[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Noah Anti-War disses West Point Cadets.....
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/3/2016  11:01 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Let me write this basic answer

If it wasn't for millions of American soldiers who died. As in gave their live in the cause of providing a country full of freedoms, there would be no J Noah's available yo be direspectful . But hey fck them they're dead and were here. So all of these young kids who give their lives to train and maybe their own life to protect Noah and his kids. Yeah let's get rid of the military and the flag. Let's listen to quiet riot in schools and fck we don't need the police either. We can self police ourselves

That applies to some of our country's wars. Much of the time now our military is a Department of Offense (as Jill Stein put it), not Defense.
AUTOADVERT
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

10/3/2016  11:03 AM

If it wasn't for millions of American soldiers who died. As in gave their live in the cause of providing a country full of freedoms, there would be no J Noah's available yo be direspectful . But hey fck them they're dead and were here. So all of these young kids who give their lives to train and maybe their own life to protect Noah and his kids. Yeah let's get rid of the military and the flag. Let's listen to quiet riot in schools and fck we don't need the police either. We can self police ourselves

I think Noah acknowledges that. I think he's also cognizant of the fact that most of the wars we've fought in recently have been bull****. If you care so deeply about these "kids" don't send them to fight in wars for private interests. Hell, if you love them so much, try giving a damn about them before they're compelled to join the military to provide for themselves and a family.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/3/2016  11:04 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:

That applies to some of our country's wars. Much of the time now our military is a Department of Offense (as Jill Stein put it), not Defense.

Call it whatever you want Bonn if it wasn't here you wouldn't be here

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
10/3/2016  11:06 AM
NardDogNation wrote:

I think Noah acknowledges that. I think he's also cognizant of the fact that most of the wars we've fought in recently have been bull****. If you care so deeply about these "kids" don't send them to fight in wars for private interests. Hell, if you love them so much, try giving a damn about them before they're compelled to join the military to provide for themselves and a family.

If we didn't send soldiers elsewhere we'd have many many more 9-11s here

RIP Crushalot😞
NardDogNation

10/3/2016  11:06 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Costa Rica, Iceland and Panama seem to be doing alright.

NardDogNation

10/3/2016  11:09 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Why? 9-11 was a byproduct of our interventionalism in that region of the world. You don't buy the nonsense about it happening because "they hate our freedom", do you?

Bonn1997
USA
10/3/2016  11:09 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Same thing with doctors, police, etc. As a nation, we're all interdependent. Do I have to go to dinners for everyone?
BRIGGS
10/3/2016  11:10 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

If it wasn't for the is military they likely would not exist either. The is military is THE force that's keeps peace and order. Believe me if there was no us military things would be way different

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
10/3/2016  11:13 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Same thing with doctors, police, etc. As a nation, we're all interdependent. Do I have to go to dinners for everyone?

If you are a public figure who makes incredible earnings you should be first in line to do the minimum to support the countries military. I'm not sure Noah would be as happy in a concentration camp somewhere

RIP Crushalot😞
NardDogNation

10/3/2016  11:13 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

If it wasn't for the is military they likely would not exist either. The is military is THE force that's keeps peace and order. Believe me if there was no us military things would be way different

Conflict would simply manifest itself in a different manner. So instead of national militaries vying for power, you have several guerilla type forces doing so on a micro-scale all across the world.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/3/2016  11:15 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Time for those that want our enlisted men and women to fight in one war after another, to honor the troops by taking their place on the battlefield, or send your kids instead.

NardDogNation

10/3/2016  11:15 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Time for those that want our enlisted men and women to fight in one war after another, to honor the troops by taking their place on the battlefield, or send your kids instead.

Amen.

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
10/3/2016  11:19 AM

the way out is for legislation to be passed to bring about two years of mandatory military service for a *defensive* purposes only, with citizens between the ages of 18 and 26 guarding and protecting our borders and ports.

this is not the same thing as a draft or conscription into an *offensive* army fighting wars overseas, but it will benefit the country and those that contribute in this manner, with college scholarships.

someone like joakim noah would have the choice of not serving because if his multiple passports, but then he would likely have to leave the country to find work were he between the age of 18 and 26.

you don't have to be a patriot to serve the country in this manner, but you do have to be a responsible citizen.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/3/2016  11:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/3/2016  11:27 AM
Briggs,

History teaches us War's are usually about money and usually those who gave were on the lower socio economic scale.
Trump is easy to insist we need to win and pound respect abroad.
"boots on the ground" means sending ones son to battle. For trump, its could be at his whim.

So imagine where Iran disrespects "America" and your daughter is sent into battle over an altercation because the american president ordered it.
And he can.

So when you kiss your daughter and wish her a good nite, think about under what military conflict you would accept sacrificing her?
Because a narcissist was offended? You and your daughter have the same rights as any other US citizen despite your financial success.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-iran-war-threat_us_57d36449e4b06a74c9f4e9c9

Perhaps having military is a necessity but that does not mean was have to abuse it. Honor and sacrifice in the face of tyranny is a noble act. History has taught us most wars are avoidable.
Why not embrace that we should respect life by not having war.
I can empathize with Noah's view that he is uncomfortable with the institution and culture of our military Culture.
Im not in the camp of "No military", but our "leaders" don't have enough skin in the game.
Trump flaunted his deferments and has has been very disrespectful to our veterans.
Im ok with his rights to not participate, its his choice, but this is the guy your voting for?
Many veterans are ok with those exercising americans right to free speech. Its why they fight.
Mandating Patriotism is a very nasty subject.

DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

10/3/2016  11:22 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

If you are a public figure who makes incredible earnings you should be first in line to do the minimum to support the countries military. I'm not sure Noah would be as happy in a concentration camp somewhere

This is out of order BRIGGS. People supporting their military were responsible for concentration camps in the first place. What a ****ty dramatic escalation of where grown men decide to eat dinner.

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
Bonn1997
USA
10/3/2016  11:27 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/3/2016  11:27 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

And thousands of soldiers would still be alive if we hadn't sent our soldiers to Iraq and *hundreds of thousands* of Iraqi civilians would be. This idea that our "Defense" Department is wholly good and needs be glorified is out of touch with its actual impact on human beings throughout the world.
BRIGGS
10/3/2016  11:35 AM
DrAlphaeus wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

This is out of order BRIGGS. People supporting their military were responsible for concentration camps in the first place. What a ****ty dramatic escalation of where grown men decide to eat dinner.

Wow are you guys naive. Without the military you would not have the life you do. Case closed

RIP Crushalot😞
DrAlphaeus

10/3/2016  11:41 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Wow are you guys naive. Without the military you would not have the life you do. Case closed

But you brought up concentration camps: something invented and executed by militaries. I'll cop to being naive if you admit to having no sense of perspective.

Godwin's Law by page 2 because someone turned down a dinner invitation. Congrats BRIGGS.

DrAlphaeus

10/3/2016  11:45 AM
Nalod wrote:Briggs,

History teaches us War's are usually about money and usually those who gave were on the lower socio economic scale.
Trump is easy to insist we need to win and pound respect abroad.
"boots on the ground" means sending ones son to battle. For trump, its could be at his whim.

So imagine where Iran disrespects "America" and your daughter is sent into battle over an altercation because the american president ordered it.
And he can.

So when you kiss your daughter and wish her a good nite, think about under what military conflict you would accept sacrificing her?
Because a narcissist was offended? You and your daughter have the same rights as any other US citizen despite your financial success.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-iran-war-threat_us_57d36449e4b06a74c9f4e9c9

Perhaps having military is a necessity but that does not mean was have to abuse it. Honor and sacrifice in the face of tyranny is a noble act. History has taught us most wars are avoidable.
Why not embrace that we should respect life by not having war.
I can empathize with Noah's view that he is uncomfortable with the institution and culture of our military Culture.
Im not in the camp of "No military", but our "leaders" don't have enough skin in the game.
Trump flaunted his deferments and has has been very disrespectful to our veterans.
Im ok with his rights to not participate, its his choice, but this is the guy your voting for?
Many veterans are ok with those exercising americans right to free speech. Its why they fight.
Mandating Patriotism is a very nasty subject.

Your thoughts here: +1
Your crappy BRIGGS-baiting thread title: -100

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/3/2016  11:51 AM

when was the time the US was involved in a military conflict that was fought to protect those values you mention? Korea? Vietnam? Desert Storm? Afghanistan? How critical was the loss of life in those wars to maintain our values and way of life? Your basic answer sucks... doesn't allow for much in the way of another view point. Briggs have you or your children served?

Noah was pretty classy in all his statement and in no way disrespectful.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Noah Anti-War disses West Point Cadets.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy