[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Politics Thread
Author Thread
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

2/21/2017  5:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/21/2017  5:07 PM
Trump finally speaks up about anti-semitic vandalism after refusing request on a number of occasions...
AUTOADVERT
holfresh

2/21/2017  5:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/21/2017  5:15 PM
New National Security Advisor doesn't have to report to Steve Bannon as negotiated...The last guy didn't accept the role because he would have had to report to Steve Bannon..
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/21/2017  7:37 PM
smackeddog wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
fishmike wrote:Nix.. its sooooo funny, it really is. Trump dogged Obama about his birth cert for years. Now 2 months in and Trump and his supporters cry because he's not getting "a fair chance."

They aren't crying. The person they voted for won and will win again because they cannot be deceived

Take a step back and re-read what you wrote. It's gibberish- Trump lies, so his supporters can clearly be deceived. How can you already know the outcome of the election in 4 years (especially when you seem to think it will be won on the basis of people not being deceived). You may love it when Trump spouts any old bombastic drivel, but that doesn't make it true- it's just bombastic drivel, much like your post.

doesnt "alternative facts" feel better? I mean Trump isn't "really" lying. He's just calling it like he sees it, or some equally idiotic nonsense. Guns is a good lesson in the thought process here. No admission of the lies either, just plough through. When he gets wikileaked on his ties to Russia guys like Guns will honestly believe the democrats framed him... because he read it on twitter.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
holfresh

2/21/2017  8:48 PM
Trump is a master...CNN giving him credit for bringing on a guy who didn't see eye to eye with him on taking Iraqi oil..
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
2/21/2017  9:42 PM
fishmike wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
fishmike wrote:Nix.. its sooooo funny, it really is. Trump dogged Obama about his birth cert for years. Now 2 months in and Trump and his supporters cry because he's not getting "a fair chance."

They aren't crying. The person they voted for won and will win again because they cannot be deceived

Take a step back and re-read what you wrote. It's gibberish- Trump lies, so his supporters can clearly be deceived. How can you already know the outcome of the election in 4 years (especially when you seem to think it will be won on the basis of people not being deceived). You may love it when Trump spouts any old bombastic drivel, but that doesn't make it true- it's just bombastic drivel, much like your post.

doesnt "alternative facts" feel better? I mean Trump isn't "really" lying. He's just calling it like he sees it, or some equally idiotic nonsense. Guns is a good lesson in the thought process here. No admission of the lies either, just plough through. When he gets wikileaked on his ties to Russia guys like Guns will honestly believe the democrats framed him... because he read it on twitter.

I think this thinking goes both ways.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/22/2017  8:10 AM
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

no... not really.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
holfresh

2/22/2017  10:19 AM
The administration is trying to change the way trade deficits is calculated...This guy is a child narcissist trying to make politics of everything after he railed so hard against Washington...
dodger78
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #250
Germany
2/22/2017  10:44 AM
fishmike wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

no... not really.

+1

holfresh

2/23/2017  9:19 AM
More CEOs at the White House today doing breakout sessions and coming up with ideas in the one hour...Much like Trump's TV show The Apprentice...Do a photo op and one guy will promise 1500 jobs...Trump will talk nicely about his company, more palm pressing and his stock will rise..The President of the Dow Industrial Average..
holfresh

2/23/2017  10:06 AM
Mnuchin confirmed this morning on CNBC they will have a plan to further blow out the deficit and debt to unimaginable proportions later this year...
holfresh

2/23/2017  10:18 AM
Trumps people scare me so much...They state stuff that isn't factually true as a reason why they will enact a policy decision...
holfresh

2/23/2017  10:56 AM
It's so sad that people in Erie, PA. thinks manufacturing jobs are coming back to abandoned factories..Trump sold them a dream...

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/23/2017  11:47 AM
holfresh wrote:It's so sad that people in Erie, PA. thinks manufacturing jobs are coming back to abandoned factories..Trump sold them a dream...

The sad thing is that those old Manufacturing jobs are NEVER coming back and Trump sold these people a bunch of lies. The demand for Coal is down and Automation further reduces the need for workers! The truth is Trump was just as guilty of outsourcing as the companies he's chastising as President!!!
I haven't seen any news reports of Trump's companies bringing back production to the U.S. How about Trump building with U.S. Steel??? I mean he's a liar and a hypocrite.

holfresh

2/23/2017  12:17 PM
Air Force can't account for the $1 billion Trump claimed to have saved them on Air Force One..
holfresh

2/24/2017  10:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2017  10:29 AM
Trump doing a speech at CPAC and all he is talking about is his standing ovations, his poll numbers, the election and how he won...Amazing...10 minutes in he is still talking about himself..
holfresh

2/24/2017  10:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2017  10:40 AM
20 minutes in..Finally done with himself and now we are building the Wall...Wow..POTUS..
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/24/2017  10:59 AM
holfresh wrote:20 minutes in..Finally done with himself and now we are building the Wall...Wow..POTUS..

He's such a clown 🤡. But he's a dangerous clown. Crazy to think how just less than 80,000 votes put this guy in the most powerful position in the world.

holfresh

2/24/2017  2:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2017  3:04 PM
Journalist from several organization, including The New York Times, were kept from attending a briefing by President Trump's press secretary...Only the "pool" press admitted..

Our Country is being run by children...
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/24/2017  8:01 PM
Sorry if this was already posted

Witnesses: Bar Gunman Shouted 'Get Out of My Country'
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS (JIM SUHR)
February 24, 2017, 4:46 AM EST February 24, 2017, 6:12 PM EST
Olathe, Kan. (AP) -- In the middle of a crowded bar, Adam Purinton yelled at two Indian men to "get out of my country," witnesses said, then opened fire in an attack that killed one of the men and wounded the other, as well as a third man who tried to help.

Hours later, the 51-year-old former air traffic controller reportedly told a bartender in another town that he needed a place to hide because he had just killed two Middle Eastern men.

In India, the father of one of the wounded men called Wednesday's attack in the Kansas City suburbs a hate crime, but authorities on Friday declined to discuss a motive as they investigated. The shooting swiftly stoked fears about the treatment of immigrants, who feel targeted by President Donald Trump's promises to ban certain travelers, build a wall along the Mexico border and put "America first."

The president has been especially vocal about the threat posed by Islamic terrorist groups. Both of the Indian men were Hindu.

The slain man was identified as Srinivas Kuchibhotla, 32. His widow said he came to the U.S. in 2005 to pursue a master's degree at the University of Texas at El Paso and worked in Iowa for six years before moving to the Kansas City area.

The most important business stories of the day.
Get Bloomberg's daily newsletter.

Enter your email
"He did not deserve a death like this," Sunayana Dumala said Friday at a news conference organized by her husband's employer, the GPS device-maker Garmin. "I don't know what to say. We've read many times in newspapers of some kind of shooting happening somewhere. I was always concerned, 'Are we doing the right thing staying in the U.S. or America?' But he always assured me good things happen in America."

Though she did not mention Trump by name, she directed anger at the U.S. government, asking what officials would do to stop hate crimes.

"Not everyone will be harmful to this country," she said.

Purinton was jailed on murder and attempted murder charges. His first court appearance was scheduled for Monday.

A bartender at Austins Bar and Grill in the suburb of Olathe said Purinton used racial slurs before firing. He was taken into custody about five hours later after speaking with another bartender at an Applebee's some 70 miles away in Clinton, Missouri.

The Kansas City Star reported Purinton's comments to the second bartender. The paper did not cite its sources.

The other men who were shot were identified as 32-year-old Alok Madasani, who was released from the hospital Thursday, and 24-year-old Ian Grillot, who remained hospitalized.

Madasani's father, Jaganmohan Reddy, said he had spoken with his wounded son by phone from India and was worried about his safety.

"I request other parents to think twice before sending their children to the United States," he said.

As engineers for Garmin, Kuchibhotla and Madasani worked at the company's main campus just a mile from the scene of the shooting. Garmin is one of the region's best-known employers.

Local police were working with the FBI. Spokeswoman Bridget Patton said the federal agency's role is to help determine if a civil rights violation occurred.

Purinton, who is being held on $2 million bond, was moved Friday from Missouri to Kansas. Because he has not yet appeared in court, he did not have an attorney formally assigned to his case.

Beverly Morris, who has lived next door to Purinton in Olathe for about 20 years, said he never made her feel unsafe.

"He seemed like a good guy," Morris said, but "anybody who knew him knew he had a drinking problem."

Another neighbor, Michael Shimeall, told the Star that Purinton seemed friendly and never showed a temper "or anything like that."

He recalled that Purinton was helpful with neighbors when they had to dig out after snowstorms or pick up a tree blown down by wind. He said Purinton had photos of the ships he served on in the Navy and other Navy items in his home.

FAA records from the 1990s indicate that Purinton was a pilot and was licensed to work in an airport control tower. Agency spokeswoman Elizabeth Isham Cory says Purinton left the FAA 17 years ago in 2000.

At the time of the attack, bar patrons were watching a college basketball game on television. When Purinton began harassing the two men, Grillot "stood up for them," bartender Garret Bohnen told the Star.

Witnesses also told the newspaper about Purinton's yelling about leaving the country.

As the gunfire began, Grillot hid under a table until nine shots had been fired. Believing the suspect's magazine was empty, he chased the gunman in hopes of subduing him.

A bullet went through his right hand and into his chest, just missing a major artery but fracturing a vertebra in Grillot's neck.

"Another half inch, I could be dead or never walk again," he said Thursday from his hospital bed in a video from the University of Kansas Health System.

He did not describe what led to the shooting, saying only that he felt compelled to intervene to help others.

"I was just doing what anyone should have done for another human being," he said.

The Indian government said its diplomats would monitor the Kansas investigation. Kuchibhotla was from the southern state of Telangana, and his body was to be transported to the capital city of Hyderabad, where his family lives.

Mourners poured into Hyderabad. His parents have another son working in the United States.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-02-24/witnesses-say-deadly-kansas-shooting-was-racially-motivated

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/24/2017  8:06 PM
I want to hear the Trump voter's opinions on Christian Terrorism
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
OT: Politics Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy