[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Article: Derrick Rose Doesn’t Miss Threes In Training Camp
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
9/27/2016  4:55 PM
While it's super early to get too excited I must say that this is the kind of thing I was pointing to with how Rose finished the season last year. His 3pt shot may have started to come around and with a summer full of work he just might be able to improve his 3pt shooting. To make teams pay we need our guards to be able to hit the 3pt shot. This of course goes for Jennings, Lee, Sasha and Holiday too.

Derrick Rose Doesn’t Miss Threes In Training Camp
By Kristian Winfield - 09/27/2016

TARRYTOWN, N.Y. — Derrick Rose sank three-pointer after three-pointer during the first day of New York Knicks training camp on Tuesday. He acknowledged that he’ll have to be a better perimeter shooter if the Knicks are going to be successful.

“I mean, that’s gonna be part of my job next year,” Rose said. “Where you got [Carmelo Anthony] and [Kristaps Porzingis] who can have the ball in an isolation type of situation. The rest of the people’s job is when they have the ball, be able to knock down the shot when it’s swung to you.

“So me, standing in the gym shooting these shots, I’m thinking about all the things that’s gonna happen in the game, where Melo is gonna have a double team, and it’s gonna be a swing, swing, and I gotta make ’em pay.”

The 27-year-old Rose, whom the Knicks acquired from the Chicago Bulls through an off-season, five-player trade, is a career .302 percent three-point shooter, but says the triple is something he’s been working on.

Last season, he was rarely left wide open on the perimeter, but drilled threes at a .429 percent clip when he was. Rose has maintained that he wants to make life easier for Anthony, and knocking down perimeter jumpers will help lessen the burden.

“It’s gotta pay off, man. I put a lot of work into my craft,” he said. “It’s not a timetable on it. All I know is my confidence is still high, and I’m putting all the work in that’s necessary.”

Last season, New York ranked eleventh-worst in three-point percentage (.346 percent). The Knicks also added Courtney Lee and Brandon Jennings for a perimeter punch and re-signed their most efficient three-point shooter, Lance Thomas.

http://elitesportsny.com/2016/09/27/derrick-rose-doesnt-miss-threes-78802/
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
9/27/2016  6:10 PM
I love this quote from Rose, about himself and Noah...talking about melo

“We’re coming in here, we’re battle tested,” Rose said. “Our job is to make his job as easy as possible. That means if it’s sacrificing, we’re sacrificing. Whatever he wants us to do we’re going to do it, bro. We don’t want no problems. We just want to win.”

I’m not coming in with any ego problem and I’m not coming in chasing no stats or anything like that,” Rose said. “I don’t care about my stats. I don’t look at them after games. My job is as long as we win, I can sleep easy at night. That’s the only thing I worry about.”

Music to my ears, these are quotes I used hear Nash say in training camp

ES
nixluva
USA
9/27/2016  6:25 PM
knicks1248 wrote:I love this quote from Rose, about himself and Noah...talking about melo

“We’re coming in here, we’re battle tested,” Rose said. “Our job is to make his job as easy as possible. That means if it’s sacrificing, we’re sacrificing. Whatever he wants us to do we’re going to do it, bro. We don’t want no problems. We just want to win.”

I’m not coming in with any ego problem and I’m not coming in chasing no stats or anything like that,” Rose said. “I don’t care about my stats. I don’t look at them after games. My job is as long as we win, I can sleep easy at night. That’s the only thing I worry about.”

Music to my ears, these are quotes I used hear Nash say in training camp

Yeah that's good stuff. The fact that we have so many vets at the top of the rotation can really help the process to take hold faster. Sacrificing and just looking to win. That example will also help the young players to understand the proper approach to the game.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/27/2016  7:32 PM
Great stuff. Thanks for posting it.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
callmened
Member: #4234

9/27/2016  8:49 PM
not the biggest deal in the world. most professional basketball players can hit threes when theyre walking around, warmups or drills. its all muscle memory. even i can hit 10-15 in a row with no pressure. lol. but sure thats cool to watch

rose is a still a good player even though he simply isnt a good outside shooter. he will help the team no doubt about it...my hope is that he stays healthy!!

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
nixluva
USA
9/27/2016  8:59 PM
callmened wrote:not the biggest deal in the world. most professional basketball players can hit threes when theyre walking around, warmups or drills. its all muscle memory. even i can hit 10-15 in a row with no pressure. lol. but sure thats cool to watch

rose is a still a good player even though he simply isnt a good outside shooter. he will help the team no doubt about it...my hope is that he stays healthy!!

I'm just saying that it's VERY possible to improve your accuracy shooting. Heck I'm still getting better at over 50 years old cuz I work on it. I fully expect that Rose will be better. IF you focus on something seriously enough you should be able to make some degree of improvement and all we're talking about is perhaps a little over 1 made out of 3 attempts a game from 3.

CrushAlot
USA
9/27/2016  9:03 PM
nixluva wrote:
callmened wrote:not the biggest deal in the world. most professional basketball players can hit threes when theyre walking around, warmups or drills. its all muscle memory. even i can hit 10-15 in a row with no pressure. lol. but sure thats cool to watch

I'm just saying that it's VERY possible to improve your accuracy shooting. Heck I'm still getting better at over 50 years old cuz I work on it. I fully expect that Rose will be better. IF you focus on something seriously enough you should be able to make some degree of improvement and all we're talking about is perhaps a little over 1 made out of 3 attempts a game from 3.

Lets hope. I believe he or his trainer said that he worked really hard on improving his shot.
mreinman
Member: #3189

9/27/2016  9:21 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Lets hope. I believe he or his trainer said that he worked really hard on improving his shot.

lots of guys try desperately to improve their efficiency of their shot but its obviously not that easy. I would assume that they all try but sometimes it just does not work and/or not transfer to in game situations.

I wonder if stats show that players shooting efficiency improves with age.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
CrushAlot
USA
9/27/2016  9:24 PM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

lots of guys try desperately to improve their efficiency of their shot but its obviously not that easy. I would assume that they all try but sometimes it just does not work and/or not transfer to in game situations.

It worked for Lance. It certainly isn't going to work if you don't try.
mreinman

9/27/2016  9:26 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

It worked for Lance. It certainly isn't going to work if you don't try.

obviously. And I am sure that all bad shooter try really hard or at least I would like to assume that they do.

nixluva
USA
9/27/2016  9:43 PM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Don't know about age. This is what I do know. Rose is going to get WIDE OPEN 3pt shots and he is capable of knocking those down. Rose was getting better as the season progressed. I think Rose taking more 3's in games should help him.

Jan.
3 Point Field Goals
Closest Defender GP G Freq 3PM 3PA 3P%
0-2 Feet - Very Tight 13 13 0.0% 0.0 0.0 -
2-4 Feet - Tight 13 13 1.0% 0.0 0.1 0.0
4-6 Feet - Open 13 11 7.4% 0.3 1.1 26.7
6+ Feet - Wide Open 13 6 3.4% 0.2 0.5 42.9

Feb.
3 Point Field Goals
0-2 Feet - Very Tight 8 8 0.6% 0.0 0.1 0.0
2-4 Feet - Tight 8 8 1.9% 0.1 0.4 33.3
4-6 Feet - Open 8 8 8.4% 0.5 1.6 30.8
6+ Feet - Wide Open 8 4 1.3% 0.1 0.3 50.0

Mar.
3 Point Field Goals
0-2 Feet - Very Tight 15 13 0.0% 0.0 0.0 -
2-4 Feet - Tight 15 14 2.6% 0.1 0.4 33.3
4-6 Feet - Open 15 14 10.9% 0.6 1.7 36.0
6+ Feet - Wide Open 15 6 2.6% 0.3 0.4 66.7

mreinman

9/27/2016  9:56 PM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Don't know about age. This is what I do know. Rose is going to get WIDE OPEN 3pt shots and he is capable of knocking those down. Rose was getting better as the season progressed. I think Rose taking more 3's in games should help him.

Jan.
3 Point Field Goals

Feb.
3 Point Field Goals

Mar.
3 Point Field Goals

getting hot for a short spurt is too small of a sample size. I would refer to his career numbers for a more accurate gauge. Taking more threes in games won't help his efficiency if he stays anywhere his career numbers, it would only hurt the team more.

If you think that Rose will be much more open on this team than he was ever before and therefore that can help his efficiency, thats certainly possible.

nixluva
USA
9/27/2016  10:05 PM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Jan.
3 Point Field Goals

Feb.
3 Point Field Goals

Mar.
3 Point Field Goals

getting hot for a short spurt is too small of a sample size. I would refer to his career numbers for a more accurate gauge. Taking more threes in games won't help his efficiency if he stays anywhere his career numbers, it would only hurt the team more.

If you think that Rose will be much more open on this team than he was ever before and therefore that can help his efficiency, thats certainly possible.

I just wanted to point out that it is possible for Rose to improve his shooting as he did last year during the season. It's also my contention that we can't know that Rose has been fully focused on his 3pt shooting the last 3 years when he was mostly rehabbing each summer. Don't assume that those recent years are going to be dispositive evidence of what he's fully capable of. Perhaps this summer he truly focused on it in addition to being healthier.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

9/27/2016  10:18 PM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Jan.
3 Point Field Goals

Feb.
3 Point Field Goals

Mar.
3 Point Field Goals

I just wanted to point out that it is possible for Rose to improve his shooting as he did last year during the season. It's also my contention that we can't know that Rose has been fully focused on his 3pt shooting the last 3 years when he was mostly rehabbing each summer. Don't assume that those recent years are going to be dispositive evidence of what he's fully capable of. Perhaps this summer he truly focused on it in addition to being healthier.
im more excited about jennings. He is a better shooter.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
9/27/2016  10:45 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:im more excited about jennings. He is a better shooter.

I'm excited for Rose and Jennings. Both guys are more talent at PG than we've had for years and years.

Rose being excited about Porzingis and saying it's Melo's team and hitting all these threes. It's good to see. I hope that trial can get resolved quickly and not screw up his head.

¿ △ ?
StarksEwing1

9/27/2016  10:54 PM
crzymdups wrote:

I'm excited for Rose and Jennings. Both guys are more talent at PG than we've had for years and years.

Rose being excited about Porzingis and saying it's Melo's team and hitting all these threes. It's good to see. I hope that trial can get resolved quickly and not screw up his head.

not a huge fan of rose. Always wanted jennings here though. Im ecstatic for KP. I think its becoming his team now and the future
nixluva
USA
9/27/2016  11:02 PM
crzymdups wrote:

Yeah the better BOTH Rose and Jennings play the better for us. We have some real talent at guard this year and it should help Melo and KP to excel.

mreinman

9/27/2016  11:11 PM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Jan.
3 Point Field Goals

Feb.
3 Point Field Goals

Mar.
3 Point Field Goals

anything is possible though based on his career, it is improbable. And yes, we have no idea what Rose focused on in other years therefore it still remains improbable based on the evidence that we know for certain. His stats.

StarksEwing1

9/27/2016  11:13 PM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Jan.
3 Point Field Goals

Feb.
3 Point Field Goals

Mar.
3 Point Field Goals

anything is possible though based on his career, it is improbable. And yes, we have no idea what Rose focused on in other years therefore it still remains improbable based on the evidence that we know for certain. His stats.

agreed. At this point especially with all the injuries he is what he is
nixluva
USA
9/27/2016  11:45 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Jan.
3 Point Field Goals

Feb.
3 Point Field Goals

Mar.
3 Point Field Goals

agreed. At this point especially with all the injuries he is what he is

OK you guys keep up this line but if Rose couldn't shoot at all it's not likely he would've shown steady improvement last year as he got healthier. He wouldn't be the only player to ever improve his shooting with more work and focus on it. Also keep acting like you don't know the negative impact that having the injuries he had might mess up his performance. You know damned well that if you have surgery on your f'n legs that it can impact your shooting and it doesn't have to mean that you just can't shoot. But that's fine let's play your game and assume that due to the previous few seasons Rose most probably will suck this season. You guys stick with that and we'll just see how things go this year. The bias you guys have against Rose is silly.
Article: Derrick Rose Doesn’t Miss Threes In Training Camp

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy