Where the heck is Hillary Clinton?
Topic LOCKED
Author Thread
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

9/1/2016  10:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/1/2016  10:41 PM
arkrud wrote:
nixluva wrote:I'll tell you what the problem is! Most African Americans still live in the Black Belt, which are the former Slave holding states. The cities and towns have been run by the same power structure since before the Civil War and after Reconstruction 1870's. They've kept things the way they always have been using local government and police. I live in the Deep South and I can tell you NOTHING has really changed. They just recently had their first Senior Prom that wasn't segregated in many towns down here!!! You have no idea how things really are outside the Blue State Cities.

What do you think about hypothetical situation is we will create all black state... All non-African American will move out and African American will move in.
No white policing, no white/asian businesses, no institutional racism... Will this sate be a great place to live for African American people?

America has been working well as a country of inclusion and diversity. It's not perfect but doesn't mean we shouldn't strive to be perfect. If your hypothesis was consistent with the percentage of the population then it would take about 6/7 states to accomplish this...If these states also includes the institutionalized benefits of hundreds of years of free slave labor, I think it would be an awesome place to live in the end like many European states. Sports and entertainment could be exported nationally and globally...Just make sure we have a few states where we can drill oil and have natural gas...Interesting, but what will the Kardashians do??

AUTOADVERT
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

9/1/2016  11:30 PM
holfresh wrote:Trump foundation "donates" $25,000 to Florida attorney general campaign to make Trump University fraud allegations go away..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/09/01/trump-pays-irs-a-penalty-for-his-foundation-violating-rules-with-gift-to-florida-attorney-general/

Donald Trump paid the IRS a $2,500 penalty this year, an official at Trump's company said, after it was revealed that Trump's charitable foundation had violated tax laws by giving a political contribution to a campaign group connected to Florida's attorney general.

The improper donation, a $25,000 gift from the Donald J. Trump Foundation, was made in 2013. At the time, Attorney General Pam Bondi was considering whether to investigate fraud allegations against Trump University. She decided not to pursue the case.

Earlier this year, The Washington Post and a liberal watchdog group raised new questions about the three-year-old gift. The watchdog group, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, filed a complaint with the IRS — noting that, as a registered nonprofit, the Trump Foundation was not allowed to make political donations.

The Post reported another error, which had the effect of obscuring the political gift from the IRS.

In that year's tax filings, The Post reported, the Trump Foundation did not notify the IRS of this political donation. Instead, Trump's foundation listed a donation — also for $25,000 — to a Kansas charity with a name similar to that of Bondi's political group. In fact, Trump's foundation had not given the Kansas group any money.

The prohibited gift was, in effect, replaced with an innocent-sounding but nonexistent donation.

Trump's business said it was unaware of any of these mistakes until March, when it heard from the watchdog group and The Post.

On Thursday, Jeffrey McConney — senior vice president and controller at the Trump Organization — said that after being notified, Trump filed paperwork informing the IRS of the political gift and paid an excise tax equal to 10 percent of its value.

McConney said that Trump had also personally reimbursed the Trump Foundation for $25,000, covering the full value of the improper gift. McConney blamed a series of mistakes, all of them unintentional. McConney said there had been no attempt to deceive.

"It was just an honest mistake," McConney said. He added: "It wasn’t done intentionally to hide a political donation, it was just an error."

Think about the response if Clinton had done this...

He also gave some money to someone in Texas.

The biggest joke around today is that the media is pro-Clinton, because if they were, they would be ripping Trump apart on this story, his outsourcing, his exploitative modeling agency, much more.

And oh yeah, on September 9 there is a hearing on his rape case.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

9/2/2016  12:04 AM
I do my political fighting elsewhere on the internet...not going crazy here.

The Trump campaign is ALL about the racial and religious balance in the nation, and the changes taking place in the populace. They are scared ****less

You are talking about McCarthy like pre-loyalty tests for new immigrants and the kind of restrictions we saw in the late 19th and early 20th centuries directed against groups like the Chinese.

Guy is one of the biggest grifter/con men we've every had running for office...maybe the biggest. You saw him call the Mexicans coming into the U.S. victims while he was in Mexico...and then bring up some folks who were victims of illegal alien crimes in Phoenix and using the same rhetoric he used in the primaries.

And on Saturday he's now being "interviewed" by an African-Am pastor, only we now know it is a SCRIPTED interview...almost like an infomercial! Funny thing, though- I bet that I, an atheist, would kick his ass in a debate about the Bible, because you can bet that he knows as much about that book as he does about the Constitution.

It is really kind of pathetic how some have fallen for this guy...a classic Big Lie...blame the other for what you are doing liar and hypocrite.

He is make George Bush look a lot better with his pandering to racists and "know nothing" xenophobes, and I have to that folks who look at him as some sort of a messianic figure are in a reality I want to have no part of.

Sad thing is that he is no true populist, and he would have nothing to do with any of you unless it was for a photo op because he has no time for you.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
9/2/2016  12:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/2/2016  12:26 AM
Candidate tax returns won't get us killed. Classified emails on a personal AOL account, going back to bed during Bengazi and releasing violent criminals and untiring police will without question
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/2/2016  1:56 AM
arkrud wrote:
nixluva wrote:I'll tell you what the problem is! Most African Americans still live in the Black Belt, which are the former Slave holding states. The cities and towns have been run by the same power structure since before the Civil War and after Reconstruction 1870's. They've kept things the way they always have been using local government and police. I live in the Deep South and I can tell you NOTHING has really changed. They just recently had their first Senior Prom that wasn't segregated in many towns down here!!! You have no idea how things really are outside the Blue State Cities.

What do you think about hypothetical situation is we will create all black state... All non-African American will move out and African American will move in.
No white policing, no white/asian businesses, no institutional racism... Will this sate be a great place to live for African American people?

Wow! You really are uninformed! White people forced Blacks to live separate and apart. After the Civil War Blacks were the Majority in many of the southern states but they didn't exact mass revenge on White people. They simply wanted to make lives for themselves and live in peace but that's not what the Whites did.

Do you realize that every time Blacks started to do better after the Civil War racist Whites would destroy their communities? The White society created laws to keep the former slaves in a subservient condition. Perhaps you should learn something about Ameican history before you run your mouth.

black wall street
Black Wall Street: A Legacy of Success
Today’s Black entrepreneurs expand upon the foundation paved by 1920s pioneers
by Fred Williams, February 24, 2014
Comments

Black America’s most eminent historian Dr. John Hope Franklin often told his students that the past is prologue to the future. His message was essentially a lesson for all of us to examine our history and connect it to our present day lives. Using his aphorism as the method for my research to write my first novel Fires of Greenwood: The Tulsa Riots of 1921, I found that there are many similarities between the successes of Black Americans in the business world today and the accomplishments of an earlier generation in what became known as Black Wall Street. Though the White rioters' envy and terrorism of the Black Mecca in Tulsa claimed 300 Black lives and left 9,000 others homeless, out of the Greenwood area of Tulsa emerged a great legacy of success. Today, businessmen and women walk in the shadow of those early pioneers who, only fifty years after emancipation, built a self-sustaining community.

Before there was influential community leader Herman J. Russell, one of the most successful businessmen in Atlanta, Georgia, there was O. W. Gurley, also a very successful businessman and a community leader of Tulsa in 1921. Gurley was considered a pioneer who first opened a grocery store in 1905 to service the Black community. Gurley then bought tracts of undeveloped land and constructed homes for sale and rent to Blacks migrating to Tulsa from the Deep South. He ultimately built one of the finest hotels in the city. Dr. W.E.B. Du Bois stayed at his hotel when he visited there in 1921.

Before there was R. Donohue Peeples, owner of the Royal Palm Crowne Plaza, the second largest hotel on South Beach in Miami, Florida, there was John B. Stradford, who built the luxurious 54-room Stradford Hotel, considered at the time, the finest Black owned hotel in the country. Stradford also owned fifteen rental houses and an apartment building. He believed that if Blacks pooled their resources and spent within their community, they could become self-sufficient and thus achieve some independence. Stradford’s strategy was so successful that he became the richest Black man in Tulsa. There is no question if the White rioters hadn’t destroyed all of his property, he probably would have left a substantial fortune to his children and grandchildren. Instead, after the riot, he had to flee the city and ended up in Chicago where he died a disappointed man in 1935.

Before there was Lisa Price, the proud founder of Carol’s Daughter, a $50 million business featuring beauty products, for more than twenty years, there was Mabel Little, owner of Little Rose Beauty Salon, located right in the heart of the business district in Greenwood. Just as Lisa Price started out with a meager amount of investment money, so did Mabel. When she left Boley, Oklahoma for Tulsa, she had a total of one dollar and fifty cents in her pocket. For the first few years, Mabel cleaned motel rooms and saved her money. By 1915, she started washing, straightening and waving hair, a skill she learned from her aunt. Soon, her shop was filled with customers, especially on Thursdays, because that night was “Maid’s Night Out” in Greenwood. All the young ladies who worked in White homes during the week, looked forward to Thursday night when they could strut their stuff down Greenwood Avenue. Mabel made it much easier for them when they climbed into her chair to get her magic touch. She lost her beauty parlor, her and her husband’s restaurant next door and some rental property as a result of the White riots.

Before there was the extraordinarily successful couple, Alex and Feysen Lodde, owners of the nation’s largest transportation contracting firm, there was John and Loula Williams. The Williamses were early pioneers in the Greenwood business community. John Williams was an exceptionally skilled mechanic and White customers brought their vehicles to his shop to be serviced. From the profits made at the auto shop, the couple constructed a three-story building with a popular confectionery on the street level, residential quarters on the second floor, and rented the third floor to attorneys. The Williams Confectionery became the most popular hang out for the young, and it was believed there were more proposals for marriage that happened at the popular soda fountain than any other place in the city. Right next to the confectionery they built the eight hundred seat Dreamland Motion Picture Theater. All three of their businesses were destroyed during that dreadful morning on June 1, 1921.

Finally, before there was Dr. Ben Carson there was Dr. Andrew Jackson, recognized as the finest and most competent Black surgeon in the country. A graduate of MeHarry Medical School, he was the son of a former slave who believed that his son’s accomplishments were proof that the race had progressed and was on the right track to equality –that is until Dr. Jackson was murdered by the mob in his front yard. Because he resided in a very affluent neighborhood, the penalty for his success was death.

The men and women of the Greenwood section in Tulsa, Oklahoma can serve as models of outstanding business acumen, and evidence that the race has always overcome tremendous odds and accomplished great feats long before the contemporary civil rights movement opened doors for the successful businesses of today. We must never lose track or forget the greatness of those who went before us, and always keep in mind Franklin’s admonition that the past is prologue to the future.
http://www.ebony.com/black-history/black-wall-street-a-legacy-of-success-798#ixzz4J4ejYTzP

Another informative article on Black Banks.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/08/the-end-of-black-wall-street/498074/

earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
9/2/2016  5:18 AM
Looking at what the Wikileaks documents show, Hitlary Clinton should be in Prison right now and Nothing has happened. Seems like the corruption is across the board. But the worst is to come, so hopefully she ends up in jail (or the hospital - health concerns).

I just don't want her in the White house as that will be A GUARANTEED WWIII. She will go in Iran and is already pointing the finger at Russia for the leaks instead of talking about the leaks. It has already come out that she is the reason for going in Libya (against upper military leader suggestions)and helping to destabilize the area - see Wikileaks.) The email server thing is just a blatant breaking of the law and the FBI comes out and says "No bad intent". Since when is that their job? And they even acknowledge she used professional software to clean the drives. Must be good intent for the next owner.

Regarding Trump, he is a stick of dynamite for sure. He speaks his mind and then some. Do I want him as President? Well, I don't want Hillary and as corrupt as the whole political system is, I think he might be our only chance. And then again it might blow up in our faces. But for sure with Hillary, it will be over. She is one sick cat, her hubby too. And the death list of 50 or so people with Clinton ties is just scary, most recently with the DNC leaker meeting his end.

Regarding Trump helping out Black people (or people for that matter), the one thing I've heard talk of is the no taxes for those making less than 25k, 50k for dual income. I hope we eventually get a president who is good hearted and helps ALL PEOPLE.

In a nutshell - Pepsi or Coke. We never seem to have a choice.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

9/2/2016  10:11 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Candidate tax returns won't get us killed. Classified emails on a personal AOL account, going back to bed during Bengazi and releasing violent criminals and untiring police will without question

From my earlier post, re: sociological observations about trump supporters.

1.) Trump supporters can't seem to go a paragraph without talking about Clinton.
Even with his own supporters, there is an unwillingness or inability to endorse his candidacy on its own terms. It only works in contrast
Knickoftime

9/2/2016  10:13 AM
earthmansurfer wrote:I just don't want her in the White house as that will be A GUARANTEED WWIII.

Ummmmmm... okay.

Pretty bold prediction. If she wins, as she very likely will, you going to stick around for that?

DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

9/2/2016  10:18 AM
holfresh wrote:
arkrud wrote:

America has been working well as a country of inclusion and diversity. It's not perfect but doesn't mean we shouldn't strive to be perfect. If your hypothesis was consistent with the percentage of the population then it would take about 6/7 states to accomplish this...If these states also includes the institutionalized benefits of hundreds of years of free slave labor, I think it would be an awesome place to live in the end like many European states. Sports and entertainment could be exported nationally and globally...Just make sure we have a few states where we can drill oil and have natural gas...Interesting, but what will the Kardashians do??

The image of the Kardashians huddled in a refugee camp awaiting entry into the Republic of New Afrika was worth the price of admission to this thread... hahaha...

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
9/2/2016  10:18 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:I just don't want her in the White house as that will be A GUARANTEED WWIII.

Ummmmmm... okay.

Pretty bold prediction. If she wins, as she very likely will, you going to stick around for that?

I'm in Germany and don't feel any safer. Really, she is the reason we went in Libya. It was her decision against professional upper Military men. (Wikileaks docs)
She already turned the Wikileaks things around, from being about her to it being about Russia.

Just looking at the number of deaths connected with both Clintons, it is absolutely scary. Mind you, I don't think Trump is the answer.
And as I said before, we have bigger problems. Hillary should be in prison right now - any of us would be. Obviously the corruption runs deep.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
DrAlphaeus

9/2/2016  10:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/2/2016  10:26 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Candidate tax returns won't get us killed. Classified emails on a personal AOL account, going back to bed during Bengazi and releasing violent criminals and untiring police will without question

From my earlier post, re: sociological observations about trump supporters.

1.) Trump supporters can't seem to go a paragraph without talking about Clinton.
Even with his own supporters, there is an unwillingness or inability to endorse his candidacy on its own terms. It only works in contrast

True, though to be fair it does work the other way. I don't want Clinton either, so I can't be too mad at people who distrust her after the email controversy, her family's foundation, her Wall Street speeches, etc. Many Clinton voters will be holding their nose.

I'm just disappointed at how misinformed, alarmist, reductionist, hyperbolic, and dishonest Trump supporters are being about this. Dude talks out both sides of his mouth and the only question they ask is what brand toothpaste he's using. He's dynamite that we hope won't blow up in our hands... like that's a good thing? Meanwhile "Hitlary" is the forerunner to the apocalypse and Obama apparently ain't done nothin' but watch League Pass for eight years.

Knickoftime

9/2/2016  10:32 AM
earthmansurfer wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Ummmmmm... okay.

I'm in Germany and don't feel any safer. Really, she is the reason we went in Libya. It was her decision against professional upper Military men. (Wikileaks docs)

No, it wasn't.

She was not commander in chief.

Hillary should be in prison right now - any of us would be. Obviously the corruption runs deep.

Specifically what on what charges?

Not even her political opponents are REALLY making that argument. It's used a a vague generality, but not even the GOP is really pressing that.

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
9/2/2016  11:10 AM
For me this is a choice between incompetent and crazy. If I had to choose between Clinton, Trump or Meatball, I would probably choose meatball. Between Trump and Cruz, I take Trump. Crazy is better than religious crazy. The travesty is the bias in the Sanders/Clinton primaries. I'm no socialist by any means, but I'd prefer socialist to incompetent and/or crazy. In my mind, Hillary does not deserve the honor of being the first female president. She is the Dilbert effect of politics embodied. Incompetent as lawyer... Senator it is...Incompetent as a senator? Make her Secretary of State. Incompetent as SoS? President it is... Incompetent as President... hmmm.

So, Trump or Clinton? Is "no thank you" still an option?

This is the Randle.
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

9/2/2016  11:48 AM
BRIGGS wrote:She never gives interviews--she has no policies. Its come to the point that her game plan is to bash Trump--thats it. Trump is right--exactly what has a democratic President done for African American or Hispanic sin the last 20 years---nothing. If African American blindly vote for Clinton because they are following others they are simply following the same path. If the same path dont complain about the outcome. I think Trump is such a narcissist that he wants to be known as someone who did a good job. This is the time AA and Hispanic leaders should go talk with Trump--because I think the guy will cut deals with minorities to help them and expand the job base. Despite some stupid rhetoric--I think he wanst to do a good job for everyone and its up to some of our minorities over the next 2 months to really think--do I want more of the same or WORSE--or maybe should we try a guy who will sincerely try to help us? Educated wealthy whites dont like Trump--they like status quo--wealthy educated whites who control the media and many jobs--those are the people who right now hold the election in their hands UNLESS minorities stop and think. If African Americans and His panics change their thought process and they have time--I think this guy will do much better for them. And we want to see improvement in the uS--not just for wealthy whites.

Are you for real BRIGGS? Trust Trump to do the "right" thing by minorities? Check out his prior moves before committing to your preposterous idea. Trump is a Class A narcissist. He cares only about what's best for Trump. He has hurt so many people (YES, minorities included) over his lifetime that making such a comparison with Democrats sounds outrageous. Come on, man. You're a smart dude. But this post makes you look trite and out of touch with reality.

DrAlphaeus

9/2/2016  11:50 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/2/2016  11:52 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:For me this is a choice between incompetent and crazy. If I had to choose between Clinton, Trump or Meatball, I would probably choose meatball. Between Trump and Cruz, I take Trump. Crazy is better than religious crazy. The travesty is the bias in the Sanders/Clinton primaries. I'm no socialist by any means, but I'd prefer socialist to incompetent and/or crazy. In my mind, Hillary does not deserve the honor of being the first female president. She is the Dilbert effect of politics embodied. Incompetent as lawyer... Senator it is...Incompetent as a senator? Make her Secretary of State. Incompetent as SoS? President it is... Incompetent as President... hmmm.

So, Trump or Clinton? Is "no thank you" still an option?

"No thank you" is definitely an option. You can walk in Election Day, ignore the top line and still vote down-ballot.

Like other people said upthread, the down-ballot races — state and local offices, school board, etc. — are likely more important in your day-to-day life and local community.

Every year I walk into a voting booth thinking I'm an informed citizen, and then sit there scratching my head at some obscure borough judicial post or state committee position that I didn't even know existed. Sometimes I just make a guess and pull a switch, but lately I just don't vote in contests I'm not informed in, or if there isn't anyone I can honestly support, even as a protest vote.

blkexec
Member: #748
9/2/2016  11:57 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/2/2016  11:59 AM
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:

Wow! You really are uninformed! White people forced Blacks to live separate and apart. After the Civil War Blacks were the Majority in many of the southern states but they didn't exact mass revenge on White people. They simply wanted to make lives for themselves and live in peace but that's not what the Whites did.

Do you realize that every time Blacks started to do better after the Civil War racist Whites would destroy their communities? The White society created laws to keep the former slaves in a subservient condition. Perhaps you should learn something about Ameican history before you run your mouth.

black wall street
Black Wall Street: A Legacy of Success
Today’s Black entrepreneurs expand upon the foundation paved by 1920s pioneers
by Fred Williams, February 24, 2014
Comments

Black America’s most eminent historian Dr. John Hope Franklin often told his students that the past is prologue to the future. His message was essentially a lesson for all of us to examine our history and connect it to our present day lives. Using his aphorism as the method for my research to write my first novel Fires of Greenwood: The Tulsa Riots of 1921, I found that there are many similarities between the successes of Black Americans in the business world today and the accomplishments of an earlier generation in what became known as Black Wall Street. Though the White rioters' envy and terrorism of the Black Mecca in Tulsa claimed 300 Black lives and left 9,000 others homeless, out of the Greenwood area of Tulsa emerged a great legacy of success. Today, businessmen and women walk in the shadow of those early pioneers who, only fifty years after emancipation, built a self-sustaining community.

Before there was influential community leader Herman J. Russell, one of the most successful businessmen in Atlanta, Georgia, there was O. W. Gurley, also a very successful businessman and a community leader of Tulsa in 1921. Gurley was considered a pioneer who first opened a grocery store in 1905 to service the Black community. Gurley then bought tracts of undeveloped land and constructed homes for sale and rent to Blacks migrating to Tulsa from the Deep South. He ultimately built one of the finest hotels in the city. Dr. W.E.B. Du Bois stayed at his hotel when he visited there in 1921.

Before there was R. Donohue Peeples, owner of the Royal Palm Crowne Plaza, the second largest hotel on South Beach in Miami, Florida, there was John B. Stradford, who built the luxurious 54-room Stradford Hotel, considered at the time, the finest Black owned hotel in the country. Stradford also owned fifteen rental houses and an apartment building. He believed that if Blacks pooled their resources and spent within their community, they could become self-sufficient and thus achieve some independence. Stradford’s strategy was so successful that he became the richest Black man in Tulsa. There is no question if the White rioters hadn’t destroyed all of his property, he probably would have left a substantial fortune to his children and grandchildren. Instead, after the riot, he had to flee the city and ended up in Chicago where he died a disappointed man in 1935.

Before there was Lisa Price, the proud founder of Carol’s Daughter, a $50 million business featuring beauty products, for more than twenty years, there was Mabel Little, owner of Little Rose Beauty Salon, located right in the heart of the business district in Greenwood. Just as Lisa Price started out with a meager amount of investment money, so did Mabel. When she left Boley, Oklahoma for Tulsa, she had a total of one dollar and fifty cents in her pocket. For the first few years, Mabel cleaned motel rooms and saved her money. By 1915, she started washing, straightening and waving hair, a skill she learned from her aunt. Soon, her shop was filled with customers, especially on Thursdays, because that night was “Maid’s Night Out” in Greenwood. All the young ladies who worked in White homes during the week, looked forward to Thursday night when they could strut their stuff down Greenwood Avenue. Mabel made it much easier for them when they climbed into her chair to get her magic touch. She lost her beauty parlor, her and her husband’s restaurant next door and some rental property as a result of the White riots.

Before there was the extraordinarily successful couple, Alex and Feysen Lodde, owners of the nation’s largest transportation contracting firm, there was John and Loula Williams. The Williamses were early pioneers in the Greenwood business community. John Williams was an exceptionally skilled mechanic and White customers brought their vehicles to his shop to be serviced. From the profits made at the auto shop, the couple constructed a three-story building with a popular confectionery on the street level, residential quarters on the second floor, and rented the third floor to attorneys. The Williams Confectionery became the most popular hang out for the young, and it was believed there were more proposals for marriage that happened at the popular soda fountain than any other place in the city. Right next to the confectionery they built the eight hundred seat Dreamland Motion Picture Theater. All three of their businesses were destroyed during that dreadful morning on June 1, 1921.

Finally, before there was Dr. Ben Carson there was Dr. Andrew Jackson, recognized as the finest and most competent Black surgeon in the country. A graduate of MeHarry Medical School, he was the son of a former slave who believed that his son’s accomplishments were proof that the race had progressed and was on the right track to equality –that is until Dr. Jackson was murdered by the mob in his front yard. Because he resided in a very affluent neighborhood, the penalty for his success was death.

The men and women of the Greenwood section in Tulsa, Oklahoma can serve as models of outstanding business acumen, and evidence that the race has always overcome tremendous odds and accomplished great feats long before the contemporary civil rights movement opened doors for the successful businesses of today. We must never lose track or forget the greatness of those who went before us, and always keep in mind Franklin’s admonition that the past is prologue to the future.
http://www.ebony.com/black-history/black-wall-street-a-legacy-of-success-798#ixzz4J4ejYTzP

Another informative article on Black Banks.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/08/the-end-of-black-wall-street/498074/

+1

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/2/2016  12:36 PM
BRIGGS wrote:She never gives interviews--she has no policies. Its come to the point that her game plan is to bash Trump--thats it. Trump is right--exactly what has a democratic President done for African American or Hispanic sin the last 20 years---nothing. If African American blindly vote for Clinton because they are following others they are simply following the same path. If the same path dont complain about the outcome. I think Trump is such a narcissist that he wants to be known as someone who did a good job. This is the time AA and Hispanic leaders should go talk with Trump--because I think the guy will cut deals with minorities to help them and expand the job base. Despite some stupid rhetoric--I think he wanst to do a good job for everyone and its up to some of our minorities over the next 2 months to really think--do I want more of the same or WORSE--or maybe should we try a guy who will sincerely try to help us? Educated wealthy whites dont like Trump--they like status quo--wealthy educated whites who control the media and many jobs--those are the people who right now hold the election in their hands UNLESS minorities stop and think. If African Americans and His panics change their thought process and they have time--I think this guy will do much better for them. And we want to see improvement in the uS--not just for wealthy whites.

Briggs, Trump has openly courted white nationalists, they are making robocalls for him. Trump's deals almost always work great for Trump and lousy for everyone else. Trump vs. Clinton should be called "Election 2016, Pick your Poison."

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/2/2016  12:39 PM
"no thank you" is a cop out!!!!

Supreme court justices, likely two hangs in the balance. That does filter down to our every day lives.
The court on Wednesday split on N.C. discriminatory actions to limit minority voting. If Scalia was alive, it would likey have stood.
Few things scare me more than the far swing to the right.

Yes, Hilary has made a money grab. Get in line.
Where was all this outrage when the Bush Family was raking in the cash?
This all about a women doing things men have been doing for decades and we want some sweet grandma "Barbara Bush" type women?
Think Bengazi is the first embassy we ever lost? Far from it. Its the first that we went on a bipartisan witch hunt on.
Im not a raving Hilary lover but if she is "crooked" then Trump is 10x worse!

BTW, he lost me when he slammed John McCain and called him a "Loser" for getting captured in war. Most disgusting think I ever heard a candidate every say!
When some disillusioned Purple heart recipient gave his metal to Trump he said "Cool, I always wanted one of these"!!! That is wrong as so many levels.
Trump is the guy that got out of Vietnam by a sham docter letter. That's ok, but don't take another mans metal!!!
This guy is rotten to the core.
Made fun of a disfigured reporter? He looked like a dumb teenager in need of maturity! Not a 70 year old man of "substance".
Bans reporters from papers with a history of fact checking?

Obama was gonna take your guns. Didn't happen. Obama was gonna take the Ammo. Prices went up. Gun dudes fall for this crap all the time. president can't take away a constitutional amendment.
ChickenSHyt NRA pansies now blasting that rhetoric? How many times we going to get taken by that lobby?

Nothing Hilary has done even comes close to what this guy is about!
No doubt its a Shyt Show but a 25billion dollar wall cheered by ignorant white uneducated gun lovers who fall for fear mongering crap over and over is validation enough for me that I can't vote for trump and if you don't vote for Hilary you might end up with him!

Stand up and vote for the democracy. This country has never been perfect but we cannot succumb to fearful ignorance and a right wing agenda that moves us away from the beacon of light that is our constitution!!!!!
We are a country of compassion and justice, not "America First".

DrAlphaeus

9/2/2016  12:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/2/2016  1:18 PM
Nalod wrote:"no thank you" is a cop out!!!!

Not showing up to the polls at all is the cop out IMHO. Showing up and saying to yourself "you know what, I can't vote for either of these folks" is at least being honest.

I'm in NYC so I don't feel personally compelled to vote for Clinton — the luxury of not being in a swing state. Pretty sure my neighbors have my back with that. If I was in a "red" or swing state I wouldn't have that philosophical luxury.

If I vote for Clinton, it would be on the Working Families line just to register a progressive voice. Very disappointed in the DNC's treatment of Bernie. Or I may vote for a long shot third party candidate. But I definitely prefer Clinton over a narcissist, which by definition is someone with "extreme selfishness, with a grandiose view of one's own talents and a craving for admiration". He's an ill-informed stick of dynamite who will be tweet-baited into diplomatic incidents, like we saw this week.

I don't have problem with reasoned critique of Clinton or Obama, but nonsense like they have no policies, and have done nothing I will not stand for. It's sad to see guns twisting in the wind trying to justify Trump's double talk, or see BRIGGS ascribing powers to the presidency to single-handedly eliminate crime or that Connecticut is going to Trump. I'll believe it when I see it.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/2/2016  1:13 PM
Nate
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/election-update-as-the-race-tightens-dont-assume-the-electoral-college-will-save-clinton/
CT for Trump??
Topic LOCKED
Where the heck is Hillary Clinton?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy