[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Id really like the Knicks to go in and get a W TONIGHT (8pm TNT)
Author Thread
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

10/25/2016  9:50 PM
With Roses trial it's clear the chemistry is way off.

But they should be playing better. The Hornachek offence looked awful today. Too much early offence that was esseantially a 1 pass possession.

Need more ball movement more depth. Cleveland is a hell of a team they are the best defence in the league.

Hopefully better play in a month. I'm giving them that much time to gel.

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/25/2016  9:50 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:I laughed at the Cab's bench before the game. Jefferson, dunleavy...I thought those guys where done. Our bench made them look like Vinnie Johnson and James Edwards tonight.
I hate Jefferson but he has looked great tonight. They are lucky he came back.

That's one of the reasons it's good to have vets on your bench, especially when they're still capable of practicing what they preach.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

10/25/2016  9:51 PM
Malcolm wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:They've lots of tape to go over lol. Im pretty sure Hornacek wants to make clear that Heroball isnt the answer, especially to our PGs.
Instead . . . maybe they could try learning the Triangle.

Triangle, Triangle. Triangle Triangle.... Triangle. Triangle, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle.

Let's make even simpler. Just give Rose a one day learning session on how to pass.
You're assuming . . . that he wants to learn.

He's proven that he's willing to share in his personal life. It should translate on the court.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/25/2016  9:51 PM
Malcolm wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:They've lots of tape to go over lol. Im pretty sure Hornacek wants to make clear that Heroball isnt the answer, especially to our PGs.
Instead . . . maybe they could try learning the Triangle.

Triangle, Triangle. Triangle Triangle.... Triangle. Triangle, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle.

Let's make even simpler. Just give Rose a one day learning session on how to pass.
You're assuming . . . that he wants to learn.
im not a big rose fan but i was impressed by his speed and driving to the hoop. However turovers passing and defense are a issue for him and those are things we need from the backcourt to be better
ScoreBot
10/25/2016  9:52 PM
4Q - 2:06
CLE 111 NYK 84
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:I laughed at the Cab's bench before the game. Jefferson, dunleavy...I thought those guys where done. Our bench made them look like Vinnie Johnson and James Edwards tonight.
I hate Jefferson but he has looked great tonight. They are lucky he came back.

That's one of the reasons it's good to have vets on your bench, especially when they're still capable of practicing what they preach.

The rooks on the bench are playing smarter than the vets. Weird.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:We have to remember this team is new and hasn't played together. They have a LOT of work to do.

no.

our one-year audition pgs are just. not. good. it's the decision making that just will not improve no matter how hard you have wanted to spin it. sorry!

Just keep talking and digging the hole deeper!!! If you think this is going to be the way this team plays all year, then you have no clue.

god bless your optimism. 44—45 wins isnt bad at all and the most realistic

It's not about this one game! We knew coming in that they hadn't played together enough and Hornacek didn't even have a chance to test his rotations or put in the full offense!!! Does it even look like they're running a set offense? I'm telling you this is not anywhere close to what this team is gonna be capable of.

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
10/25/2016  9:53 PM
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:We have to remember this team is new and hasn't played together. They have a LOT of work to do.

no.

our one-year audition pgs are just. not. good. it's the decision making that just will not improve no matter how hard you have wanted to spin it. sorry!

Just keep talking and digging the hole deeper!!! If you think this is going to be the way this team plays all year, then you have no clue.

our backcourt of jennings and rose are on one-year contracts for a very good reason, which has been made abundantly clear tonight. why, just a few hours ago you were saying rose/irving was a wash. now what do you have to say?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

10/25/2016  9:54 PM
my concern going into this season was the bench...but in an effort to be more positive, it looks like holiday played well though

overall i wasnt expecting a win ON THE ROAD at the defending champs...all i hoped was to lose within 10...its just one game...the cavs are a great team

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
Chandler
Member: #6197

Good news is we can only get better
(5)(5)
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
Jefferson and JR are all time punks.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1

10/25/2016  9:55 PM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:

no.

god bless your optimism. 44—45 wins isnt bad at all and the most realistic

It's not about this one game! We knew coming in that they hadn't played together enough and Hornacek didn't even have a chance to test his rotations or put in the full offense!!! Does it even look like they're running a set offense? I'm telling you this is not anywhere close to what this team is gonna be capable of.

when did i say its about one game. 45 wins would be a success nix given our recent history. We still need more pieces i feel
WP76
Member: #4508

10/25/2016  9:55 PM
We showed we can play competitive basketball for a half--which is a long way for playing that way for a full game.
ScoreBot
10/25/2016  9:56 PM
FINAL
CLE 117 NYK 88
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

10/25/2016  9:56 PM
Well...that was a a major ass whooping!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/25/2016  9:57 PM
WP76 wrote:We showed we can play competitive basketball for a half--which is a long way for playing that way for a full game.

Yeah. It was nice to not have the usual jokes/trash talk at the half by the TNT crew.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigDaddyG

10/25/2016  9:58 PM
Chandler wrote:Good news is we can only get better

Don't make assumptions. We just got gradually worse last season.

StarksEwing1

WP76 wrote:We showed we can play competitive basketball for a half--which is a long way for playing that way for a full game.
its gonna be like that this season. Having 3 draft picks and hopefully adding more pieces next offseason i feel we can take that next step. I would be happy with getting over .500 this year and getting the 5-6 seed. Its probably the most realistic barring injuries
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:

no.

our backcourt of jennings and rose are on one-year contracts for a very good reason, which has been made abundantly clear tonight. why, just a few hours ago you were saying rose/irving was a wash. now what do you have to say?

Dude WTF? Rose hasn't played!!! I wasn't saying that ONLY TONIGHT matters. Can you ****ing give the team a chance to get it together??? If this is the kind of bull**** you're gonna do all year then you should just take a break from posting!!! You have ZERO perspective. You know Damned well Rose hasn't played and the team didn't get a chance to develop any chemistry. Hornacek hasn't even been able to install the entire offense. But just keep talking so we can remind you of all these stupid ass comments later.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/25/2016  10:00 PM
When things get tight, our PGs try to do too much. Thought that KP and Melo werent featured enough. Thought Hornacek pulled the cord too early on Melo. Hope Kuz and Baker get more minutes. Willy looked like he was a little star struck on opening night. Rose looks pretty fast, thats good news. Noah looks like he needs a least a month to get up to speed.
Id really like the Knicks to go in and get a W TONIGHT (8pm TNT)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy