and just has fallen off--but hes also a freshmen.

Hope our scouts are up to snuff but sounds exactly like the pick u need to trust ur gut and have some Nads to boot

I don't follow college hoops but the one full game I watched this year kid looked legit

My fear with Monk is that it seems as defenses have tightened in the SEC tournie and NCAAs, he's sort of disappeared. I've seen only a few of his games from before that and he looked great back then. I don't know if that means anything too serious... but I've definitely been way more impressed by Fox during the SECs and NCAA tournie.

If we drafted him, I'd still be pretty excited.

¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/20/2017  11:55 PM
My personal God willing wish list
Pick # 1 Lonzo Ball
Future pick for pick 17 John Collins
Pick 44 Josh Hart Dillon Brooks or Tyler Dorsey
Pick 57 Zeek Woodley (westchester)
Undrafted Deonte Burton( westchester)
RIP Crushalot😞
Chandler

3/21/2017  12:21 AM
crzymdups wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

My fear with Monk is that it seems as defenses have tightened in the SEC tournie and NCAAs, he's sort of disappeared. I've seen only a few of his games from before that and he looked great back then. I don't know if that means anything too serious... but I've definitely been way more impressed by Fox during the SECs and NCAA tournie.

I'll be honest. Years back (20+) I used to watch every college game I could I was absolutely horrible about projecting future success (e.g. Anyone remember derrick Chavous -- nah I didn't think so; in my book he was a slam dunk super star; what about Willie glass??)

Point being, I stunk then and I watched the games. My opinion about college players now is worse

One thing though. Monk can shoot accurately w quick release. I agree w Briggs. I think he got tired. Personally I want more D and athleticism but this guy intrigues me. Teams are talking themselves out of drafting him. Too small etc. but the eye test is good as far as talent goes.

Flynn and Rubio got picked before steph w teams doing same thing. (Btw for all the boards kevetching Knicks would have picked Rubio over steph too).

(5)(5)
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

3/21/2017  12:52 AM
Very much in striking distance of the 4th slot after tonight.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/21/2017  1:13 AM
Chandler wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I'll be honest. Years back (20+) I used to watch every college game I could I was absolutely horrible about projecting future success (e.g. Anyone remember derrick Chavous -- nah I didn't think so; in my book he was a slam dunk super star; what about Willie glass??)

Point being, I stunk then and I watched the games. My opinion about college players now is worse

One thing though. Monk can shoot accurately w quick release. I agree w Briggs. I think he got tired. Personally I want more D and athleticism but this guy intrigues me. Teams are talking themselves out of drafting him. Too small etc. but the eye test is good as far as talent goes.

Flynn and Rubio got picked before steph w teams doing same thing. (Btw for all the boards kevetching Knicks would have picked Rubio over steph too).

Also the NBA Pro game is better suited for a kid like him. There's so much more space and he's gonna be able to get screens and be open more often with the greater spacing in the NBA. He will have to show he's better with the ball as well since he's gonna have to play PG with his very slight build.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/21/2017  1:20 AM
nixluva wrote:
Chandler wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Also the NBA Pro game is better suited for a kid like him. There's so much more space and he's gonna be able to get screens and be open more often with the greater spacing in the NBA. He will have to show he's better with the ball as well since he's gonna have to play PG with his very slight build.

I don't think this team can afford to take Monk unless he goes to personal workouts and just drops their jaws. I don't want to rule anything out but if the guy tired out after 30 games what's he going to do with 100? He's got some bust characteristics -- we need safety

RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/21/2017  4:37 AM
crzymdups wrote:

They were experimenting with Russell off the bench recently, so might keep him as sixth man. However the Suns are tanking hard, they could get the 2nd spot from the Lakers, and come the lottery, Lakers could still end up slipping out of the top 3 and having to surrender their pick, which would be an absolute disaster (and it also means they then have to give up their 2019).

Chandler

3/21/2017  9:46 AM
nixluva wrote:
Chandler wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

That's what they said w steph too.

Again I have only watched one game and admittedly stink at projecting talents to NBA. Just seems I've heard this story before

3 concerns for me:
1) is he smart.
2) is he dedicated. Ie is he a gym rat dedicated to getting better
3) injuries. (Again no idea but some slight guys are always dinged up and others never are)

(5)(5)
Chandler

3/21/2017  9:48 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Chandler wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I don't think this team can afford to take Monk unless he goes to personal workouts and just drops their jaws. I don't want to rule anything out but if the guy tired out after 30 games what's he going to do with 100? He's got some bust characteristics -- we need safety

This is a good point. It could be worn down. It could be other teams started playing him tougher e.g. Chucking him etc

(5)(5)
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/21/2017  10:13 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Chandler wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I think he's relatively safe because he has elite athleticism and outside shooting to fall back on. If he never develops the other parts of his game, he will still be a productive NBA player.

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

3/21/2017  12:27 PM
callmened wrote:
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:For someone who has no offensive game, he is killing Miles Bridges right now.

There's a reason Josh Jackson is so high on the draft boards. Sometimes the college game makes it harder for some people to see what makes a player special. Just gotta watch long enough and you'll usually see it.

yep. if he shoots like he did today then ill join the josh jackson bandwagon. he was AMAZING

TPercy - MKG comparison was a stretch but as long as you got my point. if jumper is mediocre at best. but obviously he proved otherwise. if he shoots like that he has the most upside of anyone in the draft

I agree. We could easily be looking at our own Kwahi if the man upstairs can bless the Knicks was a top 3 pick.

The Future is Bright!
Cartman718
Member: #1694

3/21/2017  2:55 PM
PG is the toughest position to play...there are several good ones in this draft.
We need one bad.
Why does draft express have us picking a PF? What do they know that we dont??

Also..the PG we pick needs to be cerebral, not a super athlete who won't involve his teammates.
Never heard of this Frank Nti...guy, but shooting wise seems like the percentages are right....how's the defense?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/21/2017  3:58 PM
Cartman718 wrote:PG is the toughest position to play...there are several good ones in this draft.
We need one bad.

Also..the PG we pick needs to be cerebral, not a super athlete who won't involve his teammates.
Never heard of this Frank Nti...guy, but shooting wise seems like the percentages are right....how's the defense?

He's got freakish long arms and shows great defensive potential. Of course all of this is theoretical since we have very little to go on. One thing tho is he's already shown his high BBIQ and playmaking ability which translates to any level IMO.

smackeddog
Member: #883
3/21/2017  4:30 PM
Cartman718 wrote:PG is the toughest position to play...there are several good ones in this draft.
We need one bad.

At this stage, draft express just rank in order of talent not team need

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/21/2017  8:02 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/21/2017  8:11 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

ADAM MAKE IT SO!!!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
2017 NBA Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy