[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2017 NBA Draft Thread
Author Thread
wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

1/11/2017  11:40 PM
EnySpree wrote:Lonzo Ball is the best passer out the group. He's the tallest too...that's the guy I want

Gotta win the lottery to get him. He's going too 3

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/12/2017  12:04 AM
Tank Hard: 2017 Edition
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/12/2017  10:16 AM
I wouldnt mind parlaying our 2 2's for this guy Jamel Artis.

He checks out in every category

Good size for shooting guard 6-7 215
Hes a high efficiency high volume 3 point shooter
He shoots over 50%
He can handle the ball full court --has a shifty dribble
hes a passer
hes a good re bounder for the 2 guard
Hes a solid a defender

This is the kind of guy you get very high 2 very low 1 that you can use as your specialty 3 point shooter but hes got a higher ceiling than that as well.

RIP Crushalot😞
wargames
Member: #6053

1/14/2017  1:20 AM
Bump because this should be the most popular thread on here......
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/14/2017  4:23 AM
If we lose the next 4 (Raptors, Hawks, Celtics, Wizards), we could move in to around the 6th or 7th worst record spot.

Looks like the Sixers are on an upswing too. Nets have a lock on the worst spot (and it goes straight to the celtics, sheesh), and Miami will probably lock down the no. 2 spot. It shouldn't be too difficult to get to the 6 spot, but it'll be hard to lose more than the Suns, Mavs and Lakers (who will need to tank or they will lose their pick (think its top 3 protected)

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/14/2017  2:03 PM
Isaiah Austin has been cleared to play bball again, he's going to the Euroleague, hope the Knicks keep an eye on him. He's supposed to be 7'1, imagine a twin towers lineup with KP.

https://theundefeated.com/features/former-baylor-standout-isaiah-austin-is-back-in-the-game/

In two seasons at Baylor, Austin averaged 12.1 points, 6.9 rebounds and 2.4 blocks in 28.9 minutes per game.

“I am about to be out here pursuing my dream,” Austin said in a video he posted on his Instagram account. “Ever since my doctors told me that I was cleared, it’s been in my mind: I want to go chase this. It’s always been my dream. At the same time, I’m a God-fearing man, and I believe that everything happens in life for a reason. So why would God put it in my doctor’s heart to say that I was cleared if he didn’t want me to go and chase my dream and share my testimony with millions of people around the world.”

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

1/15/2017  9:31 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Isaiah Austin has been cleared to play bball again, he's going to the Euroleague, hope the Knicks keep an eye on him. He's supposed to be 7'1, imagine a twin towers lineup with KP.

https://theundefeated.com/features/former-baylor-standout-isaiah-austin-is-back-in-the-game/

In two seasons at Baylor, Austin averaged 12.1 points, 6.9 rebounds and 2.4 blocks in 28.9 minutes per game.

“I am about to be out here pursuing my dream,” Austin said in a video he posted on his Instagram account. “Ever since my doctors told me that I was cleared, it’s been in my mind: I want to go chase this. It’s always been my dream. At the same time, I’m a God-fearing man, and I believe that everything happens in life for a reason. So why would God put it in my doctor’s heart to say that I was cleared if he didn’t want me to go and chase my dream and share my testimony with millions of people around the world.”

That's awesome, I'd love to see Austin in a knick uniform!

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

1/18/2017  1:26 PM
wargames wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Lonzo Ball is the best passer out the group. He's the tallest too...that's the guy I want

Gotta win the lottery to get him. He's going too 3

+1 for Ball. Then we can use a future pick on his little brother. Give a whole new meaning to NYC and MSG being THE place for Ball-ers.

BRIGGS
1/20/2017  1:27 AM
Im going to give us our pick 58-59 this year--Im locking this in.

PG T J Williams Northeastern hes somewhere between 6-3 and 6-4 roughly 210-215. Hes a big smooth athletic PG who is good at every facet of the game. Hes one of the sleepers in this draft. PGs are not deep once you get past 10 but this guy is an NBA player and he could be pretty good--great for 58-59.

RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/20/2017  1:42 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Im going to give us our pick 58-59 this year--Im locking this in.

PG T J Williams Northeastern hes somewhere between 6-3 and 6-4 roughly 210-215. Hes a big smooth athletic PG who is good at every facet of the game. Hes one of the sleepers in this draft. PGs are not deep once you get past 10 but this guy is an NBA player and he could be pretty good--great for 58-59.

Briggs if the Knicks get a pick in say the 8-14 range (bottom half of the lottery), who do you see as good prospects in that range?

¿ △ ?
smackeddog
1/20/2017  4:01 AM
As things stand, we can easily make it to the 7th or 8th spot in the lottery odds Ahead of are:

12) Knicks 19-25

11) Blazers 18-26
10) Pelicans 17-26
9) Kings 16-25
8) Magic 17-27

7) Sixers 14-26 (but have been winning lately)

6) Twolves 15-28
5) Mavs 14-28
4) Lakers (to Sixers) 15-31- This team has no choice but to tank hard because they have TWO lottery picks at stake- this years is top 3 protected, if they don't keep it they also lose their 2019 pick
3) Suns 13-29
2) Heat 13-30 (I bet they win the lottery)
1) Nets (to Boston) 8-33

Even the 5 spot doesn't look out of reach. We do have no hope at the no 1 slot though

BRIGGS
1/20/2017  7:40 AM
crzymdups wrote:

Briggs if the Knicks get a pick in say the 8-14 range (bottom half of the lottery), who do you see as good prospects in that range?

Im not sure in anyway cryz--there are guys I like--but will they fall to 10+ 1 guy I like will but hes a F-C for BPA at that time but that wont be taken well as we have depth there. But I would still take a Marcus Camby type player if the guards and 2 SF I like dont drop.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
1/20/2017  3:13 PM
Semi Ojeleye is another good 2nd round name. He has very similar characteristics/play to Jae Crowder
RIP Crushalot😞
GustavBahler

1/21/2017  11:23 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Im not sure in anyway cryz--there are guys I like--but will they fall to 10+ 1 guy I like will but hes a F-C for BPA at that time but that wont be taken well as we have depth there. But I would still take a Marcus Camby type player if the guards and 2 SF I like dont drop.

Is there a PG in the draft worth trading up for? We actually have some tradeable assets this time.

callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

1/21/2017  11:34 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Is there a PG in the draft worth trading up for? We actually have some tradeable assets this time.

yes. there are 3 elite PGs in the draft (ball, fultz,smith) and many more under that tier (Ntilikina, fox) that are worth trading for. but what assets do we have to get in the high lottery?

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
GustavBahler

1/21/2017  11:54 AM
callmened wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

yes. there are 3 elite PGs in the draft (ball, fultz,smith) and many more under that tier (Ntilikina, fox) that are worth trading for. but what assets do we have to get in the high lottery?

We have our first round pick this year. Depending on where it is, we could package it with a future pick(s) and throw in Kuz, Willy, Baker. Some combination of one or more of those players, and picks. As I said, depends on what spot our first rd pick lands.

smackeddog
1/21/2017  12:18 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
callmened wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

We have our first round pick this year. Depending on where it is, we could package it with a future pick(s) and throw in Kuz, Willy, Baker. Some combination of one or more of those players, and picks. As I said, depends on what spot our first rd pick lands.

Look at the standings, you two- getting a high pick is not beyond the realms of possibility

GustavBahler

1/21/2017  12:48 PM
smackeddog wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
callmened wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Look at the standings, you two- getting a high pick is not beyond the realms of possibility

Haven't hit the all star break yet. We're only 2 1/2 games from the 8 spot. If Hornacek brings Noah off the bench for the rest of the season, and we dont have any serious injury issues, the Knicks should make the playoffs. I dont see us getting a high pick without a deal. If Noah starts again, that might be enough to put us in the lottery.

callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

1/21/2017  2:23 PM
#forkintheroad...

Do you tank or try to make the playoffs only to get massacred in the 1st rd.

Ps ...I wouldn't trade anymore picks...especially a 1st Rd pick. Also I don't know if the combo of willy, Kuz and baker will get much.

If it was up to me, I'd try to trade any vet with value...like Lee or rose or noah (if some gm wants to lose their job by trading for him). In the meantime play the young role players like baker, O'Quinn, holiday. That way they get experience but they're not good enough to win games. Lastly pray to the bball gods to land a top 7 pick.

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
GustavBahler

1/21/2017  2:59 PM
callmened wrote:#forkintheroad...

Do you tank or try to make the playoffs only to get massacred in the 1st rd.

Ps ...I wouldn't trade anymore picks...especially a 1st Rd pick. Also I don't know if the combo of willy, Kuz and baker will get much.

If it was up to me, I'd try to trade any vet with value...like Lee or rose or noah (if some gm wants to lose their job by trading for him). In the meantime play the young role players like baker, O'Quinn, holiday. That way they get experience but they're not good enough to win games. Lastly pray to the bball gods to land a top 7 pick.

When it comes to trading draft picks for vets, Im on board with not doing that. I am on board with trading a first round pick to move up in the draft if there was a legit PG (star quality) we could put next to KP, to create the next great tandem in the NBA.

The Knicks have two years to make sure that KP doesnt want to go anywhere else. A starting caliber PG, someone KP's age who would be in for the long haul, would be a big help IMO.

As for Willy,Kuz,Baker, not overrating them is a bannable offense I believe.

2017 NBA Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy