[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

NBA LIVE 2005
Author Thread
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
8/9/2004  8:41 PM
Does anyone know who's on the cover and what day it comes out??
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
AUTOADVERT
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
8/9/2004  8:53 PM
Melo is on the cover and the game is scheduled for an October 5th release.

[Edited by - s3231 on 08/09/2004 20:53:28]
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
s3231
USA
8/9/2004  8:54 PM
here's a good site if you want more info on the game

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/920478.asp?q=NBA%20Live%202005
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

8/9/2004  9:05 PM
ESPN basketball aka the 2K series is always better who got somethin on that?
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
8/9/2004  9:14 PM
Posted by Elite:

ESPN basketball aka the 2K series is always better who got somethin on that?

NBA Live 04 was the best basketball game I've ever played. Live 05 is supposed to be even better. Live passed ESPN last year IMHO...
¿ △ ?
s3231
USA
8/9/2004  9:15 PM
here is some info on ESPN basketball

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/920671.asp?q=NBA%202k5

There hasn't been much info on ESPN bball yet, Live is stealing headlines with the new dunk contest. I have been a Live supporter ever since the first Live came out but I have to admit that the Sega 2k series has been better than the Live series for the past several years. However, I didn't really like last year's ESPN basketball, I thought the gameplay took a step back although I did like the 24/7 mode. I think Live will take over eventually as the better bball game (could be this year). The dunk contest was definitely a good idea, I've been waiting for that. Anyway, its going to be really nice to have a good Knicks team in the games this year. I can't wait till I start owning people with Crawford and Marbury in the backcourt.

[Edited by - s3231 on 08/09/2004 21:19:56]
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
8/9/2004  9:48 PM
I love the live series. Can't wait til October for it. I'm just wondering how the dunk contest and 3 point shoot out, that they added to it, are gonna work.
s3231
USA
8/9/2004  9:51 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

I love the live series. Can't wait til October for it. I'm just wondering how the dunk contest and 3 point shoot out, that they added to it, are gonna work.

Here is a pretty good article covering that

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchnews.asp?newsid=141583

so far the dunk contest sounds very good
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
8/9/2004  9:52 PM
IMO NBA Live is way better than ESPN
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
s3231
USA
8/9/2004  10:00 PM
Posted by NYK3:

IMO NBA Live is way better than ESPN

Personally, I think ESPN is a more realistic basketball sim, however, in last year's case, I think Live was more fun to play. Last year's ESPN game took a step back, but the games from the years before IMO were a lot better than Live. As I said before, I think Live will take over as the best overall game either this year or next year. I will probably pick up both games again this year because both bring different types of gameplay to the table. I'm big on franchise modes so I usually do franchises on ESPN (Live's franchise mode last year was horrible because you could just sign a superstar for the league exception right before the season started), but if I want to play a game for fun with my friends then I will usually bust out Live.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
8/9/2004  10:18 PM
I have been playing NBA Live since Live 95, and it's only gotten better each year. Live 2004 was as good as it gets IMO.

If Live '05 is gonna push the envelope further, I can't see ESPN or anything else even coming close.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
mattinNH
Member: #695
8/9/2004  10:25 PM
I've been a live fan for a while, mainly cuz its the only basketball game that makes its way to the PC.

you can find the new features here:
http://www.easports.com/games/nbalive2005/producerinterview.jsp

also
www.nba-live.com has stuff

Supposed to be a lot of innovations this year, including the dunk competition and 3 pt contest. Supposed to be some new freestyle control for the dunk contest also.

All of it sounds good, if ONLY they would put in an in-game save feature heh.
mintyfreshness33
Member: #586
USA
8/9/2004  10:42 PM
i thought live 03 was better, the people seemed to slide around a bit on live 2004 and shawn marion is mad ugly in it with some wierd teeth. And havent had a 3pt shootout in a while, dunk contest sounds amazing.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/10/2004  11:37 AM
hmm, i was originally planning on getting ESPN when it came out, but this new Allstar Weekend feature in the NBA Live sounds awesome...i just hope it's not as easy to score as it was in the last Live version...i like my game sim to be more realistic, but that Dunk Contest is just too good to pass up on.

someone post a review on these games if you get a chance to play them.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
mattinNH
Member: #695
8/10/2004  11:56 AM
Posted by TMS:

hmm, i was originally planning on getting ESPN when it came out, but this new Allstar Weekend feature in the NBA Live sounds awesome...i just hope it's not as easy to score as it was in the last Live version...i like my game sim to be more realistic, but that Dunk Contest is just too good to pass up on.

someone post a review on these games if you get a chance to play them.

I read somewhere that you can't hop step into traffic anymore like you could in live03, so that should be better. Also there's supposed to be detailed box scores when you sim games. Seems like a neat feature.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/10/2004  12:08 PM
I like the speed of the NBA Live series.......The attributes still don't make sense cuz Jason Kidd is an unstoppable scorer sometimes....and Crawford on Live 2004 had a dunk rating of 10 I think, that is nuts.....I wonder who puts that together? Also why is Shandon Anderson light skinned?,lol.

I'm bias anyway cuz I was in love with the Lakers vs. Celtics back in the day......it was mad easy to steal in that game.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/10/2004  2:52 PM
i just checked my e-mail & the EA Store sent me a $15 coupon code for my birthday last month...so i decided to pre-order it from them...in the end, it costs me $43 overall after shipping & tax...better than buying it at the store for $50 + tax
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
s3231
USA
8/10/2004  3:06 PM
If Live has an improved franchise this year then maybe I won't even get ESPN at all. Live's franchise mode had some nice things last year but it had some major flaws (as I mentioned earlier you could basically sign a superstar who is a free agent for the league exception right before the season starts). I will probably end up getting both games as usual so don't worry about the reviews, I'll have that covered
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
8/10/2004  4:23 PM
EA SPORTS: What new additions are there to Dynasty Mode?

Tim Tschirner: This year we've redone all of the logics (Free Agency, Contracts, Rookie Development, etc.) from scratch and this has resulted in a much more realistic game experience while you take on the role of GM, Coach and Player. We threw out the point system and you now use money for signing Free Agents, re-signing your Players and making trades. All this is being driven through the PDA Text Messenger, which serves as your guide and communication device for everything you do in Dynasty Mode. You will receive Emails from the Team owner, Coaching Staff, Scouts, Medical Stuff, NBA Head Office, other NBA teams and Players' Agents.

For example, if you want to Sign a Free Agent, you make your contract offer and send it off to the Player's Agent. Based on your offer and his demands, you will get a positive or negative answer within a few days. Other teams will make you trade offers via Email, but if you ignore them they will take the offer off the table. It's a very exciting and new way to play Dynasty Mode and there are lots of things to explore. If you run your team well by winning games, training players and scouting players, other NBA teams may offer you a job.

Other areas that we have improved are the Off-Season, the Simulation Engine and the Rookie Scouting. The Off-Season is now integrated into the Calendar and you are free to explore all aspects of it. If you want to get to know a particular rookie's skills before you're about to draft him, you can take him into a 1-on-1 game and see how he performs against players on your team.

With the new Simulation Intervention you can stop the simulation of a game at the end of any quarter, enter Gameplay and take control of the game. The Simulation Engine also provides more accurate results and for the first time we're able to provide you with in-depth Box Scores and Power Rankings.
#Knickstaps
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

8/10/2004  4:32 PM
i never cop live since back in the genesis days... but i think i might have to now... i love 2k tho so im gunna get both
NBA LIVE 2005

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy