[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Politics Thread
Author Thread
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

12/1/2016  7:23 PM
nixluva wrote:This is all a big smokescreen to try and make it look like Trump is the people's champion MEANWHILE Trump is appointing Millionaires and billionaires and Goldman Sachs guys up and down the line!!!! His voters got played!!!
Trump never told them he'd be keeping all the Swamp Creatures and adding all his Wall Street buddies.

THE SWAMP IS EVEN DEEPER!!!

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
holfresh
Member: #1081

12/1/2016  7:38 PM
And on deck for the Veteran's Administration slot, none other than:

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/1/2016  7:51 PM
The fallacy of Trickle Down is that they try to make it seem like we all benefit equally from lower tax codes but in reality it benefits the RICH far more than everyone else. it also slows down the distribution of money because the massive amounts of money that keeps going to the rich never makes it to the rest of the population. The middle class and poor actually spend more of their money and thus it's better when wages go up for the Middle Class and Poor rather than sending most of the money to the rich who simply hold on to all those profits rather than paying more to their employees.

The U.S. Economy is mostly a consumer economy. What makes Employers hire more people is when demand forces them to do it. Most employers will only higher out of pure necessity, which makes sense, but if the average worker is underpaid then demand is lower because spending of the masses is lower. The reason Conservatives hate Government Jobs is because they don't want any of their tax money leaving their hands. However, that money in the hands of a Public Sector worker is SPENT and helps invigorate the economy.

Conservatives LOVE Reagan, but what they don't tell you is when Reagan had his recovery in his 2nd term, he actually saw Government jobs increase, unlike Obama who the Republicans wouldn't let increase Government jobs which in turn means fewer people earning and spending which again lowers demand. They love to bash Obama but he's had very little in the way of Public Sector Job Growth. In Fact in his first term he saw a LOSS of Public Sector Jobs! Most of Obama's gains came in the Private Sector!

Term Public Sector
Jobs Added (000s)

Carter 1,304
Reagan 1 -24
Reagan 2 1,438
GHW Bush 1,127
Clinton 1 692
Clinton 2 1,242
GW Bush 1 900
GW Bush 2 844
Obama 1 -708
Obama 2 310
(44 months into 2nd term, 338 pace)

Term Private Sector
Jobs Added (000s)

Carter 9,041
Reagan 1 5,360
Reagan 2 9,357
GHW Bush 1,510
Clinton 1 10,884
Clinton 2 10,082
GW Bush 1 -811
GW Bush 2 415
Obama 1 1,921
Obama 2 9,171
(44 months into 2nd term: 10,005 pace.)

http://www.calculatedriskblog.com/2016/10/public-and-private-sector-payroll-jobs.html#BobpugXmfmEGkh0Z.99

Also not for nothing but I love how the Republicans are acting like things are so horrible now when in fact Obama is leaving things in WAY better shape than they left things for him when he took office. Or are we supposed to just forget that??? Trump Voters sure did forget what happened the last time we let republicans run things!!! They keep repeating this dumb crap. After a Democrat fixes things they let a Republican in and he WRECKS things and we have to start all over again. Clinton left Bush with a SURPLUS and he ruined everything. I hope Trump doesn't do the same or worse but I don't have a lot of faith.

nixluva
USA
12/1/2016  8:08 PM
Trump is giving his victory speech in Indiana. He's talking about America First and how great America is going to become. He's bashing Washington Politicians and the current Administration. Obviously he's forgetting that the entire Republican House and Senate has not been replaced so he's talking about his own party right now when he says they've been stupid!!! What a MORON!

This speech he's reading has a LOT of Steve Bannon talking points in it. He's so Kocky right now. He's bashing Obamacare now. Now he's saying endless gridlock is not a way of life and that he spoke to Dems about ending gridlock. He says they're gonna make Joint decisions but then he says that they have the House, Senate and Presidency. He says now is the time to push for profound change. He's speaking like he has a mandate. The crowd is doing yet another U.S.A. chant for the upteenth time. Now he's back to the teleprompter and talking about jobs, taxes and regulations. He's back to gloating about the Election and how the dishonest press got it wrong. Crowd is booing hard. He's clowning on Raditz for crying that he won and he says she doesn't realize that things are gonna be better. Now he's back to bashing the press. He's got the crowd booing John Kasich. Now back to bashing the press for saying he had no path to 270. He's clowning hard now. This guys is something else. It's going to be a very interesting 4 years.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/1/2016  8:09 PM
damn son...this trump rally...i haven't seen that many white people on tv since friends was on the air...
nixluva
USA
12/1/2016  8:13 PM
djsunyc wrote:damn son...this trump rally...i haven't seen that many white people on tv since friends was on the air...

CLASSLESS GLOATING BIGLY
djsunyc
12/1/2016  8:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/1/2016  8:18 PM
nixluva wrote:
djsunyc wrote:damn son...this trump rally...i haven't seen that many white people on tv since friends was on the air...

CLASSLESS GLOATING BIGLY

i find it a bit fascinating how the people there are eating it up. i guess they like the alpha male bravado just like they like watching wrestling.

djsunyc
12/1/2016  8:19 PM
trump thanks the african american community - and they show the one black guy in the audience lololololol...
djsunyc
12/1/2016  8:25 PM
djsunyc
12/1/2016  8:30 PM
trump wants to bring people together. 2 protesters are there and he makes fun of them. i'm sure his supporters are eating it up but this person is actually making me physically ill. he's giving a wwf promo lol.
djsunyc
12/1/2016  8:38 PM
djsunyc
12/1/2016  8:43 PM
so when is trump visiting russia for his thank you tour?
holfresh

12/1/2016  8:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/1/2016  8:49 PM
New book out by Jay Solomon , The Iran War...The author claims the US was at War with Iran for a decade and no one knew...In it the author also claims the reason Obama didn't bomb Syria was that he was engaged in secret back channel talks with Iran on a nuclear deal and Iran threatened to scrap the deal if he bombed Syria..The infamous red line..

This might be worth a read...
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

12/1/2016  9:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/1/2016  9:43 PM
djsunyc wrote:so when is trump visiting russia for his thank you tour?

Here is one Russian town hoping that he comes to see them...they are already welcoming him.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
holfresh

12/1/2016  10:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/1/2016  10:12 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
djsunyc wrote:so when is trump visiting russia for his thank you tour?

Here is one Russian town hoping that he comes to see them...they are already welcoming him.

Putin started laying out what he expected from the US today in a speech..He said he expected things to be done equally with America..If not it could become dangerous..

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
12/1/2016  10:40 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
arkrud wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
holfresh wrote:Im watching CSpan right now..Republicans in the house talking about corporate tax cuts to help the deficit..It's comical..I had math in school..A negative number plus another negative number makes a bigger negative number..

Talking about elimination of the death tax..Trump's kids must be creaming themselves..

I wonder what's in it for these congressmen..Maybe the lobbyist just working them before they kick out that Christmas bonus..

Trickle down...one more time. Never worked...never will, but the GOP has an addiction to it.

Trickle down surely works... raining down does not...
Person on social help or min salary in US has more purchasing power that middle class in Russia or upper middle class in Tanzania.
No one will never be satisfied with what is trickling down and no one should.
Humans need to stay motivated to even move the finger not talking about working hard.

Wealth distribution will get out of hand even more...Trickle means more profit for executives... a bitter way of describing it is "trickle over," or "Trickle Up." Add the minimum wage hike aversion by the GOP and continued attempts to weaken unions, and things are going to get ugly at some point.

So what this evil 1% does with all this wealth? Boiling and eating it? Stuffing it into pillows?
Spending on personal bunkers to hide during nuclear war puking into golden toilets with diamond handles?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
12/1/2016  10:43 PM

I saw Xi Jinping speak... and I never so so many Chines on TV since Mao spoke...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
nixluva
USA
12/2/2016  1:00 AM
arkrud wrote:

I saw Xi Jinping speak... and I never so so many Chines on TV since Mao spoke...

When I was young I was sent to visit my Great Grandparents in North Carolina. I was on a country road and was chased by the Klan in a Mint Green Chevy. I'll never forget that. If you were with me they'd be after your ass too!!! Don't be so smug about things you should know better. My Grandmothers, mother and father are still around from the "Good Old Days", they could tell you a lot about race relations in this country.

A lot of people are uneasy with this Trump Presidency for good reason. They haven't forgotten what life in this country can be like. It's not like we ever really got past the deep racial issues in this country. Despite the Election of Obama. This is REAL for a lot of us. I know you may not know this but not much has changed in some parts of this country. Get out of NY and visit parts of Mississippi, Louisiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida or Alabama.

ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
12/2/2016  1:17 AM
arkrud wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
arkrud wrote:All current researches are based on premise that urbanization continue to be the main driver for population shift.
But reality shows that this trend is reversing.
Automation, robotization, computerization, and productivity grows already created huge excess of working hands and heads in the cities and we will see outflow of people back out of overcrowded urban centers as soon as the social help will not be able to keep them afloat. People will stream back to country site where they can be self-sufficient at least to the level of surviving.
This is already happening in Russia and other countries which are industrialized but failed to collect enough of public wealth to support large unemployed and underemployed population in cities.
It will take more time in US but is inevitable.
What most of the pundits see as racial or nationalistic issues are in fact demographic issues which they always were.
The refusal of general public to accept this reality is related to human race inability to control demographic for the most part.
The loss of control is psychologically unacceptable and depressive for many people.

demographics and race are intertwined. trump campaigned on race - i don't think that's even up for debate. there is enough data to support it.

i think white people in this country were ready for a change (obama) but to overcome what's in the subconscious takes a long time and trump was able to revert many back to it. racism isn't just about screaming at someone who's a different color - it's engrained in everyone since this country was built on racism. it's still very institutional and all of us have it in us whether we choose to admit it or not. but the fact is, one race has dominated all the others in this country - and any set back in terms of racial unity - and this election is a set back - takes years to overcome and further engrains what's already in our subconscious.

10th if not hundreds of millions emigrants came to US after slavery was abolished and even after segregation was ended.
Still they posses racist and nationalistic views they brought from other countries.
At least on the surface this manifests as such.
Deep inside it is the same tribal "us against the world" position which comes out of necessity to survive.
The only way to overcome this huge drag on the progress is to collect as much of public wealth as possible to support basic needs of all population groups. We are not there yet and focus should be on getting the pie bigger no evenly distributed.
Later proved to make it smaller.
Obviously it is counterintuitive and not easily accepted by those who are on the tin end.
But life in not fair. It is just what it is.

I do believe you are contradicting yourself here. On page one you explained that "wasteland" is of the social variety, and how US is not "wasteland" when it comes to that. I have to agree, compared to some of the other countries the United States have better social programs , but that's a direct result of splitting the wealth or "pie" to pay for healthcare, welfare, SS, education, disability etc. In this post you are advocating for concentration of the wealth which effectively cuts those said programs and would actually increase the "social wasteland" effect.
So which is it? Should US support its social benefits or give everything to the rich and pray that they take it upon themselves to distribute that wealth using the wonderful yet unexistant trickle down effect? To go the first path Trump is not the right leader. The second path will bring America closer to the proverbial and aforementioned "social wasteland" and yes, in that case Trump is your man.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
12/2/2016  1:33 AM
Also let's not mix up social programs with trickle down economics.
1. Social programs- money from taxes used to help the needy. Theoretically creates stability, security and promotes spending. Meaning give people money to spend on doctors,rent and food and they will spend it because those are necessities.
2. Trickle down economics- tax cuts for the rich. Theoretically instead of putting that money under the mattress and buying a golden toilet the rich company owners will raise salaries, hire more people ( not overseas where the salaries are lower but in the US), give more money to the employees for healthcare and just open their wallets in general and make it rain silver dollars.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
OT: Politics Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy