[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

To those Knicks fans dismissing Rose's rape case...
Author Thread
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

9/18/2016  8:23 PM
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
callmened wrote:I don't know whether there was consent or not.
I don't know what happened that night...that's up to a jury to decide

But to me rose's actions or thought process are disgusting whether there was consent or not

From what I understand, the girl begged to be his girlfriend. Rose broke up with her cuz she wouldn't let his friends have sex with her. Rose basically said if you don't let my friends have sex with you then we won't be a couple. THAT'S CRAZY!!! Now the rest is up to a jury. Sounds like they all got drunk and something went down...was it consented or not. I don't know.

I just think having a girl and wanting your friends to also sleep with her is CRAZY!!!!!!

From what I've read it doesn't seem like Rose EVER considered her anything more than a sex partner. Nothing I've read sounds like a normal committed relationship based on love and respect. She willingly dealt with him knowing what he was like. I'm not going to moralize about the behavior just because I don't agree with it. That's you're own personal choice. It seems clear she chose to deal with Rose knowing what kind of man he was and what his friends were like. They didn't hide their desires from her and her friend knew it too.

Now as for what happened that night the 2nd time they got together, she doesn't even know exactly what happened and she wasn't forced to get drunk or to text Rose to come over. She was lucid enough to text Rose after she got home and tell him she wanted him to come to her. The whole thing is a mess and it's not cut and dry the way some are trying to make it seem.

Whether you love Rose or not he made a bad judgment in this situation. It doesn't matter if he wears a knick uniform. Hell if Porzingis did a similar thing I would criticize him too and he is my favorite knick.

Every weekend there are men and women going to bars and clubs looking to have fun and possibly hook up. When they drink their inhibitions are relaxed and men are sleeping with women under those impaired conditions all the time. It's a risky lifestyle and adults engage in this knowingly. Rape is rape but under those circumstances it makes it harder to prove just what was said and done.

Women in this situation are in a tough spot. Jane Doe should've known better. She clearly knew Rose was that kind of guy cuz he had shown it the entire relationship. This could be a problem for her with the jury.

Either way Rose messed up.

Oh he was an idiot!!! There are plenty of women out there that are down with his lifestyle. No need to force it upon someone who wasn't really into it. On top of that he could've smoothed things with her by just apologizing and being decent. He was a jerk and now it's coming back on him. Still doesn't mean she was raped. The Police decided her case was weak and I think his lawyers may point this out to the jury. So she's not guaranteed to win this either. If I was his lawyer I would advise to settle cuz it's not worth it. He messed up and should've just paid up. Lesson learned. This could cost him more than if he settled.

but that isnt point. Sure he may not be guilty of a criminal charge but that behavior shows that he isnt a good guy. Thankfully he only has 1 year left on his deal
Where do you draw the "good guy" line? Are you not a good guy if you hit the strip clubs? Cheat on your wife or girlfriend? Like having orgies? Like having sex on webcams? Date multiple women at the same time? Like taking pics of your privates with your cell phone? If being a "good guy" is defined by your bedroom behavior I bet you'd be surprised how many guys are also not "good guys," they just haven't been caught.

So if he didn't rape her but is into orgies, that makes him not a "good guy?"

so im guessing you are his side? Never said he raped her but it Seems like he pressured her which isnt right
I'm not on anybody's side. I'm not siding with Rose because he's a Knick. I'm not siding with the woman just because she's a female. Like I said, nobody really knows what happened. I will admit I find her version of the story hard to believe.

The reality is the truth is probably somewhere in the middle and they're both lying to a certain extent.

i feel bad for the woman. Going up against a public figure is hard because everyone accuses you of lying
AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

9/18/2016  8:24 PM
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

But to me rose's actions or thought process are disgusting whether there was consent or not

From what I understand, the girl begged to be his girlfriend. Rose broke up with her cuz she wouldn't let his friends have sex with her. Rose basically said if you don't let my friends have sex with you then we won't be a couple. THAT'S CRAZY!!! Now the rest is up to a jury. Sounds like they all got drunk and something went down...was it consented or not. I don't know.

I just think having a girl and wanting your friends to also sleep with her is CRAZY!!!!!!

From what I've read it doesn't seem like Rose EVER considered her anything more than a sex partner. Nothing I've read sounds like a normal committed relationship based on love and respect. She willingly dealt with him knowing what he was like. I'm not going to moralize about the behavior just because I don't agree with it. That's you're own personal choice. It seems clear she chose to deal with Rose knowing what kind of man he was and what his friends were like. They didn't hide their desires from her and her friend knew it too.

Now as for what happened that night the 2nd time they got together, she doesn't even know exactly what happened and she wasn't forced to get drunk or to text Rose to come over. She was lucid enough to text Rose after she got home and tell him she wanted him to come to her. The whole thing is a mess and it's not cut and dry the way some are trying to make it seem.

Whether you love Rose or not he made a bad judgment in this situation. It doesn't matter if he wears a knick uniform. Hell if Porzingis did a similar thing I would criticize him too and he is my favorite knick.

Every weekend there are men and women going to bars and clubs looking to have fun and possibly hook up. When they drink their inhibitions are relaxed and men are sleeping with women under those impaired conditions all the time. It's a risky lifestyle and adults engage in this knowingly. Rape is rape but under those circumstances it makes it harder to prove just what was said and done.

Women in this situation are in a tough spot. Jane Doe should've known better. She clearly knew Rose was that kind of guy cuz he had shown it the entire relationship. This could be a problem for her with the jury.

Oh he was an idiot!!! There are plenty of women out there that are down with his lifestyle. No need to force it upon someone who wasn't really into it. On top of that he could've smoothed things with her by just apologizing and being decent. He was a jerk and now it's coming back on him. Still doesn't mean she was raped. The Police decided her case was weak and I think his lawyers may point this out to the jury. So she's not guaranteed to win this either. If I was his lawyer I would advise to settle cuz it's not worth it. He messed up and should've just paid up. Lesson learned. This could cost him more than if he settled.

but that isnt point. Sure he may not be guilty of a criminal charge but that behavior shows that he isnt a good guy. Thankfully he only has 1 year left on his deal
Where do you draw the "good guy" line? Are you not a good guy if you hit the strip clubs? Cheat on your wife or girlfriend? Like having orgies? Like having sex on webcams? Date multiple women at the same time? Like taking pics of your privates with your cell phone? If being a "good guy" is defined by your bedroom behavior I bet you'd be surprised how many guys are also not "good guys," they just haven't been caught.

so im guessing you are his side? Never said he raped her but it Seems like he pressured her which isnt right
I'm not on anybody's side. I'm not siding with Rose because he's a Knick. I'm not siding with the woman just because she's a female. Like I said, nobody really knows what happened. I will admit I find her version of the story hard to believe.

The reality is the truth is probably somewhere in the middle and they're both lying to a certain extent.

Ok ... so perhaps there was a little bit of a shady sexual transgression here? Like I said, she is irrelevant cause she does not play for the knicks.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
mreinman

9/18/2016  8:26 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

i feel bad for the woman. Going up against a public figure is hard because everyone accuses you of lying

what did it take? 80 women to accuse Cosby (and still counting)?

There are a sh1t load of Rapes (probably most) especially with sleazy athletes/celebs that go unreported for this reason.

At least now perhaps Rose knows what is the meaning of "consent".

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

9/18/2016  8:29 PM
mreinman wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

what did it take? 80 women to accuse Cosby (and still counting)?

There are a sh1t load of Rapes (probably most) especially with sleazy athletes/celebs that go unreported for this reason.

At least now perhaps Rose knows what is the meaning of "consent".

Yup. I mean in some cases i admit the women do lie. For example the duke lacrosse rape scandal. However that woman was a nutcase and she was later convicted of murder
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
9/18/2016  8:40 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

yeah she made a bad judgement cause she should have known that Rose was sleaze ... I guess she had it comin ... nice, I mean sick!

She DID know he was like that and yet she still dealt with him. Not in a normal everyday relationship but a purely sexual relationship! They weren't doing laundry together and hittin up flew markets on the weekends!!! They weren't taking each other to meet the family and planning for a future together! She knew exactly what he wanted and she was fine with it. There was nothing normal about it.

being a empty headed homer is one thing but this is blatantly disgusting. Have you no shame? YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!

how the fuk do you know what happened or what she deserved or what she knew? Because she was allegedly loose with him, does that mean she had to be forced to sleep with his friends? You know for a fact that she was not raped or gang raped or date raped? Or, even if she was, she had it coming?

Perhaps she wanted to be raped? She knew this was a possibility too, right?

Nobody knows what actually happened so don't say stupid things when you don't have a clue! I assume that you don't have daughters, correct?

This is like you relentlessly talking about Matt Barnes destroying him as if that would make fisher look better. They both were idiots but to you its all black and white.

Rose, from reading all the horrible things in regards this case is a disgusting human being and if she is too, that will not make Rose less disgusting. And, you have no idea if she was raped or not so it may be time to shut it!

The attempts to shame the accuser has been a tactic for years all parties do such. Now while I do think Rose sexual preference is of the perverted nature, she definitely did know about it, as she is noted as refusing to partake in such. Rose has admitted this. The only question to be answered is whether Rose and his friends are liable this one particular time...consent to have such intercourse and trespass into her apartment to do so. One little piece of info is kind damning in which there are repeated calls to her phone unanswered just before they arrived to her place, which gives the impression that at the least she was sleep and at most passed out. It also makes no sense for her roommate to casually walk past dudes in her home, one trying to smash with her and all she does is go in her bedroom, lock the door and turn on a fan when a normal person would call the police. But perhaps she knew these guys and have seen them there before. Either way, it would be best for Rose to settle. Doesn't mean he's guilty to do so, just wanting to end the situation.
its important to remember many women who are victims of these acts are afraid to come forward at first because they are embarrassed/ashamed especially if the other people are well known

it's also important to remember that well known rich men get accused of such things quite often. Even businesses get sued quite often, the most ridiculous being the Liebeck vs Mcdonalds case....woman spills hot coffee on herself, should have used her cupholder, nah she hold hot coffee in her lap.....Mcdonalds fault I guess. so it goes both ways. I actually blame the federal courts for this. Cases such as this Rose vs Doe should be settled as criminal cases first and not civil first. I'm actually curious as to why she is so desperate to hide her identity. If she doesn't want others to face her fate do like the woman who sued Isiah and the Knicks, identify yourself, and win your case.
mreinman

9/18/2016  8:45 PM
knickscity wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

yeah she made a bad judgement cause she should have known that Rose was sleaze ... I guess she had it comin ... nice, I mean sick!

She DID know he was like that and yet she still dealt with him. Not in a normal everyday relationship but a purely sexual relationship! They weren't doing laundry together and hittin up flew markets on the weekends!!! They weren't taking each other to meet the family and planning for a future together! She knew exactly what he wanted and she was fine with it. There was nothing normal about it.

being a empty headed homer is one thing but this is blatantly disgusting. Have you no shame? YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!

how the fuk do you know what happened or what she deserved or what she knew? Because she was allegedly loose with him, does that mean she had to be forced to sleep with his friends? You know for a fact that she was not raped or gang raped or date raped? Or, even if she was, she had it coming?

Nobody knows what actually happened so don't say stupid things when you don't have a clue! I assume that you don't have daughters, correct?

This is like you relentlessly talking about Matt Barnes destroying him as if that would make fisher look better. They both were idiots but to you its all black and white.

Rose, from reading all the horrible things in regards this case is a disgusting human being and if she is too, that will not make Rose less disgusting. And, you have no idea if she was raped or not so it may be time to shut it!

The attempts to shame the accuser has been a tactic for years all parties do such. Now while I do think Rose sexual preference is of the perverted nature, she definitely did know about it, as she is noted as refusing to partake in such. Rose has admitted this. The only question to be answered is whether Rose and his friends are liable this one particular time...consent to have such intercourse and trespass into her apartment to do so. One little piece of info is kind damning in which there are repeated calls to her phone unanswered just before they arrived to her place, which gives the impression that at the least she was sleep and at most passed out. It also makes no sense for her roommate to casually walk past dudes in her home, one trying to smash with her and all she does is go in her bedroom, lock the door and turn on a fan when a normal person would call the police. But perhaps she knew these guys and have seen them there before. Either way, it would be best for Rose to settle. Doesn't mean he's guilty to do so, just wanting to end the situation.
its important to remember many women who are victims of these acts are afraid to come forward at first because they are embarrassed/ashamed especially if the other people are well known

it's also important to remember that well known rich men get accused of such things quite often. Even businesses get sued quite often, the most ridiculous being the Liebeck vs Mcdonalds case....woman spills hot coffee on herself, should have used her cupholder, nah she hold hot coffee in her lap.....Mcdonalds fault I guess. so it goes both ways. I actually blame the federal courts for this. Cases such as this Rose vs Doe should be settled as criminal cases first and not civil first. I'm actually curious as to why she is so desperate to hide her identity. If she doesn't want others to face her fate do like the woman who sued Isiah and the Knicks, identify yourself, and win your case.

I can't question her for wanting to remain nameless, that is here right and if she wants to help others for her cause and come out then that is her right as well.

Rich people are certainly targets so if you are a smart rich guy then use your freakin brain ....

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/18/2016  8:54 PM
mreinman wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Ok ... so perhaps there was a little bit of a shady sexual transgression here? Like I said, she is irrelevant cause she does not play for the knicks.

There is a lot of animosity between the opposing attorneys. They have tried mediation twice and it did not work out.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

9/18/2016  9:09 PM
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I can't question her for wanting to remain nameless, that is here right and if she wants to help others for her cause and come out then that is her right as well.

Rich people are certainly targets so if you are a smart rich guy then use your freakin brain ....

Is there a reason she is not named? It's not a criminal case. Would think a civil case would have both parties on record. Understand why they would keep the victim of a criminal rape trial private.
Thought I read it is being decided this upcoming week?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
mreinman

9/18/2016  9:11 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Is there a reason she is not named? It's not a criminal case. Would think a civil case would have both parties on record. Understand why they would keep the victim of a criminal rape trial private.

she either has that right or she doesn't. If she has that legal right then its up to her.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/18/2016  9:16 PM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

First off I've been married for 28yrs! Raised 3 children to adulthood. My daughter has been happily married for 7 years. One of my sons is married for one year and my last son is engaged. I raised my children with morals and to respect marriage. I also work with young people in the community to help them make sound decisions. The company I've created has summer camps where I teach underprivileged youth various Technology skills and we're about to expand the program to an after school program as well as partnering with the city Rec Centers.

You have no idea how active I am and have been in helping young people to have better lives. Your accusations and misrepresentations of what I've said are untrue and not appreciated. Call me an empty headed homer one more time.

knickscity
USA
9/18/2016  9:21 PM
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

It's definitely obvious she seeks money primarily. if you haven't done so, take a read from the interview she gave the AP....

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/45c2cb76be434de5854f38239b049727/ap-exclusive-accuser-derrick-rose-rape-case-has-secret

mreinman

9/18/2016  9:27 PM
knickscity wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

It's definitely obvious she seeks money primarily. if you haven't done so, take a read from the interview she gave the AP....

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/45c2cb76be434de5854f38239b049727/ap-exclusive-accuser-derrick-rose-rape-case-has-secret

I read it all and I still have no idea if she was raped. And as I said, slandering her even if true does not help him look better. So she is sleazy too? So what.

Again, nobody knows if she was raped or not at this point but the fact that he kept pressuring her to let him include his friends does not paint a pretty picture for him and he is the one who is on the knicks.

knickscity
USA
9/18/2016  9:43 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I seriously doubt she'll be able to procede with this case being unnamed, but she isn't technically a Jane Doe since Rose and his co defendants knows exactly who she is. She wants to remain nameless to protect her iditenty because of she'll be embarrassed due to her family according to her. If she settled for a mil or even won the entire amount, what exactly would she tell them as to how she got it? found it on the street?
knickscity
USA
9/18/2016  9:50 PM
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I read it all and I still have no idea if she was raped. And as I said, slandering her even if true does not help him look better. So she is sleazy too? So what.

Again, nobody knows if she was raped or not at this point but the fact that he kept pressuring her to let him include his friends does not paint a pretty picture for him and he is the one who is on the knicks.

He'll settle if he wants to reclaim his NBA game and get this out of the way. but as far as the case, there's a lot of info that don't paint either side very well. For someone claiming she is of deep religious roots and would be embarrassed if her family found out, why enter a relationship based solely on sex when she knew he had a girlfriend at the time? And you better believe when she said she was "sexually inexperienced" Rose lawyers are gonna shred that willful admittance to pieces.
mreinman

9/18/2016  9:58 PM
knickscity wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

He'll settle if he wants to reclaim his NBA game and get this out of the way. but as far as the case, there's a lot of info that don't paint either side very well. For someone claiming she is of deep religious roots and would be embarrassed if her family found out, why enter a relationship based solely on sex when she knew he had a girlfriend at the time? And you better believe when she said she was "sexually inexperienced" Rose lawyers are gonna shred that willful admittance to pieces.

Again, I am not defending her character and it really has nothing to do with the fact that Rose who is a knick seems like a disgusting person.

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

9/19/2016  2:05 AM
I dont necessarily find him disgusting, but certainly not someone one would want to date his daughter, or be a role model for his kids (which is why i think his adidas contract will go up in smoke regardless).
As far as embracing him as Knick? I dont know. I really liked to have Spree here, even though choking a person is arguably worse than what Rose did. But Spree had a phenomenal game, which i really liked even before he got to NY. Not sure i wanted Rose and his game here even before this rape case gathered speed.
Gudris
Member: #6213

9/19/2016  3:57 AM
There is a lot of great people(celebreties/athletes/politics) who are disgusting persons in private life, we all have several masks, one for acting in public, other at work, one for family, only when we are alone we have no mask(this is when you fart loudly, belch, dig in to nose, and do all other nasty things i cant image of :))
[/quote]

Again, I am not defending her character and it really has nothing to do with the fact that Rose who is a knick seems like a disgusting person.
[/quote]

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
9/19/2016  7:27 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:
anrst wrote:Question: Do you have an understanding as to the word consent?

Derrick Rose: No. But can you tell me?

Question: I just wanted to know if you had an understanding.

Derrick Rose: No.

http://deadspin.com/lawyer-derrick-rose-said-he-doesnt-know-what-consent-m-1786681789

I feel so uneasy having a scumbag rapist on the team. Low-life characters always rub me wrong no matter what they can do on the court.

I honestly don't think I can root for this guy. Like zero.

I get the sense you would be uncomfortable with something about the team regardless of the circumstances. But hey, football season is here. Bet you can get real uncomfortable cheering for those teams...

This is the Randle.
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

9/19/2016  8:20 AM
Actually, what is the meaning of consent? Beyond the "no means no" rule, assuming there wasnt a "no" explicitly said. I am not certain there will be consensus on this even just on this thread, let alone in society at large.
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
9/19/2016  8:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/19/2016  8:40 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:Actually, what is the meaning of consent? Beyond the "no means no" rule, assuming there wasnt a "no" explicitly said. I am not certain there will be consensus on this even just on this thread, let alone in society at large.

permission or agreement, as in "no i do not give your friends permission to have sex with me"-- or-- "no i do not agree to having sex with your friends."

"but we men."

"no derrick, as i have been saying to you for the months and years we have known each other, i do not want to have a threesome or foursome, no matter how many times you ask me. yes i will drink with you, party with you, even use a sex belt with you-- but i will have sex with you and you only, preferably in a conscious state."

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
To those Knicks fans dismissing Rose's rape case...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy