StarksEwing1 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
callmened wrote:not the biggest deal in the world. most professional basketball players can hit threes when theyre walking around, warmups or drills. its all muscle memory. even i can hit 10-15 in a row with no pressure. lol. but sure thats cool to watch

rose is a still a good player even though he simply isnt a good outside shooter. he will help the team no doubt about it...my hope is that he stays healthy!!

I'm just saying that it's VERY possible to improve your accuracy shooting. Heck I'm still getting better at over 50 years old cuz I work on it. I fully expect that Rose will be better. IF you focus on something seriously enough you should be able to make some degree of improvement and all we're talking about is perhaps a little over 1 made out of 3 attempts a game from 3.

Lets hope. I believe he or his trainer said that he worked really hard on improving his shot.

lots of guys try desperately to improve their efficiency of their shot but its obviously not that easy. I would assume that they all try but sometimes it just does not work and/or not transfer to in game situations.

I wonder if stats show that players shooting efficiency improves with age.

Don't know about age. This is what I do know. Rose is going to get WIDE OPEN 3pt shots and he is capable of knocking those down. Rose was getting better as the season progressed. I think Rose taking more 3's in games should help him.

Jan.
3 Point Field Goals
Closest Defender GP G Freq 3PM 3PA 3P%
0-2 Feet - Very Tight 13 13 0.0% 0.0 0.0 -
2-4 Feet - Tight 13 13 1.0% 0.0 0.1 0.0
4-6 Feet - Open 13 11 7.4% 0.3 1.1 26.7
6+ Feet - Wide Open 13 6 3.4% 0.2 0.5 42.9

Feb.
3 Point Field Goals
0-2 Feet - Very Tight 8 8 0.6% 0.0 0.1 0.0
2-4 Feet - Tight 8 8 1.9% 0.1 0.4 33.3
4-6 Feet - Open 8 8 8.4% 0.5 1.6 30.8
6+ Feet - Wide Open 8 4 1.3% 0.1 0.3 50.0

Mar.
3 Point Field Goals
0-2 Feet - Very Tight 15 13 0.0% 0.0 0.0 -
2-4 Feet - Tight 15 14 2.6% 0.1 0.4 33.3
4-6 Feet - Open 15 14 10.9% 0.6 1.7 36.0
6+ Feet - Wide Open 15 6 2.6% 0.3 0.4 66.7

getting hot for a short spurt is too small of a sample size. I would refer to his career numbers for a more accurate gauge. Taking more threes in games won't help his efficiency if he stays anywhere his career numbers, it would only hurt the team more.

If you think that Rose will be much more open on this team than he was ever before and therefore that can help his efficiency, thats certainly possible.

I just wanted to point out that it is possible for Rose to improve his shooting as he did last year during the season. It's also my contention that we can't know that Rose has been fully focused on his 3pt shooting the last 3 years when he was mostly rehabbing each summer. Don't assume that those recent years are going to be dispositive evidence of what he's fully capable of. Perhaps this summer he truly focused on it in addition to being healthier.

anything is possible though based on his career, it is improbable. And yes, we have no idea what Rose focused on in other years therefore it still remains improbable based on the evidence that we know for certain. His stats.

agreed. At this point especially with all the injuries he is what he is

OK you guys keep up this line but if Rose couldn't shoot at all it's not likely he would've shown steady improvement last year as he got healthier. He wouldn't be the only player to ever improve his shooting with more work and focus on it. Also keep acting like you don't know the negative impact that having the injuries he had might mess up his performance. You know damned well that if you have surgery on your f'n legs that it can impact your shooting and it doesn't have to mean that you just can't shoot. But that's fine let's play your game and assume that due to the previous few seasons Rose most probably will suck this season. You guys stick with that and we'll just see how things go this year. The bias you guys have against Rose is silly.
there is no bias against rose. We are just being realistic. You are a very very optimistic guy and i think thats great.
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
9/28/2016  12:18 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
callmened wrote:not the biggest deal in the world. most professional basketball players can hit threes when theyre walking around, warmups or drills. its all muscle memory. even i can hit 10-15 in a row with no pressure. lol. but sure thats cool to watch

rose is a still a good player even though he simply isnt a good outside shooter. he will help the team no doubt about it...my hope is that he stays healthy!!

I'm just saying that it's VERY possible to improve your accuracy shooting. Heck I'm still getting better at over 50 years old cuz I work on it. I fully expect that Rose will be better. IF you focus on something seriously enough you should be able to make some degree of improvement and all we're talking about is perhaps a little over 1 made out of 3 attempts a game from 3.

Lets hope. I believe he or his trainer said that he worked really hard on improving his shot.

lots of guys try desperately to improve their efficiency of their shot but its obviously not that easy. I would assume that they all try but sometimes it just does not work and/or not transfer to in game situations.

Don't know about age. This is what I do know. Rose is going to get WIDE OPEN 3pt shots and he is capable of knocking those down. Rose was getting better as the season progressed. I think Rose taking more 3's in games should help him.

Jan.
3 Point Field Goals

Feb.
3 Point Field Goals

Mar.
3 Point Field Goals

getting hot for a short spurt is too small of a sample size. I would refer to his career numbers for a more accurate gauge. Taking more threes in games won't help his efficiency if he stays anywhere his career numbers, it would only hurt the team more.

If you think that Rose will be much more open on this team than he was ever before and therefore that can help his efficiency, thats certainly possible.

I just wanted to point out that it is possible for Rose to improve his shooting as he did last year during the season. It's also my contention that we can't know that Rose has been fully focused on his 3pt shooting the last 3 years when he was mostly rehabbing each summer. Don't assume that those recent years are going to be dispositive evidence of what he's fully capable of. Perhaps this summer he truly focused on it in addition to being healthier.

anything is possible though based on his career, it is improbable. And yes, we have no idea what Rose focused on in other years therefore it still remains improbable based on the evidence that we know for certain. His stats.

OK you guys keep up this line but if Rose couldn't shoot at all it's not likely he would've shown steady improvement last year as he got healthier. He wouldn't be the only player to ever improve his shooting with more work and focus on it. Also keep acting like you don't know the negative impact that having the injuries he had might mess up his performance. You know damned well that if you have surgery on your f'n legs that it can impact your shooting and it doesn't have to mean that you just can't shoot. But that's fine let's play your game and assume that due to the previous few seasons Rose most probably will suck this season. You guys stick with that and we'll just see how things go this year. The bias you guys have against Rose is silly.
there is no bias against rose. We are just being realistic. You are a very very optimistic guy and i think thats great.

There most certainly is a bias and it's not about me being optimistic. I'm looking at the way Rose started to play last year after he recovered more of his conditioning and skills after the Surgery. He had a very long and full summer of training and for the 1st time in years he wasn't rehabbing from a knee surgery so he could more seriously work on his game. So you guys can keep on dissing him and his talent but i'm not taking a funky attitude towards Rose just cuz I may not like him. I'm simply looking at what he legitimately has a chance to do here this season. Hopefully he is successful shooting from 3 in addition to what he can already do well.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

9/28/2016  12:27 AM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Jan.
3 Point Field Goals

Feb.
3 Point Field Goals

Mar.
3 Point Field Goals

There most certainly is a bias and it's not about me being optimistic. I'm looking at the way Rose started to play last year after he recovered more of his conditioning and skills after the Surgery. He had a very long and full summer of training and for the 1st time in years he wasn't rehabbing from a knee surgery so he could more seriously work on his game. So you guys can keep on dissing him and his talent but i'm not taking a funky attitude towards Rose just cuz I may not like him. I'm simply looking at what he legitimately has a chance to do here this season. Hopefully he is successful shooting from 3 in addition to what he can already do well.

how am i dissing him? Now you are just being silly again. Ive always been a diehard knick fan who is brutally honest i dont sugarcoat anything. Ive said a thousand times rose is a upgrade but ive also pointed out his flaws and injury concerns. For some reason you interpret that as hate which is insane.
nixluva
USA
9/28/2016  12:40 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Jan.
3 Point Field Goals

Feb.
3 Point Field Goals

Mar.
3 Point Field Goals

how am i dissing him? Now you are just being silly again. Ive always been a diehard knick fan who is brutally honest i dont sugarcoat anything. Ive said a thousand times rose is a upgrade but ive also pointed out his flaws and injury concerns. For some reason you interpret that as hate which is insane.

Just remember that you are the one who went chiming in with "not a huge fan of rose. Always wanted jennings here though." and "agreed. At this point especially with all the injuries he is what he is" I was simply pointing out that Rose has a shot to improve his jump shooting as it appeared he was starting to do last season. The idea that he's not capable of playing better is nonsense.
earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
9/28/2016  2:24 AM
I forgot the cat is only 27 years old. With all the time he's missed, he should be really ready to go all out this year. Wear and tear earlier in his career and those surgeries, but overall he should be pretty fresh. I'm expecting BIG things from Rose.

Our big 3 are going to have so many opportunities and Melo is playing much smarter, KP naturally plays a team game... throw in some great complimentary + pieces, we really might be something special.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

9/28/2016  4:43 AM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Jan.
3 Point Field Goals

Feb.
3 Point Field Goals

Mar.
3 Point Field Goals

there is no bias in projecting his 3 point shooting based on career stats and trends. Its bias forcing yourself to believe something WILL happen that is less likely do to his history. You are mixing probable and possible and you seem to constantly missing its distinction.

And yes, your fukking legs can affect your shot and no, he would not be the ONLY player to improve his shot if he does though that has nothing at all to do with probabilities driven by empirical data.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
mreinman

9/28/2016  4:47 AM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Jan.
3 Point Field Goals

Feb.
3 Point Field Goals

Mar.
3 Point Field Goals

he has a chance to score 60 points a game. Of course that would not be probable. Possible, yes.

dissing him? Cause we set expectations based on his history? Ok flip the whole thing around and see if you can the issue with what your are doing and how you are bias projecting.

mreinman

9/28/2016  4:51 AM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Jan.
3 Point Field Goals

Feb.
3 Point Field Goals

Mar.
3 Point Field Goals

Just remember that you are the one who went chiming in with "not a huge fan of rose. Always wanted jennings here though." and "agreed. At this point especially with all the injuries he is what he is" I was simply pointing out that Rose has a shot to improve his jump shooting as it appeared he was starting to do last season. The idea that he's not capable of playing better is nonsense.

yes "he has a shot to improve", and yes "it is possible that he will", and "not capable of playing better"? See what you did there?

ITS JUST NOT PROBABLE! PROBABLE! PROBABLE!

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
9/28/2016  5:54 AM
Roses first 2 yrs in the league he shot at 22 and 26% from 3 at .8 and .9 attempts per game. His third yr he shot 33% at 4.8 attempts per game. Fourth yr 31% at 4.4 attempts per game which he got injured and played only 39 games. Then shot 34% at 4.7 attempts in 10 games before getting injured again. Then shot 28 and 29% after coming back from injury the last 2 yrs at 5.3 and 2.3 attempts per game.

Looks like he was starting to improve until the injuries derailed him. So we will have to see if he can stay healthy and get back on on track with that.

Jason Kidd improved his shooting drastically throughout his career. Rajon Rondo though I don't believe will ever be a good shooter. Then again he has averaged career highs at 35 and 36% from 3 over the last 2 yrs.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/28/2016  8:31 AM
Im more concerned with Rose's dribble drive. His ability to get to the rim, and either finish, or kick the ball to an open man. We have some 3 pt shooters on this team, we havent had a PG in eons who could get to the rim with any kind of consistency.
mreinman

9/28/2016  8:34 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Im more concerned with Rose's dribble drive. His ability to get to the rim, and either finish, or kick the ball to an open man. We have some 3 pt shooters on this team, we havent had a PG in eons who could get to the rim with any kind of consistency.

Interestingly, Grant was excellent at getting to the rim though I am not going claim to have been a fan of his.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/28/2016  8:42 AM
mreinman wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Im more concerned with Rose's dribble drive. His ability to get to the rim, and either finish, or kick the ball to an open man. We have some 3 pt shooters on this team, we havent had a PG in eons who could get to the rim with any kind of consistency.

Interestingly, Grant was excellent at getting to the rim though I am not going claim to have been a fan of his.

Grant could get to the rim, but too often he didnt know what to do when he got there. Did not want him traded, but Im not going to gloss over his flaws either. Grant might turn out to be something special, but at least we should be getting a more reliable finisher with Rose, if he is as healthy as they say he is.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
9/28/2016  9:25 AM

I agree not a big deal to see practice threes. I was able to knock down threes at a high rate in practice. Game action is what really matters.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
9/28/2016  9:28 AM
One thing... Rose is clearly and vocally letting everyone know that his job is to get people shots, that its Melo's team and that is #1 role is NOT to be a bigtime scorer, but more a true PG.

Has Rose ever said those types of things to start a season?

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nixluva
USA
9/28/2016  9:54 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:Roses first 2 yrs in the league he shot at 22 and 26% from 3 at .8 and .9 attempts per game. His third yr he shot 33% at 4.8 attempts per game. Fourth yr 31% at 4.4 attempts per game which he got injured and played only 39 games. Then shot 34% at 4.7 attempts in 10 games before getting injured again. Then shot 28 and 29% after coming back from injury the last 2 yrs at 5.3 and 2.3 attempts per game.

Looks like he was starting to improve until the injuries derailed him. So we will have to see if he can stay healthy and get back on on track with that.

Jason Kidd improved his shooting drastically throughout his career. Rajon Rondo though I don't believe will ever be a good shooter. Then again he has averaged career highs at 35 and 36% from 3 over the last 2 yrs.

Thanks. That's all i've been trying to say. Guys that just don't like Rose are only focusing on how he looked coming back from Surgeries, but there are other indications that he can improve as you've shown and I attempted to show. It's not unheard of for a guard to improve his shooting.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
9/28/2016  10:36 AM
nixluva wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Roses first 2 yrs in the league he shot at 22 and 26% from 3 at .8 and .9 attempts per game. His third yr he shot 33% at 4.8 attempts per game. Fourth yr 31% at 4.4 attempts per game which he got injured and played only 39 games. Then shot 34% at 4.7 attempts in 10 games before getting injured again. Then shot 28 and 29% after coming back from injury the last 2 yrs at 5.3 and 2.3 attempts per game.

Thanks. That's all i've been trying to say. Guys that just don't like Rose are only focusing on how he looked coming back from Surgeries, but there are other indications that he can improve as you've shown and I attempted to show. It's not unheard of for a guard to improve his shooting.

Its still a question mark if he will be a good enough 3 point shooter. He may always have problems with injuries and his shooting. Let's hope of the best.

I agree with Gustava though. What's we want to see out of Rose is his ability to beat his man off the fribble and oenitrate. I would prefer for Melo to be in more catch and shoot situations then Iso and kick out to Rose for catch and shoot. I think JH would favor that as well.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
nixluva
USA
9/28/2016  10:42 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Its still a question mark if he will be a good enough 3 point shooter. He may always have problems with injuries and his shooting. Let's hope of the best.

I agree with Gustava though. What's we want to see out of Rose is his ability to beat his man off the fribble and oenitrate. I would prefer for Melo to be in more catch and shoot situations then Iso and kick out to Rose for catch and shoot. I think JH would favor that as well.

I think Horny would love to see more Olympic Melo this year.

mreinman

9/28/2016  11:10 AM
nixluva wrote:

of course he can improve and of course its not unheard of. Liking him has nothing to do with projecting his output based on previous years of data.

mreinman

9/28/2016  11:13 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I agree that JH will constantly drive the team to eliminating inefficient shots and to have each player put in the best position to be efficient. Will they listen? I hope that they will but time will tell.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

9/28/2016  11:22 AM
fishmike wrote:One thing... Rose is clearly and vocally letting everyone know that his job is to get people shots, that its Melo's team and that is #1 role is NOT to be a bigtime scorer, but more a true PG.

Has Rose ever said those types of things to start a season?

Agreed. Another thing to be excited about is that it's the first time in several years that he has been healthy in the off season. He is coming into camp in the best shape in quite some time.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Article: Derrick Rose Doesn’t Miss Threes In Training Camp

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy