[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Official other 29 team NBA thread not related to Knicks 2016-17 season
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
12/6/2016  3:16 AM
crzymdups wrote:40pts for Klay tonight... BY HALFTIME.

60pts in 29 mins- ridiculous

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/6/2016  10:29 AM
1. Klay drops 40 in first half, 60 in the game plays just 29 min? Damn!
2. Phuching Rondo. Glad he is not a knick.
3. Spurs won 12th on the road. 12-0!
4. Philly still a league problem. They still going the way of Hinkie but no Hinkie.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/6/2016  11:30 AM
Man, LBJ averaging 9.2 assists per. Didn't realize this
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
12/6/2016  12:28 PM
martin wrote:Man, LBJ averaging 9.2 assists per. Didn't realize this

I fear what he will do to us tomorrow- have to assume he'll be highly motivated since he over reacted to the Phil Jackson comments.

Nalod
USA
12/6/2016  1:06 PM
I fear JR will break his slump.

Lebron will no doubt have his "Consortium of intellectual, marketing and financial advisers" based in NY at the game.
Also, his Cowboy friend "Maverick" Carter.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/6/2016  1:35 PM
Nalod wrote:I fear JR will break his slump.

Lebron will no doubt have his "Consortium of intellectual, marketing and financial advisers" based in NY at the game.

JR may not even play, hurt knee previous game.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
12/6/2016  10:52 PM
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:I fear JR will break his slump.

JR may not even play, hurt knee previous game.

He brush or land wrong?
What about Shump? He got a special hair style for us?

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/7/2016  6:01 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
holfresh
Member: #1081

12/8/2016  11:08 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Tim is having a decent bounce back year..But this story is more about Korver than about Tim...

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

12/12/2016  12:24 AM
I know some around here were impressed by the T-Wolves' roster before the season. If you look at some of the individuals they have on that team they seem to have a pretty good group, yet after tonight's loss to GS, they are now 6-18, which puts them well into contention for the #1 pick in the draft.

I haven't watched them except for the 2 Knicks games. Do we overrate some of their players (Except for Towns, of course)...Are some of their "stars" incompatible?...Do we give them a break because they have a new coach?... Do we blame Thibs?

I just see them as one of the big disappointments so far- I figured them to be at least at the .500 mark by this time.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
holfresh
Member: #1081

12/12/2016  1:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/12/2016  1:22 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:I know some around here were impressed by the T-Wolves' roster before the season. If you look at some of the individuals they have on that team they seem to have a pretty good group, yet after tonight's loss to GS, they are now 6-18, which puts them well into contention for the #1 pick in the draft.

I haven't watched them except for the 2 Knicks games. Do we overrate some of their players (Except for Towns, of course)...Are some of their "stars" incompatible?...Do we give them a break because they have a new coach?... Do we blame Thibs?

I just see them as one of the big disappointments so far- I figured them to be at least at the .500 mark by this time.

Young teams don't know how to win the NBA..Young players are trying to find their way and establish themselves in a long season..It tough to ask them to have team goals when they are trying to figure their bodies out..It takes time..Which is why the Knick bench concerns me, btw..

Thibs will run these guys into the ground..Lavine 42 mins, Wiggins 41, and Towns 39 mins in a regular game..

Nalod
USA
12/12/2016  8:25 AM
I don't know what Thibs is doing. Maybe he is holding them to a schematic and with ownerships blessing willing the let them play it thru until they get it. Losing is a teacher. Im just guessing. Thibs is a control freak and very intense.

PHilly is showing signs of improvement. Is that also "playing thru it?"

WaltLongmire

12/12/2016  10:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/12/2016  10:44 PM
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:I know some around here were impressed by the T-Wolves' roster before the season. If you look at some of the individuals they have on that team they seem to have a pretty good group, yet after tonight's loss to GS, they are now 6-18, which puts them well into contention for the #1 pick in the draft.

Young teams don't know how to win the NBA..Young players are trying to find their way and establish themselves in a long season..It tough to ask them to have team goals when they are trying to figure their bodies out..It takes time..Which is why the Knick bench concerns me, btw..

Thibs will run these guys into the ground..Lavine 42 mins, Wiggins 41, and Towns 39 mins in a regular game..

Yup...just thought we would see more from them early on. Much of the team had a year together. I think people thought their bench would be better than it has been, but I also thought their starting 5 was competitive.

Wiggins has improved his 3pt shooting, and Lavine improved his shooting consistency- Dieng is solid but unspectacular, and Rubio can still distribute. Figured this would show up in the W/L column.

Towns seems like a bull...not sure Lavine or Wiggins can play Thibs type D and be the same on offense. Rubio has slowed because of injuries. The minutes played by the starters for yesterday's GS game WAS pretty ridiculous- says a lot about their bench.

They might need some kind of glue guy on that team- if they don't finish around .500 I could see either Wiggins or Lavine moved in the offseason... perhaps even at the trading deadline if they are truly bad.

Have to say that our bench might be better than you think, but we will see. Seem to have a lot of options. I like Jennings, despite having doubts about him when we picked him up ($$ was great, though), Holiday is solid, Lance and Kuz give us some good things, Willy/IOQ have been pretty good for the most part, and Sasha, for the money we pay him, gives us a jolt now and then.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

12/12/2016  10:58 PM
Houston missed 49 shots against the Nets...Brook Lopez played 32M and had 1 rebound to go with his 26pts.

Rockets did take 43 3s, and missed 26 of them (long rebounds?)

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
12/12/2016  11:19 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Houston missed 49 shots against the Nets...Brook Lopez played 32M and had 1 rebound to go with his 26pts.

Rockets did take 43 3s, and missed 26 of them (long rebounds?)

Brook is also setting up outside more because he is shooting threes now. Opens the lane up for the guards, but not good for offensive rebounding.

Nets hung pretty tough with the Rockets though. Lin looked pretty good for them (he was +17 in 20min). Sean Kilpatrick is also very solid.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
12/12/2016  11:32 PM
¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
USA
12/16/2016  11:03 PM
CrushAlot
USA
12/16/2016  11:04 PM
smackeddog
12/17/2016  3:46 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

To be honest, if someone wrote about my sister like that, I'd be hacked off too. I think journalists can play a very passive-aggressive game, whereby they can be as obnoxious as they like in articles, but when they're called out on it, they act like they're the most sensitive people on earth and then they suddenly make out that they are these heroic soldiers of virtue who are simply trying to uphold democracy. Journalists can be heroic and honest, but most of the time , most of them are actually being lazy and damaging peoples lives just to get people to read their crap (as this article is an example!). I don't have a problem with what he did- those sac town journalist can't have it both ways, why are they allowed to tear into him in their articles, but he's not allowed to react to that or tear into them?

CrushAlot
USA
12/17/2016  8:53 AM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

To be honest, if someone wrote about my sister like that, I'd be hacked off too. I think journalists can play a very passive-aggressive game, whereby they can be as obnoxious as they like in articles, but when they're called out on it, they act like they're the most sensitive people on earth and then they suddenly make out that they are these heroic soldiers of virtue who are simply trying to uphold democracy. Journalists can be heroic and honest, but most of the time , most of them are actually being lazy and damaging peoples lives just to get people to read their crap (as this article is an example!). I don't have a problem with what he did- those sac town journalist can't have it both ways, why are they allowed to tear into him in their articles, but he's not allowed to react to that or tear into them?

He didn't write about his sister he referenced his brother getting arrested in May in a bar fight that Cousins was also present for. I am not a fan of writer's spinning what the night was like in the club etc. but making the connection that two assaults have occurred in bars in the last 6 months where Cousins has been present and by some accounts involved isn't out of bounds in my opinion. This is the reference,
For Cousins, this is his second late-night outing on the club circuit this year that ended badly. In May, TMZ caught him at The DrYnk in Tampa with his younger brother, Jaleel. The celebrity gossip website reported that he and his brother were trying to get into the club’s DJ area when a confrontation broke out. Jaleel wound up getting shocked with a Taser and arrested while friends hustled DeMarcus out of the place.

Now, along with The DrYnk, Cousins will always have the Avenue.

Maybe he, and Barnes, should find better places to hang out.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/andy-furillo/article120107843.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/andy-furillo/article120107843.html
Official other 29 team NBA thread not related to Knicks 2016-17 season

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy