[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread of Thrones: Lebron don't play Trump, a bun for Shump, and JR bump........
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/8/2016  1:35 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:The Lakers waxed the Warriors coming off a back to back earlier this year so this is not an unusual thing.

this was on the coaching staff more than anything, it's like they came with the same game plan as game one of the season..

We were physically manhandled nothing to do with coaching. Melo is usually bigger than the guy he goes against and can bully them--not LBJ

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
12/8/2016  1:37 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:The Lakers waxed the Warriors coming off a back to back earlier this year so this is not an unusual thing.

this was on the coaching staff more than anything, it's like they came with the same game plan as game one of the season..

We were physically manhandled nothing to do with coaching. Melo is usually bigger than the guy he goes against and can bully them--not LBJ

LBJ didn't stop Melo. They double teamed Melo.

sidneydeane
Member: #6384

12/8/2016  2:37 AM
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:I agree with JVG no national games for teams on the second night of a back to back.

This was a setup cuz the Cavs didn't play so they're fresh.

5 of San Antonio 13-0 road record came on b-b
How many against the world champs?

Man BRIGGS is on one of his doomsday benders. All it takes is one bad game.

Were a good team for the east if we were in the west I highly doubt we'd make the playoffs. The team has some good points but lacks many others

This team is just coming together and you can't lose perspective when comparing with all these teams that have been together for more than a few months!!! That seems to be forgotten when evaluating this team.

We have to look at this as a process and not expect a perfect finished product with no hiccups.

Well said. Even the cavs have had some embarrassing losses in their process and cant forget about miami. We aren't a contender just yet but we have shown an ability to win consistently and really who couldnt see this coming. LBJ was fired up we are coming off a road game which we struggle with obviously and we are missing our 3rd best player and point guard which throws off everything especially since we havent had to deal with that yet till now. The main thing is we bounce back and get some early wins on this road trip

sidneydeane
Member: #6384

12/8/2016  2:39 AM
crzymdups wrote:
Vmart wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Vmart wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Knicks weren't ready for this game in their development yet. Not on a back to back, missing DRose, and Lebron angry at Phil.

I know the Philuminati hate it when I question his brilliance, but I wonder if Melo only attempting 9 field goals tonight had something to do with Phil calling him a "ballhog" the day of the game.

The game was done. If Melo was protesting by not shooting which Inthink is highly unlikely. If he is angry with Phil take it out on Phil not his teammates. If he is really angry he should remove the NTC.

Or maybe Phil should shut up? Why rock the boat when the team has won 9 out of 12?

If they can't handle the adversity that Phil gives then how the hell are they going to handle the big stage the big games. It just goes to show how mentally weak they are. Which I don't think is the case.

I guess we'll see if Phil's strategy pays dividends down the road. To me it's yet another instance of undercutting his coach and making his team leader look bad. Hornacek and Melo have been doing pretty good... but Phil can't seem to help himself. We'll see how well it works, I guess.

I hate what phil does. We need synergy but its always us defying him while he shakes his head. Hes so damn arrogant and stubborn

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/8/2016  9:06 AM
knickscity wrote:They don't match up well against the Cavs, end of story. The Knicks are a decent team, but they aren't anywhere close to the Cavs. Maybe now that talk will cease.

Who the hell was saying that? Cavs have been together for their 3rd season now.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/8/2016  9:19 AM
Vmart wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Knicks weren't ready for this game in their development yet. Not on a back to back, missing DRose, and Lebron angry at Phil.

I know the Philuminati hate it when I question his brilliance, but I wonder if Melo only attempting 9 field goals tonight had something to do with Phil calling him a "ballhog" the day of the game.

The game was done. If Melo was protesting by not shooting which Inthink is highly unlikely. If he is angry with Phil take it out on Phil not his teammates. If he is really angry he should remove the NTC.

Yeah, one game Melo doesn't shoot alot, he should move on to a better situation for all involved. Got it.
Oh wait, what happened to "I HATE ISOMELO, I HATE ISOMELO"

Didn't he go 10 minutes in one of the last wins before attempting a shot?

Phil's an arrogant azzhole, but he's our azzhole.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
12/8/2016  9:28 AM
That game made me grumpy. I knew it was over in the first quarter. Its never a good sign when Melo makes his first 2 shots.

The team is good but not on the Cavs level. Irving, Lebron and Love is too much to handle for NY. KP looked overmatched last night and that was the scariest thing I saw. The rest of the team, you can understand but if KP is overmatched and out of it, it is worrisome.

Back to back tough spot against the champs but they should have made a game of it for at least the first half.

Chandler
Member: #6197

12/8/2016  9:40 AM
crzymdups wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Or maybe Phil should shut up? Why rock the boat when the team has won 9 out of 12?

Carmelo Anthony was pretty annoyed by questions about Phil Jackson saying he holds on to the ball too much. He didn't want to answer the questions. He said he didn't know what Phil said, but I'm guessing he did. "Whatever Phil said, he said. I have nothing to say about that."

Phil was right. I have no problem with him holding Anthony accountable. He did the same sort of stuff with MJ, Kobe, and Shaq. The truth hurts of course, but ultimately you respect the candor and you're smart you learn

Pat Riley used to do the same thing with Ewing saying publicly he needed to spend more time with his head under the basket collecting rebounds

(5)(5)
Chandler
Member: #6197

12/8/2016  9:47 AM
If the Knicks are any good, they'll use this lumping as a learning experience. Cavs shot really well at the 3 point line. I love KP but he and the team more generally have been having problems with stretch 4s and 5s

and i know i sound like a sore loser but it is getting ridiculous on fouls. The knicks certainly need to clean up their act and move their feet more, but it's nuts when you see the calls the cavs get (not just Lebron) and that the Knicks don't. You would think we play dirty with all these calls and we don't; if anything we're soft

(5)(5)
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/8/2016  10:59 AM
Chandler wrote:If the Knicks are any good, they'll use this lumping as a learning experience. Cavs shot really well at the 3 point line. I love KP but he and the team more generally have been having problems with stretch 4s and 5s

and i know i sound like a sore loser but it is getting ridiculous on fouls. The knicks certainly need to clean up their act and move their feet more, but it's nuts when you see the calls the cavs get (not just Lebron) and that the Knicks don't. You would think we play dirty with all these calls and we don't; if anything we're soft

exactly. I DVRd the game, took one look at the score and knew I wasnt going to bother. This game had the Knicks getting railroaded all over it. No Rose, 2nd of a B2B, Cavs were rested and playing great ball... learn what you can and move on. End of story.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

12/8/2016  11:01 AM
Chandler wrote:If the Knicks are any good, they'll use this lumping as a learning experience. Cavs shot really well at the 3 point line. I love KP but he and the team more generally have been having problems with stretch 4s and 5s

Papabear Says

For over 3 years the Knicks can't seem to defend the 3 point line or either they just don't want to. If you watched the game you could see how Cleveland was up in your face every time a Knick was on the 3 point line. They covered the Knicks like a blanket. Then on the other side the Knicks couldn't guard the 3 point line. They was always a second too late and they paid for it. WHEN WILL THEY LEARN! PROTECT THE 3 POINT LINE'

Papabear
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
12/8/2016  9:41 PM
Chandler wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Carmelo Anthony was pretty annoyed by questions about Phil Jackson saying he holds on to the ball too much. He didn't want to answer the questions. He said he didn't know what Phil said, but I'm guessing he did. "Whatever Phil said, he said. I have nothing to say about that."

Phil was right. I have no problem with him holding Anthony accountable. He did the same sort of stuff with MJ, Kobe, and Shaq. The truth hurts of course, but ultimately you respect the candor and you're smart you learn

Pat Riley used to do the same thing with Ewing saying publicly he needed to spend more time with his head under the basket collecting rebounds

Maybe the reason people keep being disappointed by Melo is that keep comparing him to Kobe and MJ. Including Phil. He's not on their level. I like Melo and I'd never say he was on their level.

¿ △ ?
holfresh
Member: #1081

12/8/2016  10:06 PM
Weren't MJ and Kobe ball hoggers??..Weren't MJ and Kobe taking 26, 28 shots per game in the playoffs??
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
12/8/2016  10:43 PM
holfresh wrote:Weren't MJ and Kobe ball hoggers??..Weren't MJ and Kobe taking 26, 28 shots per game in the playoffs??

Yes, they took some shots on their way to winning 11 championships and being two of the top four scorers of all time.

It's unfair to compare Melo to them.

This is why people get mad at Melo - they compare him to MJ, Kobe, and Lebron... he's not in their league. And that's not a slight - those are three of the best players of all time.

¿ △ ?
holfresh
Member: #1081

12/8/2016  10:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/8/2016  10:50 PM
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:Weren't MJ and Kobe ball hoggers??..Weren't MJ and Kobe taking 26, 28 shots per game in the playoffs??

Yes, they took some shots on their way to winning 11 championships and being two of the top four scorers of all time.

It's unfair to compare Melo to them.

This is why people get mad at Melo - they compare him to MJ, Kobe, and Lebron... he's not in their league. And that's not a slight - those are three of the best players of all time.

Nor does he have anything close to the same supporting cast..I have always thought that Chicago's defense made them a championship team..The triangle was a distant third in importance to MJ and Kobe going ISO the last 5 minutes of every game...

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/8/2016  11:16 PM
Chandler wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Vmart wrote:

It seems like a really dumb way for the guy with highest position in the organization to handle his business. I wish he would stop going to the press with his digs at guys whether they are his players, former players or opponents. It seems a bit classless and I am glad he is getting called out for his arrogance.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
12/9/2016  2:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/9/2016  2:04 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Vmart wrote:

It seems like a really dumb way for the guy with highest position in the organization to handle his business. I wish he would stop going to the press with his digs at guys whether they are his players, former players or opponents. It seems a bit classless and I am glad he is getting called out for his arrogance.

Phil did the same to Kobe and he responded by winning championships. Some guys respond to criticism differently. If what Phil is giving is constructive criticism then Melo should be all ears.

smackeddog
Member: #883
12/9/2016  4:30 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Vmart wrote:

JVG used to do it all the time, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't, I guess we won't know for a couple of months.

Game Thread of Thrones: Lebron don't play Trump, a bun for Shump, and JR bump........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy