Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

9/28/2016  1:23 PM
earthmansurfer wrote:
holfresh wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
holfresh wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
holfresh wrote:Anyone saw 60 minutes???..The Cold War is on full bore..US B2 bombers making runs to Russia over the last year..Each B2 bomber capable of carrying 40,000 lbs of nuclear weapons..We wanted to send a message after Crimea and Ukraine..Crazy stuff, a bit shocking to be honest..Appearently Putin thinks he can use nuclear weapon on a small ex-society NATO state and we are showing him what's possible..One of our nuclear subs are carrying more nukes than some nuclear states..

You make it sound like someone can actually win one of these wars. Heck, we can't even win conventional wars in the middle East.
Let's just stick to our business and try to get America back on track and stop worrying about Ukraine, etc.

And regarding Putin/Russia, they probably don't like the missile offensive (or do we call it defensive?) shield surrounding them, just as we wouldn't want it surrounding us.

We have to learn to get along and not buy into this BS military spending fear campaign. Life is pretty good once you stop watching their news and stop buying into their fear campaign.

Peace out

I was actually trying to spur conversation about a very serious topic in the backdrop of the presidential debate..I'm not sure how you deduce I'm a proponent of nuclear war..Like it or not these issues are real and current..The next president will have to manage the Cold War and our relationship with Russia..I don't think the candidate mentioning Rosie O'Donnell at a presidential debate is qualified to manage our nuclear arsenal...Getting America back on track??.We are still the most dynamic economy on the planet and our growth numbers 1.5/2% is largely due to global growth than our economy..

If you are really a patriot of the United States..Cleary he is unqualified..How do you put party politics ahead of the good of the country and talk about getting the country on track??..Trump is dangerously naive and unprepared...If he doesn't care enough to prepare for a debate why would he do the necessary study of material needed to run this country after becoming president..He is a narcissist..

He mocked the debate preparation process by saying he was at the Westchester Country Club eating cheeseburgers..Do we understand what's at stake here?

You sound too much like ra ra pom pom when it comes to Clinton or the US. We need to all get along is what I'm saying. With nuclear war, there is no us vs them and where did I say you were a proponent? You certainly sound like "we showed them". There are a few who survive, we all lose. Get over "we showed them..." types of mentality. It is a dog and pony show.

I'm not a patriot of the US, I'm a Earthling and see myself as just another person. Patriotism and Nationalism got us into most of these problems.

So, something to think about. I'm so deathly afraid of Clinton being president that I would rather have an underqualified (can't say unqualified cause if Bush could be president, honestly, anyone one of us could.) Trump knows business, Clinton knows politics. I still don't want her anywhere near a red button. Thank God for checks and balances though, regarding either of them. I still think, economically speaking, Trump would be much better for the US. We all know how Bill sold the Chinese, was it nuclear secrets or the like? What a team we'll have in the white house and her main concern, imo, will be fullfilling favors and getting richer. She's in the club, don't you see it?

Speaking of what is at stake, Do you want a woman who is on all kinds of drugs just so she can function? She is sick. And outside of her physical problems, more than one person has come out and defined here as not a very stable person.
Seriously, you are like the Nixluva of Clinton, that is how you come across. She can do no wrong. This is Pepsi or Coke...

When the voting takes place, I'm going to be interested in the exit polls, cause the last few years they suddenly stopped "working".

You assessment of my comments continues to be way off..I have said multiple times in this very thread as well, I don't care for Clinton, yet you claim I cheer for her..Puzzling

I referred to the US flying B2 bombers to Russia as "Crazy stuff, and a bit shocking", yet you say I was selling the message "We showed them"..
I know facts isn't a strong suit for republicans but for our discussions, let's try to stick to them especially when it comes to accusations...Deal??

It is true I am a Patriot of the US..I put the country's interest ahead of all party politics...I also put the US interest ahead of other countries because I live here...Patriotism didn't get us in this mess internationally, Republicans got us in this mess and Tramp wants to put ground troops in Iraq again....

You seems to be concerned with rhetoric you tend to hear on obscure websites that Bill Clinton sold nuclear secrets to the Chinese???..Come on, let engage in serious, known quantity events, from known quantity sources, can we??
So here is my challenge to you..The stock market sold off when Tramp's polls numbers pulled even to Clinton on Friday and was bought back after Clinton won the debate..What do you know that the rest of the planet doesn't know about Tramp???

And as for Tramp's business acumen..His businesses went bankrupt six times, not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, but yes, SIX times...And you think he should lead this country based on his business acumen...He took over his father business in 1974 valued at 40 million dollars...If he liquidated his company's assets and bought the S&P 500 index, his portfolio would be valued at 4.266 billion today...Tramp is estimated to be worth less than 1 billion dollars in some quarters..He has under performed all his life, he under performed in the debate...By contrast, Mike Bloomberg started Bloomberg LP in 1981 from scratch, off his own sweat, and now his net worth is 44.5 billion dollars...That is a guy you would want to lead this country if business acumen was your sole criteria, and who did he endorse???????..I hold a higher standard for my Presidents by the way..Are you a better judge of business acumen than Bloomberg????Bloomberg spoke about Tramp's business acumen, you should look it up...

P.S. And he hasn't built anything in the last decade, he is now in the business of selling his name to projects...

Continues? I haven't read the full 80 pages, I jump in and out and was replying to the post I quoted but also noted, as have others, that you seem to cheerlead for Hillary and I don't get it. This really is a lesser of two evils race. And yes you said "crazy" but followed that with "Appearently Putin thinks he can use nuclear weapon on a small ex-society NATO state and we are showing him what's possible..One of our nuclear subs are carrying more nukes than some nuclear states.." That is like saying "my sword is bigger than yours." No harm in that, but that is what I was talking about. Not meaning to pick on you, really.

Your ideas on Patriotism are dangerous. You can't put yourself ahead of others, we are on equal ground and share the planet. I'm an American living in Europe (not why I made the last comment either) and see we need to get along in a big way.

Obscure sites, well, considering the ties of the Clintons to big media, yeah, you will not here it on CNN, FOX, etc, much, maybe in passing.
But a simple search reveals a lot, for starters. http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/940025/posts
The cocain trade through Arkansas while Clinton was governor is so crystal clear. That family is just bad news and dark.
And going to Amazon.com and putting in "Clinton" reveals a host of other dark things. These 2 people are not one of us. They serve higher masters, for lack of a better word.
Maybe Trump does to, but I feel he is a loose cannon, not under their control, but who knows.

And sorry, some things you won't find on mainstream, because, well, their in the same club.

You mention rhetoric and then say Tramp, why not say Hitlery too? lol

I don't doubt Trump is gonna have problems, but he is not, for a lack of a better word, evil. Honestly, I and many others, just plain do not trust the Clintons. They are not here for us.
Luckily we have some form of a democracy left, and perhaps Trump can create enough chaos to disrupt the system. Not the answer, but what are our choices? More of the same?

earthmansurfer: as an American living abroad, it makes your perspective more understandable. I am leaning more towards Clinton as this goes on. A Trump presidency is untenable.

You are abroad and safe from American white Christian nationalists that Trump is emboldening. You may be afraid of foreign policy implications of Clinton, I am frightened at the domestic implications of Trump: supporting stop and frisk, psychos like Guiliani and Joe Arapaio in his corner, demonization of Muslims, Mexicans, etc.

This is a real concern. Look at the violence at his rallies the past year. There is a dark underbelly in the US I'm sure you are glad to have an ocean away.

I supported Bernie, was fairly cold on Clinton. But that debate performance crystalized something. He is a danger to our standing abroad and our safety at home, I really believe that. If there is enough people in this country to elect this idiot, we are all in trouble. But we'll catch hell here before you will.

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
AUTOADVERT
Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
9/28/2016  1:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/28/2016  1:26 PM
Another Conservative Newspaper endorses Hillary.

This is for all of the traditional Republicans on Ultimate Knicks - It is time to acknowledge the disaster that is Donald Trump for President. He is not really a Republican and he is not Conservative.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/arizona-republic-endorses-hillary-clinton-130844433.html

"The Arizona Republic endorsed Hillary Clinton on Tuesday night, becoming the latest traditionally Republican newspaper to back the Democratic nominee.

In a passionate editorial, the largest newspaper in Arizona argued that Republican Donald Trump was fundamentally unfit for the presidency. It was the first time the Republic had endorsed a Democrat.

“Trump’s inability to control himself or be controlled by others represents a real threat to our national security. His recent efforts to stay on script are not reassuring. They are phony. The president commands our nuclear arsenal. Trump can’t command his own rhetoric,” the paper opined.

“Being the leader of the free world requires a sense of propriety that Trump lacks,” it added.

The Republic’s editorial heaped praise on Clinton, who it says “retains her centrist roots” despite tacking left during the Democratic primary. “Clinton retains her composure under pressure. She’s tough. She doesn’t back down,” it argued. “Trump responds to criticism with the petulance of verbal spit wads.”

The endorsement is especially notable because the Republic has always backed Republicans for president.

“Since The Arizona Republic began publication in 1890, we have never endorsed a Democrat over a Republican for president. Never. This reflects a deep philosophical appreciation for conservative ideals and Republican principles. This year is different. The 2016 Republican candidate is not conservative and he is not qualified,” the editorial said.

Other Republican-leaning newspaper editorial boards have also recently thrown their support to Clinton.

At the end of last week, the Cincinnati Enquirer endorsed Clinton while noting that it had “supported Republicans for president for almost a century.” The paper continued: “But this is not a traditional race, and these are not traditional times. Our country needs calm, thoughtful leadership to deal with the challenges we face at home and abroad. We need a leader who will bring out the best in all Americans, not the worst.”

And earlier this month, the Dallas Morning News announced that for the first time in 75 years, it was backing a Democrat for president. “Resume vs. resume, judgment vs. judgment, this election is no contest,” the paper wrote in its Sept. 7 editorial, a day after publishing a scathing anti-Trump opinion piece.

“Trump is — or has been — at odds with nearly every GOP ideal this newspaper holds dear,” the earlier editorial said. “Donald Trump is no Republican and certainly no conservative.” "

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
DrAlphaeus

9/28/2016  1:27 PM
I don't understand how someone who doesn't favor nationalism is more ok with Trump whose nationalism is as clear as the hat on his head.

Who doubts the citizenship of a natural born president so he stays in front of the cameras and crowds he's addicted to.

Hate Hillary because she's a reptilian or whatever. But don't be "ok" with Trump getting in in her stead. Christ, man.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/28/2016  1:36 PM
Trumps trajectory given his deficiencies are a far greater potential than anything he has done in the past.
Either deliberate or not, the magnification of those deficiencies has consequences.
He seems to monetize most issues.
What if countries choose not to pay, does the consequesnces of a NATO break up matter? Sure does.
Calling out a former miss universe is one thing, but how does that translate into an ability when attempting diplomacy. He lied thru his teeth about his visit with the Mexican president.
The man wins polls that does not exist, is just a small fraction of his lies, but if president it will be magnified.
DrAlphaeus

9/28/2016  1:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/28/2016  1:50 PM
Nalod wrote:Trumps trajectory given his deficiencies are a far greater potential than anything he has done in the past.
Either deliberate or not, the magnification of those deficiencies has consequences.
He seems to monetize most issues.
What if countries choose not to pay, does the consequesnces of a NATO break up matter? Sure does.
Calling out a former miss universe is one thing, but how does that translate into an ability when attempting diplomacy. He lied thru his teeth about his visit with the Mexican president.
The man wins polls that does not exist, is just a small fraction of his lies, but if president it will be magnified.

At least with Clinton — in theory — she will heed the mandate from whomever puts the most pressure on her. Thus far, it's been big money. Bernie did an admirable job pushing her to positions I support. What needs to happen if she is elected is continued pressure from an engaged electorate. Of course that feels like talking about what cookies we should bake for Santa Claus when upthread people are worried Americans hear too many big words that frighten their shallow little brains.

So if I don't "trust" Hillary, I trust that she will be an ally and work with people I actually trust. But if the will of the people is Trump... apparently the stupidity of the American people will have not been overstated.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
9/28/2016  2:05 PM
DrAlphaeus wrote:I don't understand how someone who doesn't favor nationalism is more ok with Trump whose nationalism is as clear as the hat on his head.

Who doubts the citizenship of a natural born president so he stays in front of the cameras and crowds he's addicted to.

Hate Hillary because she's a reptilian or whatever. But don't be "ok" with Trump getting in in her stead. Christ, man.

You haven't heard Briggs or Guns enough... Trump just "gets it." (despite what he says, does, has said in the past, has done in the past or has promised to do in the future).

As I like neither candidate I have sat backed and watched this start to unfold. The thing that draws me in is the willingless of so many people to follow Trump regardless of any substance or history what so ever. That makes the dislike for Hillary really eye opening. I really don't like her or trust her. I wish I knew what her real drive was. Maybe to be the most powerful woman in the world. Who knows. If she does nothing but toe the party line and appoints a liberal supreme court justice its an epic win over the damage that Don will inflict. The debate was telling.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
DrAlphaeus

9/28/2016  2:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/28/2016  2:27 PM
fishmike wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:I don't understand how someone who doesn't favor nationalism is more ok with Trump whose nationalism is as clear as the hat on his head.

You haven't heard Briggs or Guns enough... Trump just "gets it." (despite what he says, does, has said in the past, has done in the past or has promised to do in the future).

As I like neither candidate I have sat backed and watched this start to unfold. The thing that draws me in is the willingless of so many people to follow Trump regardless of any substance or history what so ever. That makes the dislike for Hillary really eye opening. I really don't like her or trust her. I wish I knew what her real drive was. Maybe to be the most powerful woman in the world. Who knows. If she does nothing but toe the party line and appoints a liberal supreme court justice its an epic win over the damage that Don will inflict. The debate was telling.

I imagine that for a woman like her with her own ambitions who channeled that into the career of her husband, and you see what he and they were able to accomplish, she's like: my turn! I want my face in front instead of the back. And I don't think that is a bad thing in an of itself, nor is ambition if it is at least tempered with the idea of service. I mean you aren't going to choose that if you are a shrinking violet.

But just like in the debate when she said I'm going to get blamed for everything, and Trump's dickish answer is "why not?" And it seems like he was speaking for the entire right wing. Why not blame her for everything under the sun. Just like they did with Obama. They either have done "everything wrong" or "done nothing right". Well by now, they've been crying wolf, who knows what is actually correct. The Arkansas cocaine trade? Vince Foster? On and on... Jesus. I have conspiracy fatigue. I just don't want to get jumped by neo-Nazis in a parking lot because a Trump bumper sticker becomes the new Confederate flag.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
9/28/2016  3:08 PM
my two cents...and it's only worth two cents...

trump has tapped into the existing racist and sexist behavior and beliefs that are still a huge part of the country. whether that behavior is at a conscious or subconscious level in each person doesn't matter, it's still there and it's been awoken. this is quite the contrast to 8 years ago when the country was ready for a non-white person to become president.

people of color and women seem to be lumped in together and obama is looking more like the "token/affirmative action" president. ok colored folks and women...you had your fun for the last 8 years, now it's time for the real people to run the country again.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/28/2016  3:28 PM
Trump is Biff
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

9/28/2016  3:46 PM
Nalod wrote:Trump is Biff

Yes!!!..I was just saying the same thing a week ago...
DrAlphaeus

9/28/2016  3:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/28/2016  4:18 PM
It's easy to just call Trump supporters stupid... I'm trying not to do that and be fair but it's getting ridiculous after that debate performance.

I understand why some people feel aggrieved and want to overturn the apple cart with Trump. He's "not a politician" and "politically incorrect"... Just feels like "politically incorrect" is the politically correct way to be a dick! And "not being a politician" is not an excuse to not study and appear prepared to do the very much political job of president!

holfresh

9/28/2016  4:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/28/2016  4:04 PM
Donald Trump keeps asking foreign leaders for money. The latest: Vicente Fox.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/09/26/donald-trump-keeps-asking-foreign-leaders-for-money-the-latest-vicente-fox/
DrAlphaeus

9/28/2016  4:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/28/2016  4:17 PM
That VP debate on the 4th may be the best chance to get an idea of what a Pence Trump administration will be. Because Trump is just a cipher, Pence will be really in charge of policy it seems to me.
holfresh

9/28/2016  4:10 PM
CNN reporting that Trump thought he won the debate and his advisors are quietly trying to tell him he didn't have a good night....Delusional...Hilarious...
DrAlphaeus

9/28/2016  4:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/28/2016  4:12 PM
holfresh wrote:Donald Trump keeps asking foreign leaders for money. The latest: Vicente Fox.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/09/26/donald-trump-keeps-asking-foreign-leaders-for-money-the-latest-vicente-fox/

Or was that just a fundraising letter sent to "whales" trying to keep his casino afloat?

I can't put much stock in Vicente Fox's own nationalism, just because he got himself on an email list.

Hiring Trump as the head of the government when he doesn't have much respect for except as a way to game his bottom line is like when W made John Bolton, a UN hater, UN ambassador. Why have him run an institution he doesn't have respect for?

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
9/28/2016  4:27 PM
djsunyc wrote:my two cents...and it's only worth two cents...

trump has tapped into the existing racist and sexist behavior and beliefs that are still a huge part of the country. whether that behavior is at a conscious or subconscious level in each person doesn't matter, it's still there and it's been awoken. this is quite the contrast to 8 years ago when the country was ready for a non-white person to become president.

people of color and women seem to be lumped in together and obama is looking more like the "token/affirmative action" president. ok colored folks and women...you had your fun for the last 8 years, now it's time for the real people to run the country again.

1.5 cents... but your in the discussion.

I would say in hindsight the country was not ready at all. No president has dealt with a more venomous and toxic political environment than Obama. He just crushed the competition so people almost had no choice... and he's likable. However once the term started we saw quite often how unready for a black POTUS we were. Despite the trashing the dude was always pure class

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/28/2016  6:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/28/2016  6:23 PM
Trump increase nation wide lead over Hillary 46.7 to 42.7 per la times. Like I said watch the polls. Here's my take. Whether your white black Chinese Spanish the status quo for the majority of people has stagnated miserably and they see Hillary as a pure fake. And while Trump is an obnoxious narcissist I think people do believe in a majority that he will focus on things that have gone south in the us. I think he tries to talk to and with the people Hillary is just putrid. Anyone who watched that debate and came away with anything other than she sounded like she memorized an 11 the grade test and came prepared to smear is foolin themselevea
RIP Crushalot😞
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/28/2016  6:32 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Trump increase nation wide lead over Hillary 46.7 to 42.7 per la times. Like I said watch the polls. Here's my take. Whether your white black Chinese Spanish the status quo for the majority of people has stagnated miserably and they see Hillary as a pure fake. And while Trump is an obnoxious narcissist I think people do believe in a majority that he will focus on things that have gone south in the us. I think he tries to talk to and with the people Hillary is just putrid. Anyone who watched that debate and came away with anything other than she sounded like she memorized an 11 the grade test and came prepared to smear is foolin themselevea

I thought we were basing the election off of lawn signs? Now this?!?!

You keep pointing to any and all polls, I can't keep up. Unscientific internet polls, Trump CNBC polls, CT lawn sign polls

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
holfresh

9/28/2016  7:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/28/2016  7:10 PM
LATime/USC Tracking has always had Trump leading Hillary from the beginning..So Trump increase his lead by 1...Yawn...
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
9/28/2016  7:16 PM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Trump increase nation wide lead over Hillary 46.7 to 42.7 per la times. Like I said watch the polls. Here's my take. Whether your white black Chinese Spanish the status quo for the majority of people has stagnated miserably and they see Hillary as a pure fake. And while Trump is an obnoxious narcissist I think people do believe in a majority that he will focus on things that have gone south in the us. I think he tries to talk to and with the people Hillary is just putrid. Anyone who watched that debate and came away with anything other than she sounded like she memorized an 11 the grade test and came prepared to smear is foolin themselevea

I thought we were basing the election off of lawn signs? Now this?!?!

You keep pointing to any and all polls, I can't keep up. Unscientific internet polls, Trump CNBC polls, CT lawn sign polls

Just saw a segment on the local news about lawn signs. Trump/Pence signs being given away for free at local GOP headquarters. Meanwhile, Hillary signs are understocked in NY since it's more or less a lock. The offices that have them still charge for them, but you'll most likely have to order one from her website.

I'd have to imagine a similar situation in CT.

Where the heck is Hillary Clinton?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy