Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
1/9/2017  10:12 PM
crzymdups wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:why is walt and breen acting like they don't know what's really going on. There's a disassociation with the players and coaching staff and divided locker room to some degree..

I'M Sure the triangle and the defensive philosophy has everything to do with it

Yeah I don't think the guys can stand Kurt. Or minimally tune him out. I think Phil saw that at the triangle workshop last summer and realized he couldn't hire him as the head coach.

Yep. Rambis hasn't done jack to prove he is a good coach for this team. Has a job only through pure nepotism.

Im starting to think hornacek may resign, what team in the NBA announce they had a defensive coordinator..lol and in the last 7 games we have gone away from P/R, and have been running the triangle more, although better then at any point since jacksons been here.

Rose clearly doesn't like the system, and he shouldn't..

I said that when they announced it after six games in the season - Phil totally undercut the authority of Hornacek.

Now we have a player not showing up to play in a game... because the coach benched him. Phil created this unclear chain of command. He created this situation by how he handled Rambis.

I just want Rambis gone. I don't even know to what extent he is having a negative impact on the team but he doesn't communicate well with the players, looks like a he is a rat for Phil, and I believe is the only guy on Jeff's staff that Jeff didn't pick.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
1/9/2017  10:12 PM
Welpee wrote:
magicTs wrote:People paid 100's of $ to go to MSG tonight. And that spoilt little bitch couldn't be bothered turning up to play for the New York Knicks. Who the **** does he think he is? He earns millions, he got the support of the Knicks during all his nonsense over the summer and he turns around and does this to the ball club.

HE SHOULD NEVER WEAR THE KNICKS JERSEY AGAIN.

Can we at least find out what's going on first before passing judgement like this.
Yeah. No communication with anyone is alarming.
CrushAlot
USA
1/9/2017  10:14 PM
holfresh
Member: #1081

1/9/2017  10:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/9/2017  10:15 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:why is walt and breen acting like they don't know what's really going on. There's a disassociation with the players and coaching staff and divided locker room to some degree..

Yeah I don't think the guys can stand Kurt. Or minimally tune him out. I think Phil saw that at the triangle workshop last summer and realized he couldn't hire him as the head coach.

Yep. Rambis hasn't done jack to prove he is a good coach for this team. Has a job only through pure nepotism.

Im starting to think hornacek may resign, what team in the NBA announce they had a defensive coordinator..lol and in the last 7 games we have gone away from P/R, and have been running the triangle more, although better then at any point since jacksons been here.

I said that when they announced it after six games in the season - Phil totally undercut the authority of Hornacek.

Now we have a player not showing up to play in a game... because the coach benched him. Phil created this unclear chain of command. He created this situation by how he handled Rambis.

I just want Rambis gone. I don't even know to what extent he is having a negative impact on the team but he doesn't communicate well with the players, looks like a he is a rat for Phil, and I believe is the only guy on Jeff's staff that Jeff didn't pick.

What does Rambis have to do with anything?..Scapegoat?..Rambis is preventing JH from coaching well?
CrushAlot
USA
1/9/2017  10:16 PM
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/9/2017  10:17 PM
holfresh wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

What does Rambis have to do with anything?..Scapegoat?..Rambis is preventing JH from coaching well?

Just evidence of the flawed management structure Phil has installed. And Phil named him the defensive coach and our defense is one of the worst in the league. He should be re-assigned.

¿ △ ?
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/9/2017  10:17 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:I hope he does retire. At least then He won't be resigned this summer.

Is there any chance he can get Melo to retire with him?

I am sorry but I am done with this team until Melo is traded.

This malaise has been around the team since he got here except for one season when Kidd led the team.

Melo. is the constant. The other constant is awful play on D and offense.

Great, see ya in three years!

I am starting to believe Melo will waive his NTC. He has to have had it after this especially if the Rose stuff is true.

Immense talent but a team killer.

How did our bigs defend today? How did KP play? Do we have a PG? .....I'll wait

The bigs were not as bad as Davis is good. The perimeter D is giving 3's at record pace.

They still do not have a traditional of but they are better than last year.

There is a team chemistry problem.

kP was awful tonight. If he does not develop a low post game, he will never get to his full potential

Agree on all. Except that we would be better off if Melo and Rose retired. Everyone loves long shots like Willy, Ron, Kuz and any possible draft lotto pick. But at end of the day, they are just not very good and have little chance of being anything more than bench players. I do hope KP gets a post up game. Starting to think the real unicorns are 7 footers that play a traditional center position. Aka KAT and Davis. Tired of all the emphasis on stretch 5's and 4's. Think they will be a dime a dozen. Our major problem is we have no one that plays good fundamental defense. Mostly because our 3.4 and 5 are playing out of position. Yes including Noah, can't defend quicker centers.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Welpee
Member: #6239

1/9/2017  10:18 PM
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Just evidence of the flawed management structure Phil has installed. And Phil named him the defensive coach and our defense is one of the worst in the league. He should be re-assigned.

Phil made him the defensive coach or did Hornacek?
CrushAlot
USA
1/9/2017  10:18 PM
holfresh wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

He is supposed to be coaching the defense which sucks. Melo came out and said guys don't like the defense they are playing but they have to suck it up and play it. Also, I just don't see it as a good situation when the guy that had the job the year before is named the associate head coach for the new coach.
CrushAlot
USA
1/9/2017  10:19 PM
Welpee wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Phil made him the defensive coach or did Hornacek?
Phil did. Phil also named him the associate head coach I believe.
holfresh

1/9/2017  10:19 PM
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

So isn't that Phil's fault?..And why was he named defensive coach, wasn't it becuase the defense sucked with JH as it was in PHX?
holfresh

1/9/2017  10:21 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

He is supposed to be coaching the defense which sucks. Melo came out and said guys don't like the defense they are playing but they have to suck it up and play it. Also, I just don't see it as a good situation when the guy that had the job the year before is named the associate head coach for the new coach.

The indictment for me is when Lee said they were practicing defense against the triangle only..JH was in charge then..

CrushAlot
USA
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

So isn't that Phil's fault?..And why was he named defensive coach, wasn't it becuase the defense sucked with JH as it was in PHX?

It was after game six of the season, the 114=109 loss to Utah, that's all I remember.

¿ △ ?
holfresh

1/9/2017  10:22 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

But isn't that on Phil?
holfresh

1/9/2017  10:24 PM
All said..Just hope Rose is ok..This is just a game...
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/9/2017  10:24 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

For sure they were. It was quite obvious. Knicks are a team that are pretty close knit. Even though Rose is robotic he was stil part of the family. A big part. When all of a sudden he's a no show and you are expecting him to start, it's a major shock.

This is something that needs to resolve soon. Rose is who he is. Time to move on.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
1/9/2017  10:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/9/2017  10:28 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:I hope he does retire. At least then He won't be resigned this summer.

Is there any chance he can get Melo to retire with him?

I am sorry but I am done with this team until Melo is traded.

This malaise has been around the team since he got here except for one season when Kidd led the team.

Melo. is the constant. The other constant is awful play on D and offense.

Great, see ya in three years!

I am starting to believe Melo will waive his NTC. He has to have had it after this especially if the Rose stuff is true.

Immense talent but a team killer.

How did our bigs defend today? How did KP play? Do we have a PG? .....I'll wait

The bigs were not as bad as Davis is good. The perimeter D is giving 3's at record pace.

They still do not have a traditional of but they are better than last year.

There is a team chemistry problem.

kP was awful tonight. If he does not develop a low post game, he will never get to his full potential

Agree on all. Except that we would be better off if Melo and Rose retired. Everyone loves long shots like Willy, Ron, Kuz and any possible draft lotto pick. But at end of the day, they are just not very good and have little chance of being anything more than bench players. I do hope KP gets a post up game. Starting to think the real unicorns are 7 footers that play a traditional center position. Aka KAT and Davis. Tired of all the emphasis on stretch 5's and 4's. Think they will be a dime a dozen. Our major problem is we have no one that plays good fundamental defense. Mostly because our 3.4 and 5 are playing out of position. Yes including Noah, can't defend quicker centers.

I can't disagree with anything you say.

Kuz, billy, baker, Jennings, HOliday are nice but they are not stars.

Noah has been a bust. Too slow and no offense.

Watching Jennings now and he seems like a good guy. Talking very well.

holfresh

1/9/2017  10:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/9/2017  10:27 PM
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

It was after game six of the season, the 114=109 loss to Utah, that's all I remember.

Well I remember everyone complaining about the defense..Most vocal were the players..Lee, Rose and Noah..You notice it's guys that already played in decent defensive systems..
GameThread: Pelicans tonight

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy