Official other 29 team NBA thread not related to Knicks 2016-17 season
Author Thread
crzymdups
Posts: 51356
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/1/2004
Member: #671
USA
10/27/2016  11:51 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/27/2016  11:52 AM
Lakers might be a little bit of a surprise this year. They are absolutely loaded at the guard spots with Russell, Clarkson, Lou Williams, Swaggy, and Ingram. That's an ideal roster to have in the modern NBA - especially with capable vets like Deng and Mozgov and young athletic bigs like Nance and Randle... they might be better than people think.

Also, I watched the Lakers/Rockets last night. And good lord, every D'Antoni team plays the same kind of defense... which is to say NONE. Rockets are in for a long long year.

#FreeWilly
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Posts: 52532
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
10/27/2016  12:26 PM
crzymdups wrote:Lakers might be a little bit of a surprise this year. They are absolutely loaded at the guard spots with Russell, Clarkson, Lou Williams, Swaggy, and Ingram. That's an ideal roster to have in the modern NBA - especially with capable vets like Deng and Mozgov and young athletic bigs like Nance and Randle... they might be better than people think.

Also, I watched the Lakers/Rockets last night. And good lord, every D'Antoni team plays the same kind of defense... which is to say NONE. Rockets are in for a long long year.

First game bro, just one. Predicting a trajectory on one game is fun.

Spurs will win the west and GSW will struggle.
Joel Embiid is an allstar.
Cav's will sweep the east.
Orlando has taken 5 steps backward.
Julious randle is the leagues best power forward.

Anger sells, don't buy!
BRIGGS
Posts: 48171
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
10/27/2016  1:55 PM
Khris Middleton out for year---Wow--death blow.
yellowboy90
Posts: 33339
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/23/2011
Member: #3538

10/27/2016  2:01 PM
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Lakers might be a little bit of a surprise this year. They are absolutely loaded at the guard spots with Russell, Clarkson, Lou Williams, Swaggy, and Ingram. That's an ideal roster to have in the modern NBA - especially with capable vets like Deng and Mozgov and young athletic bigs like Nance and Randle... they might be better than people think.

Also, I watched the Lakers/Rockets last night. And good lord, every D'Antoni team plays the same kind of defense... which is to say NONE. Rockets are in for a long long year.

First game bro, just one. Predicting a trajectory on one game is fun.

Spurs will win the west and GSW will struggle.
Joel Embiid is an allstar.
Cav's will sweep the east.
Orlando has taken 5 steps backward.
Julious randle is the leagues best power forward.

going off one game that title should belong to Anthony Davis, no?

Nalod
Posts: 52532
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
10/27/2016  2:11 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Lakers might be a little bit of a surprise this year. They are absolutely loaded at the guard spots with Russell, Clarkson, Lou Williams, Swaggy, and Ingram. That's an ideal roster to have in the modern NBA - especially with capable vets like Deng and Mozgov and young athletic bigs like Nance and Randle... they might be better than people think.

Also, I watched the Lakers/Rockets last night. And good lord, every D'Antoni team plays the same kind of defense... which is to say NONE. Rockets are in for a long long year.

First game bro, just one. Predicting a trajectory on one game is fun.

Spurs will win the west and GSW will struggle.
Joel Embiid is an allstar.
Cav's will sweep the east.
Orlando has taken 5 steps backward.
Julious randle is the leagues best power forward.

going off one game that title should belong to Anthony Davis, no?

Sarcasim offers some opportunity to stretch ones mind.
If the knicks had beaten the Cav's, some might say "Knicks are the favored out of the east and Cav's are in real trouble". A bit silly after one game.

what do we know? Davis is the best PF in the game. Is Julious randle? No. Sarcastically?

Anger sells, don't buy!
fishmike
Posts: 46167
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
10/27/2016  3:09 PM
the only thing I miss about the early NBA is betting. Back in my degenerate gambling days nothing beats the early season NBA lines.

Things will settle. There will be some surprises. Hopefully Knicks are one of them.

fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
CrushAlot
Posts: 52972
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
10/27/2016  9:34 PM
I've seen scant proof that a majestic aura trumps a sound plan, but maybe that's just because I wasn't looking at Phil Jackson... Seth Rosenthal 2014
yellowboy90
Posts: 33339
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/23/2011
Member: #3538

10/27/2016  9:36 PM
O.T. any cord cutters having problem with the watchTNT app being like 10-20 minutes behind live tv on the firestick?
Kemet
Posts: 20578
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/23/2015
Member: #6148

10/28/2016  1:42 AM
Two 7 footers in Plumlee and Jordan going at each other hard for blocks rebounds n scoring .. while PG CP3 and Lillard playing hard ball with each other as if this is the last game of the season ..
Blazers coach Terry Stotts has tried every scheme in his playbook to keep the score close down the stretch, no luck with the Hacka-Jordan in crunchtime ... Great Game .. This was Ole NBA B.Ball with a battle between 7 footers
yellowboy90
Posts: 33339
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/23/2011
Member: #3538

10/28/2016  2:44 AM
thjr had a good night for atl
fishmike
Posts: 46167
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
10/28/2016  11:56 AM
whats up with Washington? I feel like they should be pretty good and just dont play well. They seemed up and coming and now middle of the road?
fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
BRIGGS
Posts: 48171
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
10/28/2016  12:46 PM
fishmike wrote:whats up with Washington? I feel like they should be pretty good and just dont play well. They seemed up and coming and now middle of the road?

Washington is a good team 5-7 in east. Atlanta is easily top 4 maybe 1 if Clev gets injury.

NYKBocker
Posts: 34886
Alba Posts: 469
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
10/28/2016  2:10 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:O.T. any cord cutters having problem with the watchTNT app being like 10-20 minutes behind live tv on the firestick?
I bought an atom mini pc stick and watch tnt stream online. Had problems initially with lag but when I added a wifi extender it has been great.
CrushAlot
Posts: 52972
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
10/28/2016  9:49 PM
Nets look like they might beat the Pacers. They competed against the Celtics. Two games in but things have already changed there.
I've seen scant proof that a majestic aura trumps a sound plan, but maybe that's just because I wasn't looking at Phil Jackson... Seth Rosenthal 2014
CrushAlot
Posts: 52972
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
10/28/2016  10:52 PM
Westbrook 47, 12 and 10 in ot.
I've seen scant proof that a majestic aura trumps a sound plan, but maybe that's just because I wasn't looking at Phil Jackson... Seth Rosenthal 2014
CrushAlot
Posts: 52972
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
10/28/2016  11:16 PM
Westbrook with 51, 13 and 10. Thunder win in ot.
I've seen scant proof that a majestic aura trumps a sound plan, but maybe that's just because I wasn't looking at Phil Jackson... Seth Rosenthal 2014
NYDiva
Posts: 21166
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/14/2012
Member: #4387

10/28/2016  11:51 PM
Watched the game. Westbrook actually didn't play particularly well, despite the numbers. He jacked some bad shots down the stretch of regulation. Tonight, his first, second, and third instinct was to try to win the game by himself. When that didn't happen, he finally remembered his teammates. Roberson's defense down the stretch coupled with Adams effort was probably why they pulled the game out. Westbrook played much, much better against Philly. He was poised, efficient, and smart in that game. This triple double vs the Suns was a wash.
CrushAlot
Posts: 52972
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
10/29/2016  12:05 AM
NYDiva wrote:Watched the game. Westbrook actually didn't play particularly well, despite the numbers. He jacked some bad shots down the stretch of regulation. Tonight, his first, second, and third instinct was to try to win the game by himself. When that didn't happen, he finally remembered his teammates. Roberson's defense down the stretch coupled with Adams effort was probably why they pulled the game out. Westbrook played much, much better against Philly. He was poised, efficient, and smart in that game. This triple double vs the Suns was a wash.
I watched the end of the fourth quarter and ot. I was really impressed with his energy when they quoted his stats. Thanks for the full game perspective. Politics, and the world series are getting in the way of my bball watching.
I've seen scant proof that a majestic aura trumps a sound plan, but maybe that's just because I wasn't looking at Phil Jackson... Seth Rosenthal 2014
NYDiva
Posts: 21166
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/14/2012
Member: #4387

10/29/2016  12:31 AM
CrushAlot wrote:I watched the end of the fourth quarter and ot. I was really impressed with his energy when they quoted his stats. Thanks for the full game perspective. Politics, and the world series are getting in the way of my bball watching.

No prob. Westbrook brings fantastic energy and had a key drive down the stretch of OT. Also hit foul shots to seal the game. He didn't play horribly, just not particularly well throughout. Poor decision-making, hero ball. It might have benefited him not to win this game, in actuality. I'm hoping he goes back to how he played vs the Sixers - he was wonderful in that game.
Chandler
Posts: 21687
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/26/2015
Member: #6197

10/29/2016  8:06 AM
Anthony Davis is playing out of his mind and not even breaking a sweat

Immensely talented.

DJMUSIC: Fisher talked a good game in Post game but aside from that Derek Fisher was ALL CHIT CHAT SH_t and produced nothing!
Official other 29 team NBA thread not related to Knicks 2016-17 season

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.