[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Final Preseason Gamethread- Nets 10/20
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/21/2016  11:48 AM
I am not really worried about guys getting "cut." If Plumlee and NDour go to the Dleague they will be the first guys called up. Nothing wrong with using Westchester to develop these guys. Same with Baker. I am sure Baker sticks because Randle is out for a few weeks, but if Randle wasn't hurt I think he would be up and Baker would be the starter at Westchester which is fine. I recall Langston playing very well in both the SL and preseason and I think the Knicks handled his development very well.

I don't really care who goes or stays... they have assembled a good cast and let the chips fall where they may. I liked Sasha as a pure spot starter reserve guy but he's earned regular rotation minutes with his play and shooting. Based on his play he may have even beaten out Jennings for first guard off bench as Sasha can play some 1,2 or 3. I also wanted to see Willy win the rotation spot but KOQ has played great, there are no buts about it, he's earned any mins the staff gives him. Nothing handed there. Good job for KOQ.

My 2 disappointments have been Lance and the lack of DadMelo

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/21/2016  12:04 PM
fishmike wrote:I am not really worried about guys getting "cut." If Plumlee and NDour go to the Dleague they will be the first guys called up. Nothing wrong with using Westchester to develop these guys. Same with Baker. I am sure Baker sticks because Randle is out for a few weeks, but if Randle wasn't hurt I think he would be up and Baker would be the starter at Westchester which is fine. I recall Langston playing very well in both the SL and preseason and I think the Knicks handled his development very well.

I don't really care who goes or stays... they have assembled a good cast and let the chips fall where they may. I liked Sasha as a pure spot starter reserve guy but he's earned regular rotation minutes with his play and shooting. Based on his play he may have even beaten out Jennings for first guard off bench as Sasha can play some 1,2 or 3. I also wanted to see Willy win the rotation spot but KOQ has played great, there are no buts about it, he's earned any mins the staff gives him. Nothing handed there. Good job for KOQ.

Same. I wasn't watching Lance enough and wasn't completely locked into watching last night game, but Melo was a ballstopper and I didn't like the first unit at all (could be that Sasha really doesn't provide penetration with ball in hands). Not enough ball and player movement, not enough cuts, just didn't look cohesive as the second unit has at times.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
USA
10/21/2016  12:18 PM
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:I am not really worried about guys getting "cut." If Plumlee and NDour go to the Dleague they will be the first guys called up. Nothing wrong with using Westchester to develop these guys. Same with Baker. I am sure Baker sticks because Randle is out for a few weeks, but if Randle wasn't hurt I think he would be up and Baker would be the starter at Westchester which is fine. I recall Langston playing very well in both the SL and preseason and I think the Knicks handled his development very well.

Same. I wasn't watching Lance enough and wasn't completely locked into watching last night game, but Melo was a ballstopper and I didn't like the first unit at all (could be that Sasha really doesn't provide penetration with ball in hands). Not enough ball and player movement, not enough cuts, just didn't look cohesive as the second unit has at times.

100%... how Rose impacts Melo and the ball stopping I have seen remains to be seen. I don't mind Melo taking a lot of shots. Just don't hold the ball. Be aggressive and attack it or shoot it. I cant stand the 5 second plus holds. Too many negatives. Lance has been dreadful which is not what you want to see after a guy just signed a deal. However both of those negatives could be preseason stuff.. overall my view is very positive. If the poor shooting from Thomas/Jennings continues and Melo is a ball stopper I will start calling red flags. Preseason is preseason.
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

10/21/2016  4:23 PM
I agree for the most part on Lance and DadMelo but vet's use the press on differentially than most. Also I did think Dad Melo showed up in the 3rd when he was trying to force feed KP to get him going. If he didn't shoot those last two terrible shots in the third I would have liked his entire 3rd qtr even the two arrant pocket passes was okay.
fishmike
USA
10/21/2016  9:11 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:I agree for the most part on Lance and DadMelo but vet's use the press on differentially than most. Also I did think Dad Melo showed up in the 3rd when he was trying to force feed KP to get him going. If he didn't shoot those last two terrible shots in the third I would have liked his entire 3rd qtr even the two arrant pocket passes was okay.
100% agree which is why I am not too sensitive about it. Lets talk about that after 5 games. If Lance is bricking and Melo is holding we have some warts. Fixable, but not the direction you want to see either player go.
Final Preseason Gamethread- Nets 10/20

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy