dk7th wrote:
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:I dont know about extortion. Both parties look stupid IMO

As someone who knew Ms. Los Rios told me recently.

“It was either going to be Derrick or someone else. This was her way of getting out of the bind she was in. Derrick just had the most money and treated her pretty crappy, so she figured he would settle for a couple of million, which is pennies for him.”

hopefully Rose learns from his mistakes. Im happy this mess is over

due to his stupid behavior he missed the entire preseason with the knicks so this has hurt the knicks, who really have no room for error since they're two weeks behind everyone else and are projected to win around 40 games.

im happy we have jennings. I wanted him to start from day 1 anyway

i am not a fan of ennings. all his "swag" histrionics are basically fronting because the guy knows he isn't a very good nba player. his minutes should be appropriated by baker sooner or later.

We have no idea what kind of player Baker is going to be when the games count for real. I'm not a fan of Jennings as a starter, but I love him coming off the bench. I think he's perfect in that role right now. Huge spark plug who can get the team and the crowd going. Like John Starks, you may never know what you're going to get out of him from game to game but the dude can play.

People forget, as a rookie he pretty much lead the Bucks from 34-48 to 46-36 and playoffs while dropping 55 in the 7th game of his career. I know that was a while ago, but that's the type of talent he can be and he looks physically healthy to me.

the only role ennings should have is as insurance for rose if/when rose gets injured. he's basically a schoolyard player and he can't shoot for shyt. also, ennings can't run the triangle so baker should be running the triangle with the second unit since it seems like we will never see it run properly with melo and rose out there.

Question, do you think Steph Curry is a "schoolyard" player?

he backs up his swag with game, including being a fantastic ball sharer and perhaps the greatest shooter of all time. his ts% is likely close to 60% or higher, while ennings is not doubt below 50%.

Not what I asked you, is he a "school yard" player? Yes or no?

no.

Now you're not being honest. If Jennings game is considered "school yard," Steph's game is actually more "school yard." Just because he's a much better player and more effective than Jennings doesn't mean his style isn't "school yard" (as you call it). And for the record I don't consider either as "school yard" "street" or whatever tag you want to put on it.

i was being honest. curry and his brother were taught the game by dell curry. they play the game the right way because dell curry played the game the right way. dell was a four-year player and his lengthy nba career is testament to his skills. seth played four years of college, steph played three years of college. so while i am sure steph curry can play it straight, street, and everything in between... i can't say the same thing about ennings, who refused to go to college and ended up in china somewhere.

there's a reason why certain players cannot seem to stick with teams, and ennings is already demonstrating why.

Nobody is trying to say Jennings any where close to being as good as Steph. And what difference does it make who Steph's dad is or how long he stayed in school. If you actually saw Dell play his game doesn't resemble's Steph game in any way, shape or form other than they were/are great shooters. The comparison ends there.

I'm talking strictly style of play and all you need is your eyes, not a copy of Steph's birth certificate or his resume. If you think Jennings plays "school yard" basketball then (if you're being honest) Steph plays "school yard" basketball too. Just because you like Steph and dislike Jennings doesn't change that.

one player is fundamentally sound and the other is not. one player is redefining the game and the other is trying to find a way t stick with a team. style of play is surface stuff. if you have fundamentals underneath the surface stuff then fine. if not, then learn fundamentals and stop fronting.

Then you're basically saying he's a fundamentally sound "school yard" player. Just admit that you just can't stand Jennings because you keep coming up with these narratives that's besides the point. I am strictly talking about style of play and you keep wanting to revert back to who is the better player. Nobody is debating whether Curry is a much better player. Can't understand why you keep coming back to this.
AUTOADVERT
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
10/25/2016  7:54 AM
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

“It was either going to be Derrick or someone else. This was her way of getting out of the bind she was in. Derrick just had the most money and treated her pretty crappy, so she figured he would settle for a couple of million, which is pennies for him.”

due to his stupid behavior he missed the entire preseason with the knicks so this has hurt the knicks, who really have no room for error since they're two weeks behind everyone else and are projected to win around 40 games.

im happy we have jennings. I wanted him to start from day 1 anyway

i am not a fan of ennings. all his "swag" histrionics are basically fronting because the guy knows he isn't a very good nba player. his minutes should be appropriated by baker sooner or later.

We have no idea what kind of player Baker is going to be when the games count for real. I'm not a fan of Jennings as a starter, but I love him coming off the bench. I think he's perfect in that role right now. Huge spark plug who can get the team and the crowd going. Like John Starks, you may never know what you're going to get out of him from game to game but the dude can play.

People forget, as a rookie he pretty much lead the Bucks from 34-48 to 46-36 and playoffs while dropping 55 in the 7th game of his career. I know that was a while ago, but that's the type of talent he can be and he looks physically healthy to me.

the only role ennings should have is as insurance for rose if/when rose gets injured. he's basically a schoolyard player and he can't shoot for shyt. also, ennings can't run the triangle so baker should be running the triangle with the second unit since it seems like we will never see it run properly with melo and rose out there.

Question, do you think Steph Curry is a "schoolyard" player?

he backs up his swag with game, including being a fantastic ball sharer and perhaps the greatest shooter of all time. his ts% is likely close to 60% or higher, while ennings is not doubt below 50%.

Not what I asked you, is he a "school yard" player? Yes or no?

no.

Now you're not being honest. If Jennings game is considered "school yard," Steph's game is actually more "school yard." Just because he's a much better player and more effective than Jennings doesn't mean his style isn't "school yard" (as you call it). And for the record I don't consider either as "school yard" "street" or whatever tag you want to put on it.

i was being honest. curry and his brother were taught the game by dell curry. they play the game the right way because dell curry played the game the right way. dell was a four-year player and his lengthy nba career is testament to his skills. seth played four years of college, steph played three years of college. so while i am sure steph curry can play it straight, street, and everything in between... i can't say the same thing about ennings, who refused to go to college and ended up in china somewhere.

there's a reason why certain players cannot seem to stick with teams, and ennings is already demonstrating why.

Nobody is trying to say Jennings any where close to being as good as Steph. And what difference does it make who Steph's dad is or how long he stayed in school. If you actually saw Dell play his game doesn't resemble's Steph game in any way, shape or form other than they were/are great shooters. The comparison ends there.

I'm talking strictly style of play and all you need is your eyes, not a copy of Steph's birth certificate or his resume. If you think Jennings plays "school yard" basketball then (if you're being honest) Steph plays "school yard" basketball too. Just because you like Steph and dislike Jennings doesn't change that.

one player is fundamentally sound and the other is not. one player is redefining the game and the other is trying to find a way t stick with a team. style of play is surface stuff. if you have fundamentals underneath the surface stuff then fine. if not, then learn fundamentals and stop fronting.

Then you're basically saying he's a fundamentally sound "school yard" player. Just admit that you just can't stand Jennings because you keep coming up with these narratives that's besides the point. I am strictly talking about style of play and you keep wanting to revert back to who is the better player. Nobody is debating whether Curry is a much better player. Can't understand why you keep coming back to this.

no i actually agree with you: ennings is a fundamentally unsound schoolyard player. the nba is filled with fundamentally unsound players regardless of surface style. i was hoping the knicks would shy away from these types of players, but at least he's on a one-year contract just like rose.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/25/2016  10:56 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2016  10:58 AM
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Because defending oneself from Rape accusations is less important than meaningless pre season basketball games? Just Genius.

the stupid behavior was getting involved with this girl, and surrounding himself with stupid enablers. defending yourself against rape is a result of this stupid behavior, costing his team two weeks of important work. preseason is important when you are a new team. come on!

Again, you seem to be glossing over the fact he was defending himself of a false rape charge? Not because he was just dending himself from opinions about his private sex life. And ofcourse it was stupid behavior but not one that justifies false rape accusations to extort money. This is just as appalling as it minimizes the validity of those true victims and puts an innocent mans life in jeapordy for the mere sake of money. This was something worth fighting even if it took a whole NBA season. So comparing defending himself to missing pre season basketball is a very short sighted fanatical view.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/25/2016  11:04 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Because defending oneself from Rape accusations is less important than meaningless pre season basketball games? Just Genius.

the stupid behavior was getting involved with this girl, and surrounding himself with stupid enablers. defending yourself against rape is a result of this stupid behavior, costing his team two weeks of important work. preseason is important when you are a new team. come on!

Again, you seem to be glossing over the fact he was defending himself of a false rape charge? Not because he was just dending himself from opinions about his private sex life. And ofcourse it was stupid behavior but not one that justifies false rape accusations to extort money. This is just as appalling as it minimizes the validity of those true victims and puts an innocent mans life in jeapordy for the mere sake of money. This was something worth fighting even if it took a whole NBA season. So comparing defending himself to missing pre season basketball is a very short sighted fanatical view.

keep reading his posts and you will notice a pattern.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
dk7th
USA
10/25/2016  12:05 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

in this life it matters who your friends are, the people you get involved with, etc. etc. he needs new friends and needs to get straight with himself about his feelings towards women. imagine if he had different friends and a right relationship to women-- this would never have happened.

that's the issue here, because it affects his work and his co-workers.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/25/2016  12:26 PM
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

in this life it matters who your friends are, the people you get involved with, etc. etc. he needs new friends and needs to get straight with himself about his feelings towards women. imagine if he had different friends and a right relationship to women-- this would never have happened.

Still avoiding the whole "defending himself from fraudelent charges" thing. To put it in prospective so you can understand...are you perfect? Isort your private life irreproachable? bet your internet browser historu would disagree? And what if some money grabbing women wanted to profit from your personal habits or something you did with her because she needed the money. You would pay her a gew million and go to a pre season Knick game instead of defending yourself? Stop pretending Rose is the only single guy in the NBA sleeping around in some less traditional ways. Your just upset the narrative you tried to put on him has been ruined.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
10/25/2016  12:45 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Still avoiding the whole "defending himself from fraudelent charges" thing. To put it in prospective so you can understand...are you perfect? Isort your private life irreproachable? bet your internet browser historu would disagree? And what if some money grabbing women wanted to profit from your personal habits or something you did with her because she needed the money. You would pay her a gew million and go to a pre season Knick game instead of defending yourself? Stop pretending Rose is the only single guy in the NBA sleeping around in some less traditional ways. Your just upset the narrative you tried to put on him has been ruined.

+1

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/25/2016  12:49 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

good post

ES
Welpee
Member: #6239

10/25/2016  12:53 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I think you both have good points. I'm glad Rose chose to defend himself against false charges and received justice. However, his lifestyle contributed heavily to being in this situation where he had to defend himself. You can't really say this could've happened to anybody. It happens to people who live a certain lifestyle and associate with certain types of people. I can't remember Grant Hill ever having to go through this.
dk7th
USA
10/25/2016  1:59 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

i am speaking about him from my own experience. i surrounded myself with the wrong "friends" and also was falsely accused of something or being someone, and it took a while to get the situation settled. i have since moved on, found new friends.

that's all i am going to say on the matter.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/25/2016  2:04 PM
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

This from the savant who brought us the concept of the "jv" regular season.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/25/2016  2:11 PM
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

i am speaking about him from my own experience. i surrounded myself with the wrong "friends" and also was falsely accused of something or being someone, and it took a while to get the situation settled. i have since moved on, found new friends.

So no more meetings in TKF's basement?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/25/2016  2:23 PM
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

From my understanding, he told the friends she was a "jump off" and they saw how loose she was overall, not because of no drinks. We no absolutel nothing about his friends, so to discredit them as thugs of some sort, is narrow minded call.

Its like you have an agenda against Rose like you had with Melo.

ES
blkexec
10/25/2016  3:12 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

From my understanding, he told the friends she was a "jump off" and they saw how loose she was overall, not because of no drinks. We no absolutel nothing about his friends, so to discredit them as thugs of some sort, is narrow minded call.

Its like you have an agenda against Rose like you had with Melo.

+1

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/25/2016  3:55 PM
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I watched that Netflix documentary on your story, it was superb

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/25/2016  4:29 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

This. Also, Rose is a father, a son, an uncle, a brother etc. He knew he was innocent and it was important for him to win the case. You can't tell me if he settled that he would not have been called a rapist by some.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
blkexec
10/25/2016  6:20 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

This. Also, Rose is a father, a son, an uncle, a brother etc. He knew he was innocent and it was important for him to win the case. You can't tell me if he settled that he would not have been called a rapist by some.

That was my point from the first page of this thread. He put his family and reputation first....I see nothing wrong with that. This basketball stuff is shortterm.....living in his own skin is longterm. Always put yourself in the other persons shoes....and understand the world doesn't revolve around the fans perspective. His life is under a microscope.....ours is not. That doesn't make him a bad person. Forgive.....forget......move on.

dk7th
USA
10/25/2016  7:32 PM
blkexec wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That was my point from the first page of this thread. He put his family and reputation first....I see nothing wrong with that. This basketball stuff is shortterm.....living in his own skin is longterm. Always put yourself in the other persons shoes....and understand the world doesn't revolve around the fans perspective. His life is under a microscope.....ours is not. That doesn't make him a bad person. Forgive.....forget......move on.

forgive and forget is one thing, live and learn another.

Rose was getting Extorted

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy