[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

To those Knicks fans dismissing Rose's rape case...
Author Thread
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
9/18/2016  11:07 AM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
callmened wrote:WOW. SO I JUST READ MORE OF THIS CASE...

listen, i dont know what happened that night...NONE of this do but ive concluded a couple of things:
- yikes D.Rose - that is ******* behavior (basically he said, I'll only continue to be your boyfriend if you allow my boys to have sex with you too)
- yikes D. Rose - you sound like an idiot (he doesnt know what 'consent' means)

i wish i didn't read this. again, i dont know if they raped her or not. but it just showed me how ignorant D. Rose was. i mean its hard to stomach or root for a guy like that

Ned, are you getting your info from here? http://thewhitebronco.com/2016/09/the-derrick-rose-sexual-assault-trial-primer/
It has everything that has been presented in court without opinions or lawyer slants from either side.

From the comments I read on this thread I don't think everyone has read all of that info. Sounds like some are happy to just rag on Rose based more on bias than anything else. Some are moralizing which to me is also a problem. We don't have to agree with Rose's lifestyle but it's not illegal to be into kinky stuff sexually.
Both Doe and Rose were adults consenting to drinking, partying and sex over years. It wasn't a normal relationship IMO. This is a very unfortunate thing to be happening right before the new season. I hope it gets resolved before the Trial, but that's for my own selfish reasons as a Knicks fan and not really what may be in the interests of Rose or Doe.

"consent" is precisely what is at issue here. did she give consent in this instance? was she drugged before the sexual encounters?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
9/18/2016  11:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/18/2016  11:15 AM
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

listen, i dont know what happened that night...NONE of this do but ive concluded a couple of things:
- yikes D.Rose - that is ******* behavior (basically he said, I'll only continue to be your boyfriend if you allow my boys to have sex with you too)

i wish i didn't read this. again, i dont know if they raped her or not. but it just showed me how ignorant D. Rose was. i mean its hard to stomach or root for a guy like that

Ned, are you getting your info from here? http://thewhitebronco.com/2016/09/the-derrick-rose-sexual-assault-trial-primer/
It has everything that has been presented in court without opinions or lawyer slants from either side.

From the comments I read on this thread I don't think everyone has read all of that info. Sounds like some are happy to just rag on Rose based more on bias than anything else. Some are moralizing which to me is also a problem. We don't have to agree with Rose's lifestyle but it's not illegal to be into kinky stuff sexually.
Both Doe and Rose were adults consenting to drinking, partying and sex over years. It wasn't a normal relationship IMO. This is a very unfortunate thing to be happening right before the new season. I hope it gets resolved before the Trial, but that's for my own selfish reasons as a Knicks fan and not really what may be in the interests of Rose or Doe.

"consent" is precisely what is at issue here. did she give consent in this instance? was she drugged before the sexual encounters?

I FULLY understand what is at issue here. None of us can really know what happened that night. Jane Doe isn't fully aware of what happened that night. It wouldn't take being drugged for that to happen. Just being drunk you might do and say things you would not otherwise do. How many people have done things when drunk that they later say "I would never do that"? Rather than trying to Arm Chair judge this situation there has to be some degree of acceptance that we all don't have a way to know exactly what happened.

dk7th
USA
9/18/2016  11:27 AM
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I FULLY understand what is at issue here. None of us can really know what happened that night. Jane Doe isn't fully aware of what happened that night. It wouldn't take being drugged for that to happen. Just being drunk you might do and say things you would not otherwise do. How many people have done things when drunk that they later say "I would never do that"? Rather than trying to Arm Chair judge this situation there has to be some degree of acceptance that we all don't have a way to know exactly what happened.

i am putting myself in the position of a juror. rose has already damned himself in his own deposition. she also repeatedly denied his requests for threesomes and foursomes over the course of months and months. so even if merely drunk and not both drunk and given drugs, that does not equate with consent.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
dk7th
USA
9/18/2016  11:49 AM
a message to phil jackson: CAVEAT EMPTOR

http://www.msn.com/en-in/sports/nba/phil-jackson-ignored-probe-of-rose%C3%A2%E2%82%AC-tm-rape-suit-before-knicks-trade/ar-BBwagyK

Welpee
Member: #6239

9/18/2016  11:51 AM
dk7th wrote:
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:i read as much of the texts and whatnot as i could stomach. liable or not-- the whole thing is sordid, sickening, and shameful and i cannot believe rose is bringing this shyte to the knicks. he is a pariah even before playing a single minute for the knicks and has to settle.
I bet that kinda **** is already on the Knicks, we just may not know about it. Did we already forget about Derrick Williams, Cleanthony Early and the case against O'Quinn? Let's not pretend Rose is joining a choir boy squad. This IS the NBA you know. The Knicks are probably no better or worse than any other team in terms of morality.

o'quinn accused of assault and pending, so yes that is apples to apples, although o'quinn's situation lacks the star power, noteriety, and sordidness of rose's situation.

cleanthony was shot at a nightclub he should not have been in, williams gets his jewelry stolen. both were stupid but the key is they were victims. not apples to apples.

In a general sense, it is apples to apples to terms of players living lifestyles that bring controversy to the team whether they're victims or not.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/18/2016  11:58 AM
Another site that appears to have most or all of the documents.
http://www.basketballforever.net/2016/09/15/everything-need-know-derrick-roses-sexual-assault-case/
There is some stuff I hadn't come across before.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
dk7th
USA
9/18/2016  12:09 PM
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:i read as much of the texts and whatnot as i could stomach. liable or not-- the whole thing is sordid, sickening, and shameful and i cannot believe rose is bringing this shyte to the knicks. he is a pariah even before playing a single minute for the knicks and has to settle.
I bet that kinda **** is already on the Knicks, we just may not know about it. Did we already forget about Derrick Williams, Cleanthony Early and the case against O'Quinn? Let's not pretend Rose is joining a choir boy squad. This IS the NBA you know. The Knicks are probably no better or worse than any other team in terms of morality.

o'quinn accused of assault and pending, so yes that is apples to apples, although o'quinn's situation lacks the star power, noteriety, and sordidness of rose's situation.

cleanthony was shot at a nightclub he should not have been in, williams gets his jewelry stolen. both were stupid but the key is they were victims. not apples to apples.

In a general sense, it is apples to apples to terms of players living lifestyles that bring controversy to the team whether they're victims or not.

to an extent, but then there's the question of public sympathy. o'quinn does not win any sympathies, the other two kind of do. rose certainly does not.

knicks1248
Member: #582
9/18/2016  12:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/18/2016  1:35 PM
dk7th wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:So please explain, if your worth like 100 million, and you know your guilty to some degree, why on earth would one let this go PUBLIC.

This wasn't even that much of a story until he became a knick, and 40 different media outlets started following the case more closely( a civil case at it)

This entire system never made sense to me, how the hell can one be innocent of criminal charges, but legally responsible for the same charge..

i believe a criminal charge of rape in this case is harder to prove in this instance. she wasn't forcibly raped. unwanted touching or some form of coercion is the issue. i am not sure but this may have something to do with her civil rights being violated?

this is terrible for the knicks.

Still makes little sense, if she was drugged or drunk, how do you know for sure the drugs or drinks was forced down her throat, or, if she took it on her own accord, she's responsible for her own actions, she doesn't get a pass because she wasn't in her right mind at the time.

Thats like giving a drugged up drunk driver a pass, cause he wasn't in his right mind when he mowed down a family of 4.

Either way, it's really ridiculous and stupid of Rose to let this go as far as it has come, I don't care if she was the Hoe of the week, or St Mary, this thing going super public isn't good for business.

ES
CrushAlot
USA
9/18/2016  12:42 PM
Derrick Rose is dragging Nick Young into his alleged rape case -- using his fellow NBA star in an attempt to discredit the accuser.
Rose's Jane Doe accuser claims she was traumatized by the alleged gang rape because she's "prudish" and sexually inexperienced. Rose's team says that's a big fat lie ... and they have a text referring to fellow NBA guard Nick Young to prove it.
According to docs obtained by TMZ Sports, the text was sent from Jane Doe to her roommate in November 2014. It says, "since u goin to nicks can u please tell him to give u my bra lol."
Rose says the roommate confirmed ... Jane Doe was referring to Nick Young in the text (and yes, Nick was dating Iggy at the time).
The docs also claim Jane Doe interacted with lots of celebs and had sexual relationships with at least 2 NBA players other than Rose ... bringing a major question about her credibility into play.
We reached out to Nick Young ... he has no comment.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/09/12/derrick-rose-nick-young-rape-case/
callmened
Member: #4234

9/18/2016  12:51 PM
I don't know whether there was consent or not.
I don't know what happened that night...that's up to a jury to decide

But to me rose's actions or thought process are disgusting whether there was consent or not

From what I understand, the girl begged to be his girlfriend. Rose broke up with her cuz she wouldn't let his friends have sex with her. Rose basically said if you don't let my friends have sex with you then we won't be a couple. THAT'S CRAZY!!! Now the rest is up to a jury. Sounds like they all got drunk and something went down...was it consented or not. I don't know.

I just think having a girl and wanting your friends to also sleep with her is CRAZY!!!!!!

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
Welpee
Member: #6239

9/18/2016  1:16 PM
dk7th wrote:
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Welpee wrote:

to an extent, but then there's the question of public sympathy. o'quinn does not win any sympathies, the other two kind of do. rose certainly does not.

I agree about Rose and O'Quinn, but you really think there's public sympathy for Williams who after a road game in the middle of back to back games goes partying, picking up a couple of chicks to take back to his home and gets robbed? Or Early getting shot hanging out at strip clubs at 4 a.m.?

And I'm not expressing any personal feelings on this. I was just responding to the statement insinuating that Rose is bringing a certain "element" to the team and making it seem like it doesn't already exist.

mreinman
Member: #3189

9/18/2016  1:21 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Derrick Rose is dragging Nick Young into his alleged rape case -- using his fellow NBA star in an attempt to discredit the accuser.
Rose's Jane Doe accuser claims she was traumatized by the alleged gang rape because she's "prudish" and sexually inexperienced. Rose's team says that's a big fat lie ... and they have a text referring to fellow NBA guard Nick Young to prove it.
According to docs obtained by TMZ Sports, the text was sent from Jane Doe to her roommate in November 2014. It says, "since u goin to nicks can u please tell him to give u my bra lol."
Rose says the roommate confirmed ... Jane Doe was referring to Nick Young in the text (and yes, Nick was dating Iggy at the time).
The docs also claim Jane Doe interacted with lots of celebs and had sexual relationships with at least 2 NBA players other than Rose ... bringing a major question about her credibility into play.

you sound like his PR machine or acting on behalf of his legal team. I have seen you try to paint her in a bad light numerous times and of course your one sidedness is very transparent.

Guilty or not, these details are beyond offensive and of course in retrospect, phil should have never brought him/this here. I would assume that he regrets it and perhaps he is kicking himself for not doing more due diligence.

Lets not forget how many woman had to come out against Bill Cosby before it would stick. Its easy to tear down the character of any singleton.

This also reminds me of how everyone was killing the woman who outed Donald Sterling. Regardless of what kind of person she was or what her motive(s) were, it was still quite clear that Donald Sterling was a sick human being.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
mreinman

9/18/2016  1:23 PM
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Welpee wrote:

I agree about Rose and O'Quinn, but you really think there's public sympathy for Williams who after a road game in the middle of back to back games goes partying, picking up a couple of chicks to take back to his home and gets robbed? Or Early getting shot hanging out at strip clubs at 4 a.m.?

And I'm not expressing any personal feelings on this. I was just responding to the statement insinuating that Rose is bringing a certain "element" to the team and making it seem like it doesn't already exist.

so once we have one alleged sexual offender we should be fair and accept all alleged predators?

CrushAlot
USA
9/18/2016  1:28 PM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

you sound like his PR machine or acting on behalf of his legal team. I have seen you try to paint her in a bad light numerous times and of course your one sidedness is very transparent.

Guilty or not, these details are beyond offensive and of course in retrospect, phil should have never brought him/this here. I would assume that he regrets it and perhaps he is kicking himself for not doing more due diligence.

Lets not forget how many woman had to come out against Bill Cosby before it would stick. Its easy to tear down the character of any singleton.

This also reminds me of how everyone was killing the woman who outed Donald Sterling. Regardless of what kind of person she was or what her motive(s) were, it was still quite clear that Donald Sterling was a sick human being.

Really? I keep posting links to The White Bronco site. I posted a link to another site that I thought made it a little easier to get through the info that is available from court. Not sensational or slanted commentary just court documents. I saw that this morning and thought it was interesting. Also, Doe's legal team is going all out to paint a picture of her that doesn't correspond to the court documents that I have read. I don't condone the behavior of Rose and I do not know what happened that night. I have read court documents though that do not match how Doe's legal team is presenting her. It is a nasty case.
mreinman

9/18/2016  1:30 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Really? I keep posting links to The White Bronco site. I posted a link to another site that I thought made it a little easier to get through the info that is available from court. Not sensational or slanted commentary just court documents. I saw that this morning and thought it was interesting. Also, Doe's legal team is going all out to paint a picture of her that doesn't correspond to the court documents that I have read. I don't condone the behavior of Rose and I do not know what happened that night. I have read court documents though that do not match how Doe's legal team is presenting her. It is a nasty case.

do you see how this post in itself is slated/biased against Doe?

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
9/18/2016  1:47 PM
They'll most likely settle and Rose wont admit fault. That's the best way to carry on with the upcoming season. I will admit though that both sides have some questionable actions in their documents. For the record, I don't think they raped her, but I do think she wont have issues proving she didn't provide consent.
CrushAlot
USA
9/18/2016  2:48 PM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I think similar to needing a filter with the ny media, if it isn't submitted in a court document consider the motivation behind why it is out there and proceed accordingly.
dk7th
USA
9/18/2016  3:38 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:So please explain, if your worth like 100 million, and you know your guilty to some degree, why on earth would one let this go PUBLIC.

This wasn't even that much of a story until he became a knick, and 40 different media outlets started following the case more closely( a civil case at it)

This entire system never made sense to me, how the hell can one be innocent of criminal charges, but legally responsible for the same charge..

i believe a criminal charge of rape in this case is harder to prove in this instance. she wasn't forcibly raped. unwanted touching or some form of coercion is the issue. i am not sure but this may have something to do with her civil rights being violated?

this is terrible for the knicks.

Still makes little sense, if she was drugged or drunk, how do you know for sure the drugs or drinks was forced down her throat, or, if she took it on her own accord, she's responsible for her own actions, she doesn't get a pass because she wasn't in her right mind at the time.

Thats like giving a drugged up drunk driver a pass, cause he wasn't in his right mind when he mowed down a family of 4.

Either way, it's really ridiculous and stupid of Rose to let this go as far as it has come, I don't care if she was the Hoe of the week, or St Mary, this thing going super public isn't good for business.

two things: (1) even if she wanted to get drunk, she may not have given consent to have sex with more than one male-- and her history of turning down of those sorts of requests from rose proves she may not have been willing under any conditions. (2) your example of a drunk driver is flawed because it paints the drunk driver as a victim of his drunkenness rather than the people he mowed down with his car.

mreinman

9/18/2016  3:42 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I think similar to needing a filter with the ny media, if it isn't submitted in a court document consider the motivation behind why it is out there and proceed accordingly.

you dodged the question.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/18/2016  4:55 PM
callmened wrote:I don't know whether there was consent or not.
I don't know what happened that night...that's up to a jury to decide

But to me rose's actions or thought process are disgusting whether there was consent or not

From what I understand, the girl begged to be his girlfriend. Rose broke up with her cuz she wouldn't let his friends have sex with her. Rose basically said if you don't let my friends have sex with you then we won't be a couple. THAT'S CRAZY!!! Now the rest is up to a jury. Sounds like they all got drunk and something went down...was it consented or not. I don't know.

I just think having a girl and wanting your friends to also sleep with her is CRAZY!!!!!!

From what I've read it doesn't seem like Rose EVER considered her anything more than a sex partner. Nothing I've read sounds like a normal committed relationship based on love and respect. She willingly dealt with him knowing what he was like. I'm not going to moralize about the behavior just because I don't agree with it. That's you're own personal choice. It seems clear she chose to deal with Rose knowing what kind of man he was and what his friends were like. They didn't hide their desires from her and her friend knew it too.

Now as for what happened that night the 2nd time they got together, she doesn't even know exactly what happened and she wasn't forced to get drunk or to text Rose to come over. She was lucid enough to text Rose after she got home and tell him she wanted him to come to her. The whole thing is a mess and it's not cut and dry the way some are trying to make it seem.

To those Knicks fans dismissing Rose's rape case...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy