Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
3/17/2017  11:21 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
reub wrote:I think that Frank is meant to be a Knick, and a good one. But with the way we've been playing we just might have a chance at Ball or Fultz too.

Ntilikina is just like KP was last year. The measurables are great but he's really young, skinny and untested like the rest of the NCAA kids. This is where our scouts really have to come through again. There is such a need for a SPECIAL player in the backcourt for this team. Ntilikina, Fox and Monk are right in range where we might end up.

Kp is 7-3 and played in a high major league. No way would I spend such a high pick on such a risk. Take a John Collins or a Miles Bridges if we are below 7--be smart and safe. Look at my list of players by the way-- all have excellent advanced stats-- I'm not even that big on Bridges if it were up to me we'd pick john collins without hesitation after pick 7 . Bridges would be my back up pick. John collins is a MF stud under rated player who could be an nba star. Kp is te start ing C we need. Pf collins is perfect and SAFE

For all we know Ntilikina might be a #1 overall pick level player! Remember that Ntilikina is 18 and we'd be getting him earlier than KP. It's hard to say just what his ceiling might be. He's got a ton of physical talent, skill and BB IQ. It's a risk but that's why you have scouts!!! That's why you do workouts!

There are reasons why Ntilikina is ranked so high. Of course there are no guarantees with any pick.
I wouldn't write the kid off so easily.

AUTOADVERT
JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

3/17/2017  11:50 AM
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
reub wrote:I think that Frank is meant to be a Knick, and a good one. But with the way we've been playing we just might have a chance at Ball or Fultz too.

Ntilikina is just like KP was last year. The measurables are great but he's really young, skinny and untested like the rest of the NCAA kids. This is where our scouts really have to come through again. There is such a need for a SPECIAL player in the backcourt for this team. Ntilikina, Fox and Monk are right in range where we might end up.

Kp is 7-3 and played in a high major league. No way would I spend such a high pick on such a risk. Take a John Collins or a Miles Bridges if we are below 7--be smart and safe. Look at my list of players by the way-- all have excellent advanced stats-- I'm not even that big on Bridges if it were up to me we'd pick john collins without hesitation after pick 7 . Bridges would be my back up pick. John collins is a MF stud under rated player who could be an nba star. Kp is te start ing C we need. Pf collins is perfect and SAFE

For all we know Ntilikina might be a #1 overall pick level player! Remember that Ntilikina is 18 and we'd be getting him earlier than KP. It's hard to say just what his ceiling might be. He's got a ton of physical talent, skill and BB IQ. It's a risk but that's why you have scouts!!! That's why you do workouts!

There are reasons why Ntilikina is ranked so high. Of course there are no guarantees with any pick.

This and the fact that he's probably the best defensive guard in this draft.

nixluva
USA
3/17/2017  2:02 PM
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:

It's EXTREMELY rare to get a legit defensive PG that is sound in all other aspects of the game too!!!
What if he turns into a poor man's Gary Payton?

smackeddog
Member: #883
3/17/2017  2:29 PM
JrZyHuStLa wrote:No love for Isaac?

17 points , 10 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 blocks, 2 steals.

Hmm...

Everyone seems to have completely cooled on him- I'm still curious as I'm in a kind of a gambling mood when it comes to our pick.

Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
3/17/2017  3:32 PM
If we're outside the top three I'm all aboard the Frank train. As I posted in another thread he seems like a can't miss.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/17/2017  5:14 PM
nixluva wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:

It's EXTREMELY rare to get a legit defensive PG that is sound in all other aspects of the game too!!!
What if he turns into a poor man's Gary Payton?

I go back and forth on him. He might take a while. People were saying Dante Exum might be the best player in his draft.

I'd be intrigued if we took him... But it might take a few years to really know what you have with him. If he's at all good, he has the tools to be a special player.

I've been wondering - he could be the next Exum or he could be more like a Giannis level talent. Hard to tell against that level of competition.

¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/17/2017  7:41 PM
If we fall out of top 6 or the core 4 are gone-- I'd take John Collins and it's a no brainer-- he was the best player in the best league6-10 245 and plays 3 feet over the rim his advanced stats are off the chart. If u watched him you know no team could stop him -- even playing against the best competition night after night. He's a plug in play 4. No time needed to develop. Kp at 5 collins at 4 wily g back up. From there we will out the roster piece by piece and it's much easier
RIP Crushalot😞
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

3/17/2017  8:18 PM
Luke Kennard is probably Duke's best player this year. I know Tatum is higher rated on the drafts, but this guy is deadly. Insane shooting, high IQ, great court vision and passing. Not a great athlete but can be a adequate defender.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nixluva
USA
3/17/2017  10:28 PM
Very good Tank Night for the Knicks! Philly and NOP won and the Bulls lost!
Zebo13
USA
3/17/2017  10:36 PM
Just the eye test so far in this battle for Kentucky lol, I would not want to draft Fox. He doesn't look like an NBA caliber prospect. Great college player I'm sure.
crzymdups
USA
3/17/2017  10:41 PM
The more I see of De'Aaron Fox, the more I would be very comfortable drafting him. His jumper is improving. He has decent form. And he's just a huge, range-y PG who gets up and down the floor.
¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
3/17/2017  10:46 PM
Zebo13 wrote:Just the eye test so far in this battle for Kentucky lol, I would not want to draft Fox. He doesn't look like an NBA caliber prospect. Great college player I'm sure.

Hahaha I didn't even see this before I made my previous post. I like Fox quite a bit though. I think he'll be top 5/6/7 when all is said and done. Prob right in our range. Fox just basically went on a one man 10-0 run.

¿ △ ?
Zebo13
USA
3/17/2017  10:58 PM
crzymdups wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:Just the eye test so far in this battle for Kentucky lol, I would not want to draft Fox. He doesn't look like an NBA caliber prospect. Great college player I'm sure.

Hahaha I didn't even see this before I made my previous post. I like Fox quite a bit though. I think he'll be top 5/6/7 when all is said and done. Prob right in our range. Fox just basically went on a one man 10-0 run.

Was just about to post,"I take it all back, kids a stud!"

crzymdups
USA
3/17/2017  11:08 PM
Zebo13 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

He was playing tentative at first for sure. But when he got going you could see him as sort of the John Wall lite PG he could be.

Monk was essentially silent in the first half.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
USA
3/17/2017  11:18 PM
crzymdups wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

He was playing tentative at first for sure. But when he got going you could see him as sort of the John Wall lite PG he could be.

Monk was essentially silent in the first half.

Just switched over to the UCLA game. Time to get a little Lonzo Ball action.

crzymdups
USA
3/17/2017  11:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/18/2017  12:04 AM
More than anyone else, Fox really reminds me of A young Rondo. Almost exactly the same frame, it seems. Just the way he carries himself. I think he's got way more scoring ability. His stats at Kentucky are very similar to Wall's - and much much better than Rondo's. I really like him.

I think Ball or Jackson would still be the dream, but Fox is a helluva pick in the 5-7 range.

I will say overall I don't see this UK team winning it all. Fox gets their shooters tons of wide open threes that they just continually brick. They have no good bigs.

I'd say Kansas or UCLA are the best teams I've seen. I'd love to see them face off. So much firepower on both sides.

¿ △ ?
smackeddog
3/18/2017  4:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/18/2017  4:16 AM
nixluva wrote:Very good Tank Night for the Knicks! Philly and NOP won and the Bulls lost!

It was a GLORIOUS night for the tank! Magic also one! We have a shot at the 4th spot again!

3) Suns 22-47
nets, blazers, mavs, kings

4) Magic 25-45
Sixers, Nets x 2

5) Sixers 25-43
Magic, nets x2, Knicks

6) Knicks 27-42
Blazers, Sixers

7) Kings 27-41
Pelicans, Twolves, Mavs, Lakers, suns

8) Pelicans 28-41
Twolves, Mavs, Kings, lakers, Blazers

9) Twolves 28-40
Pelicans, Lakers x3, Kings, Blazers x 2

10) Mavs 29-39
nets, Pelicans, Nets, kings

11) Blazers 30-37
Knicks, Twolves x3, Lakers, Suns x2, pelicans

Also Sixers and magic still have to play each other, so one will have to go up to 26 wins, and we still have to play the Sixers. I think 4th is unlikely, but we have a hope of catching the Sixers.

crzymdups
USA
3/18/2017  10:23 AM
smackeddog wrote:
nixluva wrote:Very good Tank Night for the Knicks! Philly and NOP won and the Bulls lost!

It was a GLORIOUS night for the tank! Magic also one! We have a shot at the 4th spot again!

3) Suns 22-47
nets, blazers, mavs, kings

4) Magic 25-45
Sixers, Nets x 2

5) Sixers 25-43
Magic, nets x2, Knicks

6) Knicks 27-42
Blazers, Sixers

7) Kings 27-41
Pelicans, Twolves, Mavs, Lakers, suns

8) Pelicans 28-41
Twolves, Mavs, Kings, lakers, Blazers

9) Twolves 28-40
Pelicans, Lakers x3, Kings, Blazers x 2

10) Mavs 29-39
nets, Pelicans, Nets, kings

11) Blazers 30-37
Knicks, Twolves x3, Lakers, Suns x2, pelicans

Also Sixers and magic still have to play each other, so one will have to go up to 26 wins, and we still have to play the Sixers. I think 4th is unlikely, but we have a hope of catching the Sixers.

Basically the Nets games the Magic and Sixers have will determine a lot of things.

¿ △ ?
smackeddog
3/18/2017  1:08 PM
Josh Jackson's game is just great to watch:

smackeddog
3/18/2017  1:36 PM
In the interests of fairness, though:

2017 NBA Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy