[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Players that have been waived so far
Author Thread
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

10/25/2016  11:07 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2016  2:21 PM
fishmike wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:I like the roster as it. If there is a clear difference then make the move. If not, hold on to what we got.

I hope Randle plays on the Westchester team.

agree... there is nothing out there worth cutting a guy who has worked to earn this spot. Now is the time to let them play and see what we have.

Good post, Go. I agree as well. If anything, I really like Spencer Dinwiddie and Yogi Ferrell the most of anyone available (have to see how the year plays out but I still think the chances are low that both Rose and Jennings return next year--Dinwiddie/Ferrell would be great understudies/building blocks to have and develop in the DL with a good chance to make next year's club/great insurance in case either Rose, Jennings or both don't return) but there are issues with the idea: (1) Dinwiddie's already done the DL thing and may now look to make some real money in Europe (I wouldn't blame him--how long should he be expected to wait for an opportunity? Chicago's crazy to cut him imo--they're at 14 now. I mean cut him if a no brainer comes along but why cut him to stay at 14? Is the little bit of guaranteed money they'd have to give him that big of a deal?? We gave guaranteed money to Plumlee and N'Dour. We gave Amundson guaranteed money and cut him, not to mention Dinwiddie's 10x the talent Lou Amundson is.. Bad look on their part imo. Very cheap...And on that talent alone, he shouldn't have been cut anyway. A good part of me thinks Dinwiddie's > Jerian Grant). Ferrell may opt for the DL though--I could see him excelling there kinda like Patty Mills/Bryce Cotton did--never really earned Cotton an NBA gig somewhere like he deserved though; (2) we're finalized now and I agree--I like the roster as is too. I don't see an easy cut now to make room for a waived player (again though, I'm in the minority on this but I would cut Sasha in a heartbeat for either guy but it's not gonna happen. He's Phil's guy and to his credit, he's played well this preseason, so that's that).

Not convinced Archie Goodwin is any better than Justin Holiday btw. He's a few years younger but Holiday's still fairly young and might have more overall talent. Holiday's intriguing -- I wanna see him established as part of this rotation starting game 1 tonight.

Also not convinced Mitch McGary is any better than Plumlee/Hernangomez. We've already got this type of player covered with those two I'm thinking.

AUTOADVERT
Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

10/25/2016  4:18 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Nalod wrote:Shasha is our Beno.
Baker is our Big PG.
Randle is our little PG dude.
Plum is our big white "Hansbrough" type.
N'Dour is our underskilled athletic type.
We have enough yoots for now.

Other guys always look better than what we have.

That would be nice if Baker develops as a 6-4 PG. Hes got the potential--cant finish but maybe something like an older version of Dennis jOhnson not the young one.

Dennis Johnson were a NBA superstar, plus won the MVP for the Sonics championship season.
Baker needs a full season in the D.League to develop a few more moves, plus work on passing skills without telegraphing his passes

Beno were the right backup PG for us in 2013-14 season, our puppet head-coach let Felton/JR/and Melo lead n run the point to give us a 21-40 record season. It were Shump/Prigioni/and Felton running the point that gave us a 37-45 ending season record

Players that have been waived so far

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy