jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/27/2016  5:33 PM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Loving this guy more and more ... could end up being one of the most important keys to success.

DON'T DO THAT!!! Jennings like many others are missing the point of the phrase. The only reason that they say it like this is because in this society it appears that Black Lives in particular are not as valued and that is historical and not just about today. This is similar to what happened when the "Black Power" and "Black is Beautiful" movement came out of the 60's and 70's. It was for the FIRST TIME that Black people were able to express those things openly. Up until that time there was a lack of Power and a lack of pride in being Black due to the oppression and brainwashing that came out of the HUNDREDS of years of Slavery and Jim Crow where Blacks were a lower cast. This is why many Blacks suffer from self hatred and lack of value of other Black lives even today. It's been ingrained into them.

If you don't know that history then you end up thinking that BLM is not right or is stupid, but it's not. I'm going to say this again. Some people need to learn the real history of these things and develop understanding and empathy. Even some Black people don't really understand this. God Bless the White people in this country who understood the wrongs done to African Americans from day one in this country and fought and gave their lives to help correct things.

nixluva, take a stroll through the BLM site, and spend a little time reading the vitriolic hate that is James Cone and Black Liberation Theology. Then come back and lecture on Black Lives Matter.

Jennings isn't missing the point of the phrase. He, unlike you, has probably actually found out what the group behind the phrase actually stands for. Which is nothing more than racially based hatred and social retribution as a religion.

All lives matter, all the time.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/27/2016  5:51 PM
jrodmc wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Loving this guy more and more ... could end up being one of the most important keys to success.

DON'T DO THAT!!! Jennings like many others are missing the point of the phrase. The only reason that they say it like this is because in this society it appears that Black Lives in particular are not as valued and that is historical and not just about today. This is similar to what happened when the "Black Power" and "Black is Beautiful" movement came out of the 60's and 70's. It was for the FIRST TIME that Black people were able to express those things openly. Up until that time there was a lack of Power and a lack of pride in being Black due to the oppression and brainwashing that came out of the HUNDREDS of years of Slavery and Jim Crow where Blacks were a lower cast. This is why many Blacks suffer from self hatred and lack of value of other Black lives even today. It's been ingrained into them.

If you don't know that history then you end up thinking that BLM is not right or is stupid, but it's not. I'm going to say this again. Some people need to learn the real history of these things and develop understanding and empathy. Even some Black people don't really understand this. God Bless the White people in this country who understood the wrongs done to African Americans from day one in this country and fought and gave their lives to help correct things.

nixluva, take a stroll through the BLM site, and spend a little time reading the vitriolic hate that is James Cone and Black Liberation Theology. Then come back and lecture on Black Lives Matter.

Jennings isn't missing the point of the phrase. He, unlike you, has probably actually found out what the group behind the phrase actually stands for. Which is nothing more than racially based hatred and social retribution as a religion.

Knicks thread only, thanks.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

9/27/2016  11:04 PM
EnySpree wrote:
martin wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Knicks thread only, thanks.

Sorry Martin, I have to say that black Lives Matter is not referring to those two extremists who are using the #hashtag to fuel their agenda. When people say black Lives Matter they are referring to the police brutality towards the black community that people seem to be ok with. Do not refer to those 2 jackasses or their website. They are pieces of **** extremists.

dude just stop it
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/27/2016  11:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/27/2016  11:29 PM
Ok fine post deleted... but there are extremists out there that use good to fuel what they want. Just because people say black Lives Matter it doesn't automatically associate them with those extremists.

To keep it Knicks related is hard because we have a few posters that love to drop subliminal lines that they know will pull a cord with certain posters.

I personally miss the old days when there were more informed posters that were socially conscious and can have a conversation without the condescending bull****. None of the posters I'm referring too post here any more.... what's funny is we all know each other in real life. I would never want to meet the group that passes through here now. Its just a sign of the times I guess.

This new knicks team is sparking intrest and hopefully it will bring the real fans and real people out of the woodwork again. There needs to be a shift in the energy in the forum. In the world for that matter. Maybe the Knicks winning again for a substantial period of time will help expedite a change.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

9/27/2016  11:32 PM
EnySpree wrote:Ok fine post deleted... but there are extremists out there that use good to fuel what they want. Just because people say black Lives Matter it doesn't automatically associate them with those extremists.

To keep it Knicks related is hard because we have a few posters that love to drop subliminal lines that they know will pull a cord with certain posters.

I personally miss the old days when there were more informed posters that were socially conscious and can have a conversation without the condescending bull****. None of the posters I'm referring too post here any more.... what's funny is we all know each other in real life. I would never want to meet the group that passes through here now. Its just a sign of the times I guess.

This new knicks team is sparking intrest and hopefully it will bring the real fans and real people out of the woodwork again. There needs to be a shift in the energy in the forum. In the world for that matter. Maybe the Knicks winning again for a substantial period of time will help expedite a change.

stick to the knicks. Bashing fans and acting like a jackass wont make people want to talk to you
EnySpree

9/27/2016  11:44 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Ok fine post deleted... but there are extremists out there that use good to fuel what they want. Just because people say black Lives Matter it doesn't automatically associate them with those extremists.

stick to the knicks. Bashing fans and acting like a jackass wont make people want to talk to you

I don't see where I'm acting like a jackass but whatevs

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/28/2016  12:05 AM

nixluva
USA
9/28/2016  12:09 AM

nixluva
USA
9/28/2016  10:57 AM
MEANWHILE!

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
9/28/2016  1:25 PM
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I don't see where I'm acting like a jackass but whatevs

I didn't think you were being a jack ass. I agree with you.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
9/28/2016  1:26 PM
Noah is in camp. He was late while he and his wife had a new baby.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
9/28/2016  1:28 PM
nixluva wrote:MEANWHILE!

I love Noah, but that form on his jumper is hideous.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
9/28/2016  1:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/28/2016  1:34 PM
Noah in NY is gonna be hilarious.

¿ △ ?
EnySpree

9/28/2016  1:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/28/2016  2:59 PM
crzymdups wrote:

It actually looks alot better lol. He's shooting in practice with confidence. He's just gotta be a threat out there.

crzymdups
USA
9/28/2016  1:35 PM
EnySpree wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

It actually looks alot better lol. He's souring in practice with confidence. He's just gotta be a threat out there.

Yeah, he's one of those guys who has terrible looking form, but it seems to go in. Can't wait for him to take the floor. I hated the Eddy Curry trade so much because we missed on having Noah in NYC.

¿ △ ?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
9/28/2016  1:49 PM
Noah, Jennings, Rose, Lee... we have some really nice pieces to start the season. A couple of weeks and we get some preseason games and the fun begins. I cant wait to see Willy and Kuz as well. Those guys could play big roles off the bench especially if someone gets hurt. Also those are our "rookies" and we know everyone of them is the next star
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
crzymdups
USA
9/28/2016  4:21 PM
¿ △ ?
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/29/2016  10:48 AM
Wonder what a Rose - Jennings backcourt would be like? Lotsa points but a defensive sieve? But with Noah and KP behind them, who would care?

I be so happy...please God, let everyone remain healthy...

DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

9/29/2016  11:01 AM

Wow it got real. +70 Eny... we been through many somber years, hopefully the Knicks teach us fans about teamwork!

Because I have important questions like: is Lance Thomas on our team? What's the deal with him?

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
Knicks Media Day 2016 Quotes and Photos thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy