12/7/2016  2:12 AM
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:The defense started to improve right after they had a team meeting led by the players. Rambis is Herb Williams 2.0

This sounds naive! It takes real work to fix the kind of defensive breakdowns we saw with this team. It wasn't JUST a players meeting! There have been som very real adjustments and that means coaching.

He's one of the worst coaches in NBA history, thats a fact. I've seen nothing that Rambis has done since joining the Knicks that looks any different. Exactly what does Rambis have to do for you to sour on him? Its almost cult-like. But that's nothing new, is it?

You do realize that you're talking out your ass!!! You don't know shyte about what Rambis does for this team. What I do know is that when he took over the defense in LA they improved. This team has improved! No they're not the Bad Boy Pistons but they've improved. That doesn't fit your narrative so you talk shyte! STFU!

Right. You were the one saying that Fisher was up for the job, said the same thing about Rambis, and Im talking out of my ass? Please. Im a Knicks fan, not a fanboy like you.

That's right bring up some random point about Fisher and Rambis. How does any of that make your point more valid? The Knicks are not a great defensive team but they can and do play defense very well for stretches. They merely lack consistency, but they have gotten better defensively. You don't really have a point here but rather just dumb ass bias towards Rambis. Like I said, STFU!!!

You call me naive while conveniently forgetting that you were Fisher's biggest defender on this board, then you became Rambis's biggest defender. You have no business calling out anyone on this board for being naive, you are the definition of it. Try actually getting it right for a change before telling people to shut up, you child.

OK first of all what is this crap about "biggest defender"? How are you quantifying that and what does that have to do with anything? We have a FAR better roster now and more than anything that is a huge reason the team is playing better, but let's not forget that the team was playing well under Fisher at 22-22 until injuries destroyed the rest of the year. That's really neither here nor there. You have nothing to say in support of your Biased position so you resort to trying to make this about me. STFU already and stop embarrassing yourself.

I dont need a ****ing chart to tell me that you were D'Antoni's biggest defender on this board. No one does. Just like I dont need a ****ing chart to tell me that you were defending both of those sorry ass coaches long after it was clear to almost everyone else that they werent up for the job. Again, show some ****ing humility and self awareness, consider the fact that you were wrong about the last two coaches being good enough for the job before spouting off again about people not getting it.

Talk about embarrassing yourself, good gravy.

AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
12/7/2016  2:27 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:The defense started to improve right after they had a team meeting led by the players. Rambis is Herb Williams 2.0

This sounds naive! It takes real work to fix the kind of defensive breakdowns we saw with this team. It wasn't JUST a players meeting! There have been som very real adjustments and that means coaching.

He's one of the worst coaches in NBA history, thats a fact. I've seen nothing that Rambis has done since joining the Knicks that looks any different. Exactly what does Rambis have to do for you to sour on him? Its almost cult-like. But that's nothing new, is it?

You do realize that you're talking out your ass!!! You don't know shyte about what Rambis does for this team. What I do know is that when he took over the defense in LA they improved. This team has improved! No they're not the Bad Boy Pistons but they've improved. That doesn't fit your narrative so you talk shyte! STFU!

Right. You were the one saying that Fisher was up for the job, said the same thing about Rambis, and Im talking out of my ass? Please. Im a Knicks fan, not a fanboy like you.

That's right bring up some random point about Fisher and Rambis. How does any of that make your point more valid? The Knicks are not a great defensive team but they can and do play defense very well for stretches. They merely lack consistency, but they have gotten better defensively. You don't really have a point here but rather just dumb ass bias towards Rambis. Like I said, STFU!!!

You call me naive while conveniently forgetting that you were Fisher's biggest defender on this board, then you became Rambis's biggest defender. You have no business calling out anyone on this board for being naive, you are the definition of it. Try actually getting it right for a change before telling people to shut up, you child.

OK first of all what is this crap about "biggest defender"? How are you quantifying that and what does that have to do with anything? We have a FAR better roster now and more than anything that is a huge reason the team is playing better, but let's not forget that the team was playing well under Fisher at 22-22 until injuries destroyed the rest of the year. That's really neither here nor there. You have nothing to say in support of your Biased position so you resort to trying to make this about me. STFU already and stop embarrassing yourself.

I dont need a ****ing chart to tell me that you were D'Antoni's biggest defender on this board. No one does. Just like I dont need a ****ing chart to tell me that you were defending both of those sorry ass coaches long after it was clear to almost everyone else that they werent up for the job. Again, show some ****ing humility and self awareness, consider the fact that you were wrong about the last two coaches being good enough for the job before spouting off again about people not getting it.

Talk about embarrassing yourself, good gravy.

Boring and weak! Man you bringing up MDA?

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
12/7/2016  11:07 PM
I guess Rambis took tonight off.
¿ △ ?
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/8/2016  12:05 AM
crzymdups wrote:I guess Rambis took tonight off.

lol shouldn't phil fire him after this performance?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
crzymdups
USA
1/2/2017  9:51 PM
Is Rambis in charge of defense? Or is this all Melo's fault?

I tend to think it is both, but we've seen Rambis for two and a half looooong years now. Why does he still have a job.

¿ △ ?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/2/2017  10:34 PM
crzymdups wrote:Is Rambis in charge of defense? Or is this all Melo's fault?

I tend to think it is both, but we've seen Rambis for two and a half looooong years now. Why does he still have a job.

Certainly anyone were replace him with has to be better?
Since when do we blame the assistant coach? this is not like football where we have coordinators on both sides of the ball. Basketball is a transitional game.

We need to blame someone? At 3games over .500 we were golden.
Blame? Phil for the roster,Hornacek is the head coach, Rambis and other assistants, Injuries, Rookies and others not NBA experienced hitting a wall......add it up.

Lots of blame to go around. Blame fan expectations to extrapolate when we were 4th seed as if it would continue.

crzymdups
USA
1/2/2017  10:37 PM
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Is Rambis in charge of defense? Or is this all Melo's fault?

Certainly anyone were replace him with has to be better?
Since when do we blame the assistant coach? this is not like football where we have coordinators on both sides of the ball. Basketball is a transitional game.

We need to blame someone? At 3games over .500 we were golden.
Blame? Phil for the roster,Hornacek is the head coach, Rambis and other assistants, Injuries, Rookies and others not NBA experienced hitting a wall......add it up.

Lots of blame to go around. Blame fan expectations to extrapolate when we were 4th seed as if it would continue.

Even when they were 4th, I was saying the defense was a massive issue. The East is too tightly packed to feel comfortable in your position in the standnings, it changes daily. The defense is a massive massive issue. I've been saying this all season.

But look at this play - Melo is bad. But the entire SCHEME is terrible. Is Rambis in charge of the defense? We were told that he was. However made this defensive scheme doesn't understand the modern NBA - whether its Hornacek or Rambis. Seriously, look at it -

¿ △ ?
holfresh
Member: #1081

1/2/2017  10:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/2/2017  10:45 PM
It's not Rambis..Hornacek is the coach..He runs the team..He has never been a defensive coach..The red flag was when the players said they practice defense only against the triangle..Same thing you heard with MDA...They didn't practice defense..What's also telling is he never calls time out after a bad sequence..

You can't also play the starters insane minutes and complain they don't play defense..If he wants better defense cut the minutes played...
crzymdups
USA
1/2/2017  11:10 PM
holfresh wrote:It's not Rambis..Hornacek is the coach..He runs the team..He has never been a defensive coach..The red flag was when the players said they practice defense only against the triangle..Same thing you heard with MDA...They didn't practice defense..What's also telling is he never calls time out after a bad sequence..

You can't also play the starters insane minutes and complain they don't play defense..If he wants better defense cut the minutes played...

Wasn't Rambis specifically put in charge of the defense after that quote? It's in the OP of this thread.

¿ △ ?
holfresh

1/2/2017  11:15 PM
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:It's not Rambis..Hornacek is the coach..He runs the team..He has never been a defensive coach..The red flag was when the players said they practice defense only against the triangle..Same thing you heard with MDA...They didn't practice defense..What's also telling is he never calls time out after a bad sequence..

Wasn't Rambis specifically put in charge of the defense after that quote? It's in the OP of this thread.

I have never seen a team in the NBA where the head coach wasn't in charge of both..Then again I never saw a team where the coach wasn't in charge of the style of play..

crzymdups
USA
1/2/2017  11:24 PM
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

I have never seen a team in the NBA where the head coach wasn't in charge of both..Then again I never saw a team where the coach wasn't in charge of the style of play..

This was the tweet I started the thread with. This is Phil's call. Maybe Hornacek isn't a good defensive coach... this is why a lot of us were screaming that we needed to at least interview Thibs and Vogel.

I like Hornacek and he couldn't get his top defensive guy - that guy is in Cleveland, I believe, after he was fired by the Suns management.

¿ △ ?
holfresh

1/2/2017  11:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/2/2017  11:41 PM
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

This was the tweet I started the thread with. This is Phil's call. Maybe Hornacek isn't a good defensive coach... this is why a lot of us were screaming that we needed to at least interview Thibs and Vogel.

I like Hornacek and he couldn't get his top defensive guy - that guy is in Cleveland, I believe, after he was fired by the Suns management.

That's fodder for the press..I really don't believe it..I think management plays these games..For example, if the team isn't playing the type of defense Rambis wants, who calls the time out Rambis or Hornacek??..Does Rambis tell Hornacek to call a time out because he doesn't like what he is seeing??..

crzymdups
USA
1/2/2017  11:41 PM
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

That's fodder for the press..I really don't believe it..I think management plays these games..For example, if the team isn't playing the type of defense Rambis wants, who calls the time out Rambis or Hornacek??..Does Rambis tell Hornacek to call a time out because ase he doesn't like what he is seeing??..

That's what I didn't like about it to begin with. It completely undercuts the head coach. There needs to be a clear chain of command. This is a mess. And it's on Phil. He set this up.

¿ △ ?
holfresh

1/2/2017  11:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/2/2017  11:44 PM
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

That's fodder for the press..I really don't believe it..I think management plays these games..For example, if the team isn't playing the type of defense Rambis wants, who calls the time out Rambis or Hornacek??..Does Rambis tell Hornacek to call a time out because ase he doesn't like what he is seeing??..

That's what I didn't like about it to begin with. It completely undercuts the head coach. There needs to be a clear chain of command. This is a mess. And it's on Phil. He set this up.

And it seems like players a agitated by the scheme..Who ever is in charge..

Wally and Hahn think it's Hornacek..

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/3/2017  7:25 AM
Hornack is going to get fired and Rambis will be the HC again and it will drive this team into the abyss
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
crzymdups
USA
1/3/2017  11:51 PM
Jmpasq wrote:Hornack is going to get fired and Rambis will be the HC again and it will drive this team into the abyss

Hornacek is certainly on the hot seat... which I would not have thought possible as recently as two weeks ago... heck even one week ago.

If Rambis becomes head coach again, I will just become a full time draft scout for basketball fun this season.

¿ △ ?
Nalod
USA
1/4/2017  11:13 AM
crzymdups wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:Hornack is going to get fired and Rambis will be the HC again and it will drive this team into the abyss

Hornacek is certainly on the hot seat... which I would not have thought possible as recently as two weeks ago... heck even one week ago.

If Rambis becomes head coach again, I will just become a full time draft scout for basketball fun this season.

a 4 game losing streak and we to blow it up? Fans suggesting coach on the hot seat as in "Might get fired"?
Fans calling for trading and blowing it up after 30 games?
We think that Greg Monroe and Brandon knight are the cure?

Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/4/2017  11:43 AM
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

a 4 game losing streak and we to blow it up? Fans suggesting coach on the hot seat as in "Might get fired"?

thought it was 5 games now
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/4/2017  12:26 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Team hasn't even been whole over the last 5 games! They've got to keep working with these players to try and get even some decent level defense out of them. Gotta get healthy too.

Nalod
USA
1/4/2017  12:34 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Oh, ok, now its time!!!! Geez, 4 games is a joke, but 5!!!!! Justifiable!!!!

Rambis put in charge of defense

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy