Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
9/27/2016  9:48 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:IF they can get him to take 5-7 3PAS a game it would help him to have more of an offensive impact. There is no reason why he should not be used like a Wesley Matthews or J.R. Smith. Hornacek needs to put his talents to use on offense. I was happy to see Lee mentioned that he and the coach talked about increasing his shots.

I am very confident that Hornacek knows what to do. He's shown he can run a very potent offense and involve his guards. Gerald Green had done nothing most of his career and really thrived under Hornacek.

Green had one good year then he went back to normal. His 3PAs did increase with Jeff though so that is a good sign but Green was shooting threes at a higher rate than Lee even before he went to PHX.

I think you're missing the point. The WAY that he had Green playing was the right way and it helped lead to a good season for Green and yes he dipped the next season but the style of play was still the same and I think if Hornacek puts Lee in that similar situation he can thrive. Green had more starts in his 1st season maybe that helped. What is the point of trying to dismiss the success even if it was mostly in one season? No one is suggesting he turned him into an All Star and fixed him permanently. If we can have that kind of success with Lee then GREAT. Maybe this time it can last for more than one season being applied to a more stable NBA performer.

It's called being balance. No one dismissed Green one season but yet there should not be anything wrong with telling the whole story. Lee is signed for 4 years so I would hope if Hornacek can get him shooting more it would last more than one season and not just shooting more but having Lee keep or increase his efficiency.

like I said early I am glad it is something Jeff brought up to Lee. I hope he will be willing and comfortable taking more shots.

I expect that Lee would be fine with an increase in shots. I would also expect that it should help him and the team for him to be getting more 3pt shots. If you can shoot it's good to be able to get up more shots and stay in rhythm.

AUTOADVERT
Article: Courtney Lee sets high goals for himself and Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy