Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/6/2016  11:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/6/2016  11:30 AM
holfresh wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

You all told me I was crazy about Phil and Rambis and the Triangle. Well, the idea that he'd go away from the triangle and Rambis lasted about six games.

Phil has completely undermined his coach six games into the season. This won't end well.

Ok, can we give Rambis some love? Besides, you think Rose and Noah would have agreed to be knick if he was coach?
He wears out his players.
I think Hornacek being a "guard friendly" coach is helping both Rose and Jennings. Horney was not the fastest guard and our two new guys build their games on being athletic.
Rose has mentioned he was "wreckless" in his youthier days and is learning how to play a more controlled game. Jennings is still a bit of a crackhead but he is effective in his role. I have not watched much of him prior to him being a knick.

As for Rambis, knicks are 9-5 with him as defensive dude. A little love.

Well were are giving up 105 points per game the last 14 games which is better than the 109/110 clip we were running...We might be winning because the offense is clicking better..The teams now are not as good as the first 6 games...A few factors involved..I remember the days people were complaining about Woodson's teams giving up 95 points per game...Seems like switching defense is the new avant-garde of the NBA...But something tells me you aren't look for that kind of answer..Looking for more of a feel good moment??

Not from you!!!

So you actually looked up the stat to see what the difference actually was? And to taint it, tried to say "teams not as good"...
Well, when you win the team you beat is "Team is not as good"!
I'll take improvment and enjoy it. Sometimes teams start well and tail off. LIke ATL. Somtimes they start slow, then get better!
Yes Im looking for a feel good moment, and why the hell not. Im also the guy saying "6 or next seven are on the road and .500 after would be great!!"

Rambis got some hate and team was 2-4. 9-5, he deserves some love at the 20 game mark. I so make this decree!
All the metrics or stats don't mean a thing to Nalod, its just about wins and losses.
Yes I agree, when the offense does better that helps!! Advanced metric: if you outscore your opponent, you win 100% of the time. Brilliant!!!

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/6/2016  11:50 AM
holfresh wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

You all told me I was crazy about Phil and Rambis and the Triangle. Well, the idea that he'd go away from the triangle and Rambis lasted about six games.

Phil has completely undermined his coach six games into the season. This won't end well.

Ok, can we give Rambis some love? Besides, you think Rose and Noah would have agreed to be knick if he was coach?
I think Hornacek being a "guard friendly" coach is helping both Rose and Jennings. Horney was not the fastest guard and our two new guys build their games on being athletic.
Rose has mentioned he was "wreckless" in his youthier days and is learning how to play a more controlled game. Jennings is still a bit of a crackhead but he is effective in his role. I have not watched much of him prior to him being a knick.

Well were are giving up 105 points per game the last 14 games which is better than the 109/110 clip we were running...We might be winning because the offense is clicking better..The teams now are not as good as the first 6 games...A few factors involved..I remember the days people were complaining about Woodson's teams giving up 95 points per game...Seems like switching defense is the new avant-garde of the NBA...But something tells me you aren't look for that kind of answer..Looking for more of a feel good moment??

whats your issue dude? You did this last year with KP denying he had "star" talent and ability to take over games "because we havent *SEEN* that from him" (that was your quote). Then you disappeared for months.

Of course there are many factors at play. There always are. Whether or not there is causality is up for discussion, but the fact remains that the Knicks are 9-5 since the "Rambis assignment."

My god! A Knick fan being positive on a Knick board. Thank god we have you to bring us down.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
USA
12/6/2016  11:51 AM
Nalod wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Not from you!!!

So you actually looked up the stat to see what the difference actually was? And to taint it, tried to say "teams not as good"...
I'll take improvment and enjoy it. Sometimes teams start well and tail off. LIke ATL. Somtimes they start slow, then get better!
Yes Im looking for a feel good moment, and why the hell not. Im also the guy saying "6 or next seven are on the road and .500 after would be great!!"

Rambis got some hate and team was 2-4. 9-5, he deserves some love at the 20 game mark. I so make this decree!
All the metrics or stats don't mean a thing to Nalod, its just about wins and losses.
Yes I agree, when the offense does better that helps!! Advanced metric: if you outscore your opponent, you win 100% of the time. Brilliant!!!

beat me to it. Well said.
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

12/6/2016  12:04 PM
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

whats your issue dude? You did this last year with KP denying he had "star" talent and ability to take over games "because we havent *SEEN* that from him" (that was your quote). Then you disappeared for months.

Of course there are many factors at play. There always are. Whether or not there is causality is up for discussion, but the fact remains that the Knicks are 9-5 since the "Rambis assignment."

My god! A Knick fan being positive on a Knick board. Thank god we have you to bring us down.

Been jawing to Nalod a couple of threads now..I didn't realize it would offend you..

holfresh

12/6/2016  12:08 PM
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Not from you!!!

When did you become the rah rah police?

fishmike
USA
12/6/2016  12:17 PM
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Not from you!!!

when did you become the douche patrol?
fishmike
USA
12/6/2016  12:18 PM
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Been jawing to Nalod a couple of threads now..I didn't realize it would offend you..

I didnt realize you were so mired in negativity you hate the Knicks and cant enjoy anything about them or about life
holfresh

12/6/2016  12:24 PM
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Not from you!!!

when did you become the douche patrol?

Well it's not really a douche patrol, just a back and forth zing for a going on from a while back..see the sig..Didn't mean to offend you..
holfresh

12/6/2016  12:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/6/2016  12:30 PM
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

I didnt realize you were so mired in negativity you hate the Knicks and cant enjoy anything about them or about life

Negativity, that what you think it is??..Hate the Knicks..That what you grab from this??..I'm shocked..So a Knicks fan shouldn't point bad things and give an honest assessment about the team?

I see fans killing Clyde..That's where we are now??

fishmike
USA
12/6/2016  12:44 PM
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Negativity, that what you think it is??..Hate the Knicks..That what you grab from this??..I'm shocked..So a Knicks fan shouldn't point bad things and give an honest assessment about the team?

right... kinda like me being "offended" being what you grabbed from me. No my comment to you was meant to be taken exactly how you took it.

No.. I think its great to talk about the team's goods and bads. But something tells me your not looking for that kind of discussion.

Nalod
USA
12/6/2016  12:55 PM
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Didn't notice. But I'll take your word for it.
Jawing can be fun, but if your going to be "THAT GUY"........Well you are.

holfresh

12/6/2016  1:01 PM
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

right... kinda like me being "offended" being what you grabbed from me. No my comment to you was meant to be taken exactly how you took it.

No.. I think its great to talk about the team's goods and bads. But something tells me your not looking for that kind of discussion.

So let's me get this straight..You think I'm actually hating, rooting for them to lose games and the evidence is my critical comments about managemtnt and the team?

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/6/2016  1:07 PM
Well this team still has work to do as we've all been saying. Even the Players have acknowledged that they have a lot more work to do, in improving their play on both ends. I said it from the start that this is a process and that this team should continue to improve as they play together. MOST of the fear mongering has stopped and we have been able to talk real basketball subjects. It's been very enjoyable around here lately. Every Knicks fan should be happy with the general direction of the team even while hoping for more improvement.
holfresh

12/6/2016  1:09 PM
No worries..I guess I'm old...
Nalod
USA
12/6/2016  1:12 PM
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

So let's me get this straight..You think I'm actually hating, rooting for them to lose games and the evidence is my critical comments about managemtnt and the team?

I chime in, not to speak for Fishmike,

but your trying to be "That guy", the one just too smart to fall for being enthusiastic. Its common.
We have all been "That guy" in our years here. I don't fall for the "starphuch" which is my way.
I like Phil, not that his presence alone changes things. But Im not beating him up for the money (he makes here what he made in LA) or for the Tyson trade which
was not great, but not fatal. Phil changed the decision making process.
To me if he starphuched Dolan, so much the better. At least Dolan had a belief strong enough to listen. When Isiah had him, he failed badly.

holfresh

12/6/2016  1:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/6/2016  1:29 PM
Nalod wrote:
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

but your trying to be "That guy", the one just too smart to fall for being enthusiastic. Its common.
We have all been "That guy" in our years here. I don't fall for the "starphuch" which is my way.
I like Phil, not that his presence alone changes things. But Im not beating him up for the money (he makes here what he made in LA) or for the Tyson trade which
To me if he starphuched Dolan, so much the better. At least Dolan had a belief strong enough to listen. When Isiah had him, he failed badly.

I'm not sure about being "that guy" or whatever but as you know I have a big problem with Phil from day one when he put his own interest ahead of the team..He pushed the triangle from day one..If not for fan and media rovolt Rambis would be our coach today running the triangle..So the psychoanalyst stuff aside, I think he could have done a better job if he hired a good coach and let him run his team from day one.

And you can't resist an opportunity to give Phil credit three years later which is why I dig every time you bring it up..But I must be a hater with an agenda, I'm hearing..

fishmike
USA
12/6/2016  1:28 PM
Nalod wrote:
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

I remember holfresh talking about how overrated KP was, and that we havent "seen" (his words) any ability from KP to take over games. Then holfresh disappeared for months. I know holfresh bitterly argued Isiah's merits till the end, and that he's strives to ensure no optimism can be had regarding current management's moves. What made me mention it? This comment from him:
"But something tells me your not looking for that kind of discussion."

Its all good. Yes holfresh... clearly you are having an age problem. All good. Take some vitamins and enjoy the Knicks and tell yourself Isiah would have done a better job and we are all ra-ra idiots. Its probably true anyway

Nalod
USA
12/6/2016  1:31 PM
holfresh wrote:
Nalod wrote:
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

I'm not sure about being "that guy" or whatever but as you know I have a big problem with Phil from day one when he put his own interest ahead of the team..He pushed the triangle from day one..If not for fan and media rovolt Rambis would be our coach today running the triangle..So the psychoanalyst stuff aside, I think he could have done a better job if he hired a good coach and let him run his team from day one.

And you can't resist an opportunity to give Phil credit three years later which is why I dig every time you bring it up..But I just be a hater with an agenda, I'm hearing..

Yes, fan revolt saved us from Rambis. Nice thought.
You had a problem with PHil from day one because it was a starphuch. I get it.
But DOlan professed to be hands off.
Why would Phil, or anyone else deviate from what and who they know to be successful? Triangle has been around for decades. He won' just a few years before he came to ny with at team that ran it. Not ancient by any stretch.
In it for the money? You don't know that and I doubt you can back it up. Your guessing.
If you don't like the pomp and circumstance of his arrival blame fans for the starphuch, not him.
But IM an old knick fan who has read phil's books and made the effort to understand.
Phil is no savior. I was shocked he took the gig as our only asset was Melo and roster was awful.

fishmike
USA
12/6/2016  1:31 PM
holfresh wrote:
Nalod wrote:
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

And you can't resist an opportunity to give Phil credit three years later which is why I dig every time you bring it up..But I just be a hater with an agenda, I'm hearing..

Ah yes... right. Here is the agenda. Phil wants to show the world how great the triangle is and doesnt care about anything else, least of all building a winning program. Yes thanks for the refresh. Phil only took the job to prove the triangle's worth. Great example of being 100% sure of yourself when your working with 5% of the available information.
fishmike
USA
12/6/2016  1:42 PM
holfresh wrote:And you can't resist an opportunity to give Phil credit three years later which is why I dig every time you bring it up..But I must be a hater with an agenda, I'm hearing..
When you say "I'm hearing" is that because you are actually reading your own words? I find this incredible. In one sentence you lay out your agenda, which is to revolt when anyone comments positively on something Phil has done. Then you cry about being labeled for it in the next sentence. Are you for real or just having fun?
Rambis put in charge of defense

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy